• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even though I think these character support topics are kind of silly, and the time to speculate on who and what is in the game is a bit early, I decided to get into the feeling and make support for a character who I think has a good chance of being in.

Good ol' Pac Man.

My Reasoning: Namco and Nintendo are like this *crosses fingers*. Not only has Namco been allowed to use Link for SC2 and Mario's Voice in Pac Man vs. (The Game bundled with some Pac-Man Platformer) Namco also had a big hand in the development of the Triforce Arcade system along with Nintendo and Sega. Namco was a big factor for the Mario Kart game for the Arcades, and Pac Man and Blinky were IN the game as selectable racers.

Mind you this is very recent. With the Japanese name of the game and it's meaning pointing towards crossovers with more than Nintendo Mascots, I'm assuming it's a good chance Nintendo is crossing over with more than just Konami, namely Sega, Namco and MAYBE Capcom (Because of Capcom making all the Zelda games on the Game Boy since Oracle of Season, but this is irrellivant.) And don't give me the "Snake was in because they begged" thing because that's just one factor. Perhaps Snake's inclusion is what brought about the crossover idea in the first place.

Thus if Namco is to choose a character, I'm sure they'd go with their Flagship character Pac Man, who has been starring in Classics Collections and Platformers as of late.

Frankly, I think he has a very good chance of being in. They'll probably use his platformer incarnation, not the Arcade looking one.

I'm sure most of the points I've made have been said already, but I noticed no such topic adressing this matter, and a few people speaking of it in the "Character you'd Like to see" topic.

So.... who's up for Pac Man?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about this one, I never really was interested in the 3D Pacman games. Pacman like represents Namco's ol school days and would be good for the gaming nostalgia, but I personally do not like his 3D incarnation.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
I support this thread. Namco and Nintendo have been buddy-buddy for a while now. If there are other third parties involved in Brawl, I would put my money on Namco. Who better to represent Namco than Pac Man?

Although I couldn't imagine how he'd fight, they made Captain Falcon a unique moveset, so they can probably do the same for Pac Man.

Sorry for not contributing much...eh.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I made the Pac-man connection as well when Snake was announced. I have NO idea as to what his moveset would be, but I think it would be a neat inclusion. I mean, Mario is oldschool, but Pac-man... that is way ****in oldschool, and it would be good to have so many game icons spanning the generations in the same game.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well...i bought PacMan World 2. (only for the AWESOME multiplayer Pacman Vs. bonus disc, which i demand everyone play)

..and i've sucumb enough patience to actually beat the **** game.

Pacman has a aerial-drop-bounce move that could be used.(basically identical to sonic's bounce)

he also can autopilot into a trail of pellets(another sonic rip-off. identical to his "Light-Dash")

he can also run in place, building up energy, then shoot forward in rolling ball-form
(SONIC AGAIN!?!?!)

and his non-environmental move is a aerial flip kick.

outside that, he can hang on edges, bounce on trampoline platforms(3rd jump?..if not "light dash") :/

his super could be that he eats a PowerPellet, and chomps through the oponent in multiple passing directions, seeming to fade in and out of space, as the oponent is frozen in place.

it'd be funny if the pacman fruit made an appearance in the next smash's Bonus-mode. they'd be worth an appropriate amount of points too. hah.

Personally, I would much rather sonic than pacman.
IF both were in the game, Pacman would have all of sonic's best moves, so either sonic would have similar are have to use his next line of moves(possibly have to resort back to Sonic3's abilities)
So, i guess, actually...it would'nt be so bad if he was in the game.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I am all for Pacman but all he does is walk and eat the little bally things what could he do? Ahh well I'm sure that Nintendo can make a moveset for him (mainly revovling around the ghosts and little balls proberly) His Brawl attack could be that big ball and he could eat the other characters on the screen like the ghosts in pacman

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about a slingshot move like in Pac-in-time or Pacman: the new adventures? His super move should involve a giant pellet.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i don't have much to add, but i just want to throw my hat in here as a pac-man supporter.

i've played almost every pac-man game, and i have to say that these days his moveset has evolved to the point where he could make an excellent character.

and as the grand-daddy of all mascots, he should definately be in smash as the Namco rep.

and by the by, any kind of chomp-esque grab move should be the most powerful grab and chew in the game. ;)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I support Pac-Man. Namco and Nintendo are buddy-buddy and as you said, if they have a character in, it'll be Pac-Man.

I'd imagine his moveset having atleast two eating moves, seeing as that's what Pac-Man does.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man. Think of the Pacman stage. A giant 2.5D maze with KO points at the bottom and sides only, and then only through the holes Pacman and the ghosts run through.. You would last forever.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pac-Man would rule. Especially if Sonic were also in (since Nintendo and Sega are also relatively buddy-buddy, although not as much as Namco is). Then, we could Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic and... uhhh... Donkey Kong/Link/Pikachu/Kirby (pick whoever you think is the second most famous Nintendo character) in a fight to finally settle who is the greatest Video Game Character of all time!

And his alternate color/costume could be Miss Pacman ;)

Sure, it might be hard to come up with a Moveset, but that's not that large a obstacle.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
How does he not fit? Pac Man is a very important mascot character on a company with a good recent history of being buddies with Nintendo.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Eh....Pac-man only ever had one good game and then made a bunch of spin-offs on the same formula. Once they got rid of that formula though...it was all just crap. Pacman 2, the New Adventures was okay for kids, but Pac-man, in my opinion is way past his prime.

Although, considering Nintendo's new slogan "For...those who used to play..." Pac-man might make sense.

Still, I don't see any possibility for a moveset and don't think one game that was good in it's time [but not so good now] warrants him the respect to be in Brawl.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think that Pac-Man would work very well as a character in Smash. He just isn't the platformer type. The Power Pellets should be in there as an item, though! As soon as you get it, everyone else turns blue and if you hit them... you eat them? I dunno, it sounded like a good idea in my head >_> <_<

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not the respect, it's him being Namco's big mascot. As I said, he was in the Mario Kart Arcade game. And the first part of your post is word for word something you said somewhere else.

Edit: Snake isn't a platform character either. Oh, how about those Pokemon characters.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Top Prospect said:
Aww Pete, that's just wrong! But...can't say...the statement is...false...

...ok he's right.
Well, its actually incredibly easy for me to come up with a moveset for the L-sB for some reason, so the statement means naught. But others think its hard for me, so it still works :p.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
lol. I think Plomid had somthing with the thought of a Pac Man maze, unless Fox or Sheik is involved, then that's just wrong. I can see people taunting now..."Tee hee, you can't catch me!" Then you get over there and they run out to the side just to appear on the other side, leaving the opponent crying and farting at the same time.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Pac-Man is the only character in the history of video games who is as big(or maybe even bigger) as Mario.

Namco is one of the most likely 3rd party companies to have characters in SSBB, & if anybody from Namco gets in Pac-Man will.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
freeman123 said:
Pac-Man is the only character in the history of video games who is as big(or maybe even bigger) as Mario.

Namco is one of the most likely 3rd party companies to have characters in SSBB, & if anybody from Namco gets in Pac-Man will.
That's like having Lakitu as a character. What would he do, fly around and throw different kinds of spinys on you? All Pac Man would do is go "Wakka wakka wakka wakka", opening and closing his mouth even when walking and eat people. That's all he'd be able to do.

Ouh, I know, Sandbag for a new character! He could run around and jump on people's heads. How 'bout one of the Pokémon trainers? They'd run around and do nothing but throw Pokéballs at you.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pete278 said:
I can think of attacks easier for the L-Shaped block from Tetris then this guy. That really isn't a good sign.

I an come up with a moveset for Pac-Man.

B: Slingshot (Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures)
B-Side: Becomes like his "classic" (i.e. Arcade) form and starts to go "wakka,wakka,wakka" in one direction for a time while chomping anyone in his path.
B-up: Butt Bounce
B-Down: Powerpellet punch

Okay, so it's not perfect, but....

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
What about his A moves? He's essentially a limbless ball (sometimes he's got limbs though).
He could use those hands and such he has in some of the 3d Platforming games.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yuna said:
What about his A moves? He's essentially a limbless ball (sometimes he's got limbs though).
Pac-Man was given arms, legs, hands and feet some time ago.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
People...Why are you trying to settle for lame characters like Pac-Man and Ribbon?(No I didn't kno who that was either) If you are going to suggest a character for ssbb make sure you pick a GOOD one who actually makes sense. What is Pac-Man going to do? Eat you the entire time? Terrible idea and please put more thought into your threads instead of just throwing bad ideas out there.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Marshigio said:
People...Why are you trying to settle for lame characters like Pac-Man and Ribbon?(No I didn't kno who that was either) If you are going to suggest a character for ssbb make sure you pick a GOOD one who actually makes sense. What is Pac-Man going to do? Eat you the entire time? Terrible idea and please put more thought into your threads instead of just throwing bad ideas out there.
Please put more thought into your replies instead of saying what has been said by others.

Top Bottom