• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Three different iterations of the same character, plus one being a transformation of the exact same character (TP Link). I don't even know where you went from Diddy to Bowser Jr.

Luthien

Smash Ace

Three different iterations of the same character, plus one being a transformation of the exact same character (TP Link).
I definitely agree with you there. Two Links is acceptable. Three is pushing it... at any rate, I'd like to see just Midna for no other reason than personal preference.

I don't even know where you went from Diddy to Bowser Jr.
...what? I haven't seen those two mentioned here. I must just not get it. Please explain.

No, two Links are certainly acceptable. TP Link does not represent all Zeldas well, because in Japan, he's certainly not the most popular design, and his game wasn't the most popular by a long shot.

TWW Link's design has been used more than any other design in the series' history, bar none.

Yitik

Smash Cadet
Well, first of all, hi^^

"Wolf Link = no because 1) There's already a Link. Let's be original here. 2) One character would overshadow the other. It's a given. 3) I just...don't like the idea of playing two characters at once. Plus playing something large and quadrupedal would be awkward. Seems to me Brawl already has enough awkwardness."

1) well... isnt Wolf link an original too? than there will may be a WW link, but that is o.k. right?

I don't want WW Link at all. Nintendo's got tons of great characters...why do they need to take different variations of the SAME CHARACTER? Makes no sense to me :( .
2) than you need to be againts the WW link :chuckle:

Yup.

3) thats your personal thoughts, fine with that^^ I like the idea of having 2 in 1, i also like the Ice Climbers, because they can kick *** when you know how to play them well^^

Think, though: these two together would have to be BIG. If they weren't, they'd look incredibly unproportioned. Try taking a Super Metroid sprite of Samus with and a profile shot of Midna riding Wolf Link, and using Paint or something make them the same size. It looks goofy :p . I'd be fine if Midna was in with Wolf Link, but I'd much rather she was in on her own. She's perfectly capable of fighting solo.

"Well, no Wolf Link more for the reason that WW Link's already going to be in."

thats a great reason.
Than how about that, We allready have Fox, so we dont need Falco. We allready have Diddy Kong, so why Bowser jr.? We have allready 1 stage , so why do we even toture ourselfes with alot others?
i know, i OVER ACTED a bit.

Just with the stage part ;) . Clones ftl. Bowser Jr. and Diddy are quite different, but I do agree with the Falco and Fox bit; they use similar weaponry, technology, martial arts, so why do they both need to be in? Ah well. That's up to the Fox/Falco fans.

We dont now if she and he will be there, so those "stupid" reasons can go straigh to hell :p
Zelda is one of the Big Names Nintedo have, so why not 5 characters(im not counting shiek :p)?

Four ;) . You know who I'm omitting.

Also the chance that Wolf+midna will be there arent that low, since Midna is pretty famous and up-to-date.

As I said somewhere else, Midna's popularity has proved that perpetual motion does exist. Even though Nintendo hasn't even mentioned her in an interview for over a year, her popularity's still growing. Yes, I realize that this happens with games all the time, but with single characters? Usually peoples' fandom dies out after a while, rather than growing, when it comes to one part of the plot of one part of a series.

We dont know, in fact, we know nothing about Midna+wolf WILL be there or WONt be there.
With other words: Stop acting like you know how its end :p
Debating's fun as long as you support your end with evidence, which reminds me...sorry I haven't been around for a while, in case anyone missed me (y-eah, lol).

QuJee

Smash Rookie
As I said somewhere else, Midna's popularity has proved that perpetual motion does exist. Even though Nintendo hasn't even mentioned her in an interview for over a year, her popularity's still growing. Yes, I realize that this happens with games all the time, but with single characters? Usually peoples' fandom dies out after a while, rather than growing, when it comes to one part of the plot of one part of a series.
Its fun to see that just ONE charakter is having such popularity with only ONE game!
Its maybe because Nintendo realy put effort into the "Midna" character, which can be seen.
I never saw such a great animated character in a game (my personal view, besides i almost only play nintendo).
Also Midna isnt the Hero of the game. Which also twist alot of things^^
(PS: in germany there are many midna fans... ^^ im one of them lol )
(sry off topic)

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
Have Midna herself, and then maybe have her on Wolflink as a transformation (like Zelda and Sheik). Midna needs to have her own character, but it would also be cool to have her riding around on Wolflink's back.

painseeker

Smash Cadet
Personally I would like to see midna by herself but thats just my opinion.I would post a moveset but typing on a psp is hell

Sakurai would put WW Link in because he's more popular in Japan, and is an extremely common design, the most common design for Link in the series' history.

