• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Picto Box - Toon Link Video & Critique Thread

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
Heimdall here again, and I have discovered a new bomb tech! I call it: Walljuump Re-Grab Edgeguard. It's nothing entirely new, but it utilizes walljumping combined with the C4 drop or tetherless z dop. Give this a watch and lemme know what you think!
https://youtu.be/rqD0Y0dWZWE

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Heimdall here again, and I have discovered a new bomb tech! I call it: Walljuump Re-Grab Edgeguard. It's nothing entirely new, but it utilizes walljumping combined with the C4 drop or tetherless z dop. Give this a watch and lemme know what you think!
Ive been doing this for a while, but never really did it to the extent you showed it off at. I even uploaded something on it when I first learned about it https://youtu.be/XSF-x_jtBTs, and I made a combo video a few weeks ago that had two tether cancel edgeguards, one with bair, one with the reverse hitbox of fair https://youtu.be/nTXkPMz3-u4.

Really nice job on your video though, i'm definitely going to start using this more, and if I had any complaints on your video, it felt a bit long. You could have maybe only done the tech on one side of the stage, or done it different ways on each side.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I hate to be that guy (actually loves to be that guy), but those weren't C4s. A C4 is when you z drop it as you land on the ground and it gets placed there without exploding. You can also do it just as rising/falling thorugh a platform, and there are probably also some other methods I'm forgetting. What you were doing is instant z drop (z dropping without zair coming out), so I guess this is like izac but being airborne before you start it... aerial/airborne instant z drop aerial catch... aizac? I imagine that being pronounced the same, or really similar, to izac though, so maybe someone else can think up a better name.
Other than that, great video.

Last edited:

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
I hate to be that guy (actually loves to be that guy), but those weren't C4s. A C4 is when you z drop it as you land on the ground and it gets placed there without exploding. You can also do it just as rising/falling thorugh a platform, and there are probably also some other methods I'm forgetting. What you were doing is instant z drop (z dropping without fair coming out), so I guess this is like izac but being airborne before you start it... aerial/airborne instant z drop aerial catch... aizac? I imagine that being pronounced the same, or really similar, to izac though, so maybe someone else can think up a better name.
Aight, I've seen it called C4 in another video but that makes more sense I'll refer to it as instant Z drop then. And also, "z dropping without fair coming out"? :) I'm a grammar nazi lol. So you mean zair then

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Aight, I've seen it called C4 in another video but that makes more sense I'll refer to it as instant Z drop then. And also, "z dropping without fair coming out"? :) I'm a grammar nazi lol. So you mean zair then
Yeah, I meant zair lol. Karma for being a smart ass I suppose lmao.

Snasen

Smash Cadet
I hate to be that guy (actually loves to be that guy), but those weren't C4s. A C4 is when you z drop it as you land on the ground and it gets placed there without exploding. You can also do it just as rising/falling thorugh a platform, and there are probably also some other methods I'm forgetting. What you were doing is instant z drop (z dropping without zair coming out), so I guess this is like izac but being airborne before you start it... aerial/airborne instant z drop aerial catch... aizac? I imagine that being pronounced the same, or really similar, to izac though, so maybe someone else can think up a better name.
Its a zac :p its what izac is built upon

oBebi

Smash Rookie
Yes, that's an Instant Drop it's called. It's in the AT thread too.

"Instant Z-Drop (Must Know)
Description: Toon will Z-drop a Bomb without Zair coming out as he leaves the ground from jumping.
How to Perform: While holding a Bomb, press the Jump button, then as Toon is coming out of the Jump squat animation and just before he actually leaves the ground, press the Grab button while keeping the joystick in neutral.
Note: This is the most useful way to Z-drop a Bomb without Zair coming out. If you re-catch the Bomb with an aerial immediately after dropping it, this would be an IZAC. If you Z-drop the Bomb within the opponent's hurtbox, the Bomb will immediately explode on them, and since Z-dropping is lagless and the Bomb explosion doesn't hurt you when activated by an opponent's hurtbox, this leaves you free to combo out of the Bomb explosion with an aerial. Otherwise, you can simply Z-drop it beside them which will explode on the ground a moment later after you're out of range, and this explosion can similarly be used to combo."

