• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm working on it gaia/cura/kitchen sink. nc melee hasn't tended to pay attention to it until like the day or two before, and then we make a snap decision about it at the moment. i'm bringing it up now, so we can decide to pregister and save money, and to get people to confirm their attendance. since i don't have to work, and i know our better players are confirming, i want as many people to be there as possible.

and by better players, i mean that PP and his brother twitch may show up, ron who beat scar at EVO will be there, $mike who is a great falcon who probably prepared ron to beat scar will be there, and i'm...well i'm not bad i guess LOL. just ask butch about me *shrug*

ZummyBoy

Smash Rookie
I'd be down to smash anytime. I'm a San Diego Smasher (Melee) stationed here in goose creek. Looking to get into some kind of smash scene here if there is one.

Hit me up if you want to play. I can drive to you, or if you are part of NFAS we can play on base.

ZumSmash@yahoo.com

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
A lot of new people here it seems. Everyone needs to hit me up! I usually host all the smash activity in the columbia-ish area. I do melee, I do brawl, I do project m. other ****

b_rad

Smash Rookie
Hey guys me and my roommate play smash pretty often (Project M mostly) and I'm looking for more people to play. We live in the Aiken area so if anyone lives near and is interested hit me up on here

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
July 25th. >_>

I am currently in Charleston and will be moving indirectly to Statesboro by Sunday.
I am going to the Athens tournament Saturday, though.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
there is a rese in charlotte on august 10th. if columbia can't come to the tournament this weekend in raleigh, which i understand, i'd like them to be able to come to the rese in charlotte in full force. i should have off work, so i will bring a greensboro car. charlotte should be there decently, and i'm currently working on making raleigh bring a car, but i don't think i have the right mix of troll and logic to get them to make it.

How's this looking?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Double post, because furk this thread not having a reply in 11 days. What's up, South Carolina? How've you all been? As usual, I'm up to my constant in/out shenanigans. I'm interested again because old friends may be playing again, and my brother may be playing now, finally. That would give me a way to train in Melee. Hope you're all well. Shoutouts to all the people, both new and old.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Kidd, SC has a state tournament in the works - if you happen to look at the Facebook page, there are unorganized tidbits you can scope out.

Hopefully this continues to raise your interest.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Kidd im always hosting and always playing. I post my number on here like a million times I wish smashers werent so lazy as to just shoot a text out if they looking to play.

803-603-8324.

The columbia scene is active and getting more active we had 4-5 new people start playing recently and our skill levels are increasing.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
At david- I forget what that fight chant was for, but this is smash, so it applies, there.

Yo, Gaia, do you think you will attend the LevelUp tournament on the 30th?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yeah i think we are heading up there for the tournament. Butch and I that is. But it really depends on the ruleset. Last time it was single elimination. A weird stage selection rule. And my very first match was against butch so he was out of the tournament right away. For a $10 fee +gas its a lil rough but it was definitely a fun time. If that make it doubles elim ill be there for sure along with others im sure. if not they im still like 70%ish confirmed.
And my brother is coming in from new york this week and friday is the last day he is here so that may play a factor as well

hood+

Smash Cadet
when is this? been going to NC tournaments for awhile, we need to get the sc scene loud

hood+

Smash Cadet
charleston but i'd drive to columbia, easier than charlotte / greensboro / raleigh

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Charleston's scene doesn't broadcast itself much at all. It's basically just a group of friends that play from time to time.
If you get on that SC Melee page, the group mod is a Charleston guy.

I actually live in Statesboro, but I have monthly duty weekends to Charleston, myself.

Columbia is definitely the place to go, overall.

hood+

Smash Cadet
yeah, i don't have a facebook. it's a bit of a hindrance when all these regional groups are on FB and i'm not, hah

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo i dont have a facebook either. Just text me 803-260-7359. Also sai that my new number shoot me a text as well.

Hood if you text me ill let you know when we get together in columbia, we do it frequently.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hood I already gave you my number in private message a few months back, if you still have it, I would still play with you, just know my schedule is difficult right now because I'm in my senior classes and I have stuff due every day for the next 2 months AND I work 40 hours each week delivering for Kickin' Chicken. There's also Lucas in Mt. Pleasant who is begging for competition, he's the only person I play "somewhat regularly" as in every 8 or 9 days I guess, whenever we can.

Let me know if you'd like to meet up and I'll let you know when I'm free.

hood+

Smash Cadet
yeah with smashboards down + school i've been busy but i'll let you know soon

Top Bottom