TP Link does not adequately represent all of Zelda.

QuJee

Smash Rookie
No he doesnt, he has Brown hair, and other stuff.
In A Link to the Past link also have pink hair, so...

That WW link is in Smasn bro Brawl is pretty obvious. But Wolf link + Midna (well, i also like Midna herself, but lets face it, the move set than is pretty... low...) is a new, original charakter, wich would be interesting to see.
Lets compare them.
Link and WW Link: Both are human, both fight with a sword, both wear green, both can have smiliar attacks...

Link and Wolf Link + Midna : One is human, the other a wolf and a twili, the one fight with the sword, the other bite and use magic, Link wears a gren tunic, Wolf link wears some black/grey hair and has a midna on the back. The fighting style would be COMPLETLY differend!

It would be something new, if Midna+Wolf link would be there :)
And why a second Link? isnt one guy from Zelda with a Master sword enough? nope , it isnt. so they put a """"clone"""" in. Same thing with Lucas and Ness lol.

626key

Smash Journeyman
No he doesnt, he has Brown hair, and other stuff.
In A Link to the Past link also have pink hair, so...

That WW link is in Smasn bro Brawl is pretty obvious. But Wolf link + Midna (well, i also like Midna herself, but lets face it, the move set than is pretty... low...) is a new, original charakter, wich would be interesting to see.
Lets compare them.
Link and WW Link: Both are human, both fight with a sword, both wear green, both can have smiliar attacks...

Link and Wolf Link + Midna : One is human, the other a wolf and a twili, the one fight with the sword, the other bite and use magic, Link wears a gren tunic, Wolf link wears some black/grey hair and has a midna on the back. The fighting style would be COMPLETLY differend!

It would be something new, if Midna+Wolf link would be there :)
And why a second Link? isnt one guy from Zelda with a Master sword enough? nope , it isnt. so they put a """"clone"""" in. Same thing with Lucas and Ness lol.
not that I hate ness, but he is way to close to lucas; ether they compleatly redid his move set, or that leak was bunk

WW Link uses the Wind Waker, Hurricane Slash, Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, Grappling Hook, Bombchu, Shovel, Fire Rod, Pegasus Boots, etc.

That's unique enough.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
PS: in germany there are many midna fans... ^^ im one of them lol
So we're two already ;).

I can only second that Midna is the most awesome character I've seen yet. Let's just hope Nintendo doesn't forget about her completely. I mean, freakin' Tingle got his own game, so she deserves at least another appearance, if not a role as a main character.

As for the Wolf + Midna vs. Midna solo debate, either seems possible to me. The moveset would probably be easier to make up if the wolf was in, since he's doing some actual fighting in TP, but as we've seen with many characters in Melee (i.e. Yoshi, Kirby, Peach, Zelda), they don't seem to have a problem making up a moveset that doesn't have much in common with what the characters have done in their original game. Same goes for those arguing that Midna solo would be too floaty/move too slow, they can change the behavior to whatever they see fit, the character is just a 3D model, nothing more. On the other hand, the wolf would add a completely unique fighting experience to the character and it seems that they like the idea of a more diverse roster (Pokémon Trainer, Capt. Olimar).

So it seems to me that both are possible, only time will tell. I'm gonna be happy either way, although she might steal the show from my Yoshi ;).

QuJee

Smash Rookie
So we're two already ;).

Im not alone!!! =D

I can only second that Midna is the most awesome character I've seen yet. Let's just hope Nintendo doesn't forget about her completely. I mean, freakin' Tingle got his own game, so she deserves at least another appearance, if not a role as a main character.

I hate Tingel! hes just a annyoing character! Hes so useless... but thats my point of view. That Nintendo maybe forget about her can happen, but it dont need to be. Nintendo sometimes answers to the I-net peoples to make the fans happy. They maybe allready saw, that Midna has a huge fan base. and... btw... i played the Tingel game from a friend... this game is just for 9 year olds ;P

As for the Wolf + Midna vs. Midna solo debate, either seems possible to me. The moveset would probably be easier to make up if the wolf was in, since he's doing some actual fighting in TP, but as we've seen with many characters in Melee (i.e. Yoshi, Kirby, Peach, Zelda), they don't seem to have a problem making up a moveset that doesn't have much in common with what the characters have done in their original game. Same goes for those arguing that Midna solo would be too floaty/move too slow, they can change the behavior to whatever they see fit, the character is just a 3D model, nothing more. On the other hand, the wolf would add a completely unique fighting experience to the character and it seems that they like the idea of a more diverse roster (Pokémon Trainer, Capt. Olimar).

Well, half right. Yoshi, Kirby, Peach and Zelda(not counting shiek) got they attacks from games in the past.(Mario Bros 2, Kirby dream Land 2, Yoshis Island, Mario Golf/Tennis/etc, stolen magic from link in OoT( :p ) ).
Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Shiek and some others needed a move set thats completly new. The chances that Midna is alone are lower, than Midna riding on a wolf, because of the reason you said already.
With the unique fighting experience... well, if she and he is in the game, than this would be a mix between Ice Climbers(Maybe they can use 2 attacks in one), Bowser(Bite, slice, etc), some magic(midna onry ;P ) and something very new. this sound kinda wierd... in fact, your right. And if the charakter is slow, who cares? Midna can be VERY strong! Just compare this theme with bowser ;P.

So it seems to me that both are possible, only time will tell. I'm gonna be happy either way, although she might steal the show from my Yoshi ;).

Only time OR a misstake in a video ... XD
I would be happy with alot other zelda chars, but useless "clone" chars dont need to be there. its just a try to run away. Nintendo HAS alot of other great character ideas, but they rather pick clones, because they are easier to make, since the idea of this char are allready in the game.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm a Tingle hater, too. The guy's just useless if you ask me. I guess he's popular in Japan or something, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten his own game.

But Nintendo would be pretty blind to overlook Midna's popularity. They've even been explicitly asked to bring her back in an interview by an editor from IGN or some other major gaming news site.

Well, what I meant was that Yoshi, Kirby, Peach and Zelda had a lot added to the moves from their original games, for example, Yoshi only uses his tongue, egg throw and hip-drop in the original games, everything else was added. In a similar fashion, they could use a few of the moves that Midna actually does in TP (force field, throw heavy stuff at enemies) and make up the rest. Also, Final Smash is a no-brainer ;). But as being said, I'd be happy either way.

For the clones, I agree with you. Nintendo is the single video game company on the market that has enough characters from independent franchises to make a fighting game with them. I'd be a real waste to not take as many different characters as possible. Of course there are different types of clones. For example, Luigi started out as a different outfit for Mario, but by now, he's got his unique style and even though his attacks are somewhat similar (which could be corrected with a little effort), he deserves to be in. But we certainly don't need Pikachu and Pichu with exactly the same attacks, I think one is definitely enough here.

Kips

Smash Ace
Midna seems like a very interesting character to put into Brawl. My only question is- How would she and Wolflink function off the stage? Would they be like the Ice Climbers where Midna can be demounted but can get back on, increasing her Speed and Damage while augumenting her combo skills? Or would they be treated as one character?

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Hmm, how would they get separated in the first place? The only way I could think of that happening would be when they fall off a ledge, the wolf dies and she flies back up. But I think that'd look really weird... I guess they'd be one character.

QuJee

Smash Rookie
(for some reasons my post cant be seen so, im posting this again... if this will late get a double post, than sry)

in three days, the game will come out in japan... if someone know than a list with all characters (pictures) can he/she send me a message with a link to it pleas? thanx.

TOPIC: ôo would look REALY awkward than if this char is like the Ice Climbers...
Besides... come to think of it... try to imagine how this char would look if he+she gets hit...?
i cant... and isnt midna+wolf a lil bit big...? ow.... i hope they dont have problems with those things(if they made this char^^)

Top Bottom