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Theres obviously alot of misinformation and misunderstandings going around. But no thats just a regular zdrop, you said it yourself, Wut XD
Yeah, but when you use an aerial and z drop it, zair doesn't come out... so it's an instant z drop... so it's aizac... right?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, but when you use an aerial and z drop it, zair doesn't come out... so it's an instant z drop... so it's aizac... right?
That would just fall under 'z-drop'.
"Z-Drop
Description: Toon will drop a Bomb. So long as the Bomb is purposefully dropped and not thrown and so long as the Bomb remains 'active' (which just means that it will explode if it touches an enemy hurtbox), then regardless of whether Zair comes out at the same time or not, this is a Z-drop.
How to Perform: While holding a Bomb, hit the grab button in mid-air while keeping the joystick in neutral.
Note: As has been alluded to, it is possible to Z-drop a Bomb without Zair coming out. In order to do this, you must hit the grab button while holding a Bomb immediately after: a SH, a FH, a Ledge jump, a Footstool, an Aerial, the Tumble state (following hitstun [though in the 3ds version you can do it out of hitstun]), or dropping through a platform. Ledge jump Z-drops can be useful for dropping a bomb off-stage to hit people who are recovering behind you while you get off the ledge, or to hit people who are simply standing too close to the edge when you ledge jump."

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
That would just fall under 'z-drop'.
"Z-Drop
Description: Toon will drop a Bomb. So long as the Bomb is purposefully dropped and not thrown and so long as the Bomb remains 'active' (which just means that it will explode if it touches an enemy hurtbox), then regardless of whether Zair comes out at the same time or not, this is a Z-drop.
How to Perform: While holding a Bomb, hit the grab button in mid-air while keeping the joystick in neutral.
Note: As has been alluded to, it is possible to Z-drop a Bomb without Zair coming out. In order to do this, you must hit the grab button while holding a Bomb immediately after: a SH, a FH, a Ledge jump, a Footstool, an Aerial, the Tumble state (following hitstun [though in the 3ds version you can do it out of hitstun]), or dropping through a platform. Ledge jump Z-drops can be useful for dropping a bomb off-stage to hit people who are recovering behind you while you get off the ledge, or to hit people who are simply standing too close to the edge when you ledge jump."
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. Cool new avatar btw.

Snasen

Smash Cadet
And the last type of zdrop foxy describes is usually referred to as a Zac if you do it for the purpose of throwing out an aerial.

Z drop aerial catch, though we don't call it instant I guess because it's not instant out of neutral like Izac or Pizac. some kind of action has to happen in advance.

I know it's confusing, but somehow it makes sense in the end.. :p

Last edited:

lamegenie

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I was warming up in for glory the other night and ended up breaking this guys shield into the classic bomb > dair. He must've felt embarrassed so he took his own life. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
https://youtu.be/KMxzz1Jfc90

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Hey guys. I was warming up in for glory the other night and ended up breaking this guys shield into the classic bomb > dair. He must've felt embarrassed so he took his own life. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
https://youtu.be/KMxzz1Jfc90
Tink's face on the last frame lmao
upload_2016-4-10_11-32-53.png

upload_2016-4-10_11-33-13.png

I'd like to imagine he was staring down the marth player

Last edited:

Valoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oceanum
I have made another Combo Video, this one with Vegas Pro, and I would like to know what people think. The editing still kind of sucks, but I think it's a ton better than the first one and hopefully whoever watches it enjoys!

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
I have made another Combo Video, this one with Vegas Pro, and I would like to know what people think. The editing still kind of sucks, but I think it's a ton better than the first one and hopefully whoever watches it enjoys!

