• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U The Official MI Smash 4 Power Rankings Thread - NEW RANKINGS LIVE

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
So it's true that Michigan can make such glorius and detailed PR images. I fangasmed quite a bit at the S2 image. Everything is perfectly fitting. Nice one, Ori!

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Interesting stuff so far this season. Nearly 1 month through and it's becoming clear who are the players on the rise. I wonder when @ Sparky15 Sparky15 will return to us?

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Interesting stuff so far this season. Nearly 1 month through and it's becoming clear who are the players on the rise. I wonder when @ Sparky15 Sparky15 will return to us?
HAAAIIIIII! :] Sorry I couldn't meet you at SFW5. Life was being inconvenient. Also, I officially live in Redford now. I'll try my best to attend Rebirth V. Unfortunately, I'll most likely not attend TBH5, but I still hope I can!

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
Aaaay I'm on the spreadsheet. :) A couple things worth mentioning.

exJORDanary? You should capitalize the rest my name.

I know this doesn't matter, but for the sake of my pride, I went DK in my match vs Zyth in winner's quarters when I lost to him because I only had a few minutes before I needed to leave for work so I knew I had to forfeit, and I thought the ditto would be fun. I didn't expect to be on the spreadsheet and have all my losses listed haha. In the same vein, Seth only used secondaries at the first tourney of the season where he lost to Adrian, no Falcon.

Lastly, I'm sure you're aware obviously, but the head to head chart is very far behind.

I know I won't make PR this season, but thanks for noticing that I'm putting in effort. MI4ever

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Aaaay I'm on the spreadsheet. :) A couple things worth mentioning.

exJORDanary? You should capitalize the rest my name.

I know this doesn't matter, but for the sake of my pride, I went DK in my match vs Zyth in winner's quarters when I lost to him because I only had a few minutes before I needed to leave for work so I knew I had to forfeit, and I thought the ditto would be fun. I didn't expect to be on the spreadsheet and have all my losses listed haha. In the same vein, Seth only used secondaries at the first tourney of the season where he lost to Adrian, no Falcon.

Lastly, I'm sure you're aware obviously, but the head to head chart is very far behind.

I know I won't make PR this season, but thanks for noticing that I'm putting in effort. MI4ever
I'll fix your name

It was noted that you had to forfeit out.

The head to head is updated once a month.

Time will tell friend.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
In Seth's case at least, it doesn't matter if he used secondaries or used Falcon. A loss is a loss and will be considered independent of what character was used.

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
In Seth's case at least, it doesn't matter if he used secondaries or used Falcon. A loss is a loss and will be considered independent of what character was used.
Kyle, you don't make the rules my man. If we're gonna make it as black and white as, "all losses are considered equal, period" than we might as well have the PR decided by a computer program. The fact that a panel of humans decided the PR and not a program means that everything isn't that black and white, and there are certain factors to be considered when trying to accurately rank our players. Otherwise we'd only need one guy at the end of the season to tally up the numbers and pump out a pr list based purely on raw statistics, no conversation necessary. If the panel decides that the fact that Seth used strictly Doc that tourney is irrelevant, fine, but there's no harm in having the all the information, and using it. I'm pretty sure in the first season, Pzo's earlier tournaments when he used characters like Wario and lost to players like an even worse than now version of myself weren't considered nearly as much as the tournaments that he had a lot of success in after he started using Diddy. They couldn't have been, or his rank wouldn't have made sense. The panel of able minded individuals obviously realized that his pre diddy tournaments weren't nearly as accurate a reflection of his skill compared to the rest of the state. I think the same logic applies here. Even without my incredible bias, you guys know how good Seth is. He's been to a million tournaments and he's 4-0 vs Adrian with Falcon. Obviously we can't just ignore results because a person claims they weren't using their best character, but a situation where anybody who's trying to squeeze into the PR is afraid to get tournament experience with their secondaries isn't a great thing imo.

This post is soooooo long oh my goodness.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Yes, pzo lost a bunch due to using random characters. Yes, it affected his record. What got him his ranking was his amazing and consistent results towards the end.

I guess I didn't clarify exactly what I meant. Seths early losses probably won't matter that much this season, especially if he keeps playing good. But that's because recent activity and consistency means much more than the super early stuff.
What I'm trying to say is, for example, it doesn't matter if I switched characters for a set to a secondary, because I could be doing so knowing that I would lose with my main, in an effort to make that loss mean less/nothing.

Lastly, it might be worth mentioning that while the OP hasn't been updated yet, I was the one who added you to the spreadsheet. ;)

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
Well it seems like we're on the same page mostly. Your original response was just a bit definitive, so I appreciate the clarity. I agree with you for the most part.

