• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, why is it so darn hard to imagine Snake's Up B??? Though, I still want answers to the whole rocket being shot downward off the edge thing...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys if u check the 2nd trailer, right after u c "SNAKE", and after the punch x2, kick combo, u can c he does what I call an axe kick to link, notice hes jumpin and doing the attack (u can barely c him jumpin, but u can) l8r, when mario, link, wario and snake are on the yoshis island stage, notice he does the same attack but does not jump, and gets hit by marios smashA, now an A attack that u can do on the ground AND in the air? doubt it, I believe its his UpB, like link for example, when he does the spin attak on the ground he just stays there and does it, but in the air he does it way diferent, same with snake, on the ground he just does the axe kick, but on the air he propels himself upward and does the kick, thus, I believe its his upB... if anyone wants to debate this then lets get in on XD...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Though the beginning of that clip doesn't show him standing on a platform, more like the move was already executed... It could of been a short hop attack for all it matters...

Darth Demonous

Smash Rookie
It might of been a short hop from the way it looks. The down kick might either be up B or ariel down A. The rocket thing in the trailor might be his down B attack, but I think it might be used as an ariel recovery(like Link's spin attack) so that could be up B. I think his all out super smash attack would be like he sneaks behind everyone really fast and plants a C4 behind them then detonates.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm certain the rocket was in down smash--whenever a character does a smash attack, there is a sparkle on their person somewhere. Snake gets this sparkle right before he fires the rocket. Hence, smash attack.

Shotogon

Smash Cadet
His ^b should be somthing like C Falcons. It would be nice. My friends were thinking about his grab being a grapple gun like link but its gotta be CQC. They dont play much MGS. But im a HUGE fan. I believe the rocket down is stupid but maybe. I dont know if someone said anything about the stealth camo or his camo system.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know, I never knew, nor cared about the guy known as Solid Snake, but now that he's going to be in Brawl, I want to know more about him, including buying Metal Gear Solid games!

RedXIII304

Smash Rookie
The Japanese trailer showed the punch-punch-kick combo, the rocket launcher, and a run then dive into a slide to prone. it's on Youtube

Stryks

Smash Hero
Maybe he'll be like samus: Heavy but floaty at the same time, I for one am dying to try out snake, not before pit and metaknight, but If everything goes well, snake will be my 3rd, with being my 1st and mario my second XD

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I'm hoping his moveset will be good, I can see him being more powerful than Captain Falcon ( I would hate if Falcon is still in the God-Tier.)I also love the Metal Gear series the story is complex, and all the gameplay is awesome. He would be my second because Sonic would be my first.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I can kinda tell about the sonic part lol...

Anyway heres hoping (even though I doubt it highly) we get snake and some screenshots soon in the smashros.com site

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Snake being floaty may not be all that bad. I thnk he is going to be a juggler. His aerial axe kick and grounded leg lift (Up A) look like perfect setups and/or continuations for juggiling. And I am sure his throws will launch the character into juggilign distance.

His grenades could also help by adding stun effects. I say Snake will have a mixed ground game (with medium hits with low to medium power to laggy hits with increased power), but will have a nice air game. And plenty of weapons to add stratgy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
one thing i noticed that bugged me was his second jump. i thought he would do some cool aerial move like a flip, but you can see during Pit's stage when all the platforms are crumbling that he jumps once, then a little white thing appears at his feet and he jumps again. that is not what snake can do. he's got to have something cooler than a white light

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of him having a rocket jump for his upB. I think it would be neat if his grenades were random types sort of like peaches turnips. Explosive, White phosphorus(fire) stun, and chaff(which would do either noting or disiable mechanical equip. I think it would be funny if it did nothing.) Im sure his dash attack is a dive roll, since it has been in every MGS game. I hope when he grabs people, he turns them around so its like he has them in a choke hold as is in every MGS game. Snake was a character I secretly hopd would be in the game but never expected :D

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hahaha I love that pic, no matter how many times I c it I still laught :D

I dont want snake to have all of his Bmoves be part of explosives, Im hoping his UPb IS the Axe kick in the second trailer, to me that would fit well to his karate style and all...