I've got several things to say, but they all come from different perspecives.
First off, I like the new avatar.
Second, and to the real feedback, as a fellow editor, the cuts could be smoother. Also, don't feel obligated to show the enemy being killed. Simply carry the audio over in the background of the next clip, fading it away as the opponent loses their stock. (I now see you use Vegas Pro like I do so) I could give you some more detailed editing guidelines/suggestions.
Third, as a fellow Tink main, nice jab locks and creative kills with the C4 drop w/ zair on Battlefield and Dreamland. But it seemed to me that there were a little bit too many of them lol. I liked the clips, but some were pretty repeated or done on scrubs (i.e., the Kirby spamming down b on Duck Hunt).
Fourth, as a YouTuber, if you want to make it big or just get your video seen, use keywords in the description and make sure to use good tags so people can find it. The thumbnail could've used some more work, but I liked the intro. The overall video and sound quality sounded a little poor to me. Again, depends on editing software you use, but what did you use to record the clips? I have an AVerMedia capture card to record in 720p 60fps (standard HD and smooth framerate). Also, be sure to credit the author/composer of the music (which you did), then it's kind of plagiarizing (and if the tune is catchy or some people are interested in the song like myself, they want to be able to check the description for a link or just the title of the song.

I can't think of anything else that comes to mind, but I hope this helps! Again, if you want some more stylistic or general editing tips, you can message me on Smashboards.

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz

Good video, some really creative stuff there... but I have one major issue. Filters. You definitely didn't use them all too much, but I can tell that if you were good enough at editing, you would do 'super editing', as I like to call it. This is basically when people throw so many unnecessary filters, zooms/pans, and other editing tricks that is becomes less of a smash highlight video, and more of a editing highlight video. Idk if it's just me, but I hate it when I see this, it's just one more reason I prefer melee combo videos to sm4sh combo videos (the other being melee is advanced af and sm4sh is tr4sh rofl xDDD)

Honestly, I think the only people I've seen do this well at all are rush hour smash, but even their editing gets quite excessive at times.
So yeah, idk if other people will say the same, but I recommend always keeping your focus on the gameplay, and editting only a little to improve the video.

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
Soooo, this happened. Also, SO glad that f smash was patched in 1.1.5 (or was it 1.1.4?). Criticism on my editing skills is great. Anyone able to give any Vegas Pro specific advice would be great. Shield Break!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Soooo, this happened. Also, SO glad that f smash was patched in 1.1.5 (or was it 1.1.4?). Criticism on my editing skills is great. Anyone able to give any Vegas Pro specific advice would be great. Shield Break!
After having only just been told to use a filter, the filter made it kind of difficult to see how much shield was left XD. Oh well.
For some reason I didn't expect the Fair to shield break though, so that's pretty neat.

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
After having only just been told to use a filter, the filter made it kind of difficult to see how much shield was left XD. Oh well.
For some reason I didn't expect the Fair to shield break though, so that's pretty neat.
Yeah, I need to work on that a little and on not going overboard with the lighting effects lol
And also, fair does a decent amount of shield damage, but it's pretty difficult to get a shield break intentionally. You have to condition your opponent into shielding even when their shield is small. If they roll away, predict the next roll and punish (preferably with fair if they hold shield after rolling :) )

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Literally just after I made a post complaining about filters and really heavy editing lmao. That timing was too good.

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
Made a Toon Link guide. c:
Very informative and really good editing. You also have a soothing voice too as a side note, lol.

I think you should of mentioned zair though. Although its usefulness has somewhat been limited from Brawl thanks to airdodge landing lag and the one second ledge mechanic, it's still pretty good for spacing and follow ups. Other than that, it's a very good video that covers the most crucial aspects of playing Toon Link. Nice to see TL getting more recognition. :)

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
I have some videos of my online matches with my friend. Can you give me some tips about my Toon Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RKY_iVYCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB3Tw0cwHw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiExFXm86aM
Alright, after watching them a few times, I've found some things to say. Forgive me in advance, I tend to type a lot so this may end up being very long XD

