• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pits of Pound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
This is a temporary thread to help out us angels goin to the upcoming national, pound V. I don't know why, but I'm starting to get butterflies all of a sudden. I just saw my pool and my heart somewhat sunk.

So the pools were altered after putting in last minute entries.

Pool 13

Logic
Smurf
Luckay4Lyphe
2fast
Porkey

Fyre's Pool - Pool 14 (lol @ God-Is-My-Rock vs Satan)

Kingtoon
GIMR
PitsKeyBlade
Satan
Jpeps

TKO's Pool - Pool 11

Vex Kasrani
Pharaoh Pch Kyon
TKbro
PokemonMasterJamaal3
Googs

PTZR's Pool - Pool 10

The Jerm
Xaltis
Pitzer
rPSI
Shiri

Put down anything of notable value (videos, who they main, bad matchups) on our opponents and we can go into this war with a preemptive strike! There may be only a few of us, but we won't give up without a mother ****ing fight.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Luckay.

King Beef is !@#$ing good. I'd be proud of ya if you beat him in a set with your Pit, because he curb stomped my Pit both games in pools. We went Smashville (?) and Brinstar. Be careful. He has a pocket MK, but it isn't like Anti level or something, but it's still good (he crapped on me on Brinstar). He has an amazing float-canceling, pseduo camp and mostly aggressive style. Most aggressive Peach I've seen.

Radian I'm not sure about. Might be a local player. Don't underestimate the locals.

Also, believe it or not, Pit can do so-so against MK. Anti might rip you apart if you let him, but it's probably better than going MK Dittos on him or any character you're not familiar with. I've played a few games with his MK on wifi, wasn't too bad. And he's a wifi champ lol.

And lol at TKO and Vex together.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah, I know Pit can do some stuff to mk, but I have no where near the experience to use Pit against mk in tourney. My pikachu is enough for metaknight as of now since there's the chaingrab and pikachu has better kill set ups. I have actually beated mk's with pikachu unlike Pit. I'll probably go pikachu on king beef too since there's a peach player here named SSR who wrecks my Pit, but my pikachu can take him. He's coming over tomorrow so I'll be sure to get in enough practice.

I also looked up radian on aib, he's local, but theres no info on him. Though, I'm luckay enough to be in a pool of 4 when the top three get out of pools. I'll just focus on peach practice for now, maybe someone from md/va knows who radian uses.

I forgot vex uses Pit too lol, I wonder if he'll use him.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I also looked up radian, and the second shoutout the guy puts "rep Lucario" so there's a pretty good hint right there. I'll see if I can find anything else out

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
OH you got this then Luckay. I think with Pikachu you'll do well against KB, maybe even Anti. With Pit you can **** Luc. I hope you do well or even win this damn thing!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pit beats peach. just gotta outspace her which is not easy but all things are doable with pit if you have the patience. and this match up ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES PATIENCE or it becomes in her favor. but as long as u space pivot arrow, short hop run away arrow, dtilt, and fair you will win that mu. not to mention pit with a turnip is deadly.

and good luck guys

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
pit beats peach. just gotta outspace her which is not easy but all things are doable with pit if you have the patience. and this match up ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES PATIENCE or it becomes in her favor. but as long as u space pivot arrow, short hop run away arrow, dtilt, and fair you will win that mu. not to mention pit with a turnip is deadly.

and good luck guys
Ya i watched masashi vs that one peach and then beat the peach i was havin troubles with Kyx0n (inb4namesearch) in a friendly. You have to play so defensive and slow to win. Now i know why i kept gettin *****. i was trying to go aggro. Though said player would prolly beat me when hes FULLY trying. Ill get at there level soon since im goin all pit now.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So I got a Tink, and Falco. Well I know that much. Fyre told me, about rPSI. I don't know who is this Shiri? Yoshi? If so I fought Polt. I did really good vs him in a MM. I know the Falco vs Pit match up and Tink match up thanks to wifi. Guys I think I got top 2. In my pool

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
lol who did you play on wifi? Jerm is a great TL, don't doubt him. I went into a set vs Kingtoon and got timed out because I thought I had the TL matchup down from wifi.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So I got a Tink, and Falco. Well I know that much. Fyre told me, about rPSI. I don't know who is this Shiri? Yoshi? If so I fought Polt. I did really good vs him in a MM. I know the Falco vs Pit match up and Tink match up thanks to wifi. Guys I think I got top 2. In my pool
Who the ****'s rPSI.

What did Fyre tell you about me? >.>

Anyhow, good luck. :lick:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
i played kingtoon on wifi lol. My best friend mains tink and i study his projectiles and frames so I know when to Power shield.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I'm not attending, but i wish all of you the best of luck. Woop them so badly that they bump pit up to the A tier ;)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also against lucario wingdashing is a totally valid approach. and don't forget everyone all u pound pits if there is one thing i will never ever ever stop telling pits to do..............

DTILT DTITL DTILT DTILT DTILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and pivot arrow>grab but that's just one of my gimmicks that is successful

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Luckay. Radian uses either Lucas or Toon Link. He is from Virginia Beach, Virginia so a SoVa dude. No worries.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
i played kingtoon on wifi lol. My best friend mains tink and i study his projectiles and frames so I know when to Power shield.
hi pj here, just got through skyping with kt and his gay questions. I'd just like that say jerms gonna bust yo ***.

but you'll prob make it out pools since yours only has like two good players

dskank

Smash Journeyman
xaltis is a good falco. hes got that pocket mk so beware when ur cping

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude you guys are the ones who said help us out and give us advice (and by us i mean u and luckay). so now that we are doing it instead of saying "chill the **** out i got this" it should be more like

thank you guys for your advice which i requested. im not gonna be ungrateful and if anything could you possibly throw out a few more words of wisdom before going to pound in against (insert any unknown/uncomfortable match up here).

or we could just leave you guys to the wolves (not the wolfs tho. don't lose to any wolfs)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I dont think he's being ungrateful any more than he's just trying to show his enthusiasm and confidence. It helps to have confidence. Thinking you're going to lose to a bunch of rabid wolves without help ruins that :(

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's an anti trolling mech. Sorry if it sounded like I was cocky and ****, it's how I am. Imma try my best vs Tink and Falco.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
to answer what fyre said

I'd Beat

but its more so because she's cool not because shes like the finest chick I ever seen

but she has a cockblock Boyfriend so yea.....

also my pool sucks
3rd seed is pretty much what I have to shoot for unless I make an Upset on trela

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
My pool might be a little easier now. Anyone know anything about smurf besides he's a mk?

I can beat the other two, but my main concern is metaknight, Smurf and Logic. I might be able to take first since Logic has the tendency to **** up sometimes and doing that with olimar could means gimped/sd.

To Fyre, I'd have to say Gimr is beatable, its just gaw is a hard matchup. Don't pick stages with platforms and techroll to the right everytime. Or just normal tech and utilt because he falls for that too. He's also bad at bucketing so fill up his bucket and spam him if you get a stock lead. If he tries to dthrow bucket, DI behind him.

Also, for KingToon, I haven't played him since last year, but don't pursue him in the air if he has a bomb in his hand because he'll try to airdodge bomb drop. I'd say run past him on the ground and wait for him to land to approach. Watch Pitzer vs Jerm if you can and see what Jerm does, it might be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom