• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official, Seriously Guys, I Dont Know Everything, Thread

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
As the title implies, I dont know everything there is to know about Wolf. If you ever have a question about Wolf, you dont need to ask me, there are plenty of other competent Wolf players on these boards. To name a few:

Everlasting Yayuhzz
K-9
Captain Sa10
Kashakunaki
Patinator
GERM
Candy
Dguy
Juggalo
Snadmonkey

This is not saying dont ask me anything anymore, just, I'm not quite sure how to put it. I guess K-9 is to be quoted, "Kosk is not the M2K of Wolf". And its just that. I just wanted to let you all know that I was not given the Triforce of Wisdom at birth.

/rant.

All this being said, I now proclaim this a question and answer thread, you ask a question, and hopefully myself or any of the above members can answer it for you.

-Koskinator

§witch

Smash Lord
KOSK! I think you forgot someone! Lol, I haven't been active here as of late. As finals are coming up I'll be more active later. And yes, Kosk is ********, and can't handle all the questions xP.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Kosk, was some of this inspired by a certain thread's request to face you? lol

Anyways, I just want to fight someone quite skilled with Wolf, doesn't matter who it is. I feel like I can't improve right now.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
To be honest, never read any challenge by you directed towards me, but I'm good to play right now if you'd like, just post back with your FC. Mine is over there <---------

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Lol settle down letterbomb, no need to get all emotional on me. I didn't include you because as of late, you haven't exactly proven yourself to be a competent Wolf player, and even when you did post here, the only thread I can recall you ever making was "Letterbombs list of people with nothing better to do than whine". Case closed, jury your dismissed, bailiff, you may arrest the accused. XP

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Alright then Koskinator, my friend code is 1504-5367-2005. I never did offer you a challenge by the way, but I guess you could count this as one. I'll host alright? And if you want we can discuss via PM.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I SD'd so much. But overall, you outplayed me. Good games Koskinator.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
I have to say, you are the most active, Kosk, so you get the bigger slice of cake. mmm... cake....

Anyway, I can say that there are LOTS of competent Wolf players (they will be here, at the Wolf boards.). Feel free to not ask Kosk a question and ask ... well... anyone with a post count of at least 50, been here since before Brawl, etc.

By the way, I missed the whole semi-scar ordeal... (and the guide wasn't the most clear) how do you do it? and is it AS useful as regular ol' scarring?

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Semi-scar is done by holding down while doing side-B. You'll go through the stage as long as you're not too low and are close enough. It's as useful, but it's easier to punish then a normal scar (at least in my experience), but it since semi-scar exists, it makes the opponent decide whether you're going to scar or just going to grab the ledge.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
That's Debatable.
Thats true it is debatable since semi-scarring does allow you to scar pretty much any stage, expect a select few, but can also set you up for punish meant if not set up correctly and scarring gives you a bit more safety just due to the fact the opponent can't really react as easily to a normal scar.

Thanks for the recognition as well Kos. I have been here for awhile lol.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
semi-scars are a lot less predictable since your opponent doesnt know if you're about to grab the edge or go through it and hit them with it. A normal scar is so easy to predict

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nice to see me on the list.

Spread the love.

EDIT: After reading the above post I feel I must interject a few things:

1. I found that out with anyone else's help. Just feel like saying that. I've been in a mode of independence lately.

2. It works, surprisingly, better on lighter characters such as Pit and Metaknight.

3. Vice versa, it doesn't work on heavy characters such as Snake. My recommendation is Bair > Grab as they usually shield after the Bair. Or if you predict a sidestep, Upsmash.

4. I think that's all.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Sesshomaruonoy, u can SH fast fall an then use the C-stick to do the BAIR right before u hit the ground. It'll make it a lot easier to do =)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
are there any techs with wolf that every wolf player should know?
well the few advanced techniques that any wolf player should know is the following:

Scarring- Simply one of your best ways to recovering back on to stage with out much fear of a edgeguard.

Semi-scarring- your second option in the ability of scarring, which allows you to a pretty much guaranteed scar on most ledges, but it's tryicky since you have to actually have some alignment with the edge in order to properly execute it.

0 Lag Fairs- Basically jumping while simultaneously using Fair, that way you have no landing lag and are then able to combo into more things.

Wall Of Wolf- It's basically using wolf's Bair as a defensive, and offensive approach, as well as a good edgeguard.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Err...

...Kosk.

Why am I on that list? We've never played. I probably have the least non-spammy Wolf on the boards. /self-pity

Seriously, though...

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Err...

...Kosk.

Why am I on that list? We've never played. I probably have the least non-spammy Wolf on the boards. /self-pity

Seriously, though...
Who knows, you may be better then we think. IF anything, your post atleast state that you have some sort of knowledge about wolf.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Who knows, you may be better then we think. IF anything, your post atleast state that you have some sort of knowledge about wolf.
Well... Thanks. I suppose I know a fair share of stuff, but I can't name it off the top of my head. I just recently learned Scarring, lol. X_X

Though I must admit, those four things you listed above I can do now.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
I could be making videos of myself right now, but since my pc has a crappy video card the capture card is making everything come in black and white.
So i'm waiting on my new pc parts to come in to start making vids.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
buy a capture card, attach it to the inside of your computer. It comes with the software to record vids.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I use a camcorder because capture cards not only confuse me but irritate the crap out of me. Though, in the end, I'll probably get one for my laptop if possible. That'd make things a lot easier.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude, hell yeah. We have a pretty decent Smash scene and if there isn't a tournament, we generally have a monthly. Though, we're planning to go to ArizonaOneTwoStep here in June.

I just got fourth at a national tournament, though competition wasn't too great.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
A bit off topic (whatever the topic actually is), but has anyone noticed how there are few Wolf mainers in close proximity to each other.

Top Bottom