Before any analysis, there is one major tech you need to know if you want to play Toon Link: Jump-cancelling, more specifically, Jump-cancel glide/bomb toss (JCBT). In order to jump-cancel and throw an item, press jump, then the direction you want to throw your item, and hit A. This results in you sliding across the ground while throwing the item. The best way to tell if you're doing it right is to compare a dash attack-thrown bomb (2:24 of your 3rd link) to a JCBT, which has far less lag. Here's a video tutorial that teaches JC the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3_vOtY5kCc

Last note about JC is that you can also JC Up-Smash's. While running, press jump, then input an Up-Smash. Give that a shot too. And take it from me. As someone who never wanted to learn this tech, I've become a better player for learning it. And once you're used to it, it's absolutely muscle memory. Sometimes it looked like you used it, though most of the time you didn't, which is why I bring it up. My bad if you already are familiar with it, but yeah, definitely work on it. Okay, onto specific critique from your videos.

Your usage of projectiles is rather clunky. It's more of aimless spamming rather then strategic usage. You use Jab a lot, which is a fast move by Toon Link standards, but as Toon Link, your job isn't to challenge your opponents physically. Your job is to run away from your opponents who attempt to overwhelm you physically, and use your superior projectiles. Use them as traps and combo confirms. Some B&B combo's for Toon Link include Bomb to JC Up-Smash, Bomb to Fair/Up-Air, Boomerang to Fair, and fancy things like returning boomerang to grab, Up Smash, F-Smash, or basically whatever you want.

1:59 of your 2nd video for example. You threw the boomerang up, then you attempted to approach with a bow in the air. You technically don't need to. Instead, stay on the ground and shoot an arrow. Pull out a bomb. If he reflects the arrow, it's not a big deal. If you pull out a bomb and he runs at you, run away. You're faster anyway XD. Point being, you don't need to be physical with him. Have him run towards you instead.

Playing keep-out was never more important then in your 3rd video. You let Jigglypuff into your space really fast, and tried to beat her out with your sword. It's a bit tricky deciding what to do against Falco since he has the reflector, but against people like Jiggs, Roy, Marth, Meta Knight, DK, etc, you just throw projectiles and rack up damage into finishers. No need to charge into battle.

You need to have faster movement overall. 1:17 of your 2nd video, that bomb to F-air is a powerful KO confirm for Toon Link, but hesitating like you did made it not work as a combo. There are other cases of you missing Up-Tilt combo's like at 1:44 in the same video. After you got Rest'd at 1:15 of the 3rd video, why not fast fall and charge an F-Smash? Even D-air if you want,

Ever heard of Hyuga? He's recognized as one of the best, if not the best Toon Link. I would highly recommend watching a few video's of him. My personal two favourite, and probably his two most popular vid's, are the two I'll link here:
Hyuga vs Nairo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYGEJDhZqjQ
Hyuga vs Mr. R: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLmUjWrzkU (First game was amazing)

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the competitive scene so forgive me if I'm assuming incorrect things. Let me know if some of this stuff was helpful though, and clarify any mistakes I've made!

DanMuller

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanMuller
3DS FC
2251-7567-6274
Thanks for the reply Moobussir Moobussir .

There's no need to forgive because I didn't see any problem in your huge post XD
I read through it dozen of times and watched my videos before answering. So here I go!

About the JCBT, I'm familiar with the existence of this tech, but didn't use much in the matches. There's something worth working on. The video of My Smash Corner helped me a lot to spot the differences to what I did in the match and what I should do with glide tossing. The JC Up-smash is something that I don't use. Sometimes I run an up smash, without JC'ing. I'll look into it in the lab.

About the projectiles, I agree with you. This is something that I do and it bothers me because it can be done better (with strategy, as you said). Still don't know what I can do to get better with the projectiles, especially the arrows. I don't know how to use them properly. If you have some examples about this strategic use of projectiles that you can point me, I'll be grateful.

The overuse of jabs is a strategy that I develop in the friendlies against Mario and Falco, because they're always in my face and Jab keeps them at bay. I have a bad time against characters with reflectors. Next time I face them, I'll try playing keep-out, as you suggested.

