• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yo-Kai Watch Discussion (Join the #WoYHangout Discord Party on YW2 Launch Day!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Neutral!

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I haven't tried out the game yet but the show is really funny!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Right now I'm using Baku, Fire Cat Thing, Cicada, Sea Urchin, Guy with Pan on head, and shadow ninja thing

LOL, I don't know their names because I renamed them

I want to find a kappa

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have just beaten YW, the final boss is hard hard, but managed to pull it off with Yo-kai around the lvl. 37-43 with determination. I am glad to announce that I will remain a Yo-kai Watch fan for life. This game was an amazing, fresh experience.

You know, I am so glad that I did watch Yo-kai Watch anime back in June. I didn't expect much of a surprise when I watched the first episode, I was pleasantly surprised and got hooked by its comedy culture of Yo-kai, and being relatable to real life situations. I got to love new characters like Manjimutt, Fumika Kodoma, Whisper, Komasan, Inaho, and many other greatly designed characters made by Level-5. I got to love many of Yo-kai Watch's many catchy tunes like Gera Gera Po, Yo-kai Exercise, Uchu Dance, and all other of the YW opening songs. My hype was through and became a big fan of the franchise from there, anticipated waiting for the game to release.

After beating this game, now I seriously want to know more about yokai mythology and learn more about Japanese history. I truly cannot wait to spend 60 hours of my time on side-quests, post game content, and catching all the Yo-kai! I want most of the stuff
like the Yorozumart and the Universal YW attraction to open in the West. I want the franchise to make children in the west happy
people! If I ever have a family, I want my kids to remember YW for their childhood.

Thank you Hino for giving us this imaginative world and concept! Thank you Mark Risley, David H. Steinberg, Level-5 Abby, Disney XD, Hasbro, and Nintendo for giving us the quality the franchise needs! I hope Yo-kai Watch really becomes a true hit, because it truly deserves the rank of being highly popular in Japan in the west, it has tons of true potential of being a success. Keep being the creative geniuses that you are, Level-5!

To those who haven't played it, I highly recommend giving it a try! Don't let the Japanese culture and gameplay shy you away!

#YokaiIsWhy

Thanks for readinya~

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm stuck

I can't find a "Sawtooth Stag"

Edit: Also, Beetler is a pain to catch.

I want him though

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
I hope that in tomorrow's Direct they say Europe's release date.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, due to a general large fan of the "gain 'em and train 'em," kind of RPGs ranging from Pokemon, Digimon, SMT, Dragon Quest Monster, Monster Rancher, and even the Medabots and Shaman King gba games.

I'm... a bit mixed on the game so far, for reasons I'll get into at a latter point.

I'm up to the Bathhouse Boss, trying to go for a full Medallium run for the game. Currently.. I'm a bit lost. The "Droplette" Yo-kai's location is listed as "Uptown Springdale - Lonely Waterway," and...I don't get where this is. I've checked the regions of the main map and the three side alleyways (north near the entrance to the shrine area, behind the convenience store, and behind the fish store,) none of which share this name nor have I encountered one.... much to my confusion when I encountered the very similar Slush in the "Underground Waterway" sewers.

Edit: Current team: Noway, Roughraff, Baku, Jibanyan, Dimmy, Leadoni

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gonna have a full team of bugs

Although it's probably going to be weaker than my current team

Got beetler and Rhino...whatever

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who's y'alls favorite Yokai

Mine has been Moskevil

He's regains his health every time he attacks.

Also he looks cool

He's a lower rank though

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one holding my team together is probably baddinyan

He's probably the most powerful

Burruni

Smash Hero
See, because Roughraff was doing so well I didn't want to sacrifice that to make Baddinyan, so I got Thornyan instead. Better than Jiba by itself, but not particularly noteworthy in comparison to my other two fusions.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Random, but apparently you can befriend the drum guy mascot in YW2...:

I don't believe it. :O
Weird because... I thought Taito was a capcom series or something.

Also I'm up to doing some C rank recruitment before the foxy construction scene... man, when my Roughraff evolved to a Badude, his accuracy just seemed to plummet...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a rare yokai named "Frosttail"

It looks like Kyubi, except it's all white

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's going to be my main special attacker.

It seems to be level one.

Going to change it's personality to pure special raising

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
There was nothing Yo-kai related in Europe's Direct. I want to play it...

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, after taking care of the boss I will lovingly refer to as "Gigantor..."

Time to put a Shoopie into my party and try to befriend ALL DA YOKAI.

27% and growing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got bruff from the crank, and he seems pretty dang powerful

Burruni

Smash Hero
What the heck is this Shoopie
Shoopie is this thing, C or D rank, found in bushes near the shrine that has the Popular trait like Cupistol, which is meant to make befriending happening sooner.

Does anyone know if using higher tiered items of the same family boosts the chance even more? Like Fruit Milk over regular Milk?

Edit: Schmoopie*

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shoopie is this thing, C or D rank, found in bushes near the shrine that has the Popular trait like Cupistol, which is meant to make befriending happening sooner.

Does anyone know if using higher tiered items of the same family boosts the chance even more? Like Fruit Milk over regular Milk?
Yes

lower tier items say "Makes yokai like you a bit"

while higher tier items say "Makes yokai like you a ton"

Top Bottom