• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hehe now this was a stage I definitly didn't expect in the least...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
This is definitely my least favorite stage. It's got great music, but nothing about it seems fun and I hate the style. I think the whole thing's cheesy, it looks ugly, and the rationalization is very weak.

A remix of 1-1 in modern graphics would have been awesome, but this goes so far past that it doesn't even feel "Mario" anymore, much less the level it's based off of.
I totally agree with you on the style thing...I really wish they had just gone with the "Classic" NES look...it looks more like a Zelda/Mario fusion this way...I mean it's a nice stage and I'll prolly use it...but it doesn't really look like a Mario stage besides the layout and general idea.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Friday will probably one of the New Characters.. I hope.

This stage is neat though. I like the music too. Win!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
This is definitely my least favorite stage. It's got great music, but nothing about it seems fun and I hate the style. I think the whole thing's cheesy, it looks ugly, and the rationalization is very weak.

A remix of 1-1 in modern graphics would have been awesome, but this goes so far past that it doesn't even feel "Mario" anymore, much less the level it's based off of.
Actually, I know what you mean..... look how "deserty" it looks.....

I don't mean too much by this, but it almost makes you think... Iraq? Iran? :ohwell:

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Looking at this stage...it makes me think of how everyone freaked out over the non-realistic graphics in Wind Waker....what if Mario had Twilight Princess-realistic graphics...like an entire Mario game that looked like this...think we'd have the same freak out?

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I love the music, but I hate the stage with a passion, another stage I'll never play on. I'd rather play on Great Bay, though there is a special place in my heart for that stage and Majora's Mask. Why are all the Mushroom Kingdom stages ******** ;\.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
EDIT: Love the stage, and the fact that we finally got some Mario music, but I don't like the music arrangement too much.

Blackadder

Smash Master

I kinda like it. It's slightly...disturbing. I mean, sure, it drives right away from what Mario is meant to be, which only makes the impact harder.

I like it. It's different.
Though I'm not a fan of scrolling stages. :(

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
We seriously can't complain about stages since we have a Stage Creator. Seriously, guys.

Oh, and Ridley needs to be shown one way or the other; so I know whether to curse Sakurai or bless him. Enough with the stalling...Japan gets it in 8 days!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Either Lucario/Ness/Jiggs, he surely noticed the leak...

Now, if I get into wishful thinking... GENO! along with the Mario music we've been waiting... Beware the forest's mushrooms!
^ Quoting myself.

I don't freaking believe it, that's why I don't predict anything... it backfires.

(as in, I wanted Beware the forest mushrooms to be the Mario music and we got "Mushroomy Kingdom" instead ¬¬)

Nevertheless, I think it's a good stage.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
This looks like a fun stage, its a moving stage, but not one we are use to. Honestly, we have all played scrolling levels in the old 2D days, if there is going to be a good moving stage to fight on it will be this one, almost all of us remember world 1-1 and 1-2.

And to boot we have the stage creator, so if you go, "Oh my god! This stage is too hard to fight on!" Than you can just create a stage that suits your taste better. However, you will need to learn how to fight on moving stages, becouse other people online might love these stages and if your on a moving stage with little to moderate experience playing on, you will lose.

Edit: I feel the look of the stage may fit into Brawl a lot better than if it looked normal, remember , the Smash World is under attack, and having the mushroom kingdom looking as perfect as ever, really fit into that? No. Who knows, maybe there is another reason that will be explained in the SSE.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Best stage ever :grin:
I love the redesign, brings back the memory, and it even reminds me of home(Live in AZ/Mexico) :)
The music is astounding as well. And it'd make the perfect elevator music :laugh:

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Mario music is teh pwn.

The stage is awkward, but soo oldskool, I think I'll love this stage. C'mon people, for a lot of us..

THIS is where it all started....
Ahhh the memories.
I may have Started on Green Hill Zone instead of World 1-1, but even I enjoy this stage to no end.

I wonder if they will do something like this for the Sonic Stage.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the desert setting is unlike the Mario universe at all.

It honestly reminds me of the desert world from New Super Mario Bros.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
So has anyone else thought about how weird it will be to have sonic running around in the first 2 iconic mario levels?

O.o

Green Hill/Marble Zone FTW! XD

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Yeah where the hell's the update?

No... where the ****'s the update? !

Don't tell me I stayed up for NOTHING.

Maybe they're doing it manually or something this time. All I know is that it better get up soon. I planned to be in bed by now!! = /

Top Bottom