The faster movement that you told me is about not hesitating or there's something else?

I've heard of Hyuga and always search for videos of his Toon Link. I'll rewatch these videos and find something that I can learn from his Toon Link to improve my play.

It was a helpful reply. Thanks!

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the reply Moobussir Moobussir .

There's no need to forgive because I didn't see any problem in your huge post XD
I read through it dozen of times and watched my videos before answering. So here I go!

About the JCBT, I'm familiar with the existence of this tech, but didn't use much in the matches. There's something worth working on. The video of My Smash Corner helped me a lot to spot the differences to what I did in the match and what I should do with glide tossing. The JC Up-smash is something that I don't use. Sometimes I run an up smash, without JC'ing. I'll look into it in the lab.

About the projectiles, I agree with you. This is something that I do and it bothers me because it can be done better (with strategy, as you said). Still don't know what I can do to get better with the projectiles, especially the arrows. I don't know how to use them properly. If you have some examples about this strategic use of projectiles that you can point me, I'll be grateful.

The overuse of jabs is a strategy that I develop in the friendlies against Mario and Falco, because they're always in my face and Jab keeps them at bay. I have a bad time against characters with reflectors. Next time I face them, I'll try playing keep-out, as you suggested.

The faster movement that you told me is about not hesitating or there's something else?

I've heard of Hyuga and always search for videos of his Toon Link. I'll rewatch these videos and find something that I can learn from his Toon Link to improve my play.

It was a helpful reply. Thanks!
Honestly I'm also not that familiar with how to use arrows effectively either XD. One of my common ways of using them is basically if I've thrown my boomerang and I need to get another projectile into my opponents space, since bomb isn't fast enough. What I end up doing sometimes a lot is when my opponent is between me and a returning boomerang (Returning Rang, or RR for short, I like that abbreviation XD), I'll shoot an arrow, they get pushed back into RR and I can run in with a JC Up-Smash or grab. My friend Halfy have demonstrated a few useful techniques with them such as using them to assist your approach, like jumping forward and shooting an arrow if your opponent is in the air. Here's a clip of it in action (Watch the red Toon Link: https://youtu.be/21laiOiL70o?t=58s)

Here's also one of my matches, albeit fairly old, of me finding usage in arrows in the Robin matchup at my local one day. In that entire match I had not used arrows, but at 10:39 I started using them and they were providing some effective pressure. It might give you some ideas for how they can be used: https://youtu.be/a5W3DZOodH0?t=10m37s.

There are a lot of advanced techniques with arrows, such as B-reverse and Wavebounce arrows (Works with boomerang too). My Smash Corner has a video on that as well (https://youtu.be/Vw1elkJwtDo), though I personally don't use them too often, mostly from not practicing them. They are extremely useful however and some of the best uses for arrows.

If Jab works for you in those situations, by all means keep using it. If a strategy works on an opponent, no need to change what works :p. The only thing that worries me is if you try to approach with Jab, which can be risky. But again, if it works, and you can find a good usage for it, then keep going XD. In fact, try using D-tilt as well. It's about as fast as Jab and it also knocks opponents away and you have more time to act after. D-tilt to Dash attack is a true combo at lower %'s too. I personally like D-tilt a lot and I like using it to push opponents away who think they can punish my lag from attacks. Using both Jab and D-tilt in the right situations is a good thing. The more options you have, the better :p

Part of faster movement is yes, not hesitating, but also moving around intelligently. I think in the clips I shared above, you can see both of us always moving and being in the positions we want to be on the ground. The more you move, the more options you open up for yourself to cover your opponents. And as Toon Link, with bombs and boomerangs to cover so many angles, you can cover a lot of space. Try throwing boomerang out more into your opponents area. Pull out bombs and throw them into your opponents space too. It's a good way to start, by moving around and throwing projectiles in places to interfere with your opponents. And try it on characters who can't reflect, since you're looking to understand the concept before trying to handle difficult opponents like that XD. It's a bit of an abstract concept so I apologize if I'm not describing it properly, let me know if I should reword it or anything.

