• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Regin

Smash Cadet
Yo..Am I going to have to wait until SSB4 to actually have SC try to get active again? I still play but I'm just coasting until the new smash comes out. HMU if any of you want to get together for brawl/melee/etc 803.521.1392. I stay near Irmo/Lexington. I'm up to play some P:M and get better too. Kind of miss the tourny scene..

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah, Regin, you're the one who works with my friend John. We'll probably get together through that eventually.

For anyone thinking there is no potential for a Project Melee scene, let me run down the list of players I know.

Columbia :
John (Lucario / Lucas)

Charleston :
Myself. (Keeping my mains secret for now ;)
Ramz. His Sonic is crazy.
KodiakBear (not that into it, but potential)
and various others who played brawl and don't understand various melee mechanics but still enjoy the game.

Orangeburg :
Jme (Charizard)
Babooski (Peach)
Skye (Lucas/Various)

and all these people know other people who tried it and enjoyed it. I've been spreading it, and the game is kind of catching on, which surprises me. And this list is only people that I know personally, haha. Unfortunately there still appears to be nowhere to host a tournament just yet. I doubt many would come to Charleston if I hosted something. If anyone can confirm otherwise please notify me and perhaps we can make something happen, but I can't do this type of stuff often as Smash is just a hobby for me and I need to focus on my career. Still, a one time event could still be worth it... But I doubt the people would come even if we did find a perfect place.

tl;dr I am excited about the potential of PM, but our distance will probably slaughter us like it did to every other game in the state. South Cursalina ._.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Caleb I play project M. Probably the only smash i play these days. Theres a good sized group of melee players here that i play with in lexington. If your willing to bring a wii + pm ill host some people and get a fest going. You me reg john if he wants could get something small going here.

hood+

Smash Cadet
Charlestonian melee player here. Getting tournament ready for the coming summer.

we in this

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Haha well Hood feel free to contact me and set something up. I've got nothing going on today but I'll be in Oburg probably all day tomorrow. I'm definitely the best player in your vicinity.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You really like attention, don't you? Charleston has nothing to do with you, unless you've got a vehicle and are willing to come down here. I personally am not willing to go drive very far just to play smash with strangers anymore. I didn't go to Charlotte because my friends couldn't go and the idea of just picking up random dudes and sharing awkward car rides isn't exactly my cup of tea. So if you get tired of talk set up that fest you mentioned, I can bring an entire setup for all smash games TV included. Since you're so confident, I hope this will be soon. I have such little patience for these forum shenanigans.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Silence Charleston and Lexington, fools, do you not know the power of G-Vegas, let me slap you with a cold fist of reality, it is I who shall slay thee! I fear no challenger. Now quickly, charge forth into battle so that I may decimate you into nothingness.
(Man...I gotta work on my boss battle dialogue...)
Lol, sup guys? I actually returned in under a month for once! Perhaps there is a smidgen of hope for me after all? More importantly, why do I have such difficulty dropping a game that I get bodied in LMAO, SSBM for life

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
because even getting bodied in this game is still funner then most games. You close to lex? people getting together to smash this sunday with some nc people as well

coolklm121

Smash Cadet
Yo gaia_x this is Kevin aka Guide, created this account long before I had an alias lol. \

to all: We actually do have a fairly active scene in Columbia for those who are wondering but we frequently go out to lexington because gaia has a really tight spot for hosting fests.
I've recently upgraded my spot as well and play pretty frequently and am in west Columbia if anyone is interested. We play melee and project M.
Also, I'm trying to go to as many tourneys as possible now that it's an option, so always hit me up if you're ever in need of a ride. SC seems a bit divided when it comes to smash
communities but we need not be that way. I feel that we've got enough talent within our own state to cultivate some high level game-play.

Viva la Melee

sincerely Kevin

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'd forgotten about you, Kevin. I remember liking you. As for being divided, I only have true disdain for Daniel. Is he still involved? If so I'm really not that interested in adventuring that direction because I doubt things would be civil and I dislike being around a hostile situation.

I should have all of my recording equipment set up within 2 weeks time if anybody wants footage online. I'm going to be creating my third (and possibly fourth) combo videos, both for Prim, not Melee. I'll mention this topic here again once I'm certain my recording setup is flawless. This means my interest in traveling to play it has gone up significantly.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Would anyone be interested in an event hosted near Fort Mill, SC or Charlotte, NC?

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I'm working on setting up an regional tourny / smashfest near Fort Mill, SC sometime this month or early June.
It's about an hour and a half from Columbia and about 25 minutes from Charlotte, NC if anyone's interested.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Would anyone be able to bring a tv, in addition to a gamecube+controllers?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If the head count gets big enough I'll try to scrounge up Charleston and Orangeburg's finest but they keep themselves pretty busy so at least two weeks notice would be required. I can also bring an entire setup, TV/Wii and all smash games but particularly P:M, and possibly recording device.

But it's like four hours away, so I need to know if it's worth the trip before making any plans.

Will be accepting any and all P:M money matches if I do go, though.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
If the head count gets big enough I'll try to scrounge up Charleston and Orangeburg's finest but they keep themselves pretty busy so at least two weeks notice would be required. I can also bring an entire setup, TV/Wii and all smash games but particularly P:M, and possibly recording device.

But it's like four hours away, so I need to know if it's worth the trip before making any plans.

Will be accepting any and all P:M money matches if I do go, though.
If I can find a venue, I'll be shooting for June 15th.
I was hoping to rent out the multipurpose room at the local highschool, but they quoted me over 2k for a day. -_-
I'll post more as I get details.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Dont pay to much for a venue for a tournament here. Nc/Sc smash isnt that big. if everyone put fourth effort you might get 20-25 for melee. Caleb ill do a project M money match if you go.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The area close enough to sc where hes hosting isnt. Ive been to about 5-6 tournament in charlette. 2 of which didnt have melee. the others didnt break 15. Might be big but the willingness to travel or compete isnt there.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey all, just thought I'd let you know that I took 2nd place in the NASCAR singing contest! I'll be singing God Bless America for the History Channel 300 race on May 25th. It should be televised on ABC at 2pm or so.

Top Bottom