• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
As someone who has been claiming Sephiroth has a chance to get into this Smash Bros. game on the Official Smash Ultimate board, I have to say I'm a supporter. :laugh:
Dude, how did you put the Seph and Tifa icons on your signature?

which version of one winged angel should be in if sephiroth was confirmed?
The orchestral one from Dissidia FF

KMDP

Smash Legend
Dude, how did you put the Seph and Tifa icons on your signature?
I made them myself.

I made all of the icons in my signature, except for the ones I specifically mention as made by someone else (Medusa, Lyn, Celica and Gardevoir).

There's a whole thread full of custom icons.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Sorry m8.
I'm new here and I'm learning how everything works. XD
I have faith in Sephiboi.
The Vergeben list puts him as the most likely candidate. And given the circumstances and logically speaking, I think he may be our S-E DLC!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
As unlikely as i find it, so is every other character I would like in Smash, then Sakurai surprises us… count me in. I would go crazy if Sephiroth actually made it, even tho i don't want to get my hopes up for him.

Edit: I would like to ask you guys… do you think we would really get a second FF VII stage, considering we are getting a stage per DLC character? and if so, which stage?… It's one of the main reasons i'm super doubtful about Sephiroth, sadly… But I still cross my fingers for him.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm surprised people like papagenos papagenos , @Billybae10K haven't tackled the Square List leak by PolarPanda, which you can find at this page on Smashboards

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-360#post-22765053

And this guy and his sources have been checked to have actual sources, and there is proof that Polarpanda does connect to Vergeben. Maybe me or someone else might write a TL;dr version of it

The "who the square rep is" thing has always been talked about with "peoples jobs on the line", and I had actually known about the "list of 7 names" before it was public as I was shown the private message from someone else before PolarPanda went public with it but I was told to keep it confidential, so I did.

Now that it's out I've just been struggling a bit with making a video on it since again its always been looked at as a touchy subject with ramifications if the names trace back to someones job. I suppose I'll make a video now as everything is out anyway, but that is why I havent been touching it yet, just felt off about it a bit.

As for sephiroth I do think hes pretty likely at this point all things said. The toughest thing I think he has going for him is a stage and music coming in along with him as FF is so under represented as it is. It would be very odd to get a second stage and two more songs just to make the series feel somewhat repped... I dunno, just seems odd to space out adding FF stuff (especially the music) that way, when right now it appears square will only hand over the bare minimum with cloud.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The "who the square rep is" thing has always been talked about with "peoples jobs on the line", and I had actually known about the "list of 7 names" before it was public as I was shown the private message from someone else before PolarPanda went public with it but I was told to keep it confidential, so I did.

Now that it's out I've just been struggling a bit with making a video on it since again its always been looked at as a touchy subject with ramifications if the names trace back to someones job. I suppose I'll make a video now as everything is out anyway, but that is why I havent been touching it yet, just felt off about it a bit.

As for sephiroth I do think hes pretty likely at this point all things said. The toughest thing I think he has going for him is a stage and music coming in along with him as FF is so under represented as it is. It would be very odd to get a second stage and two more songs just to make the series feel somewhat repped... I dunno, just seems odd to space out adding FF stuff (especially the music) that way, when right now it appears square will only hand over the bare minimum with cloud.
Concerning the under-representation of FF right now, Remember that the Square-enix content in this game is base game, instead of DLC like how it was in Smash 4, and in other Titles like Soul Caliber and Tekken. I think in the case of if Sephiroth was the Square rep, It probably would be in their best interest to hold him off and more FF content like music for DLC, as dirty of a move it could seem. DLC Profits are higher than base game profits cause the Base game profits are shared among all the Parties involved with the game, where with DLC Square would get a much bigger cut.

And i know that Cloud had the same amount of content he has in Smash 4, but considering the content all the other DLC 3rd Parties got (Ryu only had 6 songs, 2 if you don't count just remixes of the same song, and he only had Ken as a Trophy besides himself) and adding into the fact that Square most likely charges more for their content than say Capcom, along with potentially more factors concerning this, it makes sense.

That's just the gist of it, i guess

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Yeah the Stage and music situation is what actually makes me doubt Sephiroth, sadly… I would LOVE him to be in tho, that would certainly be at the top of shocking reveals with Cloud, I don't think any other SE character would get that high up there. Geno wouldn't be a shock but rather a pleasing addition (in a good way I mean). Just talking about shock value here.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sephiroth is one of gaming's most iconic villains and he would be a very cool and welcome addition to the roster. Count me in as a supporter.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
As unlikely as i find it, so is every other character I would like in Smash, then Sakurai surprises us… count me in. I would go crazy if Sephiroth actually made it, even tho i don't want to get my hopes up for him.

