• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Z series Zero is crappy. I think it should be Zero from Megaman X.
And why exactly is he crappy? Its the exact same thing as saying that megaman (thats right, I mean original) is crappy without a justification. Face it, its the same crap. Not only is the Zero series Zero better because he can take the damage without having to accuire heart tanks, but he can also beat the crap out of any boss without using the ***** way out like using the weakness of a boss, and even if you do use it, they have at least double the health of an X series Boss. That and he also has arguably the better art design.

Not saying Original megaman sucks, just using him as an example to proove a point. I am quite fond of the little guy *goes to play MM Anniversary Collection*.

Also, sorry if it seemed like flaming, but you caught me at a very vulnerable moment.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Zero first appeared in the X series, and has since been the ultimate companion to Megaman. MM Zero is also not as popular as Megaman X. If it wasn't Zero from X then Protoman should be entered as Megamans partner.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Zero first appeared in the X series, and has since been the ultimate companion to Megaman. MM Zero is also not as popular as Megaman X. If it wasn't Zero from X then Protoman should be entered as Megamans partner.
Agreed on the protoman, but still not on the Zero. For one, you cant realy prove popularity, an while you are correct on saying that he first appeared in the X series, that Zero has been destroyed so many times it has become completely annoying. That And the X series went down hill after x3, arguably x4 and for sure after x5. However, the Zero series remained great throughout.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Not only is the Zero series Zero better because he can take the damage without having to accuire heart tanks, but he can also beat the crap out of any boss without using the ***** way out like using the weakness of a boss, and even if you do use it, they have at least double the health of an X series Boss.
i can beat an MM or MMX boss withouth using there weakness...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Eh, Capcom as a whole is really gettin on my nerves. They have absolutely no Megaman titles out for the next generation systems.

^^I'm startin to be really irritated....

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
06 since you seem to like all the megaman series, which one is your favorite?
Trick question, I like them all. :)

but on a serious note, I am quite fond of Megaman 2, 5-7 more than any other games. Those were the first megaman games I ever played and they got me hooked when they were released.
Zero is just my favorite character from all the series.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I liked MegaMan and Bass for the Gameboy SP. I liked playing as Bass, who is one of my favorite characters. umm...I like Zero from the X-series better than Zero from the ...zero series. I remember when I first played as zero...good times.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Me and my friends have discussed this ever since the original SSB came out, and we all want to see Megaman in Brawl. I mean come on, if they can keep adding more and more crappy Pokemon to the game, then they can at least give us Megaman.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I liked MegaMan and Bass for the Gameboy SP. I liked playing as Bass, who is one of my favorite characters. umm...I like Zero from the X-series better than Zero from the ...zero series. I remember when I first played as zero...good times.
Megaman Battle Network series owns (especially 2 and 3). That series is awsome as heck, and I have beaten al lof them, and got every battle chip, health upgrade, etc. and beaten every single boss and secret boss.

The MBN series has tons upon tons of bonus bosses that are extremely hard and challenge you to the max, and with all the side content, you never can get bored (unless your stuck, lol). Plus the combat system is one of the best I've ever seen, and the battlechips are friggen awsome!

The CLASSIC Megaman series owns too (mainly 1, 2, 7, and 8), and I really enjoyed it. I finally beat 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8=crazy hard games, especially 4, though 2 or 3 is harder IMO. Almost beat 6 too, and I'm pretty far in 3. Man this series is hard, lol=takes soooo many tries and attempts to beat, lol!

The Megaman X series owned too, I've only beaten 1 and 8, lol. Megaman Zero owns as well, but I've only beaten 1, and 2 and have played only a little of 3. I never played the Legends series, but I've heard it was exellent.

As for my fav Megaman series, I'd go with MBN series is the best, and MBN 3 is the best game of that series, or best Megaman game IMO, but they all pretty much own! Megaman for Brawl! :) :) :)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Me and my friends have discussed this ever since the original SSB came out, and we all want to see Megaman in Brawl. I mean come on, if they can keep adding more and more crappy Pokemon to the game, then they can at least give us Megaman.
i completely agree. i can still remember looking for cheats to unlock him on ssb64. which reminds me, people who post false cheats suck!:mad:

strider43

Smash Journeyman
His sabre was like the automatic K'O to bosses and enemies. If megaman fought zero he would get owned. That all changed in x4 and higher, when zero was less of an "ownage" secondary character and became a main in the story

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
His sabre was like the automatic K'O to bosses and enemies. If megaman fought zero he would get owned. That all changed in x4 and higher, when zero was less of an "ownage" secondary character and became a main in the story
you are right, but i misunderstood the context in which you used the word "rapist".:laugh:
too bad zero has zero chance of bein in brawl....

strider43

Smash Journeyman
^^^^ Don't lose hope just yet my friend, good ol' Mr. Nintendo will make all our dreams come true somehow...

