• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Melee-only player.

I will be 'living' in Charleston briefly from 25 July to 9 August.

Specifics: I will be lodged on base and am currently willing to travel up to 20 minutes to play.

At this time, I expect my free time each day to be from approximately 4p to about 10p.

I can be reached by pm or by text: 706 799 6626.

I will not respond if you do not identify yourself or at least provide your reason for sending me a text.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Alot of melee in columbia if anyone willing 2 drive. about 1.45 hours though maybe a lil more. idk.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I only play P:M now. I can't afford to dedicate over 10 years to Melee. I just can't. Still accepting Project M money matches for anyone interested though I sincerely doubt there will ever be any official SC events given how things have gone in the past.

On Charleston topic, I am open to playing you Melee just once or twice if that will help you get your fix, but I'd much rather play P:M so don't expect much else from me lol. Send me a message or something and we'll set something up, or not whatever. I work often but may be able to find some time this week.

*Edit @ Soggy

this is the only FB group I know about : https://www.facebook.com/groups/511985552187092/?ref=ts&fref=ts

and a big Project M Atl South one : https://www.facebook.com/groups/336726723087447/?fref=ts

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Referring to RC:
I don't think I've ever actually played P:M : o

Looks like that page is mostly P:M, too... Hnngh.

@Gaia -- How does one communicate with these Columbia Melee folk?

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
[Melee]
I tried to spark up the scene in SC last year -- they had a tournament in Charleston (summer), then in Clemson (winter), then in Columbia (spring).

The scene seems to have melted away, but I'm sure they still play with each other. There's just a lack of exposure, I think.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
We usually smash at my place weekly Usually get around 3-6 melee players at one time. If your interested in coming out when we do this send me a text. 803-603-8324. I live in Lexington which is roughly 25 minutes or so from columbia.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Butch visited down here last weekend - he is definitely better than me now.

3 weeks until Charleston.

I have a few free days from 8-11 July I can use to travel to Cola.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Oh word, We usually play at my place. Give me your cell we can get a small fest going together.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I was trying to get a small fest going when you were able to come down but you havent responded back to anything ive sent

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman

I thought I replied to your PM telling you that my phone got soaked and is out of order, currently.

The message didn't actually post : /

So, that's what is happening, currently... If you happen to be on the SC Melee group, I can be contacted there, or you can get Butch to talk to me via FB.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well im gonna be in charlston tomorrow. But im free to throw a fest at my place friday or saturday if people wanna come out. You interested?

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.

Will Evo be up to view while we play? I'm definitely interested.

*I swear I have to refresh and try to post a reply at least 5 times before it works.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
So soggy you down? you get your phone fixed? I got it planned for saturday if your free. Let me know Im free all day.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Puca you welcome to come to. Not n charlston but Lexington which is like 15 minutes from columbia. Lil southwest of it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
601 sunrise farm court, lexington sc 29073.

803-603-8324

If anyone else is interested, txt me. starting at noon

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Anyone here? I just now found this thread, so hey! :3 Looks dead, the last post was on July 12th. ._. Pretty cool to see Carolina smashers, though. I used to live in Florida, but then we moved up here. I also noticed Dr. PeePee is a Carolina player, which I did not know, so that is pretty cool. xP

But I thought I should introduce myself to the thread, soooo: I used to be a Brawl player. I've played Brawl for 4-5 years and honed my skills. I used to main Toon Link, then Pit. Now Sheik, and seconding Marth for when my Sheik is having a hard time. My Sheik is pretty deadly, though.

But I've recently gotten into Project: M and I'm thinking of sticking with Project: M for a while. Gonna practice my Sheik there, and most likely my Marth.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
there is a rese in charlotte on august 10th. if columbia can't come to the tournament this weekend in raleigh, which i understand, i'd like them to be able to come to the rese in charlotte in full force. i should have off work, so i will bring a greensboro car. charlotte should be there decently, and i'm currently working on making raleigh bring a car, but i don't think i have the right mix of troll and logic to get them to make it.

Top Bottom