• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Pikachu Thread

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I thought Pikachu looked top tier-ish when that first E-4-all vid came out. You know, the one for 06.

I don't know why everyone's avoiding him? It is kinda weird o_O
oh well, guess those people at E4A getting a head start won't have that much a head start once they realize Pika is the new Marth with shine :ohwell:
MUHAHAHA jk
seriously though...
It's all the Pokehate. Which I find ironic, as I'm a big fan of the Pokehate, but I love the lil' rAt. Probably because I was hooked on the N64 when he was the bringer of doom.
On a side note, did they seriously lock the Confirmed Character Thread? No more random discussions of things that had virtually nothing to do with Confirmed Characters? I guess I knew it was coming, but it marks the end of an era.

Anyhow, regarding my Pikachu wishlist, as long as his UpB, DownB, and possibly OverB have less lag, and his Up and Down Smashes retain their ownage, I'll be happy. Though I agree with what's being said about his grab range.

EDIT: On a side note, here's hoping the goggles mean that we can finally say goodbye to Pika's mentally challenged, suicidal mini-cousin.

BrimconSako

Smash Rookie
I would agree with you rAT, I just love the little electric Rat of Fury, Someone give us details! STOP THE HATE! Unless its ironic like rAT here.

Edit: Someone go poke Gimpy for me.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice

Anyhow, regarding my Pikachu wishlist, as long as his UpB, DownB, and possibly OverB have less lag, and his Up and Down Smashes retain their ownage, I'll be happy. Though I agree with what's being said about his grab range.

EDIT: On a side note, here's hoping the goggles mean that we can finally say goodbye to Pika's mentally challenged, suicidal mini-cousin.

XD on the EDIT.

Anyway, from what's been seen his moves have less lag, are quite a bit quicker, and cause more impact, and damage.

Pikachu is looking at becoming top-tier if he remains the same way from what I've seen.

Rakath

Smash Ace
It looks like his moveset is the same, just the lagframes on most of his moves got lowered (except Thunder Jolt, which appears laggier). Hopefully his priority will be more along his 64 form.

Goggles make me happy *shines his own pair of goggles on his neck*.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
It looks like his moveset is the same, just the lagframes on most of his moves got lowered (except Thunder Jolt, which appears laggier). Hopefully his priority will be more along his 64 form.

Goggles make me happy *shines his own pair of goggles on his neck*.

Yep, I know.

I think Thunder Jolt was layered with a few laggies, was because of the initial update in push back/impact from it. [If I'm not mistaken]

And the goggles are a good sign Pichu might not return. No offense to anyone here, I just would rather have a different Pokemon rep.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Dang, Pikachu's not getting much attention compared to everyone else, even characters that weren't in the demo are being talked about more... I mean c'mon, IceClimbers have more interest it seems :p

I dont/dont plan on playing Pikachu but still, this kind of neglection has to be bad for his PokePsyche

Where's the love?!?!

Anther

Smash Champion
I'm beling loyal to the Ratachu. Can't wait, maybe I'll actually get a large number of Pika dittos in brawl T_T.

Hey someone playing tomrorow T.T, see if Pika still has the cloud :B
People keep saying its impossible to test.. but I'm pretty sure if you near suicide then down+b the cloud'll be there if it exists x.x..

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I've always used Pikachu as my main. Primarily because of the way I play: Real fast, trying not to fight hand/claw/paw/head/whatever to hand/claw/paw/head/whatever with an opponent for more then 3 seconds. Pikachu is very good for this type of gameplay. Some people call it "cowardly" or "annoying". I call it "using your brain".

I think the reason Pikachu hasn't been getting much attention is simple: He hasn't really changed that much. Remember that first trailer, where they showed the upgrades in graphics for Link, Pikachu, Mario and Kirby. Link got a huge upgrade, Mario got some good textures, Pikachu got extremely minimal improvements and Kirby didn't get any at all. That's sort of what It's like with Pikachu. He'll never change, only Kirby is less changing.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Umm, if you read the thread I linked to on the last page youll see pikachu has some very strong improvements.

ndelz87

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu..I choose you

I have a feeling that pikachu will be top tier this game, im telling you he was awesome in the first game and then they made him descent and now they are going to make him great...:laugh:

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
Pikachu's awesome in so many ways.
He's quick all around, which especially shines in his jumping.
He's got the DownB Thunder move, which can launch and keep an unsuspecting and gullible opponent in the air until he/she falls off.
And many more I'm not going to ramble about.
He's been my favorite and main character in Smash since the beginning and still will be, whatever the public may say!
Give me liberty, or PIKACHU! Or, you know, both. Please.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The best thing about the new Pikachu in Brawl is that he's the old Pichu from Melee.
Volt Tackle 4tw

The rAt

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? pikecho's awsome!!!!
Lol, who is this Pikecho? I may have to give him a try...

