• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i like the tier list, cuz it shows how badly i can super **** a high tier character like DDD with my "crappy" fox, this list is just gonna make me look so much better lmao.

oh and adumbrodeous, dude, ness and mario kick ***, mario does pretty **** good against alot of the high tier characters and ness just completely ***** DK and i'd say goes even with G&W.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
lol what happened? I stop playing for a while and all of a sudden pit is high, then TL is mid, I mean wasn't everyone recently saying they were god tier?

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol what happened? I stop playing for a while and all of a sudden pit is high, then TL is mid, I mean wasn't everyone recently saying they were god tier?
nope, neither of them apparently is all that great, although i think they actually have potential, but they just arent placing in tournies.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Yeah I see that... I'm a horrible horrible person who just asked a simple question because he couldn't be bothered to look at anything past the first page. And had it been asked about 100 times all read it should have been edited in to the first post to stop people from asking the stupid question in the first place.

I just don't know how I will live with this heinous guilt of making somebody cry over the Internet!

And here I was thinking that a Tier list just for accuracy's sake would maybe, just maybe have the individual pokemon listed despite the stamina, and being forced to switch out so that people would know where they stand as individuals.

Preparing to get flamed in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…
It seems sarcasm can't be expressed over the internet.
Anyways, if you had done the slightest research, you would have known that. And the only reason I said that was because a guy posted he didn't want to see another post asking that just a couple posts before yours and you did the exact same thing. Did you do it on purpose?

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
It seems sarcasm can't be expressed over the internet.
Anyways, if you had done the slightest research, you would have known that. And the only reason I said that was because a guy posted he didn't want to see another post asking that just a couple posts before yours and you did the exact same thing. Did you do it on purpose?
I don't think he did it on purpose. I actually thought that Zinc was just playing around.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I don't main Cpt. Falcon, nor do I care at all about him, but why is he at the very bottom. Just curious.

Is there something everyone knows that I don't about Cpt. Falcon.?

gantrain05

Smash Master
I think you are wrong and I agree with this tier list. My argument against Mario was maybe 10 pages back, and Ness and Lucas are easily gimpable, and have no range really, just good priority on some moves. They're also very light.
ness and lucas are not really all that gimpable, thier second jump combined with B-sticking fancy pants arial maneuvers actually make they pretty hard to predict, and not only do they have good priority on most of their attacks, they can rack up damage very quick and have many choices for kill moves.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Hm. I thought Lucas and Ness might be a little higher, but I'm still glad that Pikachu and DK are high up there. I'm just a little confused by Ness and Lucas and a little disappointed by Link and Mario.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
Great job to everyone in the Smash community for compiling this tier list! I'm pleasantly surprised that Falco placed so high, and I did expect Marth to drop out of the top tier. I also notice that you neglected to add a bottom tier, which is interesting to say the least.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I see a lot of difference compared to Melee's Tier list, I think it was pretty well made. But I just think that Squritle, Ivysaur, and Charizard should have there own tiers and metagame.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Guys, I don't main Cpt. Falcon, nor do I care at all about him, but why is he at the very bottom. Just curious.

Is there something everyone knows that I don't about Cpt. Falcon.?
Maybe it's that he never places well in tournaments and has little to no good matchups?

Mush head

Smash Cadet
dude...it's not wrong that DK's high.
good DK's are so hard to beat...
lol truth... I learned that the hard way when I was beaten by a really good DK player with Bowser. DK is made of win among characters in his weight class.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Well, maybe those characters he has trouble with, but he is an anti-Snake character though... Yeah, I would think so against Snake.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, maybe those characters he has trouble with, but he is an anti-Snake character though... Yeah, I would think so against Snake.
in one v. one against snake... but not better than snake overall I mean....

really actually, that would make him average in his weight class... since ROB, Snake and DDD are better and only Bowser, Ganondorf and Yoshi are lower

gantrain05

Smash Master
minus ROB, DDD and snake right?
no, honestly i'd put DK up there with those 3, he's got probably just as many good matchups as DDD, cant say much about ROB, except for the fact i've actually never played a ROB that has given me too much trouble, and im a peach main, so, thats not saying much for the robot.

