• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Yeah our tourney scene here is rather weak. The only money tournament we consistently get is at this place call cyberconexion and they **** the pot real bad. So unless Naka is putting together more monthlies we really don't get much tourney action besides our humble Smasher of the Day tournaments (like any other tourney except no entry fee and we play to win awesome certificates which go to people who place in the top 3). We do get a rather large turn out every week though (usually 20+ people) so if you (Flipx) were interested enough to play a crap load of smash (which may enclude a mock crew battle and/or some 2v2 friendies), play in a casual (yet suprisingly competitive) tournament, and have alot of fun with your only expense being driving costs then maybe you should bring out you and some of your Ohio buddies sometime (I'm sure we could find some housing for you if you wanted, I know I would be able to provide you some for sure). Not to mention you would get to check out how awesome Pittsburgh smash is.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Aight that sound like fun, I will try to come out there sometime over my spring break I suppose (early april) It's kinda far off, but it gives me time to practice so I don't get embaressed by the awesome pittsburgh smash players =P

pockyD

Smash Legend
maybe we should look into trying to put another tournament together for mid-april? (seeing ias the crevv battle thing has pretty much just gone away, maybe we could draw bigger)

naka any chance of saturday bookings (and for longer hours)?

and/or maybe we should look at venues closer to pittsburgh proper x.x

pdk

Smash Lord
bit further south would be nice but lord knows it'd never happen so alas

Renth

Smash Hero
maybe we should look into trying to put another tournament together for mid-april? (seeing ias the crevv battle thing has pretty much just gone away, maybe we could draw bigger)

:tired:

CreVV is dead? that's fine you guys are more fun. keep me updated.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bit further south would be nice but lord knows it'd never happen so alas
if you want to put it together, then the venue would be your choice =)

just like if it fell to me to find a place, i'd try to find one in oakland and when naka booked it, he got one close to home

as for crevv battle, i haven't heard anything about it in a while and last i heard, half of the ggpd people were dropping out anyway

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I liked the Naka venue, but if we're trying to start bridging the gap between Pittsburgh and Ohio, we should mos def get a bigger venue and one where they don't mind loud cussin' (in good spirits of course). Personally, I'd love to do something like this and think it would be awesome if we could put it together, but of course, I'm very lazy and wouldn't be willing to put the legwork in. Any volounteers?

Nakamaru

Smash Master

You mean at the Y?

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah maybe

though an argument for trying to grab a venue closer to eastern pgh is that we can pull CMU's multitude of smashers in (and consequently make it easier for everyone to bring TVs) =)

of course finding a venue is still a pain =[

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yea venues are a pain. I'll look into other possible options closer to pittsburgh. Can't promise anything soon, but i'll look.

Also how long is this duquesne friday going this time?

pdk

Smash Lord
so, when's the SoTD this week starting/ending, or do you just wait until X people come to start?

pockyD

Smash Legend
so from what i understand about duquesne people

taki - 12-1:30, then back at 4:30
brandan (lol) - 12-1:30, then back at some unspecified time
rob - 3:30

so i guess i'll just show at 3:30 unless someone will be there at 2ish to check me in in case there's a nazi desk attendant that day

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if anybody wants to come over my house this weekend to smash let me know, i live right by robs(just up the street)

anyways whats up with the pittsburgh hate? I dont know about you guys but it pisses me off when poeple disrespect our smash(especially when its good) So i say we improve and actually challenge some of these guys.

pdk

Smash Lord
how many people do you usually wait to get in before starting the SoTDs?

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
We usually wait til we think everyone that is coming is there.

I should be there around 4 tomorrow I actually have my senior project to work on after school :p, and I might be the only Carnegie kid coming (Ev probably has stuff to do and I don't know whats up with Corey).

takieddine

Smash Master
Hey, if anybody wants to come over my house this weekend to smash let me know, i live right by robs(just up the street)

anyways whats up with the pittsburgh hate? I dont know about you guys but it pisses me off when poeple disrespect our smash(especially when its good) So i say we improve and actually challenge some of these guys.
I'll probably be playing you when you guys go to the Ohio tourney.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be playing you when you guys go to the Ohio tourney.
Yea, well then i'll see you in the finals.........hahahah i always wanted to say that......although i doubt i will make it that far.:dizzy:

DEAD AIM!!!!

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Myself and Ductape will be there friday, i dunno when though. Because Demon might come, making us arrive later...so expect us around 4:30 or 6.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Green Greens...
wtf is Green Greens?

Sorry I couldn't get more matches in -- Thursday's transportation potential greatly damaged my time to play.

And Evan, I'll probably know by tomorrow what I can do as far as smashing at your place this weekend. Saturday may be looking up. And really... think about it... what if Samus and Falco did have a child?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Green Greens...
wtf is Green Greens?
A stage that all should know and love with all their hearts.

And really... think about it... what if Samus and Falco did have a child?
It would have quite a few rediculous horizontal projectiles, but would probably still lose to the versatility of Y. Link's projectiles. He's just so young. . .

Also, think how bad pillaring with samus's short hop would be -_- . . .

pdk

Smash Lord
so yeah, /r/ the location of harm's house so the rest of us can GET IT ON this week at least

just keith

Smash Rookie
so i take it...duquesne is on spring break. would anyone be interested in coming to slippery rock university on wednesday, march 7th? its about an hour from duquesne, soldier6 SHOULD be around to smash if any duq folk show up. parking is easy. we've got enough room in the union for 20 people...prolly have 3 or 4 tvs....people would need to bring cubes and smash copies though. [has anyone found dougs junk yet? =( ] feel free to contact me

aim: lxkeefisisxl

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I can't make it wednesday. :/ But keep me posted, i'll be here all through spring break.

@Alan
--Sick matches in the tournament dude. Wish the 3rd game went a little better.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Green Greens...
wtf is Green Greens?

Sorry I couldn't get more matches in -- Thursday's transportation potential greatly damaged my time to play.

And Evan, I'll probably know by tomorrow what I can do as far as smashing at your place this weekend. Saturday may be looking up. And really... think about it... what if Samus and Falco did have a child?
A stage that all should know and love with all their hearts.

It would have quite a few rediculous horizontal projectiles, but would probably still lose to the versatility of Y. Link's projectiles. He's just so young. . .

Also, think how bad pillaring with samus's short hop would be -_- . . .
or samus with falco's first jump =)

8x missile cancel
AKA THE DEADLY AIM!!

LMAO

DEADLY AIM!!!!

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
As for rides to NEPA, Evan, Corey, and Matt have first dibs on a ride in my car. After that, Taki has the next spot if he wants it. If any of those guys won't be able to make it, I'll have those spots open to anyone else.

Top Bottom