The best thing about the new Pikachu in Brawl is that he's the old Pichu from Melee.
Volt Tackle 4tw
Please don't project your affection for Pichu onto the rest of us. Pikachu is Pikachu. If you like thinking that Pichu is Pikachu, because you liked Pichu, then by all means, enjoy the notion. But until you can quote Sakurai saying that the two are one and the same, then it is pure fanfic.

Regarding the similarities between the two, they are most likely due to the fact that Pichu will not be returning, and Sakurai didn't want to completely toss out some of his more positive traits (personally, I'm not aware of any of them, but I've been told they exist). One of those traits would be the goggle costume.
Regarding his possession of Volt Tackle, I would assume he has it for two reasons. One, because it's a unique and powerful electrical attack which is easily distinuishable from Thunder (in a way Thunderbolt, Thundershock, ect.), and Sakurai was in need of just such an attack for a FS for Pika. Two, Pika from the Smash Bros series is based off of the anime which doesn't follow any of the same rules as the games (they know more than four moves, they can use moves they can't in the games, ect.), and if I'm not mistaken, the Pikachu of the anime learned Volt Tackle as a Pikachu. And for all we know, in the next generation of Poke games, Pika could learn Volt Tackle on his own. Also, since Pichu of the Smash Bros series never actually used Volt Tackle, you're assuming he even knew it to begin with. Finally, if you think the movesets of the Pika and Pichu were ever intended to match up 100% with the games, then I challenge you to find an attack called Thunder Jolt in any of them.

So, if you like the idea of Pika being Pichu of Melee, then knock yourself out. Just don't try to tell me it's fact.

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
Please don't project your affection for Pichu onto the rest of us. Pikachu is Pikachu. If you like thinking that Pichu is Pikachu, because you liked Pichu, then by all means, enjoy the notion. But until you can quote Sakurai saying that the two are one and the same, then it is pure fanfic.

Regarding the similarities between the two, they are most likely due to the fact that Pichu will not be returning, and Sakurai didn't want to completely toss out some of his more positive traits (personally, I'm not aware of any of them, but I've been told they exist). One of those traits would be the goggle costume.
Regarding his possession of Volt Tackle, I would assume he has it for two reasons. One, because it's a unique and powerful electrical attack which is easily distinuishable from Thunder (in a way Thunderbolt, Thundershock, ect.), and Sakurai was in need of just such an attack for a FS for Pika. Two, Pika from the Smash Bros series is based off of the anime which doesn't follow any of the same rules as the games (they know more than four moves, they can use moves they can't in the games, ect.), and if I'm not mistaken, the Pikachu of the anime learned Volt Tackle as a Pikachu. And for all we know, in the next generation of Poke games, Pika could learn Volt Tackle on his own. Also, since Pichu of the Smash Bros series never actually used Volt Tackle, you're assuming he even knew it to begin with. Finally, if you think the movesets of the Pika and Pichu were ever intended to match up 100% with the games, then I challenge you to find an attack called Thunder Jolt in any of them.

So, if you like the idea of Pika being Pichu of Melee, then knock yourself out. Just don't try to tell me it's fact.
If I say I'm the best Smash player of the world, that doesn't necessarily mean my statement is a fact nor am I implying it is; not everything we say has to be a fact, which is why there exist opinions. I don't see why are you criticizing him so.

Please don't project your hate for Pichu onto the rest of us. This is a game and everyone is free to think what they want. Until you can quote Sakurai saying specifically that it's not Pichu evolved, then your statement is not a fact either. What's not specifically prohibited is potentially allowed.