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Rando Comments:

I'm going to main Snake in SSBB and seeing Snake in the E3 trailer was the final push it took for me to buy the Wii.

When the character, music, stage suggestion thing was up about a year ago I suggested Solidus Snake. He would be a very unique character, and quite easy to come up with a moveset for.

I'm not opposed to clones in the game, and it would make sense for some MGS clones because Snake is a Clone. I would accept a luigified Big Boss and Liquid Snake with open arms.

Items:

I am a fan of the Goldeneye Prox Mine (MSB) and the Perfect Dark Cloak, but if Rare doesn't allow Hal to use those items in SSBB I'm sure that they can be replaced with Claymores and the Cardboard Box (or Camo) from the MG series respectively. The Cardboard Box would add a bit of humor to game compared to the the stealth camo.

Moves:

I'm not sure if the box will be Snake's shield. In the Nintendo World movie he kicks Pit upward and rolls into a position where he blasts Pit with his potential Downsmash...wouldn't he have manuevered behind Pit in a box if he used his box as a shield (similiar to Yoshi and his egg)? (If the Shffft move is a new technique then it is possible that I'm blantantly wrong here...also wrong if it is some technique that I don't know about that exists in SSBM...and if so please let me know how to do it ;) )

Maybe for his Up B (Down B perhaps?) he could whip out rocket launcher (Stinger, Nikta) and shoot it downwards: using the kick back to propel him upwards while smiting enemies below him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt we'll get 2 3rd party characters, and even less from the same series, as I see it where getting:

1.- Snake (Konami/Metal gear series)
2.- Sonic (SEGA/Sonic series)
3.- Megaman (Capcom/Megaman series)

Now if sakurai gives us 2 characters per company, Id be one happy man, and since we only got the twin snakes on the GC (I know there are NES titles, but the GC is better) Im sure we would get Gray fox, which is the obvious choice IMO for a 2nd MG character...

Stryks

Smash Hero
If by and act of god we got 2 MG characters, gray fox has to get in, the dude is uber fast with the sword, prepare urselfs: a sheik like character with marths long range, the most broken character in history XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
OH god no, besides he never appeard in a nintenco console, rite??

Meh so what if Grey fox died, didnt shaow mosses blow up after MGS? yet we got a stage rite? :p simply put gray fox is da **** XD

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Vamp wouldn't fit in. Who could be able to touch gray fox anyways. Wait I saw this video on MGS3 when Raiden was going through time and then BOOM he was on the gameboy. So he reversed time to be on the Nintendo when actually all he was trying to do was kill snake. Anyone seen that video? But back on topic. Grey Fox would be in the immediate God characters.

Spetsnaz GRU

Smash Rookie
grab- choking position

grab down- body slam

grab right- the throw he does to ninja on the twin snakes when he throws him throug the glass on after the boss fight

cant think of a grab left throw though

Stryks

Smash Hero
True maybe u see gray fox slicing up some soldiers (with no blood or anything u know the deal) in the Bg and he uses the camo, hoping we see metal gear too...

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that Snake is going to be very interesting to play as. But it also makes us wonder what his moves will be and how powerful he is....we will find out soon. Well, until they anounce (soz for spelling) the release date in the E3 which is an enclosed event, or something like that

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I cannot wait to use Snake, it got me to find out he out of everyone showed up, not saying its a bad thing I actually think its great thing. His moveset, his stage, his items (maybe rations, box, ect) and how Kirby will look taking his powers.... Imagine Kirby with a rocket launcher and a mullet.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
man with this new batch of characters, i wonder what kirby will look like. i'm scared to see zero suit kirby!

but kirby with a mullet...that's just insane enough to be completely hillarious

Top Bottom