• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XD

Sorry sandman i actually posted this while you where typing that... coincidence? but well i take what i say back about you... your alright after all.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
well. they say he is a boss.
but you might be able to unlock him.
Then why is he in "Game Modes"?

I'm quite familiar with wishful thinking, trust me, but I think this update truly does deconfirm Petey.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Yeah Giga Bowser in Melee was a Boss, yet Bowser was playable.

Anything is possible, but it does seem grim for Petey to be stuck as a boss.

At least he isn't an item or part of a background. Being a boss doesn't mean he is out of the roster yet. But as much as I like Petey I think there are some more deserving characters like King Dedede or Ridley.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Then why is he in "Game Modes"?

I'm quite familiar with wishful thinking, trust me, but I think this update truly does deconfirm Petey.
I've been thinking the same thing.

And by the way, he's fighting with the cages, and from the looks of it, they are part of most of his main attacks (I might be wrong). So if he would be unlockable... would you think he's still holding the cages?

WITH Zelda and Peach inside? I doubt it.

Thores

Smash Rookie
Besides, the main argument for Petey still having a shot at being playable was that being a boss meant he had a moveset. However, this update proves he doesn't have a full moveset, instead he smashes cages around. I'm sure he has an attack or two besides that, but in any case it's clear he wasn't designed with playability in mind. Meanwhile, Boss Bowser in Melee played exactly like regular Bowser, he was just bigger. But with Petey they'd have to retool his moves completely for playable purposes.

I think I'm not alone when I say that this pretty much deconfirms him, once and for all.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I've been thinking the same thing.

And by the way, he's fighting with the cages, and from the looks of it, they are part of most of his main attacks (I might be wrong). So if he would be unlockable... would you think he's still holding the cages?

WITH Zelda and Peach inside? I doubt it.
Unless there were two different versions of Petey. But I really doubt Sakurai would even consider that as an option when there are so many characters to fit into this roster. No point in making two of the same guy, we don't want another Mario/Dr. Mario moment on our hands.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah watch Petey Piranha be playable on AR with two cages in his ****ing hands

@freeman123
thanks for the new desktop background

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah well... Sorry for you believers that wanted him as a playable.

Your going to have to kick his *** instead of kick *** with him.

I'm going to save Zelda first.. shes better.. :O

-Onyx

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I guess this is part of the "Kirby" storyline since he's the only one left.

I might just bash both cages until one opens up. Kirby doesn't care which lady he gets. He's up for anything.
You assume that every main character has his own storyline? What if they all share the same storyline and you are forced to change characters depending on the situation?

First battle against the Primids: Mario is still around, you can choose him and Kirby (possibly). And maybe the princesses.

Second battle: Petey! Mario is knocked away and the princesses are captured. You HAVE to use Kirby!

By the way, I'm NOT saying that there won't be different paths you can take (by choosing another princess to save, for instance).

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Even I thought Petey had some chance before that video was shown, but after it was shown it was pretty clear he was a boss and not a PC. Thank God! Maybe we'll get Geno now as the new Mario character.

_the_sandman_
I guess this is part of the "Kirby" storyline since he's the only one left.
I don't think each character has their own story mode. There's probably going to be anywhere from 30 to 40 something playable characters. I doubt they have an individual story mode for each one of them. It's probably one story mode, but you play as different characters at different parts. I bet you start the game off as Mario, and then when you get to the first boss Mario gets knocked out of the arena and you take over as Kirby.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Even I thought Petey had some chance before that video was shown, but after it was shown it was pretty clear he was a boss and not a PC. Thank God! Maybe we'll get Geno now as the new Mario character.

I don't think each character has their own story mode. There's probably going to be anywhere from 30 to 40 something playable characters. I doubt they have an individual story mode for each one of them. It's probably one story mode, but you play as different characters at different parts. I bet you start the game off as Mario, and then when you get to the first boss Mario gets knocked out of the arena and you take over as Kirby.
genos 3rd party

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only played enough of 7 to beat the game...didn't find the story very interesting...not my FF of preference...

Del Money

Smash Champion
meh i loved FF7. i like the more modern stuff. screw all that medieval horse****

oh well...Petey's gone, what a shame

Shuma

Smash Hero
Geno=possessed doll.

I've beated Mario RPG a thousand times since i was 7 i still don't understand why people like Geno.

Edit:

wat if the newcomers shown at that section are not unlockables.....
maybe petey is.....
because why isnt metanight there?? or snake.....
interesting...
There would be no point in adding Petey Pirahna to the sie, saying he's a boss saying that he's huge and then saying he's unlocable.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
From what I can tell Sakurai is going to have some more bosses this huge, and however what I'm about to say breaks my heart, I think that Ridley will be in Brawl...as a boss :(...not more, not a playable character...well it's just wait and see I guess :(...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If you guys get off topic this thread will just get locked like the Ridley one did. Go to the Geno thread if you want to talk about Geno.

Top Bottom