• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Viewtiful Joe For Brawl Thread

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Viewtiful Joe has been one of my favorite characters ever since his first game. I think He has a good chance of getting into brawl.

For Those of you who don't know who Viewtiful Joe is (even though you should >.>) here is a little bit of info on him

Viewtiful Joe is a video game developed by Capcom's Capcom Production Studio 4 design team "Team Viewtiful". Viewtiful Joe was named 17th best Gamecube game of all time in IGN's feature reflecting on the Gamecube's long lifespan. You all should know it from the T.V Show on Kids W.B.

In the game Joe has three 'VFX' (Viewtiful Effects) powers, which are designed to emulate camera tricks seen in movies such as The Matrix:
  • Slow causes Joe's attacks to be more powerful, as well as increasing his reflexes and giving him the ability to dodge most attacks. While in Slow, striking a dazed foe sets up all enemies on the screen for a chain reaction, causing all points accrued during the duration of Slow to be multiplied by the number of enemies struck. If used deftly, Slow will accumulate a very large number of points due to the multiplier effect. If Joe is attacked while in Slow, he will automatically do a dodge move, and will lose a large chunk of his remaining VFX power.
  • Mach speed allows Joe to run at incredible speed, create multiple after-images of himself when he unleashes a flurry of attacks, and can cause his attacks to envelop himself in a temporary heat shield, which will render him immune to flame attacks and set enemies on fire when struck. When used in tandem with Slow, Mach Speed only increases Joe's walking speed while in slow. It also allows "rapid" punches to be used, by holding the attack button.
  • Zoom In gives Joe access to a new group of attacks and will power up his normal attacks, as well as "dazzling" all of the lesser foes in proximity to Joe into paralysis. Joe's punch is replaced with the "Red Hot One Hundred", a flurry of fists (different from Mach Speed). Joe's kick is replaced with an energetic spin kick, where he levitates in the air as he spins repeatedly. Jumping caused Joe to corkscrew into the air, damaging anything in his path. If the player zooms in while in the air, Joe will careen towards the ground feet first and send shockwaves out from the point of impact.
His FS would probably be Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred which is an awesome move if you've ever seen it before.

(Info Taken From Wikipedia)

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
Not a bad Candidate for Brawl. Nice Moveset, Perfect FS. And I don't think he is 3rd Party, so there will be a better chance of him in it. I'd like to see some Colors & costumes for him.

vesperview

Smash Hero

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Compare Viewtiful Joe's games to Megaman's. Yes Megaman is the older character. Yes that might mean he is favored more. That doesn't mean he is the better character. I'd vote V-Joe over megaman anyday.

They both have a chance. But theis thread isn't about MEGAMAN!

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
1. Your Wrong
2. Your Wrong
3. Megaman is lame compared to V-Joe
Viewtiful Joe is in fact Third Party. He is owned by Capcom. No one can be first party if they are on both a Nintendo system and a Sony system. Joe is in fact Third Party, so for someone who wants him in so bad do your research before you ***** at other people. ****.

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Viewtiful Joe is in fact Third Party. He is owned by Capcom. No one can be first party if they are on both a Nintendo system and a Sony system. Joe is in fact Third Party, so for someone who wants him in so bad do your research before you ***** at other people. ****.
ok. Hasn't Sonic been on another system? Where is he now? Hasn't Megaman been on another system? Doesn't that make him Third Party As well? Yeah I did my research why don't you back yo s*** up before you try to start runnin your mouth.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
ok. Hasn't Sonic been on another system? Where is he now? Hasn't Megaman been on another system? Doesn't that make him Third Party As well? Yeah I did my research why don't you back yo s*** up before you try to start runnin your mouth.
Alright, let's get a few things straight first.

I was never trying to deny Viewtiful Joe Has A Chance
You merely responded to another member's post saying he was wrong about Viewtiful Joe being Capcom. Now, I may be making this more than it seems, but verperview was right and you said he was wrong. I just hate it when people call off other people as wrong when they are clearly wrong and started threads in the first place.

Viewtiful Joe DOES have a shot at Brawl
He does. Any third party character that has been on a Nintendo system has a shot. Joe is definetely in the top 20.

Sonic and Snake are also third party
Man, you're arguements are confusing the hell out of me. First you tell someone that they're wrong about Third Party, then you state Joe has a chance because other Third Party characters are in. WTF contradictary much?

Whatever, I am not taking this personal, just wanted to let you know Joe is Third Party. No hard feelings.

Cinder

Smash Master
It looks like someone needs a nap:laugh:...

Seriously dude, if you can't handle a little criticism, don't make a thread...and you shoulda known that his being from Capcom would bring up Megaman, you can't discuss Capcom w/o MM showing up...jus' playin' devil's advocate...all I care about is Lucario and Geno, whoever else gets in is okay with me...