I

i8waffles612

Well, i dont know much about Megaman but i have been studying him lately. He looks like quite a character. He looks pretty cool.

He would make a fine addition to the roster!

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Man, if mageman end up in brawl
i will pee my pants with excitement...

He is like the best addition to brawl SAMU VS MEGAMAN

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, if mageman end up in brawl
i will pee my pants with excitement...

He is like the best addition to brawl SAMU VS MEGAMAN
Heck yes that is what I'm talking about! Samus vs. Dark Samus vs. Megaman vs. Bomberman (might make it, might not :ohwell:)=totally awsome!

500 posts w00t=o ya! :laugh: :) ;)

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I would love to see megaman in brawl
basically because he is a perfect fit to brawl

yea sorry I have a better chance of being in brawl than bomber man

whats he gonna do throw bombs??

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love to see megaman in brawl
basically because he is a perfect fit to brawl

yea sorry I have a better chance of being in brawl than bomber man

whats he gonna do throw bombs??
He's at least got a 20% shot or so. He is one of the biggest video gaming characters, and is probably in the top 5 most wanted 3rd party characters. (behind only Sonic, Geno, and Megaman, and maybe 1 other) Bomberman has more moves then just throwing bombs, I dunno, I've only played the classic bomberman games, buti can guarentee you Bomberman has tons of other moves! :)

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
yeah but if they dont think hes a good fit to be in the game then he wont even if he is a trademark character and is popular, because that doesnt affect whether they get in or not.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Snake is more than likely the exception to the rule, since he was put in mostly b/c Kojima requested it. and quite frankly, since he is a thrid party candidate, I'd rather have Geno after Megs. Megs should be in sincehe's been on at leastthree nintendo consoles.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah, and i think capcom is comin out with a new megaman gane for the Wii. If they do he will have been on EVERY Nintendo console (in some form or another).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah, and i think capcom is comin out with a new megaman gane for the Wii. If they do he will have been on EVERY Nintendo console (in some form or another).
All the ones that weren't total failures, or projects Nintendo stoppped doing, or course!

Originlly Posted by Ryaneatworld
yeah but if they dont think hes a good fit to be in the game then he wont even if he is a trademark character and is popular, because that doesnt affect whether they get in or not.
Wat Bomberman not popular, what are you talking about=??? Bomberman isn't as big as Megaman, but he's still pretty darn big! And let me tell you, just about every gamer knows who Megaman is and reconizes him. The only real gamers who don't reconize or know who Megaman is say and wonder the same thing about Mario! You can't get much bigger than Megaman!

Originally Posted by Classic-Black
Snake is more than likely the exception to the rule, since he was put in mostly b/c Kojima requested it.
Snake was started on a Nintendo system in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. I bet most SSB fans wouldn't and don't know that=ya. Also Snake stared in a MGS game on the GC exclusively. Plus all three of them sold well, and Snake is one of the most popular characters in video gaming=ya. Solid Snake fits in perfectly will the cast anyways, and adds some more much needed original character to the roster. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i think a black/grey color combo for mm would be sick as hell
If Megaman made it into Brawl, he'd easily have the most costumes to choose from (making it hard, because most of them are awsome), and he could have so many diffrent colors, it excites me. Sick as hell couldn't geet anywhere near to explain how awsome the variations and sweet costumes Megaman could have in Brawl. ;)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of Megaman's net navi form. His attacks can probably use various Battle Chips. For example:

SPECIAL MOVES:
-Cybersword, Widesword or Longsword
-Cannon
-MiniBoomer

GUARD
-Met Guard or Barrier

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone is talking about megaman X for the first 3 games. In the rest he looks gay and kinda weak. In the first 3, X was like the bomber awesome shiz wiz and the story line was just so cool.

Top Bottom