• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official SSB64 Hyrule castle discussion

Zantetsu

Smash Master
:bumper: SSB64 Hyrule castle discussion :bumper:​

Since I play super smash brothers 64 online all the time i'v grown to be more of a 64 smasher then i am a melee smasher...ANYWAYS...I think it would be GREAT if the ssb64 version of hyrule would be put in. Its a great stage, Number 1 most used online and probably offline to, And its a tourney fair stage. I was extremely shocked when Sakurai put yoshi's island 64 in melee but not hyrule but maybe he might put it in this time. Im not looking for it to have any graphic changes but i want it to stay classic like the hyrule we all(?) know.

What do you guy's think?

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I was Fox too ;_;. I'd fight Link and he'd whack me over the head with the boomerang into the tornado. Also this level would kick *** for link cause he could use the hookshot no matter how far down he was.

Hong

The Strongest
This was not only the best N64 stage, but far superior to many of the stages in melee. I was also shocked that it was absent from the stage selection in melee. So many memories. This was the first stage me and my family have ever played on, ever. Since that day we've played on Hyrule Castle many, many times until melee was released.

Bring it back! I command you!

Tau

Smash Apprentice
I was extremely shocked when Sakurai put yoshi's island 64 in melee but not hyrule but maybe he might put it in this time.
yea i know.. i loved hyrule castle64 v_v well i hope it's in brawl.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
This level rocked. So did Hyrule Temple.

Bring them both back.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
IMO, hyrule temple sux, its WAY to big, fox is unstoppable there if you camp...XP
If ur referring to me i dont camp...I just try to get away from the temple XP

U only like dreamland cuss double spike is ftw there XD

By the way not sure if i can make it to ur tourney FOR SURE...Probably though. 80%

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I used to love this level along with the ssb64 starfox lvl... THey were both awesome... Oh ya and so was peaches catle in ssb Xb

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

If ur referring to me i dont camp...I just try to get away from the temple XP

U only like dreamland cuss double spike is ftw there XD

By the way not sure if i can make it to ur tourney FOR SURE...Probably though. 80%
Im refering to the dude I quoted earlier

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I understand your argument against the size of Hyrule Temple.

Still, I often find myself playing there.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
there are a lot of stages i'd like to have back from ssb. that one mario level with the bridge underneath that kept shifting, saffron city ( i'd stand on the helepad and spam samus charge beams) the mushroom kingdom stage, and more. they took my least favorite stages from ssb to put into melee though =(

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
YES. I wanted this stage for SSBM too, it is easily the best and most played in the original smash...

I hope they bring it back along with Peach's Castle (and a remake of the Great Fox stage of course) instead of the ones we got in melee :(

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Hyrule Temple calls for great matches provided the players don't:

a) run away

b) fight unfairly

I find that my matches at Hyrule Temple are often the most interesting; you can move the battle to different parts and employ different strategies, provided you partner doesn't camp spots or run the entire time - mine usually don't.

Hyrule castle was great, but I really think that if they took the TP Castle, and turned THAT into a stage it would be alot better. They could incorporate some small elements from the first one as well. The only thing that I found made Hyrule Castle 64 unique was the small hut on the right.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, this stage should come back!

With the tornadoes, as well. ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The more stages with interesting shapes/architectures, the better! I would be all for this stage returning.

Sadly, this thread is unofficial because the creator neither spelled "official" correctly nor properly capitalized the title. >_>

Bajef8

Smash Ace
i loved playing here in ssb. it was my first and favorite level. i just loved the tornadoes....................SWWOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH...IT"S COMING!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Hyrule Temple calls for great matches provided the players don't:

a) run away

b) fight unfairly

I find that my matches at Hyrule Temple are often the most interesting; you can move the battle to different parts and employ different strategies, provided you partner doesn't camp spots or run the entire time - mine usually don't.

Hyrule castle was great, but I really think that if they took the TP Castle, and turned THAT into a stage it would be alot better. They could incorporate some small elements from the first one as well. The only thing that I found made Hyrule Castle 64 unique was the small hut on the right.
hyrule temple in melee was a good course even though people could run away (which is probly why they banned it in tourneys). at buzz, I'm sorry to say it and wouldn't say it like this if i could, but u have no life. there is no room for english teachers on smashboards.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Hyrule Castle was great because it somehow safeguarded itself from some of the more annoying tactics. If you're up against a Laser Camping Fox, you can duck behind walls. If you're up against a Fireball spamming Mario or a grab *****, you can platform camp.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I was Fox too ;_;. I'd fight Link and he'd whack me over the head with the boomerang into the tornado. Also this level would kick *** for link cause he could use the hookshot no matter how far down he was.
well... not always. if you are too close to the surface you're trying to tether to it can cause the grapple to not stick, but as long as you dont use it too late, there's no reason for it not connecting.

Snakz

Smash Ace
That stage was by far the best stage out of both SSB64 and Melee

We demand the return of this stage Sakurai, just as it was!

Top Bottom