Also, about Pikachu being based on the series, you're not completely true. First off because Pikachu generated from the games, so it's not like they are different characters; they're the same character but adapted accordingly to what better fits its purpose, be a game where you are restricted to four moves or a cartoon where there is much more freedom. May I remind you that the cartoon is based on the game? You cannot really say that Pikachu in brawl is based on the Pikachu from the series; he's just based on the concept of Pikachu as a stand-alone character. You can attest this from Pikachu's entrance in both SMB64 and Brawl, which is coming out from a Pokéball, which is certainly not something you see from the Pikachu in the anime (the main character, at least, since I suppose that's the one you speak of, considering you mentioned he learned Volt Tackle). Finally, if you think that the moveset of Pikachu was ever intended to match 100% with the cartoon, then I challenge you to find Pikachu using Skull Bash in any episode.

So, if you don't like the idea of Pikachu being the Pichu from Melee, then knock yourself out. Just pay no mind to whoever says it is.

And yeah, I dislike flamers/haters. Though this could probably start a flame war.. Oh boy.. :psycho: And sorry, Pikecho is only available to try for those who like Pichu. :laugh:

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
It never ceases to amaze me that some people will argue with perfectly sensible and unbiased posts.

The rAt

Smash Ace
It never ceases to amaze me that some people will argue with perfectly sensible and unbiased posts.
Quoted for truth.

If I say I'm the best Smash player of the world, that doesn't necessarily mean my statement is a fact nor am I implying it is; not everything we say has to be a fact, which is why there exist opinions. I don't see why are you criticizing him so.

Please don't project your hate for Pichu onto the rest of us. This is a game and everyone is free to think what they want. Until you can quote Sakurai saying specifically that it's not Pichu evolved, then your statement is not a fact either. What's not specifically prohibited is potentially allowed.

Also, about Pikachu being based on the series, you're not completely true. First off because Pikachu generated from the games, so it's not like they are different characters; they're the same character but adapted accordingly to what better fits its purpose, be a game where you are restricted to four moves or a cartoon where there is much more freedom. May I remind you that the cartoon is based on the game? You cannot really say that Pikachu in brawl is based on the Pikachu from the series; he's just based on the concept of Pikachu as a stand-alone character. You can attest this from Pikachu's entrance in both SMB64 and Brawl, which is coming out from a Pokéball, which is certainly not something you see from the Pikachu in the anime (the main character, at least, since I suppose that's the one you speak of, considering you mentioned he learned Volt Tackle). Finally, if you think that the moveset of Pikachu was ever intended to match 100% with the cartoon, then I challenge you to find Pikachu using Skull Bash in any episode.

So, if you don't like the idea of Pikachu being the Pichu from Melee, then knock yourself out. Just pay no mind to whoever says it is.

And yeah, I dislike flamers/haters. Though this could probably start a flame war.. Oh boy.. :psycho: And sorry, Pikecho is only available to try for those who like Pichu. :laugh:
Generally, I try to express my disagreement with a person's stance without degrading them as a person (unless they really tick me off, but I like to think that takes a lot). Flaming and hating are intentionally degrading people for having an opinnion, not pointing out the flaws in that opinnion, and are generally unnecessary, so you may have sparked a debate, but I don't know that you've sparked a flame war.

However, it is fairly clear that you didn't really read my post, so much as repeat everything I said in reverse. Doesn't really work, though. I wasn't critiquing anyone for liking the idea of Pichu being Pika, I was critiquing them for portraying it as fact. And as you observed, stating your oppinion as fact does not make it such.

Also, simply because something is not specifically prohibited does not make it likely. Sepparation of church and state is explicitly stated nowhere in the United States Constitution, but it seems to be the undying creedo of its government policies. Or more generally speakng, there could ge a giant invisible, intangible, and otherwise unobservable elephant sitting behind me watching me type this post, but it isn't very likely. We could all currently be stationed deep within The Matrix being decieved by complex and sentient computer programs, but it isn't very likely. If one makes the statement that Pika being Pichu is fact, the burden of proof is on him/her, because I could present you with near infinit possibilities regarding things which could be, but practically speaking, aren't. Ockham's Razor tells us that the simplest explination is most often the correct one (i.e. I exist because I was born, rather than having been randomly assembled by Dr. Frankenstien). Simply claiming doubt for the simplest explination doesn't change that.

The simplest explination is that Pikachu in Brawl was altered because Sakurai felt it would enhance the game. No other explination is necessary, because we have no reason to believe Sakurai would alter a character for the purpose of creating a backstory for said character which only Pokemon fans would understand, not all of whom would appreciate it (I would argue that they would be a small minority, though you could disagree), while he has already demonstrated that he will alter characters for the purpose of fine-tuning his game (i.e. he altered the way Pikachu played from 64 to Melee without any explination whatsoever).

