• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Player -0

Smash Hero
Update important for Upstate Smashers!

The TO that brought you the Smash Carolina series is starting to host a weekly, starting THIS monday (5/16/16) come out to support so we can have these regularly!

Event Pages:
Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-16-2016-smash-place-maybe-weeklies-greenville-sc.436649/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1764267070476656/

Games (no doubles yet)
:
- 7 PM: Melee
- 7:30 PM: Smash 4 (Wii U)
- 7:30 PM: Project M (3.6 - last official)

Pricing:
- Venue Fee: $2
- Brackets (Per Game): $3

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Are weeklies still held at Ready to Play Trading Cards in Cayce? If so, what time do the weeklies start and is it worth showing up early / how many friendlies are played?

Player -0

Smash Hero
short answer yes

long answer I'll maybe update this post with info later but I'm not feeling it right now, sorry. You can always hit up the event page (linked from the FB group) yourself

DefectivDetectiv

Smash Rookie
Greetings, all! My name's DefectivDetectiv; (although some of you might remember me as BladerDaBrawler from a year or two back) I play Super Smash Bros for WiiU & 3DS, used to play Project M and Brawl, but I suck at them now. I'm currently a Cloud main, and am looking forward to potentially seeing you all at tournaments. Well, that's pretty much all there is to say about me :p

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey everyone, I've updated the OP! Do not let the lack of activity here fool you, SC Smash is 1000/10 thriving and very much alive! Its just that we've all moved to Facebook, haha. Its very active and has essentially replaced this thread. Still, feel free to use this! I'm just making it clear as possible that using this thread is currently a shadow of what it once was, sorta like a thread ghost-town.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Sup, just coming in to warn you guys i think i'm coming back into traveling, so uhhh prepare your bums for some fox/ganon destruction. Hopefully enough heads will exist so i can make my gas money back ;)

And hopefully you guys will return the favor and drift up to Greensboro every now and then so I can defend the turf.

Basica64

Smash Rookie
I just made an account and was curious if anyone plays in Charleston >.> it's a lonely smash players place

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
If anybody is looking for action, Donut Dub 1 is being held in early October. We're expecting a big crowd, so come out!!

We're also running a free crew battle bracket, so bring three friends for intense 4v4 action.

https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-i/details

Please register through smash.gg. You can also RSVP, participate in our rivalry registration, and keep up with updates through our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/271707019880831/

We're looking to secure a $250 pot prize and secure other prizes for our participants!

Last edited:

Metagaming

Smash Rookie
Hey guys it's been a while since I been on but was looking to see if any tournaments are still being held around the greenville area in sc

Player -0

Smash Hero
The local host (PES aka Phantom E-Sports) has moved the Friday weeklies to Furman due to a falling out (I think) with the old venue host.

Because of winter break stuff there won't be a weekly for the next two (maybe three, not sure) weeks at Furman. I believe there's another substitute location in the mean time but I'm not entirely sure.

But yeah upstate is still alive. I believe some are going to Winter Castle (in Georgia) on Saturday.

Join the facebook group! There should be a link on the first post

Last edited:

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Spike God, starring YP|Fatality is the second event in the Kennis Six Championship Series! Featuring three PGR players--Fatality, Noble|Ryo, and WaDi--this is already the most stacked Smash 4 event South Carolina has ever seen!

It's going to be lit.

Smash.gg/SpikeGod

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: June 10, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, Robinson Ballroom--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles

PRICES:
Tournament Fee: $10
Smash 4 Singles: $10
Smash 4 Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

POT DISTRIBUTION:

Smash 4 Singles (under 41 players):
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 Singles (if 41+ players):
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

SCHEDULE:
Doors open: 10AM
Doubles Registration close: 1145AM
Smash 4 Doubles: 12:30-2:45PM
Singles Registration close: 2:30PM
Smash 4 Singles: 3:30 - 6:30PM
Top 8: 7PM - END

STREAM:
Team Phoenix
https://twitch.tv/teamphoenixgg

Last edited:

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Updated the OP with a list of all Smash events currently confirmed from June-December 2017! Also added a quick note to the SC Group link. Despite the link being called SCMelee, it is indeed the main Smash Group and it includes ALL of the games. <3

I will begin to actively update the main thread. Although the FB group is the main place for you to go, I can understand if some of you would prefer to just come here instead to check out when tournaments are going to be happening. Big groups aren't everyone's thing and that's okay :). Besides since you're already here I might as well show you the tourny events anyway! Know that we'd love to have you in the group and you're always welcome to join.

As for me, I've returned to the scene once more. Glad to be back and I look forward to playing everyone. :)

Last edited:

Onyxical

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spadeless
Yeah, I haven't seen much from them there either. I'm in Florence and with all stuff being ~2 hours away, those were the closest to me.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I can't believe It's been almost 9 years since I started this thread. We've come a long way since then.

S.G.R

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm thinking/planing on starting up a place in Greenville, SC to house weekly Smash 4 tournaments, but first I have to see if there are enough people to sustain it. So, how many people are there in Greenville that would come to a weekly Smash 4 tournament?. Also how many people would come from outside Greenville to come to a weekly smash 4 tournament?. Once I have those numbers I can start on the calculations

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I miss it as well! As its creator I feel the best way to view it is as a beautiful relic of SC Smash's long history. I'd like to tell you all a bit about myself!

The first tag I ever had was Holymarth007 (that name predates this thread even) which I kept for around a year or so. When SSBB came out I decided to change the name to Kidd A year after SSBB came out I made a Youtube Channel that was meant for singing and voice acting. Well, I needed a stage name, and Kidd just wasn't going to cut it (talk about weird, right?) So the name Musical Mike was born! For awhile I would keep Musical Mike on Youtube, and then Kidd in Brawl. I never garnered any success under the tag Kidd, but Youtube was a bit of a different story. Although I'm by no means famous, I was able to amass 2,400 subscribers on Youtube. It was at that point that I realized that it would be weird for me to keep calling myself Kidd in SSBB because the vast majority of people who knew who I was called me Musical Mike. I scrapped Kidd and kept Musical Mike!

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
So is facebook where we find events in SC. Facebook makes you work to find events. Also, I remember you as Kidd as well.

Last edited:

Khalifious

Smash Rookie
Do anyone know what's going on in SC as far as smash ultimate tournaments looking for something around Greenville to Anderson area?

Top Bottom