• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (Official) Sora Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Playstation 3 would be a stupid choice to place Kingdom Hearts 3, due to it failing lol. Hopefully it ports to Wii. Where it belongs... Then again maybe the Wii can't handle KH3.

ON TOPIC: SORA 4 brawl!!!1223

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
How does Sora have any importance to the history of Nintendo to deserve it at all?
If we're adding Characters because of importance to the History of Nintendo we wouldent have Diddy Kong or Snake. and possibly Pit or the Iceclimbers (if we're doing recent history)

The original Smash game was "all your favorite nintendo mascots fighting!" or somthin like that....

We've obviously Ditched that. Brawl is open to prettymuch anyone that has ever stared in a game on a Nintendo Console. that would include Sora.

If Snake can make it in.. Sora can too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we're adding Characters because of importance to the History of Nintendo we wouldent have Diddy Kong or Snake. and possibly Pit or the Iceclimbers (if we're doing recent history)

The original Smash game was "all your favorite nintendo mascots fighting!" or somthin like that....

We've obviously Ditched that. Brawl is open to prettymuch anyone that has ever stared in a game on a Nintendo Console. that would include Sora.

If Snake can make it in.. Sora can too.
You believe Diddy didn't have any importance to Nintendo history?

Sure Snake did, but that was an acception (Since he knew the creator and all that)

Diddy starred in 2 games of the DKC series, being the main in one. The DKC series boosted the Donkey Kong franchise to being the 3rd best selling (Back then, it was the second though) Nintendo franchise of all time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As Black/Light has pointed out before this whole "They have to have importance to Nintendo" is a fan made rule.

I don't really think Sora will make it, but he has a possibility. I'd love to see him.

finalark

SNORLAX
Playstation 3 would be a stupid choice to place Kingdom Hearts 3, due to it failing lol. Hopefully it ports to Wii. Where it belongs... Then again maybe the Wii can't handle KH3.

ON TOPIC: SORA 4 brawl!!!1223
Actually KH III is actually a spin off prequel that's going to be on the PSP and it's going to be called Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Back on topic: All of the characters in Brawl are ether in there because/for

A: Promotion, that's the only reason why Roy was in SSBM

B: Popular demand, Wario anyone?

C: Important to Nintendo's history, most characters in Brawl have been in some famous Nintendo games. Except Snake, I know he's third-party but how is he important? (Then again, the first MG game was on the NES...)

Sora doesn't fall into any of these, well, except B perhaps. I don't know how popular KH is in Japan.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still think a KHIII will appear on one of the consoles. Hopefully the Wii and not the PS3. (I don't want to waste my money.)

ChosenHeart

Smash Rookie
Sora Defender!

Sora, 4 brawl all the way! :)
Sora would have the perfect moveset and meet that cartoony theme that Nintendo is crazy about.

i am 110% 4 sora and i am ready to face any body that says Sora is terrible for Super Smash!! :mad:

Get ready Geno fans!!! :chuckle:

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
You believe Diddy didn't have any importance to Nintendo history?

Sure Snake did, but that was an acception (Since he knew the creator and all that)

Diddy starred in 2 games of the DKC series, being the main in one. The DKC series boosted the Donkey Kong franchise to being the 3rd best selling (Back then, it was the second though) Nintendo franchise of all time.
Sorry if i was wrong. I've never owned a donkey kong game all I really meant is that if we're getting history important characters, we're getting prettymuch only lead characters.

Thanks for proving me wrong/correcting me.

Actually KH III is actually a spin off prequel that's going to be on the PSP and it's going to be called Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Back on topic: All of the characters in Brawl are ether in there because/for

A: Promotion, that's the only reason why Roy was in SSBM

B: Popular demand, Wario anyone?

C: Important to Nintendo's history, most characters in Brawl have been in some famous Nintendo games. Except Snake, I know he's third-party but how is he important? (Then again, the first MG game was on the NES...)

Sora doesn't fall into any of these, well, except B perhaps. I don't know how popular KH is in Japan.
Birth by Sleep is KHIII as much as CoM is KHII...