Mush head

Smash Cadet
Yoshi is a heavy??? I thought that he was more mid weight... Speaking of Yoshi, I'm really confused about Yoshi being a low tier because I have seen a number of really good Yoshis in tourneys. I would list my reasons why for my opinion, but it's late for me right now and I'm just too lazy to post it... >_<

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yoshi is a heavy??? I thought that he was more mid weight... Speaking of Yoshi, I'm really confused about Yoshi being a low tier because I have seen a number of really good Yoshis in tourneys. I would list my reasons why for my opinion, but it's late for me right now and I'm just too lazy to post it... >_<
How many times will we hear that?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I see a lot of difference compared to Melee's Tier list, I think it was pretty well made. But I just think that Squritle, Ivysaur, and Charizard should have there own tiers and metagame.
I thought that too, before I realized that Pokémon Trainer is the most difficult character to moniter in terms of single Pokémon performance. You aren't going to win a tournament using just ONE Pokémon alone (unless you're like, Jeebus and never die). So it's difficult to determine one Pokémon's performance in a tournament that could prove a viable stat for it's overall placing on the tier list.

If it weren't necessary to switch Pokémon, then they would very well be having their own placings on the tier list (Charizard being the top of them; Rock Smash is too scary good).

Maybe in the next version and if we can better determine the match-ups of one Pokémon alone against the others (it may take a while), then they'll have their own placings.

I disagree with P.Trainer being in low tier, but who says that everything is perfect~?

Debates ftw and whatnot! Liking this list. I'm surprised that Sonic didn't get the "bottom" of the bottom. XD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I thought that too, before I realized that Pokémon Trainer is the most difficult character to moniter in terms of single Pokémon performance. You aren't going to win a tournament using just ONE Pokémon alone (unless you're like, Jeebus and never die). So it's difficult to determine one Pokémon's performance in a tournament that could prove a viable stat for it's overall placing on the tier list.

If it weren't necessary to switch Pokémon, then they would very well be having their own placings on the tier list (Charizard being the top of them; Rock Smash is too scary good).

Maybe in the next version and if we can better determine the match-ups of one Pokémon alone against the others (it may take a while), then they'll have their own placings.

I disagree with P.Trainer being in low tier, but who says that everything is perfect~?

Debates ftw and whatnot! Liking this list. I'm surprised that Sonic didn't get the "bottom" of the bottom. XD
Actually, when you die you basically get to switch for free. Haven't tried switching twice in a row, but I know if you do it once the invulnerability frames still hold.

The biggest issue is actually stamina.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
My mistake, I completely forgot about the stamina; but forced to switch to another Pokémon AND the stamina factor are both to blame for P.Trainer remaining as a single character on the Tier List.

However, if people REALLY wanted to try, they could always add Stamina into the equation of overtime efficiency even with growing weaker, to see which ones last better/longer against the other characters that aren't flawed.

Time will tell, to say the least. Hurts their placing on the list, but it's a possibility.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you switch twice after a death you will get hit.

I don't even know why there would even be a discussion on seperate pokemon considering no one has or ever will play PT like that.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
You aren't FORCED to switch to Zelda or Sheik.

You want to play with one pokemon only? Enjoy your decreased knockback and damage after about a minute into the match, making your pokemon useless, and needing two times as many moves to kill an opponent. You HAVE TO switch when you die. Switching twice leaves you open to a free attack.

etc. etc. etc.

if we're looking at a tier list as a list of characters arranged in a hypothetical 3 stock 1v1 tournament scenario, we're looking at the situation i explained above.

if we're looking at it as a list of characters arranged in fantasy land where you can only play one pokemon and they never get fatigued, that's a different story. but that's not what the tier list is about.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Some1 update the OP and say PT can't be judged as seperate characters due to the stamina and forced switching after death. I'm tired of these stupid "Why aren't PT Pokemon divided in the tier list" posts.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi could be considered heaviest of the middle weights or lightest of the heavy weights, depending on the cut off for each.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Some1 update the OP and say PT can't be judged as seperate characters due to the stamina and forced switching after death. I'm tired of these stupid "Why aren't PT Pokemon divided in the tier list" posts.
That's why I suggested someone just add the reason they aren't split in their sig and post every new page =\

PKPower

Smash Cadet
I was convinced Lucas would be high mid or low high, and Ness being Mid mid. I'm glad Lucas and Ness got low. That way, when us Lucas/Ness mainers own you, it will be even more humiliating.

Also I am glad of this placing because people will automatically underestimate the PK kids. Which is a good thing for tournaments.

Lucas and Ness for bottom tier!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah!

Game & Watch graduated from bottom tier to top tier! He's my best in both Melee and Brawl. I can't believe my main is both a bottom and a top... =D

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
actually the pokemon can attack out of the pokeball to prevent punishment, but i agree with doing just the PT on the tier list, people who ask why are getting almost as annoying as the yoshi mains asking why is he so low tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom