• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So today I wanted to share something from @PushDustIn of Source Gaming. A few days ago I was given a list that he compiled using various requests across the internet and logibility. I finished the list, which compiled the most likely characters for Smash DLC. So without further ado, here's the list.

Pre-ballot:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

Post-ballot:
Dixie Kong
Waddle Dee (aka: Bandana Dee)
Professor Layton
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) (Second SEGA rep)

These results are obviously unexpected, so if there are any questions or thoughts feel free to share.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So today I wanted to share something from @PushDustIn of Source Gaming. A few days ago I was given a list that he compiled using various requests across the internet and logibility. I finished the list, which compiled the most likely characters for Smash DLC. So without further ado, here's the list.

Pre-ballot:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

Post-ballot:
Dixie Kong
Professor Layton

These results are obviously unexpected, so if there are any questions or thoughts feel free to share.
I....can accept these choices. Too bad that there's no Shantae though...:urg:

Spatman

Smash Ace

Pre-ballot:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

Post-ballot:
Dixie Kong
Professor Layton

Shovel Knight so high pre-ballot is surprising to me. ALL the post ballot is truly astonishing! No K Rool? so this survey counts only the period after k rool's outfit release?
but I don't think the outfit means necessarily the character won't be in, so...

Spatman

Smash Ace
I....can accept these choices. Too bad that there's no Shantae though...:urg:
I like only Dixie from that list. She seems to me the more probable out these 4

sorry for the double post! stupid bad connection! >_<

Last edited:
Hopefully it will at least be a really nice piece at least. If it's as good as bomberman I would be super hype. As for the timing it probably wouldnt have been that many votes anyway. Not as many as Shovel Knight, Banjo, and of course Rayman were. Smashified has been on a bit of a decline lately after the long wait for Isaac.

Plus it means no Kumatora as much as I love her

Spatman

Smash Ace
To be fair, I really don't think it would've changed much anyway
me neither
but some few more voter, maybe...

a quote from Krystal's thread:

Alright, so I did some thinking and realized we've been given 4 male DLC characters thus far. Would it be safe to assume that Sakurai could possibly reveal a female character next as DLC? It kinda makes sense to me because we haven't had a new female character as DLC yet.
interesting... it could be applicable to Dixie too

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thank you SethTheMage SethTheMage for updating the OP. I like the look of the spoiler tags even more now.

Shovel Knight so high pre-ballot is surprising to me. ALL the post ballot is truly astonishing! No K Rool? so this survey counts only the period after k rool's outfit release?
but I don't think the outfit means necessarily the character won't be in, so...
I gotta admit I'm surprised about K.Rool too. His star power is massive...did the Mii costume really affect his likelihood in the eyes of so many? Strange...

https://twitter.com/Thanael_Platier/status/647260607373250561
Dixie is definitely getting smashified next week.
This is great! I'm really looking forward to the look they'll have for her.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It would be hilarious that Dixie gets revealed for Smash as DLC and the Smashified crew has the scrap the whole project.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't know how much it means right now, but my brother's a big Dixie supporter and he'd be keen to get on the supporters list.

Tack on @Formaldehyde if that's okay~

Spatman

Smash Ace
reading again the OP makes me thinking that Dixie really deserves to be included in Smash, and she has the right stuff to be in. Yes, of course she isn't the only missing character with these characteristics, but she is definitely one of the most important, historic and iconic ones

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
yes, but now it's too late... 3 october is too near, there isn't the time to gain visibility for Dixie throught this Smashified
I don't really think those smashfied pictures really helps gaining visibility that much. Plus, I think Dixie already has a ton of visibility, especially after her return in Tropical Freeze, so those who didn't vote for her yet probably just don't want her in the game... which is unfortunate, but understandable.

Anyways... go Dixie!