Another great Toon Link I should mention is Zan. He's one of, if not the most technical high-ranked Toon Link player. He makes great use of B-reverses, Wavebounces, and honestly a master of technicality and fluidity. Here's a video he shared himself and he's damn good in it, especially Game 2. Even his handwarmer is awe-inspiring XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2QsX51KR4. Should also mention that the advanced technique, Bomb Fake-Out (BFO) is also his favourite. Look up some tutorials on that, I can't honestly recommend one since I don't use it either XD.

Oh look at that another essay. Whoops LOL. Well hope it was helpful regardless XD

Last edited:

DanMuller

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanMuller
3DS FC
2251-7567-6274
Honestly I'm also not that familiar with how to use arrows effectively either XD. One of my common ways of using them is basically if I've thrown my boomerang and I need to get another projectile into my opponents space, since bomb isn't fast enough. What I end up doing sometimes a lot is when my opponent is between me and a returning boomerang (Returning Rang, or RR for short, I like that abbreviation XD), I'll shoot an arrow, they get pushed back into RR and I can run in with a JC Up-Smash or grab. My friend Halfy have demonstrated a few useful techniques with them such as using them to assist your approach, like jumping forward and shooting an arrow if your opponent is in the air. Here's a clip of it in action (Watch the red Toon Link: https://youtu.be/21laiOiL70o?t=58s)

Here's also one of my matches, albeit fairly old, of me finding usage in arrows in the Robin matchup at my local one day. In that entire match I had not used arrows, but at 10:39 I started using them and they were providing some effective pressure. It might give you some ideas for how they can be used: https://youtu.be/a5W3DZOodH0?t=10m37s.

There are a lot of advanced techniques with arrows, such as B-reverse and Wavebounce arrows (Works with boomerang too). My Smash Corner has a video on that as well (https://youtu.be/Vw1elkJwtDo), though I personally don't use them too often, mostly from not practicing them. They are extremely useful however and some of the best uses for arrows.

If Jab works for you in those situations, by all means keep using it. If a strategy works on an opponent, no need to change what works :p. The only thing that worries me is if you try to approach with Jab, which can be risky. But again, if it works, and you can find a good usage for it, then keep going XD. In fact, try using D-tilt as well. It's about as fast as Jab and it also knocks opponents away and you have more time to act after. D-tilt to Dash attack is a true combo at lower %'s too. I personally like D-tilt a lot and I like using it to push opponents away who think they can punish my lag from attacks. Using both Jab and D-tilt in the right situations is a good thing. The more options you have, the better :p

Part of faster movement is yes, not hesitating, but also moving around intelligently. I think in the clips I shared above, you can see both of us always moving and being in the positions we want to be on the ground. The more you move, the more options you open up for yourself to cover your opponents. And as Toon Link, with bombs and boomerangs to cover so many angles, you can cover a lot of space. Try throwing boomerang out more into your opponents area. Pull out bombs and throw them into your opponents space too. It's a good way to start, by moving around and throwing projectiles in places to interfere with your opponents. And try it on characters who can't reflect, since you're looking to understand the concept before trying to handle difficult opponents like that XD. It's a bit of an abstract concept so I apologize if I'm not describing it properly, let me know if I should reword it or anything.

Another great Toon Link I should mention is Zan. He's one of, if not the most technical high-ranked Toon Link player. He makes great use of B-reverses, Wavebounces, and honestly a master of technicality and fluidity. Here's a video he shared himself and he's damn good in it, especially Game 2. Even his handwarmer is awe-inspiring XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2QsX51KR4. Should also mention that the advanced technique, Bomb Fake-Out (BFO) is also his favourite. Look up some tutorials on that, I can't honestly recommend one since I don't use it either XD.

Oh look at that another essay. Whoops LOL. Well hope it was helpful regardless XD
Thanks again Moobussir Moobussir . It was really helpful your essay XD

Thanks for the videos. It give me insights about how creative I can be using arrows. About the techniques like wavebounce and B-reverse, I found them useful. Sometimes I use the B-reverse to run away and come back shooting an arrow in the air to the other direction.

D-tilt is a move that I rarely use. It is good in lower percentages because can trip oponents and is a guarranted grab for me. It's a move that's worth trying out more times, as you suggested.

The way you explained about the movement is really insteresting. I was messing around with this concept more by trial and error than other things. And you clarified the reason I was throwing a boomerang and closing the gap between me and my oponent. I'll try messing around more with this cause now I know why I should do this. And it can help me with my autopiloting issues since this movement needs to be done consciously to improve my gameplay. I need to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing this. It will help with my spam without a planning, as you said to me in the other post.

Now its time to work in this issues and come back later with more replays.

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again Moobussir Moobussir . It was really helpful your essay XD

Thanks for the videos. It give me insights about how creative I can be using arrows. About the techniques like wavebounce and B-reverse, I found them useful. Sometimes I use the B-reverse to run away and come back shooting an arrow in the air to the other direction.

D-tilt is a move that I rarely use. It is good in lower percentages because can trip oponents and is a guarranted grab for me. It's a move that's worth trying out more times, as you suggested.

The way you explained about the movement is really insteresting. I was messing around with this concept more by trial and error than other things. And you clarified the reason I was throwing a boomerang and closing the gap between me and my oponent. I'll try messing around more with this cause now I know why I should do this. And it can help me with my autopiloting issues since this movement needs to be done consciously to improve my gameplay. I need to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing this. It will help with my spam without a planning, as you said to me in the other post.

Now its time to work in this issues and come back later with more replays.
Glad my essays and the videos could help XD. Pictures are worth 1000 words so videos must be priceless :p

It's a good thing you've got a game plan when studying, it means you're dedicated and you know what you're aiming to fix and improve on.

Last thing I can say about fluid movement that I haven't said is that Zan is a master at fluid movement, so studying him for fluidity isn't a bad idea for inspirational purposes.

We'll be here when you've got more to show, as will I when I can go to tourney's again XD

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
Check out my newest montage! This time featuring me and NintendoCreeper. I have recently joined a crew so give them a subscribe and like the video!

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
Check out my newest montage! This time featuring me and NintendoCreeper. I have recently joined a crew so give them a subscribe and like the video!
Congrats on joining a crew!

I am by no means an editor but I can give my viewer impression. I'm all for editing in montages but I think there were 2 things that bothered me most here. Vs the Roy, the PP Up-tilt deserves a highlight, but slowing down most of the other Up-tilts is unnecessary IMO. Similarily, Vs Bowser, I almost missed the arrow lock. I feel like that could have been better highlighted in editing, idk. The first point is more important than the second anyway. But damn I still think it's impressive. Good job!

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
Congrats on joining a crew!

I am by no means an editor but I can give my viewer impression. I'm all for editing in montages but I think there were 2 things that bothered me most here. Vs the Roy, the PP Up-tilt deserves a highlight, but slowing down most of the other Up-tilts is unnecessary IMO. Similarily, Vs Bowser, I almost missed the arrow lock. I feel like that could have been better highlighted in editing, idk. The first point is more important than the second anyway. But damn I still think it's impressive. Good job!
Thanks for the feedback! I was honestly pretty lazy on this montage so I definitely used a little too much slomo on the utilt footstool combo. Could've been better but thanks again!

Also, my next guide is in the works, so be expecting that soon...

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm spamming now lol but here's my new guide! Lemme know what u think! https://youtu.be/x5Lv1C2q4c8

What's sad is that it's not you spamming. It's just the boards being inactive XD

I already commented on the video itself but I'll say it again here. Apex Tossing is otherwise known as BFO, Bomb Fake-out. Up to you on what to do with that information.

Actually, with that in mind, would you consider at some point in your series, showing real examples on these things in effect? Showing how BFO is useful against reflectors from real/simulated matches and whatnot. It might be a cool way to inspire more usage of these techniques. Just a thought.

Top Bottom