• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
chris 4 stocked my falco with marth..hes got better but i still wanna mm him

if there are 5 tv's at spkz this weekend :)

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
this is professor pro
i want to see this MM iswell this was meant to happen tymm ago i dunno y it didn lol

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Craig here (spkz) i spoke to a freind and im able to get two tvs so thats four tvs so far ill speak to my next door neighbour tomoro ^__^

I wanna see R+F show up for this one.

Terrance you flaker.

i expect a large turn out ^__^

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
this is professor pro
who thinks who is going to win the money match and say truthfully, i think PDOT is going to win but i think if he doesn't use his sheik he is going to lose. what do other people think

Check this out

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
aaron ur mum rang me lol

you better get home

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
already backing out..?

pdotking

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
lol London's map is pretty confusing can someone please tell me how to get there? (I will be staying near Piccadilly circus).

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
lol London's map is pretty confusing can someone please tell me how to get there? (I will be staying near Piccadilly circus).
basically ^__^

you need to -

Directions

Craig

88 London Road [Flat A]
Hackbridge
Surrey
CR4 4JB

Train Stations
HackBridge
Mitchem Junction
Wallington

Buses
x26

Contact spkz: via PM, MSN [sp00ky50k@hotmail.com] or phone 07772008884

Get to victoria - Then get a train to hackbridge, call 07772008884 and i will come pick you up ^__^

peace <3

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Yo. This is actually Paul here (v3x?) for the first time in like weeks lol (Job + GF keep me busy :p)

So there's been some confusion with a lot of things, where people are going each week, tv's, setups, grudges and god knows what else!

And considering i havnt been to a fest in about a month, i'm gunu have to say this is appauling lol!

I've spoken to both fuzz and spkz, and considering i cant come to them very often for my own reasons, i thought it best to take matters into my own hand with a non-biast view.

As i understand it people have been invited to different places through the boards/msn/pms etc. Things got out of hand there - people got upset (naturally) and things were finally said that needed to be.

The situation as it stands:
Do not feel obliged to go to either tournament in particular. Attend if you say you will. Don't say you can if you won't lol. Just say you're not sure!

There were complaints about both hosts by both the hosts.
Spkz:
Apparently spkz has few tvs and is usually a mess. Plus there's a one pound charge.
- The TV situation is fixed as far as i understand.
- And well.. news to you all, students are messy :p
- Unfortunately it's on a meter and the more smash the more electricity, i duno if you noticed but he usually puts 40% of his own money into it, along with not playing much to make sure everyone has a good time.

Charles:
Apparently charles just plays and doesnt make the best of hosts, and more setups could be used.
- I assume this is becuase he wants to play smash of course! No johns tbh
- Im sure the setups will be fixed in due course.
- Last i went to charles it was good, only problem was the travel for me but thats all.

As i understand it, both hosts will be hosting on a one week basis (Every weekend i think).
So no more of this going behind peoples back ****. The community used to be a nice one! Everyone knows I in particular hate certain people, but i have the curtosy to let it go and have a good time if im ever able to attend.

This post summed up: Don't be a prick lol from now on both hosts should make it their responsability to sort out their own fests, keep people updated and host a good time. Unfortunately thats the down side to hosting. (Good side being no travel costs/time :p)

It's also YOUR responsability to update the host on weather you'll be attending. If you not coming, just say. No-one's going to stick up a fuss lets face it (you're not that special :p).

Anyways, i'll be at SmashGT for certain.. Got some rivalries to settle :)

Hope to see everyone there!

And for the record: I will NOT be attending spkz or fuzz's weekend fests for my own reasons. I do, however, have a few people over during the week on evenings sometimes. I like to keep it small because my room is small so no hard feelings lol ^^

But do tell me if you're interested and live in the croydon area.
v3x?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Top tier material tbh, just when I completed the DS game. Made me smile inside.

Concerning when and where we do fests/tournies, I still say they should be held every 2 weeks. That way I'd be able to make more of Craigs without spending too much. I used to go to the tournies almost every time they were held and the turnout was far from good, therefore I don't bother going to spend money and not get the chance to reclaim it.

Charles' is easier for me to get to and doesn't cost me any extra. Most weeks, the turnout isn't anything to brag about and a tourney probably wouldn't be held even if it were.

The number of tourneys/fests per month should be sorted out or there will continue to be confusion and people will just not turn up. I expect both of you guys are trying to up the turnout by advertising etc. finding fresh blood. If not, the number of people turning up will gradually decrease.

J03

Smash Master
i was just having a conversation about how cool it would be to have sonic in brawl, but i didnt have my hopes up because it was unlikely hed show.

****ING AMAZING, sonic is here and he is awesome, sonic is the best addition yet, **** snake, sonic has stolen the show, top tier, instant win!

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Plz stop talking about Brawl! I 4 one have been avoiding brawl info for the past few months and i kno a few other ppl on here that have been doin the same thing for the same reason! I dont wanna know who the new characters are because i want to be surprised! Spoilers are FRIGGING annoying man! I love u guys but plz plz plz dont chat bout it, or just talk about it in the Brawl section. Thanx!

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Craig here - i expect everyone to arrive around 11-12 ^__^

Catch you all tomoro

i have 4 TVs.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
yeah this time i won't arrive at 9 or woteva time i did

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Craig here.

lol yeah 9:30 XD, pro, i only got three TVS now :X one didnt work, well they dont have the remote and doesnt accpet scart, and we could not TUNE it in shucks, oh well still got a 3 ill try and get one of Paul XD

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'm going to come tomorrow and I have some more questions:
1)when will the tournament start(if there will even be one)
2)how much time does it take to reach hackbridge station from victoria station?
3)can someone pick me up from hackbridge ;), and if no one can, is there are a bus or something that i can take to get there?

thanks!

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
call this number: 07772008884 and i'll come pick you up. it takes about 25mins from victoria station to hackbridge. aim to arrive around 11-12am

EDIT

Bring cubes!!! i only got one, so i need at least another 3 XD

peace out

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
chris you forfiet our mm

gimme 1 pound at GT

edit - good games fizz. you are 2 good

Top Bottom