• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pixar Discussion Thread: Discussing Toy Story 3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think it was pretty appropriate, given the circumstances

I know Lenny and Wheezy had to be written off because their respective voice actors have passed away. The only exception to this was Slinky, who had a replacement voice actor who did a pretty good job.

Bo Peep was probably given away since Andy is...well, a boy. You have to wonder why he had Bo Peep in the first place to be honest haha. Also, you have to keep in mind that this is more than a decade letter, in real life and in the movie, so it only makes sense that some toys must have been lost along the way. That being said, it gives a strong connection between the main cast of characters. Though I must admit, Bo Peep was one of them and I did miss her a lot.
I think something that is so neat about this movie is the voice actor for the older Andy is the same voice actor for Andy when he was a kid.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I have no interest in toy love intrigues. So count me out on that.
haha, I guess I don't really concern myself whether or not they're "toys", just characters to me. So talking about the concept doesn't bother me and I enjoy love interests.

Bo Peep was probably given away since Andy is...well, a boy. You have to wonder why he had Bo Peep in the first place to be honest haha. Also, you have to keep in mind that this is more than a decade letter, in real life and in the movie, so it only makes sense that some toys must have been lost along the way. That being said, it gives a strong connection between the main cast of characters. Though I must admit, Bo Peep was one of them and I did miss her a lot.

I think something that is so neat about this movie is the voice actor for the older Andy is the same voice actor for Andy when he was a kid.
Actually,
Andy didn't really own her per say I believe she was in the room for a long time because she was Molly's lamp (or part of). And Molly was in Andy's room originally.

Yeah and the VA's real age is actually one year older than me (26) lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm finally gonna see Toy Story 3 tomorrow yay :D.

Also, lol at the first movie. I just noticed that in the scene where all the toys are coming to life to scare Sid, one of the toys on the skateboard toy says Redrum. Looooool, I can't believe I never got the reference, although the last time I did see this was when I was like 7 so I wouldn't have gotten the reference anyways :laugh:

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
did anyone else notice that the voice of the girl dinosaur is the voice of mel from flight of the conchords?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I saw TS3 on Sunday... I nearly cried at the end. Not the ending I wanted, but I'm satisfied.

btw

I'm guessing that Sid was supposed to be the garbage boy because I didn't see any other human that could fit a Sid cameo

Also, Lotso is a douche

Also again, Bo Peep got sold :'(

nuff said

UberMario

Smash Master
Yep, you hit the nail on the head Roach,
Sid is the garbage man

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh wow really? Loooool, he's just the only guy I'd imagine him being

The claw was so ****ing hilarious I'm serious. And lol @ Potato Head at being rescued cueing the aliens with their line at them. loooool. DAAAAAAAADDYYYYYYYYY XD

I'm serious, Lotso is such a douchebag he should've been burned instead of being put at the front of a garbage truck. I don't care if this is rated PG, Lotso deserved to be burnt, or shredded.

The Romeo and Juliet scene was so hilarious. I didn't see coming how Juliet was gonna be the green little alien :laugh:

I'm serious. This is the first movie to actually make me tear up in years. Hell, even my parents teared up at the ending. I mean, playing with Woody and the gang one last time. I'm serious, it really hit me right in my sentimental part of my heart :')

Also, lol at the evil professor/dr. (lol I forget which one it is) pork chop.

Also, that little girl seriously reminds me of myself at a young age. Seeing that I had those toy companions to defend me from the ghosts XD, but no tea parties, I am strictly male XD

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Wait...sid is the garbage man? and what happened to Al?

UberMario

Smash Master
I bought a Lotso Bear from the Disney store the other day, guys he smells like strawberries @____@.
Well that's mentioned more than once in the movie, I'm not surprised they made the real thing smell like that too. lol

Also, I wonder how many saw this commercial made by Disney!
Yes Disney made it, but it wasn't an actual retro toy. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dZtNYGlLM

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I was about to say that I didn't know it was a retro toy until I saw the spoiler tags XD

Well, it was mentioned like 3 times in the movie so I don't see why they wouldn't put strawberry scents on it.

I want a Lotso just to burn it after seeing how much of a douche he is.

UberMario

Smash Master
That's mean, he's adorable. ;_;

And:

"My sister got one of these for her sixth birthday. The next morning all our battery-operated toys had mysteriously reverted to factory settings and my Mister Potato Head was lying on the kitchen floor with all his parts stuck in a frozen burrito."

Best YT comment ever.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Haven't seen this yet.

Probably just gonna download it and watch it with family . . . a week or two from now. With Inception coming up and all . . .

>_> Hopefully I don't regret it.

S l o X

Smash Champion
:| How coincidental!

She hasn't seen TS3 and I haven't and I feel like this is a better movie to go see than Inception so we decided on TS3.

Looking forward to it . . . and posting results in this thread on Sunday (:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The fact that the series I grew up with is now over, the sad ending where
Andy gives away Woody, even though he was reluctant, and the fact that Andy get's to play with his toys one last time like the old days before he gives all his beloved toys away

Plus, the fact that Lotso didn't get burned instead just kinda pissed me off into tears

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think the only way you couldn't have found this sad even in the least is if you were new to the movie and never saw any of the movies previous. I knew friends who didn't cry but def. found the ending to be understandably emotional.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Dude, the ending was so sad. I was with my baby cousins trying very hard not to cry lol.

It's come full circle. I came to Paris a year after Toy Story came out in 95. In pictures I'm wearing a Toy Story shirt. I'm here again, 14 years later, with a tiny Woody doll that I carry with me everywhere I travel, and I get to see Toy Story 3 with my family.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
so ive watched this movie twice now...its fantasticcc
I don't understand what everyone cried about at the end. What was so sad?
because most people have hearts
Dude, the ending was so sad. I was with my baby cousins trying very hard not to cry lol.

It's come full circle. I came to Paris a year after Toy Story came out in 95. In pictures I'm wearing a Toy Story shirt. I'm here again, 14 years later, with a tiny Woody doll that I carry with me everywhere I travel, and I get to see Toy Story 3 with my family.
awwuhh

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
because most people have hearts
hoh shi

I saw the other 2 movies recently just before watching the 3rd, I didn't cry but came close, very teary and only didn't cry because I fought it lol. If I had shown no resistance I would have been blinking a lot of tears back

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've seen all 3 movies and loved it but really I never found much to cry about at the end.
Andy's off to college, it's just toys that he's leaving behind. Also the only one that is really going to miss him is Woody, even though his plan to stay with Andy was completely deluded, and he'd just get destroyed at college anyway.

I was pleased with the ending but I didn't find it tear worthy.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow, I'm all for Toy Story but that's a bit full on XD

Haha at least Buzz is an actual normal first name. Now that I think about it, that's pretty dam awesome!
"Good morning Mr Lightyear" *tips hat*

Top Bottom