• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Everyone's special has some luster to it, some eye candy, at least to an extent, I cannot see them giving snake some grab and choke as a special. Especially since Kojima would have a heart attack if Snake wasn't properly represented.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no, leave it to a throw. that is probably what his grab will be anyway, and the attack will be his neck choke.

and i think that is how snake will walk, not a start-up to an attack. the distance between them doesn't seem to look like an attack. but it looks freakin cool.

snake pawns over all!

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
no, leave it to a throw. that is probably what his grab will be anyway, and the attack will be his neck choke.

and i think that is how snake will walk, not a start-up to an attack. the distance between them doesn't seem to look like an attack. but it looks freakin cool.

snake pawns over all!
I agree, I think that would be the WORST special ever, not just for Snake, but period.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, i'm wondering what his special will be. But anyway, Snake is kick-***! Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite video game series. MGS2 in particular. I just wish that we could've played as Snake more in that game.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
snakes super would obviously be summoning the jehuty from zone of the enders and having it slice and blast the s**t out of everything.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
If by "Special" you mean "Super", then that move would suck ***. But I was thinking >B. Does this clarify?
No, I understood that part. >B is a special, one that noone else has. No, it doesn't help anything, its still not a good idea.

_Snake_

Smash Apprentice
Snake is not very acrobatic. The only game in which Solid Snake has acrobatic moves is The Twins Snakes, and that version is not considered canon. Anyways, does anyone here play MGO?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wish I did...

Do you think the cardboard box is just going to be a shield, or will he be able to walk around with it or something of the sort?

icymatt

Smash Lord
My idea was that his DownB would have him hiding in the box, being able to sneak around in the background for a few seconds(losing speed and the ability to jump.)

Crom

Smash Journeyman
MGS3:S Online.
Yeah, I play it, but not consistently.

I would prefer a normal block over a bubble sheild or cardboard box, but I would be OK with a cardboard box for a sheild as long as it makes the equip noise from MGS every time you block. I woulden't want it to be incorparated into his moveset at all though, it's cool and everything but there could be something better than whatever moveslot it would take up.

How about this, he has a normal badass taunt, like a salute, cig, or something, but then on his stage, he can do 2 special taunts. One would be codec call to Colonel Campbell, the other could be he puts on the box. Maybe that could give him a small, funny sort of advantage if theres other box's on the stage that look the same as him, so it might get someone off gaurd if theyre not paying attention the same way you might be able to spike someone with luigi's taunt if theyre not paying attention

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I found an interesting concept for a humorous Super Smash Attack for Snake, but I think due to content I shouldn't post it here...

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
yea personally i like Big boss or the Original Sanke better than solid snake and i have twin snakes its a great game if dont have it already go and try to find one but my Favortie MGS game is MGS3 S

i think his taunt wil be the codec save thing you know the "would you like to save snake?" and he gos "yea" lol

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yea, MGS3 was really great. A little weird compared to the others. But my favorite MGS game and also one of my favorite games of all time is MGS2. Even though we didn't get to play as Snake long (and had to play as Raiden), I thought the storyline was great.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Wait, if the cardboard box was his sheild, what would his rolls be? I think it would fit best as an intro onto the battlefeild or as a secret taunt

100links

Smash Ace
his taunt should be that codec thing it malfunctions and when he trys to talk to octagon (i think thats his name) but instead he hears peppy and peppy says "DO A BARREL ROLL FOX!" and then snakes like "wtf?" :ohwell:

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I'm thinking Snake's super would be him calling in a Metal Gear and firing off nuclear missiles randomly all over the stage, that would be so freakin' cool.

As for his taunt, I have several ideas as to what I think it should be:

Snake busts out with a cig and lighter lighting the cig, taking a hit then letting the smoke out then quickly putting the cig and lighter back up. I'd say the animation should take.... 5 seconds?

Snake does a Salute.

*random codec call* then Snake answers according to what the person tells him. There should be some serious ones and funny ones, it would be a cool idea.

Snake points out and says, "Do you have what it takes rookie?"

OK, good enough for now, haha. Um, As for the box... I'm thinking it shouldn't be incorporated within his moveset, I honestly think that would be a dumb idea, if anything, it should be his shield, or just not have a box @ all.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think snake's taunt should be him taking a cig out, he lights it, then as he is about to suck it in, he realizes it is a nintendo games, and exclamation appears above his head, and he quickly puts it out. he would have this "oh ****, what have i done" face.

ntpetit

Smash Cadet
Snakes up-B should be a high tech grabbling hook. Imagine links hookshot, except about 2.5 times the length, Oh, and it should give you alittle boost vertically before you launch it, sort of like the delay before sheik disappears, how you can manipulate that little jump is amazing

Oh, and we all know snakes N-air should be a sex kick =P

Top Bottom