• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The subject doesn't matter for an image; what matters is that you give it proper personality. Cookie-cutter designs are cookie-cutter designs whether you set them up for Castlevania, Fullmetal Alchemist, Lollipop Chainsaw, or Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

He lost to you and Tech, then next tournament beat you and Bowyer.

He either had a bad day, or had a lucky day. With only those two tournaments you can't really tell and the one good tournament isn't good enough for instant rank.
ok, i guess

but what about bowyer? how is he 4th with losses to fzk and pzo, both unranked? he actually went up with those losses. he also lost to ori in pools.

Yooooooooooooooooo

Told u Castlevania was whack.

Picking popular series is dumb if it doesn't fit the people that are being ranked. I'd rather wait 3-4 days for a good image that fits the overall theme than get a copy pasta of an old season the next day.

Solution? Make a new image with a persona 3 or Persona 4 theme.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hey.

I wanted One Piece.

And how does Persona fit MI? lol Lets just do a mixed anime theme just to make Juan mad. Lmao.

Actually I would even do Pokemon Gym Leaders at this point. I dont the image looks bad but it doesn't fit us when 4 people in this entire state know the series.

And I am too lazy to explain stuff so I'll let Kevin be the voice for the panel this time.

:yeahboi:

Persona fits Michigan perfectly.

And doing overly generic/mainstream anime makes things boring. If it's not obscure than it doesn't fit MI, and if it's too obscure then nobody knows it.

Mixed anime is horrible as well unless they fit an overall theme

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lolol not sure where I was going with this.

....oh yeah, here Tech, have a signature banner LOL

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I strongly agree with the above statement. I know you were screwing around Ankoku but its really simple yet effective. And somehow you knew to use one of my favorite Gym Leaders of all time lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If everyone wants a better image, I'll do work, I actually have a nice idea that ive been messing around with this morning. Also, I'd be down for a newer/better image. But If you wanna go with the thing Ankoku made, I know exactly how he did it haha so I could potentially tweek it.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ty sir, I wanna see if i guessed everything right haha. Also Gio, i didnt know who was good/bad since they all look similar lololol

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yup Ankoku I recognized everything you did for about 80% of it. I saw some new things in there that looked like interesting ways to approach adding images within shapes. I'm going to mess around with that layout for a bit I like it ;)

Also, I will go make one for each player on the rankings list

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Almost half of those guys are bad lolol.
I like it a lot, but if everyone wants something different then I guess I'm down.
The gym leader thing looked pretty legit. I kinda like how Falkner looks, but maybe they should all be surprises lol.

fZk

Smash Lord
I only remember the original Pokemon, so i want to be the ninja guy thta used the poison pokemon. I don't remember his name though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I only remember the original Pokemon, so i want to be the ninja guy thta used the poison pokemon. I don't remember his name though.
fZk you don't wanna be Juan? He was the one of the coolest from Gen 3

dat devilish flow~

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ori, I assume you're talking about layer masks. They're pretty useful because you can unlink the mask from the image and drag the image around while the boundary stays. I sometimes use it for cutting, rendering, too, since it makes it much easier to undo mistakes.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
2-2 as much as I love you, buddy, you troll too much.

How much of Castlevania have you actually played?
I don't play bad games.

Also picking your favorite gym leader is a bad idea, it's better to just pick gym leaders that match the players, be it personality or Pokemon type they use.

If you want I can pick everyone's gym leader for them. I know everyone in this state better than anyone else.

Actually I am going too, I'll send you a PM with the list

Top Bottom