Kingdom Hearts Three will be well.. Kingdom Herats III
and will be on a major console. theres no way the real KHIII would only show up on PSP given its popularity.

And if Sora got in Brawl. KHIII will probably come out for Wii.

We already have Square games and Disney games coming out for nintendo handhelds and stuff. so we're about halfway there.

BbS is what we thought would be Kingdom Hearts III based on the Secret end movies there will be a title called KHIII. and it'll take place after KH II. not before it like Birth by sleep.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Birth by Sleep is KHIII as much as CoM is KHII...

Kingdom Hearts Three will be well.. Kingdom Herats III
and will be on a major console. theres no way the real KHIII would only show up on PSP given its popularity.

And if Sora got in Brawl. KHIII will probably come out for Wii.

We already have Square games and Disney games coming out for nintendo handhelds and stuff. so we're about halfway there.

BbS is what we thought would be Kingdom Hearts III based on the Secret end movies there will be a title called KHIII. and it'll take place after KH II. not before it like Birth by sleep.
You are very much correct. the REAL KH 3 aint the PSP game. The PSP game looks to be in the ranks of the DS and Phone game (as in, them making lil hand held games well playing the waiting game to see what console KH3 will do best on. . . Wii seems like the most logical one seeing how it's crushed the ps3).

And refering to finalark's list. . .

And I hate refering to the journal but Sora was high on the replies list about 3rd parties. We have no idea how wanted he is for brawl when it comes to that journal but post for him were replied to by Sakurai. . . enuff so to get him pretty high on the reply list.

And he could prove to be a early advertizement for the DS and Wii KH (if and when the Wii gets a KH game).

And just so that everyone knows, MGS started on the MSX, not the Nintendo.

ChosenHeart

Smash Rookie
alright kay, i just had a crazy idea, what happens if sora becomes in assist trophy? we can settle for that cant we? we all know the chances of sora being in ssb are pretty slim, so it will work out almost just as well! :|

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
alright kay, i just had a crazy idea, what happens if sora becomes in assist trophy? we can settle for that cant we? we all know the chances of sora being in ssb are pretty slim, so it will work out almost just as well! :|
I wouldn't care if he was a sticker, as long as he gets in that would be good enough for me lol.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
If he got in as anything other than a PC then i wouldent be too happy. But if he did it'd be a good chance for him to be in the next game. Pit was a trophy in Melee.

Personaly I think we shouldent be thinking about the negative.

Okay. early in this thread. we prettymuch figured out that Sora is owned by Disney. I recently went to gamestop. There we're free handouts of recent/coming up games (Brawl was in there :D nothing special though. just a coming soon thing). There was an entire page of Disney games. one. friggin. page.

Zorya

Smash Ace
That's kinda pointless. There's no point on having Sora as an AT. He already doesn't have much to do with Nintendo anyway.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I would love Sora to be in, but I really don't see it ever happening, he has only been in one game on a Nintendo platform, Chain of Memories for the GBA, and that was later ported to the PS2 with better graphics, even though they pushed the GBA past it's limits with that one. Also the upcoming spin-off of Roxas for the DS, 285/2 or something like that. Sora is more Sony than Nintendo, so I doubt he'll make it. Nice idea, but just not likely at all, even if the next installment is for the Wii after Birth by Sleep on the PSP there will also be one for the PS3 and it's awesome graphics ability that you know Square-Enix will take full advantage of, it still won't happen.

As you can see from my avatar, I love Sora, I've loved all 3 of his major games so far, and I can't wait till the next installments, but even I don't see this happening. He'll get on the SSB Final Fantasy rip-off for the PSP before getting into Brawl.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea, but like many of you, I don't see it happening. I won't get my hopes up but I am happy that Sora was even mentioned as a potential third-party character candidate. Sure I would love to use Sora in Brawl, but perhaps it's a little idealistic right now.