I never said Pikachu was 100% accurate to the anime. I said he was based off of the anime (I say he, because that's how I think of it, but I suppose it could be a she). As in, would inherit traits from the anime, which were not present in the game. It is not necessary for Pika (Brawl) to be 100% accurate to the anime to possess the trait of Volt Tackle without having evolved from a Pichu, he only needs to be influenced by it, and since he is a Pikachu who acts indipendently from his trainer (while still being summoned from a Pokeball, as you noted, so we can infer that he has a trainer) and has been depicted wearing a hat the Pikachu wore in the first or second episode of the anime, we can admit that he is, at the very least influenced by the Pikachu from the anime.

So, if you don't like me objecting to other people's propaganda based on logical flaws in the way they explain/execute them, knock yourself out. Pay me no mind. But don't give me farfetch'd, unlikely, contrived explinations for simple cosmetic changes to a character and tell me that because it could happen I should treat as likely.

Also, I'm completely aware that I said "farfetch'd" instead of "farfetched". A little something for the Pokefans out there.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ooo oooo i know what to do

not make such a big deal about people joking around about the notion of pikachu in brawl being an evolved pichu

amirite guys?

intrawebs is serious business, or so i'm told, but seriously. chill out lol.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
separation of church and state. lol.

Anyhow.. Pikachu is a behemoth! In Brawl, I get that everything can't be scaled and such, but I think it would fit better if he was smaller.

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
(Not quoting because the text is too long :dizzy:)
Well, I may have been wrong thinking that you were flaming; the thing was that you made quite a very long post in response to a short opinion, which didn't really affect anyone. And with all the flame wars going on lately on the boards.. I guess I got a bit carried away :p And just in case, I'll let you know that it wasn't my intention to create a flame war (good thing it didn't happen).

Yes, I did read your post carefully. My original reply barely repeated any of your statements, but at the end I decided to include a little bit of irony to make it sound less serious (or more funny; guess I failed), since I don't disagree with whatever opinion you may have (I actually don't think Brawl's Pikachu is Pichu evolved, anyways), but rather, I mostly wanted to throw in a few of my own ideas about why you shouldn't concern too much about other people's opinions as long as they don't affect you in some way.

And yes, I am aware that it's not likely that Pichu evolved into Pikachu, but notice how in my post I never said such thing. I basically said that if it's not impossible, then it can always happen (be it likely or not); it's just about possibility. It's not likely that there's someone spying on me from a distant building as I write this post, but it doesn't mean it's impossible (sorry for using your analogy :p). I never said Pikachu is indeed Pichu evolved, I'm only implying that it is possible, so until it's official, there's not really a point in arguing over it; everyone is free to believe what they want.

Another of the reasons I used many analogies of your own in my reply was so that you would sort of view your own post from a different perspective. As you said, you never said that Pikachu was 100% accurate to the anime; in the same way, T0MMY never said he was 100% accurate to the other games. Then why imply that the other person said such thing?

Lastly, I never told you to treat it as likely. I merely wanted to express that you should not take comments like that so seriously (because by your long post, you seemed to have been rather angered or something); it's only an opinion. As I said, I myself don't support that opinion, but I find it pointless and even aggressive (to a very slight degree) to reply with all sorts of reasons to disprove an opinion that doesn't affect anyone (or at least yourself). No, I'm not angry at you or anything of the sort either. I actually don't mind whatever your beliefs could be. I do like discussions, though (in a peaceful manner, hopefully getting to an agreement), so please don't think I'm supporting someone's opinion or looking for a war. I'm just getting tired of so much aggression going on lately on the boards. Let's all be friends :)

The rAt

Smash Ace
ooo oooo i know what to do

not make such a big deal about people joking around about the notion of pikachu in brawl being an evolved pichu

amirite guys?

intrawebs is serious business, or so i'm told, but seriously. chill out lol.
I dunno, dude (or dudette, as the case may be, I suppose), that idea sounds pretty sketchy. :p
Seriously, though, long post =/= angry rAt. I'm just really **** thorough and I like to make sure I've hit every point I'm trying to address. Point taken, though.

