• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I expect many, many bosses. At least two from each major franchise. So I don't think every boss will be playable.
That would be nice indeed.

Mario: Petey Piranha & Mouser

Zelda: Gohma & Great Moblin

Metroid: Kraid & Mother Brain

Kirby: Kracko & Dark Matter

Starfox: Aparoid Moth & Andross

Donkey Kong: King Zing & Army Dillo

Pokémon: Gyarados & Skarmory

Don't ask me about Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, though...

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
That would be nice indeed.

Mario: Petey Piranha & Mouser

Zelda: Gohma & Great Moblin

Metroid: Kraid & Mother Brain

Kirby: Kracko & Dark Matter

Starfox: Aparoid Moth & Andross

Donkey Kong: King Zing & Army Dillo

Pokémon: Gyarados & Skarmory

Don't ask me about Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, though...
There are tons of possible boss characters, this list only skims the surface. Therefore, I think Petey and many other bosses will stay as non-playable.

T-major

Smash Champion
I see where your coming from Digifreak. but heres why I see this as a problem:

hypothetically, let's say Petey has a full move-set, and you end up loving those move with a firey passion... but he's not playable! D: and the only time you can fight him is with Kirby in Adventure mode... wouldn't you feel a little ripped off? a little peeved that they didn't bother to make this original and interesting character playable? I know I would.

now this whole scenario is useless if Petey doesn't have a full set of moves. which is certantly a possibility. I'm saying IF he was a full character --with full animations, complete move-set, and was balanced-- why NOT make him playable?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The only time you will bother fighting Petey will be in the beginning as Kirby... thats all and he will have a few moves not an ENTIRE move set.

So why not make Knuckle Joe playable when he has (Likely) almost as many moves at Petey will have?

You all make it out as if Move sets are all a character needs to be playable... they need to do A LOT more than just move sets to make a character playable like the rest.

But you know why wouldn't they make Master hand playable? or Giga bowser? to make them normal characters all you have to do is scale em down and make their moves less destructive.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
The only time you will bother fighting Petey will be in the beginning as Kirby... thats all and he will have a few moves not an ENTIRE move set.

So why not make Knuckle Joe playable when he has (Likely) almost as many moves at Petey will have?

You all make it out as if Move sets are all a character needs to be playable... they need to do A LOT more than just move sets to make a character playable like the rest.

But you know why wouldn't they make Master hand playable? or Giga bowser? to make them normal characters all you have to do is scale em down and make their moves less destructive.
But Giga Bowser is just Bowser but bigger and a little sicker looking. I personally was never upset that I couldn't play as him since he was just Bowser. Master and Crazy Hand are truly bosses though. They stay on one part of the screen allowing you to hit them, they don't dodge, they follow set paths and have a stamina bar. Even if you could play as them...would you really want to?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Thank goodness he's not playable! I can sleep easy now. ^_^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Screw Peach...I'd save Zelda...

Even IF Shiek is not in the game...which I doubt...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
im saving zelda, screw peach!
**** yeah. I'm saving the one with magic. I imagine the one you save will probably be partnered with you for a bit in the story mode. If that's the case, I want someone one who's gonna blow **** up.

Though I do love Peach.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Best Update Week.

Also, didn't i tell you that he would fight with the cages?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You seriously thought that Petey would be playable?

Worst prediction ever!

But yhea screw peach im saving the one with magic! (Which is better than turnips...)

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Even though I like Zelda better...I'm saving Peach. Peach was the only character in Melee I turly LOATHED fighting against. I kinda want to get on her good side you know?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zelda in the least looks intelligent...Peach looks brain dead

Top Bottom