• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sorry dude but DJNintendo and WarriorKnight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... Gimpyfish and Reflex.

And I know about all of that. i somewhat keep up with brawl.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Eric, sorry but shut up. first off, Reflex is not some icon, he's a friend of mine for about five years on now, and one of very few people who read and enjoy the stories I write (which is, you know, my actual ****ing life). and I can safely say his prime Bowser was LEAGUES above Gimpyfish. Way, way, way far above him. WK and DJN are another story, but come on, it's an insult for ANYONE to be lumped in with Gimpy imo. That'd be like comparing Ally's Snake to 313's.:troll:

Everyone in this thread STILL needs to learn to play Dominion. I'm bringing it to G6 and not playing a single game of Smash the whole time. People aren't ready for the FiveCardBishop strat. The FCB.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I never said Gimpy was close to Reflex Austin. That was 313. And I know reflex is your friend, you told me how you wish he stilled played Melee cuz of how amazing he was. And how he was one of the coolest smashers out there.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants to melee throwdown, you should hit me up. I've been playing with rc a ton and kinda want to see how I would do against some of you guys.

I can drive to wherever you are (in state) to smash for a bit.

Holla at me.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
No, but they do want a medical history, and a family history going back like 4 generations or some ****. I'm pretty sure they don't require a college degree, but I could be mistaken. I say this becuase a few of my friends here are doing this and they haven't gotten a degree yet, so

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This (brawl tourney today) is the second time I have watched Vince (of Charleston) completely dominate his opponents in Brawl. This man needs a challenge. He's really good imo, smart guy. So I want to see if I can get him to G6 or something and see how he does. If so, EVERY OTHER SC PLAYER NEEDS TO PLAY HIM.

Because I think he's best in state for Brawl at the moment. I would pay money to watch him and Devin play, I think it'd be some really good matches.

By the way, he mains Snake, but he likes Poke Trainer, Pikachu, and GameWatch a lot.
Wait, there are people who play Brawl in SC? And in Charleston, no less?

I thought there wasn't a Brawl scene in SC! I've been driving over to Georgia to play in Brawl tournies!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hi Huggles - I don't know you, I guess, but yes. College of Charleston has a scene. They tend to meet every weekend or every other from what I can tell. I went to one of their tourneys and got 2nd, and I'm absolute **** at Brawl (Melee player here)

last tourney I was at had about 22 entrants, blu ray player as a prize.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hi Huggles - I don't know you, I guess, but yes. College of Charleston has a scene. They tend to meet every weekend or every other from what I can tell. I went to one of their tourneys and got 2nd, and I'm absolute **** at Brawl (Melee player here)

last tourney I was at had about 22 entrants, blu ray player as a prize.
Nice! Haha, do you have to be a CofC student to enter (I'm at MUSC)? I'd love to play some people around here. Is there like a website or anything for it? I had no idea anyone else in SC even played Brawl, and I'm only meh at Melee, which seems to be the bigger scene around here (gotta go with Doc when I play though, in honor of being at MUSC haha).

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
lol not really, there is only me and KodiakBear in Charleston, one in Pawleys Island, a few in Columbia, a few upstate, and Florence. Maybe 10 total for Melee?

Brawl has a lot of people really but nobody ever really does anything. It's kind of an unorganized bunch who don't connect with each other, much like Melee was some time ago. I'm sure there's still Melee folks out there who aren't connected to us, too. If someone could somehow harness the untapped "energy" so to speak, there could be a Brawl scene here, but most people, like with Melee, just don't care enough. Something about South Carolina and "not quite giving any effort", I guess :(

Anyway, no, you don't have to be a student to enter, at least I wasn't enrolled during the latest one, which was run by an Anime Group of the college and was utterly terrible (projector, five stock, 1 match, single elim, no stage bans, meta banned) The others run by the players aren't really like that, though, and as I said they have kind of a "superstar" player named Vince, but the rest of them are pretty average.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
lol not really, there is only me and KodiakBear in Charleston, one in Pawleys Island, a few in Columbia, a few upstate, and Florence. Maybe 10 total for Melee?

Brawl has a lot of people really but nobody ever really does anything. It's kind of an unorganized bunch who don't connect with each other, much like Melee was some time ago. I'm sure there's still Melee folks out there who aren't connected to us, too. If someone could somehow harness the untapped "energy" so to speak, there could be a Brawl scene here, but most people, like with Melee, just don't care enough. Something about South Carolina and "not quite giving any effort", I guess :(

Anyway, no, you don't have to be a student to enter, at least I wasn't enrolled during the latest one, which was run by an Anime Group of the college and was utterly terrible (projector, five stock, 1 match, single elim, no stage bans, meta banned) The others run by the players aren't really like that, though, and as I said they have kind of a "superstar" player named Vince, but the rest of them are pretty average.

this is why I will always be the best player at USC

and this is why I'll beat you next time we play Austin

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Can you believe it's taken over a month and I still haven't gotten my screen name change? ****ing smashboards. Apparently people were "cheating the system" with premiums and they've been fixing it forever. I JUST WANT TO BE TRC AGAIN.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Dear Everyone in South Carolina,
I am from Florida and i will 10 dollar money match anyone. Up to 3 people. I'm pretty good and I want to play some people. I'm in Charlston South Carolina tonight and tmrw night for a wedding. I'm at the Marriott, i can drive if ur close. I didn't bring a controller, so i'd need to borrow one. call or (text any time).863 235 0486 - Will aka publix aka G.Love.

10 dollar money match anyone. or some friendlies, get at me.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Yep, sorry guys. But hey, try your luck at brawl, it's pretty much the same game. trollface.jpg

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, apparently I'm just another forgettable face. S'ok, it means I'll blend in with a crowd when I wanna disappear.

I live in Charleston, but I'm up in Clemson for Spring Break until tomorrow, so I wouldn't have been able to MM anyone, haha.

Top Bottom