• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Moving to Orangeburg for college , hopefully(more than likely...wayyyy more than likely) ill meet some of you guys cause I plan to compete in shizz :)

:phone:
The first eighteen years of my life belonged to Orangeburg. It's only an hour from Charleston and I visit there every now and again. I shall see you at some point if you wish it so.

wait, unless you're a brawl player. then we have little common ground to go on.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'm afraid I don't know anybody in Orangeburg or the capital, Columbia, who plays the game anymore. In fact, these days, I can say the same for both in a competitive sense.

Charleston, where I live, has a fairly active brawl scene in their college. I am not so much in their loop though, so it's difficult for me to find out when they play, and their tournaments and such. If I get wind of one, though, I will let you know.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I'm afraid I don't know anybody in Orangeburg or the capital, Columbia, who plays the game anymore. In fact, these days, I can say the same for both in a competitive sense.

Charleston, where I live, has a fairly active brawl scene in their college. I am not so much in their loop though, so it's difficult for me to find out when they play, and their tournaments and such. If I get wind of one, though, I will let you know.
Awesome, do you know what the SC smash scene is like in general. Or do you guys just go to other states for tournaments and such?

Nah I used to play Oli when I played brawl and I remember you.

swag, what do you do now?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
The charleston scene does not care about outsiders nor do they care about getting better in general. Eventually it will likely die out if it hasn't already.

SC in general is one of the worst states for all Smash games. Always has been, and I fear it always will be.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Damn this is gonna blow lol. Ill end up meeting a few of you though fo sho' . I plan on at least trying to be active, somewhere(over the rainbow).

Sidenote where are the majority of GA tournies held I'm wondering how far Orangeburg is from there.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Damn this is gonna blow lol. Ill end up meeting a few of you though fo sho' . I plan on at least trying to be active, somewhere(over the rainbow).

Sidenote where are the majority of GA tournies held I'm wondering how far Orangeburg is from there.

I usually go just outside of Atlanta for tournies (I go to school in Charleston, my parents live in the upstate so on weekends off I go visit home/go to a tourney occasionally).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298809

The venue they used at this tournament is the one they've been using a lot recently.

Huggles come to G6
Isn't that the one up in Charlotte? Monthlies right? Haha, I'll have to take a look and see. I might be able to make it over the summer at some point.

Top Bottom