Edit: I would like to ask you guys… do you think we would really get a second FF VII stage, considering we are getting a stage per DLC character? and if so, which stage?… It's one of the main reasons i'm super doubtful about Sephiroth, sadly… But I still cross my fingers for him.
So, I just wanted to make a case for him, to better illustrate some things.

Given how S-E has been through some really rough times over the last few years, given how Cloud is listed as part of the FFVII (not FF) franchise, and how little there is in terms of additional things that he could've bringed with him in the base game, I think this opens up the possibility for the S-E character to be a FFVII character.
The FFVII DLC would bring the rest of the music, which part of the revenue would pay for the cost of the licenses, spirits from the game, and hype up the next S-E character in the game. Basically, the DLC would complete what was lacking for the FFVII representation. And, the revenue from the DLC would have a higher share for S-E to get than raw Smash Bros Ultimate sales. It would help them hype up the remake, and they would get support from the money obtained from the DLC sales. You can look at S-E's track record for yourself. When they show up as guest characters in fighting games, it's always through the form of DLC. Actually, Smash is the first time ever that a game of this kind gets S-E content on the base game. Given that Sakurai has a good relationship with both Tetsuya Nomura and Nobuo Uematsu, I think that they would be on board for it as well.
To answer a possible question, the stage in question should match the character, and thus, the Northern Crater, Planet's Core (I hate this idea given that it was supposed to be abstract in the original game and not the mess Dissidia made), or Junon (a stretch, but possibly the second most iconic location in the game).
Music should include tracks from FFVII, mostly original versions but also some remixes. Expect One Winged Angel to be a thing.
Ironically, Sephiroth imagery has been done repeatdly throughout these last few years, from Smash 4's Congratulation screen to the subtle nod with Alucard in Midgar doing his exiting animation with the black cape and Chrom's picture with one angel wing.

Remember, it may not be the best of practices, but getting that money from DLC would help S-E a ton and pay for the spirits and other content missing.
I really do think, and hope, that the S-E rep is Sephiroth, with Tifa as a Mii Brawler outfit, Barret for Mii Gunner, spirits from the OG FFVII, Safer Sephiroth as a boss for World of Light (would perfectly fit the story and aesthetics, tbh), and any of the three stages mentioned above.

To close it off, today Tetsuya Nomura posted this on the FFVII Twitter account. Notice that they usually never post anything, and when they do, usually it's strictly S-E content within S-E games.
In Japanese, he states:

https://twitter.com/FFVIIR_CLOUD/st...RjroOm3UPB8uYv75eHxv33shc7tWXTYEDlcDQHxq9nwJM

"This year passed by in a blink of an eye. Next week seems like it may take forever to come. I must get back to work!"

This may be another commemorative art like other companies did, but not posting it on the company's main account is interesting. And, maybe this work is something related to the DLC. After all, Nomura does appear in the credits for Smash Ultimate as one of the three people from S-E who worked on the game directly for counseling and support (alongside Yoshinori Kitase, the director for the OG FFVII and the producer of the Remake, ironically).

One final note: it would be very fitting for them to promote the FFVII, IX and X launch on the Switch with Sephiroth's DLC in Smash. Hence why I think an announcement like this would come in the Nintendo Direct that announces the release date for the FF games. And getting Seph in the game may be that key to clinch the FFVII Remake on Nintendo's console.

Hoping for the best here and may FFVII get the representation it deserves! I'll be supporting this until the very end.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So, I just wanted to make a case for him, to better illustrate some things.