(Not quoting because the text is too long :dizzy:)
Well, I may have been wrong thinking that you were flaming; the thing was that you made quite a very long post in response to a short opinion, which didn't really affect anyone. And with all the flame wars going on lately on the boards.. I guess I got a bit carried away :p And just in case, I'll let you know that it wasn't my intention to create a flame war (good thing it didn't happen).

Yes, I did read your post carefully. My original reply barely repeated any of your statements, but at the end I decided to include a little bit of irony to make it sound less serious (or more funny; guess I failed), since I don't disagree with whatever opinion you may have (I actually don't think Brawl's Pikachu is Pichu evolved, anyways), but rather, I mostly wanted to throw in a few of my own ideas about why you shouldn't concern too much about other people's opinions as long as they don't affect you in some way.

And yes, I am aware that it's not likely that Pichu evolved into Pikachu, but notice how in my post I never said such thing. I basically said that if it's not impossible, then it can always happen (be it likely or not); it's just about possibility. It's not likely that there's someone spying on me from a distant building as I write this post, but it doesn't mean it's impossible (sorry for using your analogy :p). I never said Pikachu is indeed Pichu evolved, I'm only implying that it is possible, so until it's official, there's not really a point in arguing over it; everyone is free to believe what they want.

Another of the reasons I used many analogies of your own in my reply was so that you would sort of view your own post from a different perspective. As you said, you never said that Pikachu was 100% accurate to the anime; in the same way, T0MMY never said he was 100% accurate to the other games. Then why imply that the other person said such thing?

Lastly, I never told you to treat it as likely. I merely wanted to express that you should not take comments like that so seriously (because by your long post, you seemed to have been rather angered or something); it's only an opinion. As I said, I myself don't support that opinion, but I find it pointless and even aggressive (to a very slight degree) to reply with all sorts of reasons to disprove an opinion that doesn't affect anyone (or at least yourself). No, I'm not angry at you or anything of the sort either. I actually don't mind whatever your beliefs could be. I do like discussions, though (in a peaceful manner, hopefully getting to an agreement), so please don't think I'm supporting someone's opinion or looking for a war. I'm just getting tired of so much aggression going on lately on the boards. Let's all be friends :)
Ha, yes, my posts can be longwinded when I get going. For the record, I wasn't angry, that's just how I write when I'm passionate about something. I'm an aspiring (i.e. unpublished) writer, so I suppose writing that way is somewhat drilled into me.
I must say that I read your last post entirely differently than how you've explained it. I suppose that's the downside of text, right? It's hard to read tone of voice, so sometimes sarcasm is harder to catch. Anyhow, I'm not particularly interested in starting a war, either. It has been my intention from the beginning to discuss things in a civil manner, but of course I'm sure you would agree that civility doesn't always equate agreement.

To that end, and the ammount of off-topic debating this entire issue has sparked, I suggest that we all agree that the whole Pichu/Pika evolution issue is fairly irrelevant to the topic at hand, which is the way Pikachu plays in Brawl, and move on to other topics. Fair?

separation of church and state. lol.

Anyhow.. Pikachu is a behemoth! In Brawl, I get that everything can't be scaled and such, but I think it would fit better if he was smaller.
I've noticed that too. Personally, I like the idea of a smaller, quicker Pika, but if he packs a bit more punch, then I guess I can't complain either.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I've noticed that too. Personally, I like the idea of a smaller, quicker Pika, but if he packs a bit more punch, then I guess I can't complain either.
That is basically what I got out of the SSB64 version of Pikachu, with the exception of the "quicker" part. Going with that subject, I believe that the SSB64 Pika could beat down the SSBM Pika, by a longshot, and hopefully, this is what we'll see with the SSBB Pika.

As for your sig ndelz, I like it due to the fact it is the old-fashioned Pika.

The rAt

Smash Ace
That is basically what I got out of the SSB64 version of Pikachu, with the exception of the "quicker" part. Going with that subject, I believe that the SSB64 Pika could beat down the SSBM Pika, by a longshot, and hopefully, this is what we'll see with the SSBB Pika.

