• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The people of Brawl Wifi.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
What do you dislike about the Smashers who goes to Wifi?

Mine are right here↓↓↓↓

1.Taunt Party Tards - Really? Do people really go on wifi just to Smash the taunt button(s) and attack the player who wants to play the game legitimately? *faceplam*

2.People who pick the same character as you,all because you kept winning - If only i had a dollar for everytime i see this online. :metaknight: Metaknight anyone? lol

3.People who get serious when you KO them in a Sudden Death and then in the next match they chase you around the whole stage - Why so serious? *facepalm*

4.People who goes on wifi even when they know that their connection is crappy

5. The coward(s) that pick Temple and run away.

6. when people keep picking final destination(with friends) whenever i try to choose a different stage i get frowned upon. -_- it is just for fun.

Well, i guess that all.....what do you dislike about the people of wifi? and sorry if i didn't make any sense with my picks. lol :laugh:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
1. Taunt Parties are for fun. Get over it if you play Basic Brawl too much to notice. Plus, Items? How do you play a game "legitimately" with Items?

2. More than likely, they pick the same char because they can't win and/or to make the MU even.

3. You killed them in Sudden Death, big whoop. If you can kill them there, why can't you give them a reason to stay off you? :V

4. This is where i slide in. It's offensive. If you're not playing for fun over wifi, why play at all? I know my net is trash, so i don't play wifi to get better, it slows me down.

5. You're playing noobs. Done.

Think about what you post, before you do it :S

Kthanks.

Aibou

Smash Master
I'll first respond to your dislikes, Godbrother, before posting my own.

1. Agreed with Lucas. It's just for fun. When I'm not in the mood for a taunt party when everyone else is, I leave and try to find a different group to play with.

2. I've seen this happen before. If it offends you, then just prove you're better by beating them.

3. Revenge bud lolol. Though sometimes they'll ragequit when you beat them in Sudden Death. Happened to me twice today lmao

4. I can somewhat agree upon this if you're talking about important 1v1 matches, but in friendlies or Basic Brawl, it's just for fun >_>

5. I'll admit that pisses me the hell off too :mad:

OK now, things that I dislike about Basic Brawl players is attacking AFK people. It's just pointless and gives you meaningless points >_> Another thing is people that spam the same move...when it's NOT working. Like this Yoshi kept using Eggroll today when I was clearly NOT getting hit by it. Then he kept SDing with it, like wtf? xD

Pee-G

Smash Cadet
1.tuant partys, brawl wasnt made for taunts it was made for well... brawling and there not fun just annoying

2. people that pick HT all the time and stay in the corner just to wait till some is at a high % to get the kill

3. spamers... nuff said

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
1. Teamers
2. People who douche it up and leave after one match
3. Temple or Final Destination over and over
4. People that purposely SD in Team Battle
5. Every Zelda player (except this one)
6. People that go AFC in the middle of a match, usually right after they screw up big time
7. Anyone with a false dichotomy about Smash Bros. and what constitutes "legitimate" play

Things I don't mind are spammers. I just don't find them especially annoying, and they're certainly not troublesome... except Pit's arrows on Bridge of Eldin... words cannot describe the annoyance.

Also I rather enjoy when someone picks my character. I appreciate the sort of balls it takes to challenge me with my own guy, especially when it's a low tier. Other times it may just mean that we have the same main and we think alike on some level. For my part, if I see someone tearing it up with Ganondorf or something I just can't help myself... I never figured it could upset anyone, if anything they should be flattered.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah Godbro, you spammed the hell outta this.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol okay i won't do it nomore
I'm afraid that's not going to cut it. You consciously spammed a thread that you created to gain post count. That's not very honest.
If you wanted to gain post to join the tourney, you could've done it righteously by adding to the discussion of the countless threads we have here on the Forums, rather than multi-posting in your own.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
He must really want to join that tourney O_o

Kupo you have created a monster!!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lmfao, Mio is the truth-teller.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
1. I hate taunts that say stuff like, *getting ride of you Noobs* *Is that the beest you can do* It just makes me fill down. I'd perfer something like.... 1000 Points