Edit underway because I screwed up the mouse here

https://twitter.com/FFVIIR_CLOUD/st...RjroOm3UPB8uYv75eHxv33shc7tWXTYEDlcDQHxq9nwJM
I saw that since i'm super behind FFVII Remake and such (that twitter used to be GBike related and Nomura himself rebranded it with FFVIIR_CLOUD and made that art piece), but I'm not sure if that's a hint tho… he could be happy about how Cloud came to Smash and loves the game himself. Altho one could say 7 days would also be 7th on japan which would be the 6th for us when VGA happens… so if we got a DLC announcement there, getting Sephiroth revealed as the first one would be pretty crazy. I still think I might be reaching too far with this, I think Nomura is just hype about smash and cloud in it… but i would gladly take sephiroth dlc reveal any day to give wave 1 a huge start.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I saw that since i'm super behind FFVII Remake and such (that twitter used to be GBike related and Nomura himself rebranded it with FFVIIR_CLOUD and made that art piece), but I'm not sure if that's a hint tho… he could be happy about how Cloud came to Smash and loves the game himself. Altho one could say 7 days would also be 7th on japan which would be the 6th for us when VGA happens… so if we got a DLC announcement there, getting Sephiroth revealed as the first one would be pretty crazy. I still think I might be reaching too far with this, I think Nomura is just hype about smash and cloud in it… but i would gladly take sephiroth dlc reveal any day to give wave 1 a huge start.
I found it ironic that the game launched on the 7th. Nomura took full advantage of this. XD

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I found it ironic that the game launched on the 7th. Nomura took full advantage of this. XD
He totally did LOL. This is also the second time he draws Link, which is great imo. I really hope for fun sake that this somehow ties to sephiroth but if not it's still great he took a bit of his busy time to do this.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Yes! ^^
Anyhow, I would love if someone played devil's advocate and threw out arguments that try to disprove it and come up with a solution and reach facts.
As much I want him, I don't want to live in a fantasy.
And I hope that my point was convincing to anyone on the fence regarding this.
Anyone is welcome to join our cause! ^^
We may be a small group here, but I hope I can do my best to give hope, hype up everyone and gather new fans along the way!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yes! ^^
Anyhow, I would love if someone played devil's advocate and threw out arguments that try to disprove it and come up with a solution and reach facts.
As much I want him, I don't want to live in a fantasy.
And I hope that my point was convincing to anyone on the fence regarding this.
Anyone is welcome to join our cause! ^^
As a character I am fairly neutral on Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite games ever but Sephiroth didn't leave as big of an impression on me as others - but as long as he brings One Winged Angel with him, I won't mind if he is the Square character. It's a good analysis, but it would be a massive gamechanger to see a unique secondary character from a third party IP... and for it to be Sephiroth of all characters. That's just hard for me to believe.

Then again, if you told me Richter Belmont would not only be in Smash, but introduce third party echo fighters, I'd call you crazy for that one too! So I don't know, really. A lot of times I feel like these corporate breadcrumbs lead to nothing, but it's an interesting Tweet nonetheless. My "buy the whole Fighter Pass no questions asked" character is Banjo-Kazooie, but I could see Sephiroth being an interesting addition. Meme power would be off the charts.

Guess we'll see what happens at the VGA.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
After getting Cloud, I wonder if there is any actual argument against Sephiroth other than disbelief or the typical "Square Enix is an ass to work with"… and if so, the solution is simply Sakurai proving once again he can break those barriers, the man can do it and Cloud being so well done should actually make things easier…? Dunno. My main worry personally is what stage would he be getting this time?… Music might be easier to get this time around considering we are even getting the original VII on switch coming next year... Maybe no new remixes but original tracks…? Actually that just makes me think Sephiroth would be a good way to promote that old game to be actually bought and tried by gamers who never played it before or they were always Nintendo fans and never played another platform. Then again, people are arguing that we have no SE spirits or whatever apparently? I still think anything missing can be easily included within the DLC pack.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
After getting Cloud, I wonder if there is any actual argument against Sephiroth other than disbelief or the typical "Square Enix is an *** to work with"… and if so, the solution is simply Sakurai proving once again he can break those barriers, the man can do it and Cloud being so well done should actually make things easier…? Dunno. My main worry personally is what stage would he be getting this time?… Music might be easier to get this time around considering we are even getting the original VII on switch coming next year... Maybe no new remixes but original tracks…? Actually that just makes me think Sephiroth would be a good way to promote that old game to be actually bought and tried by gamers who never played it before or they were always Nintendo fans and never played another platform. Then again, people are arguing that we have no SE spirits or whatever apparently? I still think anything missing can be easily included within the DLC pack.
Like I said in my post, there are three great possibilities for the stage.
The music could be remixed by even Shimomura herself (that would be ironic, huh). But I think that the spirts and everything were removed bc the licensing costs for them are much higher, thus warranting DLC to make up for it.
His inclusion would hype up for the OG game launching, would prepare for the eventual Remake to land on a Nintendo system (you bet this will happen), and would complete the S-E representation that was lacking in the game.