As for your sig ndelz, I like it due to the fact it is the old-fashioned Pika.
I agree. I cannot describe to you the level of disappointment I experienced when I first picked up Melee and experienced the changes to Pika. Of course, the disappointment quickly faded as I experienced how great the rest of the game was, and slowly learned that with enough practice, Pika could still be a deathmachine. But even so, the more of SSB64 Pika they infuse into Brawl, the happier I'll be.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
In the first trailer, when the Melee versions of each character turn into the Brawl versions...wouldn't that mean that Pikachu is the same one from Melee? And maybe since Pichu probably won't make it in, he beat Pichu up and took his goggles? I'll miss the party hat though.

I'm a little sad that not too many people like Pikachu, but I guess it'll be more exciting for them when I kick their butts with him! Go Pikachu! (sorry)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
They took away the party hat?! Ugh... Sakurai... how can you make my Brawl experience any worse? First Lyn, now this?

Anyway, just because Pika's appearence changed, even if a little from Melee to Brawl, I'm pretty sure he'll be a lot better.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I don't see whats so wrong with the Melee Pikachu. Maybe he's not as powerfull compared to some other players anymore, but he's not bad in general, and he's great in annoying the crap out of your opponent. Especially that taunt.

The rAt

Smash Ace
You think that's bad? I played Kirby in 64. In Melee, he's... Just not playable.
Ah yes, Kirby. He was my secondary in 64. I feel your pain.

They took away the party hat?! Ugh... Sakurai... how can you make my Brawl experience any worse? First Lyn, now this?

Anyway, just because Pika's appearence changed, even if a little from Melee to Brawl, I'm pretty sure he'll be a lot better.
Wait... there's no party hat? Wtf?

I don't see whats so wrong with the Melee Pikachu. Maybe he's not as powerfull compared to some other players anymore, but he's not bad in general, and he's great in annoying the crap out of your opponent. Especially that taunt.
Don't get me wrong, I still win when I use Pika (which is most of the time). But it's mainly because I use him so much, so I'm well practiced at working around his disadvantages.

If we're talking annoying characters, though, my favorite is Kirby. Nothing better than eating your opponent then falling off the stage. Especially if you're good enough to recover from it and your opponent is not.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Wait... there's no party hat? Wtf?
They took away the party hat?!
Yep, no party hat. The googles are now the blue costume.
Don't worry, though. It's just a demo. They may have just not included it.

I agree with The rAt. I don't really think of Pikachu as "bad," but as "fair" (that's not to say I don't think his shield and skull bash could use some buffing).

In the first trailer, when the Melee versions of each character turn into the Brawl versions...wouldn't that mean that Pikachu is the same one from Melee?
Link isn't the same one...

Also, to off-set my supporting of one side: Pichu evolves by love. How much love didn't Pichu get in Melee?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well I mean, Mario's , Link's, and Pikachu's appearances change (Kirby gets left in the dust, lolz!), and it looks like it's just aesthetic. So it looks like the same Pika to me. Although I do hope they bring the party hat back. I'm an Ash hat user, and the goggles just aren't a worthy match-up. :cool:

Rakath

Smash Ace
Well I mean, Mario's , Link's, and Pikachu's appearances change (Kirby gets left in the dust, lolz!), and it looks like it's just aesthetic. So it looks like the same Pika to me. Although I do hope they bring the party hat back. I'm an Ash hat user, and the goggles just aren't a worthy match-up. :cool:
How dare you... Goggles are the ultimate cool, have you not watched Digi-

Bad example.

Goggleheaded Pikachu is my new main. Do not dis the goggles!

- Dis the Bandana! -

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Well I mean, Mario's , Link's, and Pikachu's appearances change (Kirby gets left in the dust, lolz!), and it looks like it's just aesthetic. So it looks like the same Pika to me.
I don't understand what you're saying. This is supposed to be a anti-Pichu thing, right?

I'm an Ash hat user, and the goggles just aren't a worthy match-up. :cool:
Pshh...Pokemonz > Digimonz, therefore, Ash hat > goggles. Duh!
Pika has no Αss hat...

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Uhh...:confused: Why does pikachu get skull bash? In the current games, skull bash is only available to bulbasaur, ivysaur, venusaur, squirtle, wartortle, blastoise, cubone, marowak, sharpedo, and relicanth. It's been that way in fourth and third gen. Why would they give pikachu an attack it could not learn in his game series? Sakurai could have given it to squirtle or ivysaur. Why not one of them instead?

Here's my reference: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/skullbash.shtml

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Now, now, let's not get too technical with the Skull Bash. It's helpful in recovering. And what would its side special be anyway?

Top Bottom