Who knows what will happen in the next two months. Sakurai has little time to actually consider it and hopefully not rush a confirmation or whatnot. I'm going to wait and see, and regardless of whether Sora is in Brawl or not, I will always be a Kingdom Hearts and Sora fan, and I will enjoy Brawl when it is released.

i would just die if sora got in... from being soooo happy! Oh my gosh what would his final smash be??? *hopes its a riku summon or something*

Yeah I like Riku so what, wanna fight about it?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I thought about this potential. Say Sakurai includes Sora in Brawl. Then I think the moveset should look something like this (it's all tentative and just personal opinion):

Neutral A - a regular Keyblade slash, with additional slashes for a combo. [3-4% her hack]

Forward Tilt A - Slapshot (KHII ability): what it says; Sora slaps the enemy multiple times for decent damage with little knockback. [4-5% per hack]

Up Tilt A - another simple slash, but with an upward movement; little knockback but good for setting up combos. [9-11%]

Down Tilt A - Upper Slash (KHII ability): knocks the enemy up, setting up combo possibilities. [6-9%]

Dash A - Slide Dash (KHII ability): just like his KHII ability, closes in on his target and whacks him/her/it with the Keyblade; has a slight lag, kind of like Marth/Roy's dash attack in Melee. [9-11%]

Foward Smash - Blitz (KHI ability): a powerful hack with good damage and good knockback. [20-25%]

Up Smash - Ragnarok (KHI ability): not quite as powerful as in the game, but a series of upward slashes much like Link's up smash. [6-8% per hack; potentially up to 24-28% when fully charged]

Down Smash - Vortex (KHI ability): a lagged attack that has high priority, decent range, good damage and knockback and leaves Sora slightly impervious to opposing knockbacks. [16-20%]

Neutral B - A random magic spell (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Reflect ). [7-10%]

Forward B - Strike Raid (KHI ability): throws his Keyblade with decent range; similar to Link's boomerang but slower, more powerful and limited homing ability. [11-15%]

Up B - Aerial Dodge (KHII ability): gives Sora a good vertical recovery but hard to sweet spot. [0%]

Down B - Explosion (KHII ability): a mid-range attack with decent damage but subpar knockback; a juggling attack with multiple magic balls around Sora. [2-3% per hit; potentially up to 18-22%]

Neutral Air - Aerial Spiral (KHII ability): flips in midair while exposing his Keyblade. [9-12%]

Forward Air - a forward-moving slash, much like Sora's aerial neutral attack in KHII -- a slash in front of him. [10-12%]

Back Air - A simple aerial roundhouse kick with decent knockback and little lag. [8-11%]

Up Air - Aerial Sweep (KHII ability): has some upward movement with little lag; good damage and potential aerial finisher. [12-15%]

Grab - just a simple grab with his other hand. [0%]

Grab + Attack - bash the grabbed enemy with the handle of the Keyblade. [2-3%]

Forward Throw - releases the enemy and whacks it with the Keyblade. [6-8%]

Back Throw - similar to Marth/Roy's back throw in Melee. [4-6%]

Up Throw - similar to the forward throw but upwards. [6-8%]

Down Throw - Sora leaps and slams the enemy towards the ground. What I had in mind was one of his Reaction commands against one of the Nobodies called Fail-Safe. [6-8%]

Taunt 1 - Cloud's victory fanfare
Taunt 2 - Tidus's victory fanfare
Taunt 3 - Squall's victory fanfare

Final Smash - Trinity Limit: a little mix of Sonic and Link's Final Smashes, dealing out massive damage with very good knockback and Sora's speed increases.

Costumes:
Default - Kingdom Hearts II (mostly black) - Kingdom Key
Kingdom Hearts I (White top, red bottom) - Oathkeeper
Valor Form (all red) - Sleeping Lion
Wisdom Form (all blue) - Fenrir
Master Form (all yellow) - Oblivion
Final Form (all white) - Ultima Weapon

Of course, the Keyblade change doesn't mean more or less range, power or knockback.