GET READY FOLKS
Time is flying, so much stuff in so little time!

https://twitter.com/BoundaryBreak/status/1068682697365745664

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Any more news for the one-winged angel?
Sadly, we don't have insiders pro-Seph to help us on that.
We're rellying on the Geno crowd for news, ironically.
But keep your heads up, bc there may be news very very soon

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sephiroth is someone I never even considered until he was discussed in the General thread and of course I'd be on board. Maybe I'd prefer other Square rep because I love variety in series representation but I'd be stupid to say Sephiroth would be in any way a disappointment. The notion of Sephiroth being in Smash Bros is something that when I first played 64 was completely ridiculous. You'd get laughed out of the building for even considering it, and yet it looks sort of possible now. Just wild.

If he's in we have to get One Winged Angel. We have to.

My preferred Sephiroth stage would be Nibelheim on fire. It's striking and one of his most iconic scenes. It'd also be gorgeous.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'll admit I haven't played FF7, but even as an outsider I can see he would be really cool. I'm in.
Welcome to the clan!

Sephiroth is someone I never even considered until he was discussed in the General thread and of course I'd be on board. Maybe I'd prefer other Square rep because I love variety in series representation but I'd be stupid to say Sephiroth would be in any way a disappointment. The notion of Sephiroth being in Smash Bros is something that when I first played 64 was completely ridiculous. You'd get laughed out of the building for even considering it, and yet it looks sort of possible now. Just wild.

If he's in we have to get One Winged Angel. We have to.

My preferred Sephiroth stage would be Nibelheim on fire. It's striking and one of his most iconic scenes. It'd also be gorgeous.
Very cool idea for a stage, but it would imply being a walkoff stage, which I'm not that big of a fan. XD
It's a stage that would be as representative of Sephiroth as the Northern Crater/Planet's Core!

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
For me it comes down to Sephiroth and a DQ rep from the list, but DQ has a few companies to go through while Sakurai already has FFVII content in the game and could negotiate for more. I really think it's going to happen and he will bring along probably the lifestream stage and his iconic OWA song.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So, according to the Geno thread, we have info that indicates to having two characters that were left as final contenders from that list.
Nobody knows who won or who those two candidates are. Don't expect this to be leaked, as not even those who are deep in know the results.
Let's hope for the best!

For me it comes down to Sephiroth and a DQ rep from the list, but DQ has a few companies to go through while Sakurai already has FFVII content in the game and could negotiate for more. I really think it's going to happen and he will bring along probably the lifestream stage and his iconic OWA song.
Half of me thinks it's between Sephiroth and Erdrick and the other thinks it's between Sephiroth and Geno.
But if I would bet on someone, it would be Seph.
May the OWA be the orchestral version that plays in Dissidia. XD

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So, according to the Geno thread, we have info that indicates to having two characters that were left as final contenders from that list.
Nobody knows who won or who those two candidates are. Don't expect this to be leaked, as not even those who are deep in know the results.
Let's hope for the best!

Half of me thinks it's between Sephiroth and Erdrick and the other thinks it's between Sephiroth and Geno.
But if I would bet on someone, it would be Seph.
May the OWA be the orchestral version that plays in Dissidia. XD
Nghhh I really hope Seph is the one now...

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Nghhh I really hope Seph is the one now...
I bet he really is one of the two.
All that is left is knowing if he beat his opponent or not.
Again, I have a feeling we'll know when the Direct that states the FF titles' release date streams

Not news necessarily, but I wanted to post this, bc this detail passed by me.
https://twitter.com/envinyon/status/1068575193780576256
Very cool detail. Funny how he said he had a long week ahead and TGA is literally friday of next week. Maybe he's working on the Sephiroth render!

Pristine

Smash Cadet
While OWA along with Sephiroth as DLC is hype inducing enough, let's not forget Sephiroth's final words in AC, where he explicitly states "I will never be a memory"

Here's to hoping Sakurai incorporates that to Sephiroth's splash card!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I was thinking about trailers and such.
And I really hope that his down air ends up being his stabbing stance from that horribly sad scene we all know of. :'(

