• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
Well arent you people whiny little babies. I thought this update was good to read and been recorded down.

Its great to see how exactly to configure your controls.

So stop whining little immature freaks.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
Well arent you people whiny little babies. I thought this update was good to read and been recorded down.

yea i agree with this guy i thought todays update was really good just b/c it wasnt a new character dosent mean that an update sucks and i didnt no until today that you can change the buttons to your controllers the way you like

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I love the fact that you can turn off the "jump" command on your control stick. That will help me a lot.

Also, I'm loving that you can try out your configuration before you leave. No more are the days of "Slight adjustment... find training... test... don't like it... go back... another slight adjustment... find training... test... don't like it... go back... (repeat)".

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
you know when sakurai says, "Wow, I hate to say it, but we really have thought of everything."?

This statement just confirms that this game will be the ultimate smash game and we got nothing to worry about. Sakurai has been making smash games for a long time now and as bad as you say the updates are will not affect the overall awesome-ness of the game.

I personally thought this update was sweet and I am actually really, really grateful that they delayed the game. I remeber in a previous update, a long time ago they said that they might not be able to implement this feature. This is probably because of the release date coming up fast (the original release date) but now that they delayed it, they can now implement this awesome lttle features that wil just give the lustre that will make brawl the best game ever.

In conclusion: Sakurai is a genius; this guy knows what is best.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I love how cocky Sakurai got at the end of today's update.
"Wow, I hate to say it, but we really have thought of everything."

It made me lol. I don't remember the last time Sakurai actually made me lol. But he is right, they are thinking of everything. This game is going to be phenominal. I just hope they get around to actually fitting everything they thought of into Brawl. :laugh:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I had dreads but I got rid of them, I wanted them with the rainbow tips, but it woulda been so unprofessional if I ever got an internship in politics. Oh well, short afro for now.
We should start an afro alliance... or clan! *Gets slaps with 2 infraction points for mentioning clans too early*

I still don't see the Gamecube's controls getting any more optimized, though.

I love how cocky Sakurai got at the end of today's update.
"Wow, I hate to say it, but we really have thought of everything."

It made me lol. I don't remember the last time Sakurai actually made me lol. But he is right, they are thinking of everything. This game is going to be phenominal. I just hope they get around to actually fitting everything they thought of into Brawl. :laugh:
You know, that really makes me think that they knew they weren't going to make the original date. I mean, they knew they had so much stuff to put in the game, something could go wrong or wouldn't be easily implemented--online, for example.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

I agree, I loved today's update. It actually meant something to me, because I've been waiting for the Nunchuck set up for a while. I'm actually thinking of using it once the game comes out, partially because I want a different feel and partially because my Gamecube controller broke and I can't find a place to buy a new one.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Because that update only stated you could link control type with name, and the current one stated you could fully customize the control type you chose and actually send it to the Wiimote, in contrary to just stating the Wiimote implementation was pending?

Seriously, Meta Knight's B moves were basically just explanations of how the B moves described worked, and we already knew that from E4A.

No, read it again. The original update said that you could customize the controls first.

So all wel learned was turning the jump off on the joystick. Carrying your names in the Wiimote was a given to anyone already.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Um...have you tried pressing down on the c-stick to do a down-air (when you don't want to fast fall)?
Yeah, duh, that's what I do now. But then why are all these people saying this tap option is good when they could just use the C-stick?

If you want to do a quick shuffle with Falcon to do his stomp, you'd get it off much earlier tilting the joystick down and pressing the A button after the jump rather than pushing the c-stick down after the jump. It just feels a lot better and smoother, but try doing it off the ledge and it's likely to get you killed, especially with a fast faller like Falcon. Anyway, that wasn't really the point of my post, but rather just a small "oh pooh" in reference to it working with the up tilt but not the down. hehe

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
expect something from revealed characters special moves to something we have seen at the e for all convention in Los Angeles. I am going with... Recovery items like the maximum tomato, food and the heart container.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
expect something from revealed characters special moves to something we have seen at the e for all convention in Los Angeles. I am going with... Recovery items like the maximum tomato, food and the heart container.
i hope that isnt an update anytime soon

Items: you must recover...

Heart container
Maximum tomoato
Food

that would be horrible.. :(

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
OK, Let's get this party started. If I'm staying up then so are the rest of you.
I predict moderatly interesting updates leading up to a mindblowing revelation an dec. 3rd. Tonight? Green hill zone for a sonic stage.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
hmm, I'm gonna say double update music and stage, possibly green hill zone and music for it.

Top Bottom