• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
lol how will you grab if you have a banana, sideB? too slow
also you cant do ANYTHING against landing fair to upB, not even if you powershield. marth is just really stupid, you always have to predict or dont do anything to stay save.
if he does this, wait for the up b and punish the landing lag

Luigi player

Smash Master
if he does this, wait for the up b and punish the landing lag
I know, that's why I said you have to predict it. He can of course grab too so you cant just stay in shield or spotdodge. If Marth get's a hit on you Diddy is always in really big trouble, if Diddy hits Marth Marth gets hit and then they're neutral again... Diddy is such a bad character :urg:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
He's in as much trouble as you are. If he up bs and you shield, you get a free punish. If he decides not to up b, you get a free grab. Just be smart. Chances are he won't up b at lower percentages since it would be easier for you to punish him for it.

Vega4

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5b24KXGMg&feature=plcp

maybe that helps on a quick view of the MU.

generally if the pit camps hard on the ledge it's REALLY annoying and even if you get a lead early you will have really big trouble KOing him if he just stays on ledges all day and shoots arrows to build up your % too. frustrating
if he doesnt camp like that he should be easy imo
Nice set, breaking point was at 22:42, guess why...
Pit metagame is so boring :S

Anybody knows if ADHD or Gnes are going to be in some of the tournaments in june??

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
He's in as much trouble as you are. If he up bs and you shield, you get a free punish. If he decides not to up b, you get a free grab. Just be smart. Chances are he won't up b at lower percentages since it would be easier for you to punish him for it.
What he said.
And what luigi player said.
I try to fair him before he fairs me cuz I'm bad.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Get stuck in a car for 8 hours a day for a week and you will go to other character boards too.

Good thing I have an unlimited data plan :awesome:

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Like.. The 3rd :/ when they said that I died inside a little. Just text me though, this isn't the place for chatting. But seriously, wifi works wonders.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
Gamertag: Diddy is Cheap
---Region: Don't worry about it.
Favorite Default Diddy Color: They are all broken
Favorite Stage: Which ever one makes diddy the worst.
Other Info: I think Diddy Kong is cheap.
it seems that someone is a little bit mad that diddy kong is good. well all characters are good if you know how to use them. for example stevo he mains DK and mario they arent top tier like diddy and he beats the best pit in america and ive played against kiraflax(best pit in US) he is really good and so is stevo just watch this im not sure if this was friendlies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4dmxcmkyo
:diddy:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
it seems that someone is a little bit mad that diddy kong is good. well all characters are good if you know how to use them. for example stevo he mains DK and mario they arent top tier like diddy and he beats the best pit in america and ive played against kiraflax(best pit in US) he is really good and so is stevo just watch this im not sure if this was friendlies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4dmxcmkyo
:diddy:
I have nothing wrong with characters being good. MK and snake are good but not cheap. DIDDY IS CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Yes, because an extremely technical character, and one of the hardest to learn is cheap.
But MK obviously isn't cheap, you know, being the easiest character to learn and all.
Seems legit.

But yeah, it sucks to lose to a Diddy Kong player, it's frustrating as all hell.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yes, because an extremely technical character, and one of the hardest to learn is cheap.
But MK obviously isn't cheap, you know, being the easiest character to learn and all.
Seems legit.

But yeah, it sucks to lose to a Diddy Kong player, it's frustrating as all hell.
No MK is harder to learn than olimar. MK might be 2nd though.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
No MK is harder to learn than olimar. MK might be 2nd though.
............. ummm diddy is a pain in the *** to learn how to play. and olimar is easy to play and mk u spend 1 day to learn how to play him so its not that hard.
:metaknight: difficulty< :diddy: difficulty

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how you guys forget :dedede: in a conversation about the easiest characters to learn :I

grab button too strong :pichu:

vato_break

Smash Master
AZ isn't very good. The whole state lost to the Jebus, not that jebus is bad or anything just that..if they can't beat jebus they are like... SoCal C team level XD

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I would assume though that most top level non MK players would also have pretty good MKs too by default.

:phone:

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
Oh my god it's like we traveled back in time to the game's release with these conversations

Welcome to 2012 guys, we've been here awhile
no its because this freakin kid complains about diddy kong and he is just a sore loser and cant face the facts that he lost to a diddy kong

Ruinn

Smash Ace
a wifi mk can be trained in a day, but an actual skilled mk takes time like any other characters, dont fool yourselves.

diddy itself doesnt take long to play, it's learning his item game. that can take forever and encounting. Learning how to use diddy's bananas is what makes diddy very technical and very good.

my thoughts anyway. :088:

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
AZ isn't very good. The whole state lost to the Jebus, not that jebus is bad or anything just that..if they can't beat jebus they are like... SoCal C team level XD
Which tournament was this? I tried to find it and didn't have any luck.
Also, KiraFlax, SillyKyle, Stevo, Yummy, and K9 are all pretty good. I mean yeah the AZ scene isn't too large, but it isn't free like Wyoming (just saying there because I'm in a hotel there now haha)

vato_break

Smash Master
jebus beat darkilink in amm when he came to CA. he also beat k9 at the last tournament in a mm and he beat kiraflax in tournament. He's just too good!!!

actually AZ isn't bad at all, the jebus is just really good.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
a wifi mk can be trained in a day, but an actual skilled mk takes time like any other characters, dont fool yourselves.

diddy itself doesnt take long to play, it's learning his item game. that can take forever and encounting. Learning how to use diddy's bananas is what makes diddy very technical and very good.

my thoughts anyway. :088:
IMO a lot of time goes into learning how to control space and not using naners as projectiles only, but also as traps.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
How is diddy technical? He glide tosses which almost everyone does... insta throw same...b reverseal...pivot grab....I think I just listed anything you need to be a good diddy and almost any char can do those things and most don't take skill to learn

The infinites do though but that's the only thing that makes him hard to learn

Vega4

Smash Ace
How is diddy technical? He glide tosses which almost everyone does... insta throw same...b reverseal...pivot grab....I think I just listed anything you need to be a good diddy and almost any char can do those things and most don't take skill to learn

The infinites do though but that's the only thing that makes him hard to learn
It's just like Schwa said, playing Diddy in a non auto-pilot but at the same time fast and efficient way takes just to much time, I don't know if the right word is technical, but you can be sure is way harder than other characters like MK, Snake, Olimar, Martha (fair princess),...

But Diddy is as fun as hard, so he is worth it.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
diddy kong is hard because you have so many AT's and glitches to know about.
That and you need to concentrate yourself really long and good as well.
Diddy takes time because you need to learn all his AT's(I did that at least)
then you also need to know how to use them. And I didn't even speak about his banana game lol.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What is so hard about throwing a banana and punishing people's slip?

Top Bottom