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Geno is my most wanted square rep, but Sephiroth would get me just as excited. I support! I think he is very likely to be one of the three, and quite possibly the one that got in. I can't think of any more iconic third party villain that could get in, so here's hoping!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So, I'm going to have to leave for a while because of college stuff, but I want to leave out an idea for you to consider:
Do not bet fully that this TGA will give us the S-E rep.
It may happen, but if so, then it might be a bit easier to pinpoint possible candidates if that were the case.
TGA is becoming more of an event that people watch around the world with a glamour vaguely similar to the Oscars, and as such, announcements should be on the level of knocking your socks off once you see them.
I think it's likely we'll be seeing Smash DLC there, and it might be a huge character. And this may be connected to another announcement Nintendo or some other company might make at the event. As such, there are a few possibilities:
1) Metroid Prime 4 will be unveiled at the event, given how Western gamers love Metroid and the appeal it garnered lately with the absence of a console Metroid game in years. Thus, considering we will have Sylux as a possible main antagonist, this might be a good time to announce him as the first DLC character. I find this very likely to happen.
2) The Geno thread has spread the word that Lloyd Irving may be a character as DLC, according to sources that still need confirmation. While Tales may be a more Japanese styled game, a possible announcement of a new game in the same vein as Monster Hunter World did with its more Western appeal, this may occur.
3) This is the big one. Square-Enix is going to have a considerable presence there. Going by our list, we have to consider possible characters that might create some sort of hype that will make even non-Smash players amazed. Dragon Quest is competing for Best RPG, and it could be possible link a DQ announcement with it (I only see Erdrick happening, tbh), but I honestly don't see it causing the WOW factor. Crono would be hype inducing, but a lot of people don't know him outside the older audience. While I would be happy with Geno, it's hard to believe non-Nintendo gamers would be hyped for the announcement. We're left with two extremely likely candidates that may happen. Both of the remaining characters have future games that might show up at TGA. Sora, while speculated to be a big no, might have gotten a spot if Nomura and Disney pushed for it. They could have a new KHIII trailer that would hype up everyone with a historic anthology of the whole series, followed by the Smash trailer. This is something that fits the established conditions. And I honestly see this happening. But, we might see a dream come true, and finally get news for FFVII Remake after 3 years of silence. S-E confirmed that PR would focus on FFVII after KH launches, and with an event of this scale, this might be a good start to regain the hype for the game and end it with Sephiroth confirmed. I see this happening as well, and it would be absolutely insane.
4) Monster Hunter World will likely win the best RPG of the year and is competing for GOTY. Given the leaks of Ultimate's files, we know that MH is a special series in the game, as it is strangely labeled as if it has a fighter in the game. A Monster Hunter character, most likely Felyne, might be the reveal for the event, and I think it makes a ton of sense for that to happen.

So, this is what I have thought up for what we might have before ourselves 4 days from now. Get hyped, but get hyped responsibly.
Hoping for the best and may everyone have a good time!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So, I'm going to have to leave for a while because of college stuff, but I want to leave out an idea for you to consider:
Do not bet fully that this TGA will give us the S-E rep.
It may happen, but if so, then it might be a bit easier to pinpoint possible candidates if that were the case.
TGA is becoming more of an event that people watch around the world with a glamour vaguely similar to the Oscars, and as such, announcements should be on the level of knocking your socks off once you see them.
I think it's likely we'll be seeing Smash DLC there, and it might be a huge character. And this may be connected to another announcement Nintendo or some other company might make at the event. As such, there are a few possibilities:
1) Metroid Prime 4 will be unveiled at the event, given how Western gamers love Metroid and the appeal it garnered lately with the absence of a console Metroid game in years. Thus, considering we will have Sylux as a possible main antagonist, this might be a good time to announce him as the first DLC character. I find this very likely to happen.
2) The Geno thread has spread the word that Lloyd Irving may be a character as DLC, according to sources that still need confirmation. While Tales may be a more Japanese styled game, a possible announcement of a new game in the same vein as Monster Hunter World did with its more Western appeal, this may occur.
3) This is the big one. Square-Enix is going to have a considerable presence there. Going by our list, we have to consider possible characters that might create some sort of hype that will make even non-Smash players amazed. Dragon Quest is competing for Best RPG, and it could be possible link a DQ announcement with it (I only see Erdrick happening, tbh), but I honestly don't see it causing the WOW factor. Crono would be hype inducing, but a lot of people don't know him outside the older audience. While I would be happy with Geno, it's hard to believe non-Nintendo gamers would be hyped for the announcement. We're left with two extremely likely candidates that may happen. Both of the remaining characters have future games that might show up at TGA. Sora, while speculated to be a big no, might have gotten a spot if Nomura and Disney pushed for it. They could have a new KHIII trailer that would hype up everyone with a historic anthology of the whole series, followed by the Smash trailer. This is something that fits the established conditions. And I honestly see this happening. But, we might see a dream come true, and finally get news for FFVII Remake after 3 years of silence. S-E confirmed that PR would focus on FFVII after KH launches, and with an event of this scale, this might be a good start to regain the hype for the game and end it with Sephiroth confirmed. I see this happening as well, and it would be absolutely insane.
4) Monster Hunter World will likely win the best RPG of the year and is competing for GOTY. Given the leaks of Ultimate's files, we know that MH is a special series in the game, as it is strangely labeled as if it has a fighter in the game. A Monster Hunter character, most likely Felyne, might be the reveal for the event, and I think it makes a ton of sense for that to happen.