---

Yes, I've spent a lot of time on this, and yet, Sora may not be confirmed to be even in the game. Any changes or criticisms welcome.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Sora fans realize his chances are very low, but because Kingdom Hearts is so awesome we are fine with it.
Can't wait to play 368/2 days & birth by sleep. (idk about coded though >.>)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Hmm, I thought about this potential. Say Sakurai includes Sora in Brawl. Then I think the moveset should look something like this (it's all tentative and just personal opinion):

Neutral A - a regular Keyblade slash, with additional slashes for a combo. [3-4% her hack]

Forward Tilt A - Slapshot (KHII ability): what it says; Sora slaps the enemy multiple times for decent damage with little knockback. [4-5% per hack]

Up Tilt A - another simple slash, but with an upward movement; little knockback but good for setting up combos. [9-11%]

Down Tilt A - Upper Slash (KHII ability): knocks the enemy up, setting up combo possibilities. [6-9%]

Dash A - Slide Dash (KHII ability): just like his KHII ability, closes in on his target and whacks him/her/it with the Keyblade; has a slight lag, kind of like Marth/Roy's dash attack in Melee. [9-11%]

Foward Smash - Blitz (KHI ability): a powerful hack with good damage and good knockback. [20-25%]

Up Smash - Ragnarok (KHI ability): not quite as powerful as in the game, but a series of upward slashes much like Link's up smash. [6-8% per hack; potentially up to 24-28% when fully charged]

Down Smash - Vortex (KHI ability): a lagged attack that has high priority, decent range, good damage and knockback and leaves Sora slightly impervious to opposing knockbacks. [16-20%]

Neutral B - A random magic spell (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Reflect ). [7-10%]

Forward B - Strike Raid (KHI ability): throws his Keyblade with decent range; similar to Link's boomerang but slower, more powerful and limited homing ability. [11-15%]

Up B - Aerial Dodge (KHII ability): gives Sora a good vertical recovery but hard to sweet spot. [0%]

Down B - Explosion (KHII ability): a mid-range attack with decent damage but subpar knockback; a juggling attack with multiple magic balls around Sora. [2-3% per hit; potentially up to 18-22%]

Neutral Air - Aerial Spiral (KHII ability): flips in midair while exposing his Keyblade. [9-12%]

Forward Air - a forward-moving slash, much like Sora's aerial neutral attack in KHII -- a slash in front of him. [10-12%]

Back Air - A simple aerial roundhouse kick with decent knockback and little lag. [8-11%]

Up Air - Aerial Sweep (KHII ability): has some upward movement with little lag; good damage and potential aerial finisher. [12-15%]

Grab - just a simple grab with his other hand. [0%]

Grab + Attack - bash the grabbed enemy with the handle of the Keyblade. [2-3%]

Forward Throw - releases the enemy and whacks it with the Keyblade. [6-8%]

Back Throw - similar to Marth/Roy's back throw in Melee. [4-6%]

Up Throw - similar to the forward throw but upwards. [6-8%]

Down Throw - Sora leaps and slams the enemy towards the ground. What I had in mind was one of his Reaction commands against one of the Nobodies called Fail-Safe. [6-8%]

Taunt 1 - Cloud's victory fanfare
Taunt 2 - Tidus's victory fanfare
Taunt 3 - Squall's victory fanfare

Final Smash - Trinity Limit: a little mix of Sonic and Link's Final Smashes, dealing out massive damage with very good knockback and Sora's speed increases.

Costumes:
Default - Kingdom Hearts II (mostly black) - Kingdom Key
Kingdom Hearts I (White top, red bottom) - Oathkeeper
Valor Form (all red) - Sleeping Lion
Wisdom Form (all blue) - Fenrir
Master Form (all yellow) - Oblivion
Final Form (all white) - Ultima Weapon

Of course, the Keyblade change doesn't mean more or less range, power or knockback.

---

Yes, I've spent a lot of time on this, and yet, Sora may not be confirmed to be even in the game. Any changes or criticisms welcome.