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Alright, let's get a few things straight first.

I was never trying to deny Viewtiful Joe Has A Chance
You merely responded to another member's post saying he was wrong about Viewtiful Joe being Capcom. Now, I may be making this more than it seems, but verperview was right and you said he was wrong. I just hate it when people call off other people as wrong when they are clearly wrong and started threads in the first place.

Viewtiful Joe DOES have a shot at Brawl
He does. Any third party character that has been on a Nintendo system has a shot. Joe is definetely in the top 20.

Sonic and Snake are also third party
Man, you're arguements are confusing the hell out of me. First you tell someone that they're wrong about Third Party, then you state Joe has a chance because other Third Party characters are in. WTF contradictary much?

Whatever, I am not taking this personal, just wanted to let you know Joe is Third Party. No hard feelings.
I'm Sorry. I was in an angry mood. I was only paying attention to this
he sucks and he would never come before Megaman
Thats what I was talking about.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Cool. Anyway, back to the point of this thread, I would love to see both Joe and Mega Man in Brawl. I don't really care who gets in period (except Geno, who needs to be in), so I don't really have a choice, but I really feel like Mega Man has a better chance than Joe.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Add viewtiful joe and brawl would gain back the epic it lost from giving noobs a free FS for sucking. if joe got in, i wouldnt even care if luigi made it.

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
Cool. Anyway, back to the point of this thread, I would love to see both Joe and Mega Man in Brawl. I don't really care who gets in period (except Geno, who needs to be in), so I don't really have a choice, but I really feel like Mega Man has a better chance than Joe.
Yeah Because he is a more fan favorite, well they both are (Geno & Megaman)

Cinder

Smash Master
I'm Sorry. I was in an angry mood. I was only paying attention to this
Thats what I was talking about.
Like I said, someone needs a nap:laugh:...

Sorry, I'm [futilely] trying to be funny...

Anyway, V-Joe isn't a bad idea, but since you can expect Capcom to only have one rep, MM is somewhat more likely...but like I said, either one is fine with me...as long as Lucario and Geno get in...

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Maybe he doesn't suck but his abilities wouldn't fit a Brawl match.
How many characters have they said wouldn't fit but are still in the game? Basically all of them except Mario. Also Compare the time Megaman has been out to V-Joe. Yes its an unfair advantage but don't almost all the characters people want in have an unfair advantage? Ridley has a disadvantage, Lucario has a disadvantage, but guess what? I still want him in :p

vesperview

Smash Hero
How many characters have they said wouldn't fit but are still in the game? Basically all of them except Mario. Also Compare the time Megaman has been out to V-Joe. Yes its an unfair advantage but don't almost all the characters people want in have an unfair advantage? Ridley has a disadvantage, Lucario has a disadvantage, but guess what? I still want him in :p
I don't mean it like that, Viewtiful Joe slows and fastens time, it would interfere with gameplay and again, he doesn't come before Megaman! and Ridley and Lucario are not third party, so they don't fit this debate.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
1. He IS third party.
2. Maybe he doesn't suck but his abilities wouldn't fit a Brawl match.
3. Megaman is WAY better than Viewtiful Joe, and they are compared because they come from the same company CAPCOM, whose mascot is Megaman, thus he comes first!
Already done with the Third Part Tirade. This is your opinion, and Archangel has his own. This is a retarted arguement.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
3. Megaman is WAY better than Viewtiful Joe, and they are compared because they come from the same company CAPCOM, whose mascot is Megaman, thus he comes first!
once again correct, Megaman is BETTER than Viewtiful Joe sure they are both cool, but when it comes to 3rd party and Capcom, Megaman is the favored choice for most

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
I don't mean it like that, Viewtiful Joe slows and fastens time, it would interfere with gameplay and again, he doesn't come before Megaman!
I never said that he comes before Megaman. I just think he is cooler. They can make it happen for any character if they choose not to be lazy.

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
Hello! I was the first to start the argument you're the one meddling in other people's business, and stop cursing having asterisks in every one of your posts makes you look like an idiot.
You seem eager to start an arguement. I don't think I'm the right person to start with. If you don't have any business here don't post. >.>

We can get back on topic now.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There is already a thread about this character.

As well, in order for a thread to be "Official", it has to be reviewed and allowed by a mod. Then you can make a official topic.

****berries to you.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
wow I highly agree with the thread creator, Viewtiful Joe SHOULD get in rather than Megaman anyday

Cinder

Smash Master
wow I highly agree with the thread creator, Viewtiful Joe SHOULD get in rather than Megaman anyday
Oh, I'm sorry, I was under the assumption we weren't talking about MM anymore...and besides, why should we listen to a biased Megaman hater who can't defend themselves with an argument better than "he's from a fighting game"?

Top Bottom