Get destroyed.
This I don't understand haha. Kyle is a good friend of mine. He respected the results I've been getting recently and thought I deserved to beer considered for PR. Man, I got bodied..?

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, you don't make the rules my man. If we're gonna make it as black and white as, "all losses are considered equal, period" than we might as well have the PR decided by a computer program. The fact that a panel of humans decided the PR and not a program means that everything isn't that black and white, and there are certain factors to be considered when trying to accurately rank our players. Otherwise we'd only need one guy at the end of the season to tally up the numbers and pump out a pr list based purely on raw statistics, no conversation necessary. If the panel decides that the fact that Seth used strictly Doc that tourney is irrelevant, fine, but there's no harm in having the all the information, and using it. I'm pretty sure in the first season, Pzo's earlier tournaments when he used characters like Wario and lost to players like an even worse than now version of myself weren't considered nearly as much as the tournaments that he had a lot of success in after he started using Diddy. They couldn't have been, or his rank wouldn't have made sense. The panel of able minded individuals obviously realized that his pre diddy tournaments weren't nearly as accurate a reflection of his skill compared to the rest of the state. I think the same logic applies here. Even without my incredible bias, you guys know how good Seth is. He's been to a million tournaments and he's 4-0 vs Adrian with Falcon. Obviously we can't just ignore results because a person claims they weren't using their best character, but a situation where anybody who's trying to squeeze into the PR is afraid to get tournament experience with their secondaries isn't a great thing imo.

This post is soooooo long oh my goodness.
Jordan just try to delegitimize my only good win this season ;~;
I mean it's not like I'm even going to be on pr anyway soo...

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
Hey just a heads up, you gave smasher a loss to nom at oh did I win, but you didn't give nom a win over smasher.

#hawkeye

Last edited:

gameliking

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gameliking
If I could get a results thread up could you add the Play N Trade tourney?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The Power Rankings should be released tonight, the panel is having their final meeting on deciding the list. Once the list is released the graphic should be out sometime this weekend!

Until then, I'm going to update the OP in preparations for the next season.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The Season 3 Smash 4 Power Rankings have been released! Congrats to those who retained their rankings, made their return, or are brand new!

1. Pulse | Zinoto :4diddy:
2. Rayquaza07 :rosalina:
3. Pulse | Ryuga :4myfriends:
4. Pulse | LOE1 :4luigi:
5. Ksev :4fox:
6. Regralht :4yoshi:
7. Shockwave | Lou Rich :4sheik:
8. Sethsational :4falcon:
9. ***** :4tlink:
10. Nom :4olimar::4sheik:
11. Mikey Lenetia :4peach:
12. Smasher1001 :4mario:
13. FS | Chris :4yoshi:
14. Shockwave | PzO :4diddy::4mario:
15. Oblivion :4ness::4falcon:

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, is there a link to the spreadsheets for previous seasons still? I think it would be good to keep a copy available for those to see how everyone did each season, unless I'm just blind and it's there and I'm missing it? I went to check the chart for season 2 but couldn't find it.

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
Just wondering, is there a link to the spreadsheets for previous seasons still? I think it would be good to keep a copy available for those to see how everyone did each season, unless I'm just blind and it's there and I'm missing it? I went to check the chart for season 2 but couldn't find it.
I still have the links :)

Season 1

Season 2

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
WHO ADDED ME TO THE SPREADSHEET KYAAA >///< NOW IM PRESSURED AND PPL WILL CELEBRATE AFTER BEATING ME

iyaa yamete
konai de ~ >///<;

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
WHO ADDED ME TO THE SPREADSHEET KYAAA >///< NOW IM PRESSURED AND PPL WILL CELEBRATE AFTER BEATING ME

iyaa yamete
konai de ~ >///<;
The people who once cheered for you will do so against you know.

loljk I was getting a bit worried about that at first. But then I realized that I don't care that much about PR. ... Unless Ori can make FRIGGIN' CARDS OUT OF THE PR IMAGES NOW! ;~;

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The people who once cheered for you will do so against you know.

loljk I was getting a bit worried about that at first. But then I realized that I don't care that much about PR. ... Unless Ori can make FRIGGIN' CARDS OUT OF THE PR IMAGES NOW! ;~;
I can make just about anything, I'm a Graphic Designer for a living haha

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
if u beat one or for sure two more PRs this season u'd be pretty much eligible to be put on the spreadsheet
Looking at smasher's results and head to head so far, he's doing really strong this season and that's a rly good win u have. Plus u have john cena and king beef

Top Bottom