Only rwo problems I see is the lack of a green outfit (With Mickey's Keyblade?), the Change of keyblade in the classic outfit and your neutral B. personaly I think neutral B is the hardest part to come up with. explosion would make a good downsmash too. maybe a defensive attack?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
yeah maybe he should have Reaction as one of his moves which could be similar to Roy or Marth's counter attack.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
If Sora got in only as an AT or Sticker it would probably piss me off more than him not even being in the game.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yeah. Sora needs a defense move. but which one though? someone help me out.

If we have defense.

Neutral Special= Explosion

Side Special = Key raid

Down Special = Reaction Command

Up Special = Cant decide.

I just thought of somthing though. for the "Recation Command" thing, couldent they just give him a special Reaction Comand for Brawl?

oh. and Reversal or Dodge Roll for for ground dodges? im going to say reversal.

8 Pages \/\/ ( ) ( ) 7

Can someone make a Green Suit Image for me? If you can use this picture That'd Be nice

finalark

SNORLAX
He could cast reflect as a Down B, and Super Ninja, you seem to have forgotten that Sora can cast magic as well as attack. Just throwing it out there.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I know sora can use magic. I didnt use it too often in the KH games (except for Cure but we all know sora isnt getting that as a move)

The last thing I want is another Link Style moveset. A attacks= Sword B attacks=Magic ect.

Im open to sugjestions

I like the use of Magic Spells for Defense thing though.

Fire in KHII= The suckage

finalark

SNORLAX
I know sora can use magic. I didnt use it too often in the KH games (except for Cure but we all know sora isnt getting that as a move)

The last thing I want is another Link Style moveset. A attacks= Sword B attacks=Magic ect.

Im open to sugjestions

I like the use of Magic Spells for Defense thing though.

Fire in KHII= The suckage
Actually, Fire saved me many times when I way playing proud.

Well, here is my Move list:

B: Fire, KH 1 style, Sora shoots a fireball out of the end of his Keyblade

B + Up: That one attack that name I have forgotten where Sora jumps and then spins in the air, I think it was called vortex or something like that.

B+ Down: Reflect: It doesn't damage the other players but it temporally protects Sora from damage and it reflects ranged attacks.

Smash B: Strike Raid: Sora throws his Keyblade and then it appears back into his hand.

Final Smash: Final Form: combine Super Sonic, minus the ramming into part, and Wario-Man and you'll get what effect this has.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Sora is a tank, Reflect, and reactions = win. not to mention cure.

but Sora could have reflect instead to knock projects back, but instead of like fox's you can't keep it up forever.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Squall would be a better FF rep than Sora.

I got a ? for the ppl here who've played the first Kingdom Hearts. Where you able to beat Squall in Traverse town when you first encounter him?
I've proved my point.

finalark

SNORLAX
Um, Zorya, we're talking about a Kingdom Hearts Rep, not trying to be rude or anything of the sort but...

Nope, I wasn't able to beat him, but my buddy on the other hand...

Zorya

Smash Ace
Um, Zorya, we're talking about a Kingdom Hearts Rep, not trying to be rude or anything of the sort but...

Nope, I wasn't able to beat him, but my buddy on the other hand...
I mean, in a way, Sora is still a FF rep. Overall, a square rep. There aren't gonna be 2 Square reps in Brawl....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Has Squall even appeared on a Nintendo console? If he hasn't, than him making it in over Sora is laughable. Sure Sora doesn't have that great of a chance of making it, but if Squall hasn't been on a Nintendo console than his chances are 0%.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Squall would be a better FF rep than Sora.

I got a ? for the ppl here who've played the first Kingdom Hearts. Where you able to beat Squall in Traverse town when you first encounter him?
I've proved my point.
No, Sora is a better representation for this game. He has the physical appearance and the storyline fit for Brawl.

Yes, beating Squall (or Leon, as he called himself) was easy. Just hit the Fire attack back at him and then combo him, run away, and repeat until he falls.

---

Back on topic, I guess my little moveset was missing a defensive move. I was leaning towards Reflect, but do the broken shards damage surrounding enemies? I think Neutral B should be the defensive move, kind of like Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom