• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh ****...Brawl is going to be the best game ever!!!

STAGE BUILDER!!!

All the traps I want!!!:chuckle:

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I'm wondering about this feature is how it will work over wifi. I would think custom stages would be accessable via Smash Friends, but I wonder if battles against random people can take place in custom stage as well.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
looks like no one saw my post lol

I'm still a bit doubtful about this. Something tells me the stage builder mode is only going to have genericly shaped blocks to make a stage from, and bland backgrounds, and that it might get old quick, once people get tired of making birthday-cake, castle, and ***** shaped stages.
Maybe, but I saw a few pieces that were oddly shaped and some that even combines with other blocks, I think we are simple seeing the bare bone basics. Further more, if they have the energy to put traps in, that they will not just makes the "Generic Block" but also more tiles and shapes.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Not certain if that was a joke or not, but...

Not necessarily. Remember the stages from Melee? Of Ness' three stage songs in the game, only one was from his game. The other two were from the first game.
You have that backwards. lol. But I know what you meant.

Unless one song was in both of them.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you can add hazards..
Lava,bomb blocks,KRAID,LOL:chuckle: forget fighting, just survive..
Hes already shown hes willing to give you the power to place traps, who's to say that spikes, ice and treadmills are the only traps in your arsenal?

I have a feeling that we will be able to set up a veritable weapons platform of traps and dangers in each stages. Who knows, we might even be able to use some of the level specific hazards, like the Halberd's Turret, or a Metal Gear? We might even get some hazards not available in the main game simply for making even better stages.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I wonder if you can apply other rules as well. Like for example, if I made a cube shaped platform, if I could get it to rotate every once in a while, posing as a threat to players.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you can apply other rules as well. Like for example, if I made a cube shaped platform, if I could get it to rotate every once in a while, posing as a threat to players.
If you look at some of the blocks in the Trap Stage picture, you can see some blocks with down arrows, those might be crushing block, or fall away blocks.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hes already shown hes willing to give you the power to place traps, who's to say that spikes, ice and treadmills are the only traps in your arsenal?

I have a feeling that we will be able to set up a veritable weapons platform of traps and dangers in each stages. Who knows, we might even be able to use some of the level specific hazards, like the Halberd's Turret, or a Metal Gear? We might even get some hazards not available in the main game simply for making even better stages.
good point there, and yeah , maybe even game specific ones, that be awesome:cool:
who knows,maybe they'll go as far as letting u make scrolling levels:dizzy:

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
good point there, and yeah , maybe even game specific ones, that be awesome:cool:
who knows,maybe they'll go as far as letting u make scrolling levels:dizzy:
With the CURRENT level of the builder it doesn't seems possible, but who's to say, Sakurai likes to keep a few Aces in his hand, and a dozen more under the table.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
you could just grab stages from other places and they would be awesome for brawl

example

STAGE

STAGE

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
you could just grab stages from other places and they would be awesome for brawl

example

STAGE

STAGE
Umm, in the Quickman level (I think thats who it is) How are you going to KO, and don't they seem a little empty. Maybe adding hazards the fit the area, like those buzz saws fly out at random times.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Umm, in the Quickman level (I think thats who it is) How are you going to KO, and don't they seem a little empty. Maybe adding hazards the fit the area, like those buzz saws fly out at random times.
That's Metal Man

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
WOW. I just woke up to have my mind blown by this update.
Seriously did I just get laid or what?

On a serious note, I think sakurai really wants us to play this game FOREVER(Look at how many times he said so in the update). And at the rate this games seems to be going that is going to be no problem.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
oh ****, this just made my ****in day! so many possibilities

Wow, were what, about 3 months away from the games release? What else could be bigger?(than char confirmation) This is shaping up to being one of the greatest games ever!! This isn't just a fighting game anymore, its some kind of deluxe extravaganza of interactive entertainment!! like kirby ss or sumthin

blayde_axel

Smash Master
oh ****, this just made my ****in day! so many possibilities

Wow, were what, about 3 months away from the games release? What else could be bigger?(than char confirmation) This is shaping up to being one of the greatest games ever!! This isn't just a fighting game anymore, its some kind of deluxe extravaganza of interactive entertainment!! like kirby ss or sumthin
Honestly, game modes should be the most important. Sure, characters are nice, but without game modes, you'd have sweet characters to look at... and that's it.

So, I'm hoping for some new ultimate game modes! Like "Custom Moveset" or "Call Sakurai."

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully.
It'll be a newcomer still as there is one space to make it even with the Vetrans.
At this moment, I don't want to see any newcomers for a while, I'm more interested in seeing who will return and how much, if any, they've been changed. Characters like Marth, Shiek, Falco, Jiggly Puff, Mewtwo and Ness have been up in the air for a while, I'd really like to know if they will or wont return. And of course there's characters like Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch which people feel will return and just need to be placed on the page. New faces are nice, but I really want to see some of those characters we aready love make their comeback.

MisfitFan

Smash Cadet
At this moment, I don't want to see any newcomers for a while, I'm more interested in seeing who will return and how much, if any, they've been changed. Characters like Marth, Shiek, Falco, Jiggly Puff, Mewtwo and Ness have been up in the air for a while, I'd really like to know if they will or wont return. And of course there's characters like Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch which people feel will return and just need to be placed on the page. New faces are nice, but I really want to see some of those characters we aready love make their comeback.
QFT i really want falco now i wana see his new moveset

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Omg man stage builder if the gameplay on this is good this game will be emaculate!
Tonights prediction is...Character Builder?!.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
OH COME ON!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

i have to be right one time

item- regular item/AT

music Mario

how to play -air dodging

metaknightp0wns

Smash Apprentice
i am pretty sure that there will b no newcomers this week but tommorow will be either music bulider or loader i think or .............. their will be a verten charater but i am just guessing so if im wrong im sorry....

EricaO_O

Smash Rookie
I hope ssbbrawl will not be a dissapointment. i know it wont be because of its kick-*** characters stages and new level editor >_<

Top Bottom