So, this is what I have thought up for what we might have before ourselves 4 days from now. Get hyped, but get hyped responsibly.
Hoping for the best and may everyone have a good time!
I think if the square rep is shown at the game awards, it's going to be Sephiroth. Vergeben's word is law in my book, so I'm counting Sora out. It could be dragon quest, but I personally don't see it. Geno and Crono would probably not be shown there, but in a nintendo direct or something. This is obviously just my opinion, but if we see smash on Thursday then I'm guessing Sephiroth.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't want to expect anything from TGA, but my reason to hope for the SE character to be confirmed first is just for the healthy sake of all of us and any other SE character support thread lol. I'm excited for whatever Nintendo will announce anyway, and maaaaybe Final Fantasy VII Remake teaser or something about it telling us when we will hear about it again cause Sony is skipping E3 next year… I know we won't hear anything about it after KH3 is released but daaamn I'm worried how long we will actually have to wait to hear about that game again haha.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Urgent news came up.
The man who has been giving his best to everyone in the community, PolarPanda PolarPanda , has revealed the two candidates from that rumor of the Enix employee.
It might end up being one of them, both of them, or less likely, all goes to crap.
These are Sephiroth and Geno. Possibly the best outcome for everyone. Let's hope both get the thumbs up, as S-E has been extremely buddy-buddy with Nintendo (kinda reminds me they may try to go for that unrivaled relationship they had in the NES-SNES era)!
Also, considering Nomura's tweet about having a long week ahead, maybe the TGA theory may end up being true and we'll get the result already in a few days!!!
Keep on supporting my friends!

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I just wanna say that as a Geno supporter; If they decide to choose Sephiroth; I'll be happy for you guys!

Pristine

Smash Cadet
Urgent news came up.
The man who has been giving his best to everyone in the community, PolarPanda PolarPanda , has revealed the two candidates from that rumor of the Enix employee.
It might end up being one of them, both of them, or less likely, all goes to crap.
These are Sephiroth and Geno. Possibly the best outcome for everyone. Let's hope both get the thumbs up, as S-E has been extremely buddy-buddy with Nintendo (kinda reminds me they may try to go for that unrivaled relationship they had in the NES-SNES era)!
Also, considering Nomura's tweet about having a long week ahead, maybe the TGA theory may end up being true and we'll get the result already in a few days!!!
Keep on supporting my friends!
Not trying to be bias towards Sephi, but imo he'd be the greatest underdog win in Smash history, considering the fact that he's arguably the least supported rep going up against someone who's been asked for a very long time.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Not trying to be bias towards Sephi, but imo he'd be the greatest underdog win in Smash history, considering the fact that he's arguably the least supported rep going up against someone who's been asked for a very long time.
I agree with this statement.

I just wanna say that as a Geno supporter; If they decide to choose Sephiroth; I'll be happy for you guys!
We've seen each other there, so you know by now I'll be applauding and cheering for you guys as well! Geno is awesome!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I disagree. I think Geno would be the ultimate underdog win. He's been the considered underdog since the beginning, and only just recently gained any traction. A nearly dead character, kept barely alive soley by his fans for twenty two years, finally making it into smash and being immortalized and revitalized. Sephiroth is only the underdog in that he hasn't been as requested as Geno.

Pristine

Smash Cadet
I disagree. I think Geno would be the ultimate underdog win. He's been the considered underdog since the beginning, and only just recently gained any traction. A nearly dead character, kept barely alive soley by his fans for twenty two years, finally making it into smash and being immortalized and revitalized. Sephiroth is only the underdog in that he hasn't been as requested as Geno.
I mean, yeah. Sephiroth reserves the connotation of being not nearly as lauded as Geno in terms of being wanted as a SE rep for any smash game, Geno has been wanted since Brawl whereas Sephiroth has been wanted just recently, were it not for "the 7 names leak", I doubt he'd even be mentioned at all even in this current time(even then his fan following for this game is rather small)

Last edited:
Top Bottom