2. When people taunt just make you taunt so they can get a hit an when you taunt *sigh*

3. I'm told that I roll alot and Spam Alot, sometimes its the lag that makes do that, When I'mpressing Up to jump with thumb stick then press a to do a Uair I do a Usmash. When I try to just roll once I do it but the lagg makes things slow to where I do it twice. I can't explain

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
Ugh... I play Wifi too often... a few things that really bug me:

1. Those Zeldas who, at the beginning of the fight, immediately race to the end of the stage and spam the fire ball while you're trying to have a fight with someone

2. Kirby... you know those ones who just camp around all day and do that annoying a** "Hi!" crap... Or those ones who sit at the edge of the stage do the Inhale... like you're supposed to just carelessly go running into it... lol

3. If you're a fellow Wolf main, I'm sure it really urks you when you encounter those Wolves... you know, the ones who always spam forward smash (Seriously, stop making Wolf look like an idiot...).

4. People who play with ITEMS

5. When you think you're about to get a legit 1v1 fight... but then the CPU's join in... XD (Is there a way to shut that off??)

6. One of the things I hate the most is when I kick someones a** with Wolf... and then the next match they switch to Fox or Falco, like that's REALLY going to change anything lol. It's annoying... makes no difference who you use, if you suck, you're still gonna get owned.

There's other stuff, can't think of it right now (I'm sleepy... XD)

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
What do you dislike about the Smashers who goes to Wifi?

Mine are right here↓↓↓↓

1.Taunt Party Tards - Really? Do people really go on wifi just to Smash the taunt button(s) and attack the player who wants to play the game legitimately? *faceplam*

2.People who pick the same character as you,all because you kept winning - If only i had a dollar for everytime i see this online. :metaknight: Metaknight anyone? lol

3.People who get serious when you KO them in a Sudden Death and then in the next match they chase you around the whole stage - Why so serious? *facepalm*

4.People who goes on wifi even when they know that their connection is crappy

5. The coward(s) that pick Temple and run away.
1. If you don't like Taunt Parties, quit, simple as that. And you clearly haven't been to enough Taunt Parties, since there not all about taunting.

2. I agree with this, this pisses me off. =P

3. I don't mind this so much, it only bothers me when the player just does stupid stuff like spamming. One time, a person picked Meta Knight to try to beat me, I was Snake, SNAKE, A character I fail with. And I beat him. =P

4. Invalid. People can't change how there Wi-Fi works, well... maybe if they get closer. =P

5. no u

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
You know, I had a feeling casuals didn't enjoy playing Basic Brawl either.

Great job Sakurai

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Only a couple things really bother me online.

1. People who repeatedly kill AFK players just to up their score. I tend to do what I can to keep people away from the AFKers.

2. People that try to "Taunt Party" in Team Battle. Save it for Basic Brawl. I have nothing against Taunt Parties, just not in Team Battle.

3. Pikas that think as follows: "Thunder! Yay I hit someone. Thunder! Oh no, I didn't hit anyone that time... THUNDER! Uh oh, I got punished. How should I react? THUNDER!" It makes me sad to play the same character as them. :urg:

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
Only a couple things really bother me online.

1. People who repeatedly kill AFK players just to up their score. I tend to do what I can to keep people away from the AFKers.

2. People that try to "Taunt Party" in Team Battle. Save it for Basic Brawl. I have nothing against Taunt Parties, just not in Team Battle.

3. Pikas that think as follows: "Thunder! Yay I hit someone. Thunder! Oh no, I didn't hit anyone that time... THUNDER! Uh oh, I got punished. How should I react? THUNDER!" It makes me sad to play the same character as them. :urg:
1. I do this to. If i notice someone isn't moving on the stage I'll grab em and hit em a few times... just to see what they do. Then I realize they're AFK and I go for someone else. And I try to keep the other lame a**es from killing them to get "free points"

2. Haven't experienced this

3. Yea... I see those ALOT. It's because that move is so awesome... lol. If I was some idiot who didn't know how to play I'd probably spam that move too lol. It embarrasses me when I see the typical fsmash spamming Wolfs... god that sht really pisses me off. Whenever I see a Wolf doing that I immediately beat the crap out of him

Derressh

Smash Cadet
1. I do this to. If i notice someone isn't moving on the stage I'll grab em and hit em a few times... just to see what they do. Then I realize they're AFK and I go for someone else. And I try to keep the other lame a**es from killing them to get "free points"
The sad part is, the night after I wrote that, I spawned into a room with a bowser player and 2 afkers on Temple. The bowser was so focused on killing the afk people that I got several kills on him that I probably shouldn't have.