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Smashified just twitted this out and said it should be out Wednesday if all goes as planned. I'm excited to see how it turns out, plus it'll make a nice wallpaper.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Smashified just twitted this out and said it should be out Wednesday if all goes as planned. I'm excited to see how it turns out, plus it'll make a nice wallpaper.

it will be a troll, I'm sure! XD

jk

I hope it's the Dix, but couldn't you also see that being DK Jr. or another Kong altogether?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They already said this one was female. That leaves options at...Dixie, Tiny, Candy, and Wrinkly.
Wrinkly and Candy have no blue so that just leaves Dixie and Tiny, plus candy and wrinkly's mouths doesn't look anything like that. If it were Tiny though you'd be able to see her earrings. Yup, without a doubt it's dixie

Last edited:

Reds94

Smash Cadet
It could be Tiny as a big ruse which the blue hint would support but I don't think they'd do Tiny since I don't think she really has a big following. But hey you never know, maybe Oni or someone is a big Tiny fan.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It could be Tiny as a big ruse which the blue hint would support but I don't think they'd do Tiny since I don't think she really has a big following. But hey you never know, maybe Oni or someone is a big Tiny fan.
You'd be able to see the earrings if it was Tiny though, unless they were gonna use the classic design which would be a little weird

Mary H.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1676-4537-1982
The whole blue thing seems to be throwing people off, but Dixie's earrings are blue (or turquoise, but let's not split hairs). Either way, I have no doubt it's her. I like Tiny, but Dixie's always been the more well known of the two. I'm super excited for Wednesday~

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm 100% sure it is Dixie. Don't let the "blue mixed palette" fool you. Thinking about this from the perspective of an artist, In painting (real or digital) you have to mix multiple colors to achieve the amount of realism or believability you are going for. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue he spoke of is the ambient or reflective lighting used on the fur. In my dixie piece I actually used green. Because the fur is a warm color (brown/orange) then a proper reflective color would probably be blue a cool/inverse color to make it pop. In his Banjo piece Sean originally chose blue as the reflective color but decided to go yellow because of how dark the fur was. It seems Sean no longer colors from grey scale since teaming up with the smashified crew. Because he is actually working with full color blue might be a better color to mix.

Spatman

Smash Ace
one of the main reasons many people didn't vote for Dixie, imho, is the hating that Diddy has focused on himself from the game's release.
As a Diddy mainer, I ever considered obnoxious these complaints, and quite silly people who made it (of course a nerf for Diddy was necessary, but the bad reputation he obtained is scandalous). Now that it is one of the possible reasons because of which Dixie probably won't be a DLC character, I hate the hating also more .-.

of course this speech is based on the fact that so many people consider the only possibility for Dixie to be in Smash, to be a Diddy clone. Another stupid idea, but so goes the world...

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
one of the main reasons many people didn't vote for Dixie, imho, is the hating that Diddy has focused on himself from the game's release.
As a Diddy mainer, I ever considered obnoxious these complaints, and quite silly people who made it (of course a nerf for Diddy was necessary, but the bad reputation he obtained is scandalous). Now that it is one of the possible reasons because of which Dixie probably won't be a DLC character, I hate the hating also more .-.

of course this speech is based on the fact that so many people consider the only possibility for Dixie to be in Smash, to be a Diddy clone. Another stupid idea, but so goes the world...
That's so depressing and honest...

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

I wouldn't worry about Diddy's former reputation too much. From what I've seen, most, if not all of the Diddy hate died down after he got nerfed, which was a few months ago. I think it's been long enough that it won't have much of an effect on Dixie's chances. I've found that most of the backlash/disinterest concerning Dixie seems to come from the second point you mentioned; many people believe that she would be at the very least a semi-clone and not very unique/interesting. However, she still seems to be doing pretty well in the ballot despite this.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Whenever people talk about the ballot now a days it seems like everyone considers her a top contender. Hopefully Sakurai sees this and still likes her even if she isn't part of a tag team.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Looks more like baby Dixie than... well, regular Dixie. Still really cute, though.

Not as good as bomberman/Rayman imo but still pretty damn good. A great avi for one day only lost a bet.

I wish it wasnt so much like Diddy though. While artistically the parallel is really neat we have too many diddy clone accusations as is

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yeah it reminds me of how bad Diddy Kong's official artwork is... For official artwork.

Top Bottom