I won and left that room after that match, and went looking for another group. I ended up landing back into the same group this time on Bridge of Eldin. Bowser's leet "throw afk people off of the walkoff" strategy was too good. :urg:

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
The sad part is, the night after I wrote that, I spawned into a room with a bowser player and 2 afkers on Temple. The bowser was so focused on killing the afk people that I got several kills on him that I probably shouldn't have.

I won and left that room after that match, and went looking for another group. I ended up landing back into the same group this time on Bridge of Eldin. Bowser's leet "throw afk people off of the walkoff" strategy was too good. :urg:

Yea some gamers are just gay and have no sense of sportsmanship... I honestly believe that some of those people we encounter online are just kids...

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
There is but one thing that I hate about people on wi-fi, and it's usually done in basic brawl: everyone picks the character who won the last match T.T. It's anooying, i wibn with ike, two ikes show up, i win with meta, 4 meta ditto, i win with bowser.......i win with snake, 2 snakes and so on and so forth, it's annoying.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I normally don't have a problem with people picking the same character as you. What irritates me are the people who keep getting killed 4 or 5 times in a 2-minute match and don't change characters. It's like they think they'll magically become good by way of finding "1000 ways to die" method lol

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I normally don't have a problem with people picking the same character as you. What irritates me are the people who keep getting killed 4 or 5 times in a 2-minute match and don't change characters. It's like they think they'll magically become good by way of finding "1000 ways to die" method lol
I can understand this mindset, though. It's possible that they're already using their best character, and they're simply not as good as you are. And they know that changing to a character they're not as good at will only hurt them more.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I can understand this mindset, though. It's possible that they're already using their best character, and they're simply not as good as you are. And they know that changing to a character they're not as good at will only hurt them more.
Yeah i know i do kinda feel bad for them if they're new to the game, b/c i was in a similar situation before (but i wasn't hella-bad). Actually, when I get teamed up with someone who's noticeably less talented than the others, i step up my game trying to go "1 on 2" in hopes of giving the newb some confidence in seeing his char in the winners circle :bee:

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
What irritates me are the people who keep getting killed 4 or 5 times in a 2-minute match and don't change characters. It's like they think they'll magically become good by way of finding "1000 ways to die" method lol
I did this about a year ago to improve the way I played. Sometimes I still do it with Snake, because I'm terrible with him. And I digress, I'd rather create my own strategies than copy the current best.

On the topic of things that annoy me, people whom pick Toon Link and spam his A-Down, even though I was only hit once in the 2-minute match, and I was Bowser. Afk-killers have been discussed. People whom say "no items";) I prefer them on low. Oh yes, and the people whom pick FlatZone 2 and just stand next to the edge and grab for OH-KO's. Fiery hatred for them. Y'know, I could just keep going, I say we create a frickin' list.

*Edit* Players whom quit after one match. I'm bad with a few characters, get one at random, happen to lose, they leave. It's hilarious.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
[...]I say we create a frickin' list.
It's a nice idea, though certain opinions would clash, like the people who hate Taunt Parties, and the people who enjoy them.

We could do it just on player behavior (spammers, afkillers, etc. Pretty sure those are hated by near everyone)

Also, to add to my list of things I hate:

People who don't seem to realize that the A button exists.
People who lose, and rage-switch to MK and just spam his Tornado the whole match.
People who spam the Down+A attacks that shoot them down (Though these are fun because I just thunder them when they get above me)
Bridge of Eldin (Especially combined with an afkiller)
People that don't seem to know anything about the character they chose (had a D3 suicide twice for doing his up+b off the stage)
People that don't know there's a shield button (It also helps you do something magical called dodging)
People with major spacing issues (Me and a C.Falcon in Sudden death. I don't move at all. He runs up to me and fsmashes, and whiffs it. I dtilt him for the kill)
People who put Smash Balls, Assist Trophies, HotHeads, Soccer Balls, Smart Bombs and Pokeballs on high because they can't kill you otherwise.

Top Bottom