• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah where talkin about the original, the onethat satrted it all, the one synonomous to the NES era, and who has a better shot, and screw .exe megaman :p

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, it's possible I already posted here at least once, but yeah, I'm hoping tomorrow night (technically tonight actually) we'll see some Megaman love from Sakurai and team. Obviously the original has the best shot, and deserves it the most, but I wouldn't shed any tears if Megaman X made it in instead. On the other hand, Megaman already got a chance to shine in a fighting game... (well, multiple fighting games actually) ...but I guess that could also mean he has a good shot for Brawl.

Honestly I don't expect him to make it, but I DO think he is probably the most obvious or wanted choice after Sonic. He's been around, and is well known/loved.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Bulbasaur!!! Heh. (I'm really holding out for WW Link as he has the best shot of anyone I just mentioned.)

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I think the original is more built for a fighting game, not only with the abilities of the numerous RMs, but he's been in 3 fighting efforts, 4 if you count the SFesque mode in MM7 where you pick either MM or Bass.

If it is X i won't mind...too much

If it's megaman (Captain N verson) I'm not sure if i'll cry or nerdgasm.

anyone else would make me angry.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ bluebomber22
That Capt. N version was awful, but it should be a alternate outfit for Megaman just for a few billion laughs!

Anyways, the original is who I want. I like all the Megamans, but the original is built for a fighting game, owned in Marvel vs. Capcom, and not to mention he's the best Megaman ever! Still I'd like a outfit for a lot of the other Megamans, and a alternate outfit of Megaman without the helmet would be pretty sick. (sorta like Legends) :)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^^^^
lol. why did he say "mega" before everything?

@johnknight1
a costume without a helmet would be super sick! kinda like on MM2 when he posed with his hair blowing in the breeze. that would be nice winning stance

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Megaman 2 (best original Megaman game next to 8), and Legends=friggen sick! Seriously this is sorta off topic, but that Megaman 2 and 8 opening are seriously some of the best openings in all of video gaming! Good idea with the hair blowing in the wind...just as long as Megaman's hair isn't longer than Zelda's! ;) Also, Captain N. said "mega" before everything because he knew how sick Megaman was=answers a lot of questions! :laugh:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^^^^
hahahah this is a great way to pass the time waiting on the brawl site to re-open!

have you guys heard about a mega man remake (downloadable) for the PS3? i think it actually may be a remake of powered up. which would be a remake of a remake. why cant they just make new games?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yae the site is up, seriously check, though it is disappointing, we'll get some more info soon most likely! :) I'm not jk, check it out, would Johnknight1 ever lie to you=?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was checkin the musicians, hopin to see a guy that worked on a MM game, yet nothing, this worries me, yet theres a lot of SEGA guys in there, does anyone know by any chance if any of them worked on a MM game?

Yet being sakurai, I bet if one DID work on a megaman game, he wouldnt mention, just like no one was mentioning of nayone that worked on a sonic game, and e all knw sonic is practically in XD

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah i wouldn't put too much into it stryks, there were no compsers for strafox and the donkey kong series either and we both know those characters are in the game. It just means that the composers they have chosen have talent becuase they have worked on other titles.

They know know that by listing what titles the composers have worked they can generate a lot of hype. plus they wouldn't be dumb enough to leak characters through the list of composers

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait look:

Musician Game
Tsukasa Masuko-Star Force

Is the star force game the new megaman one, the one thats like the .exe games?? if it is dont worry, im betin this guy, being newer and all, was chosen to add megaman music in the game, if indeed megaman is in it, it doesnt mean that new megaman will get in b4 original...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i looked for a little while, either Tsukasa Masuko worked on a game called Star Force for the NES or its the new Mega Man Star force. He mostly worked on RPG's and since he worked for Tecmo and Star Force is by Tecmo i think that is it and not the mm game.

have no fear though, like i said before there's no dk series composer either and we know dk is in the game. this composer list just means we have good composers, nothing more and nothing less

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second, megaman x 1-3 was put on super nintendo, while megaman x 3-8 was put on playstation. I know little about the original series but i do know that some games were released on the nes and some on sega systems.
So who owns megaman, sega or nintendo?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Wait a second, megaman x 1-3 was put on super nintendo, while megaman x 3-8 was put on playstation. I know little about the original series but i do know that some games were released on the nes and some on sega systems.
So who owns megaman, sega or nintendo?

none. capcom does.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I know the regular Megaman is more hoped for that his net navi version, but you have to admit, the series was awesome! I'm hoping that Megaman EXE. makes it in. I'm not quite sure what his chances are, so I gave him a 55/50% chance of appearing. I chose the net navi version because it is much sleeker, seems a bit faster and having attacks in which you use BattleChips will be COOL! (Cybersword, Battlechip in! DOWNLOAD!) I'm crossing my fingers for Megaman EXE! Jack in!

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I'd be very pleased if Megsy made it into Brawl. Maybe he could even get a Power Copy ability a la Kirby, or use old Copy Powers from his games in his attacks. He would of course have a chargeable buster, and he's starred in enough fighting games to have a decent fighting style already pretty much made. His super could involve Rush or possibly that humongous form in Marvel vs Capcom.

I wouldn't find Mega Man X as appealing. Sure he has a lot of tings he can do that Megsy can't (like the dash and Hadoken!) but I just don't really like X. :\

Megaman.exe... I've never played those games. I honestly don't know enough about them to say anything. I will say, that both Megsy and X seem more likely though.

Mega Man Trigger... I know even less about the Mega Man Legends series than the Battle Network series. He might be interesting and it'd be major fanservice to fans of the Legends series, but it seems the unlikeliest of all.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'd be very pleased if Megsy made it into Brawl. Maybe he could even get a Power Copy ability a la Kirby, or use old Copy Powers from his games in his attacks. He would of course have a chargeable buster, and he's starred in enough fighting games to have a decent fighting style already pretty much made. His super could involve Rush or possibly that humongous form in Marvel vs Capcom.

I wouldn't find Mega Man X as appealing. Sure he has a lot of tings he can do that Megsy can't (like the dash and Hadoken!) but I just don't really like X. :\

Megaman.exe... I've never played those games. I honestly don't know enough about them to say anything. I will say, that both Megsy and X seem more likely though.

Mega Man Trigger... I know even less about the Mega Man Legends series than the Battle Network series. He might be interesting and it'd be major fanservice to fans of the Legends series, but it seems the unlikeliest of all.
yeah it should be the original.

i think we can see evidence of him getting in because of zero suit samus. Even though their movesets would be vastly different, some people still seem to think he will be a clone to samus. having zero suit samus differentiates the two alot.

on a side note she could also be a shiek replacement

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Necro'd for great Justice

anyways, I just figured I'd try my hand at making a moveset.

Stats:
Size: 2/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 3-5/5
Speed: 3/5
Jump: 4/5

Fighting stance: the same battle stance he's taken in the SNES megaman games/MvC 2.

A-straight jab (+A punch,+A hook punch) low dmg and knockback
Forward A - elbow strike. Low dmg, low knockback
[Smash] one arm Sonic boom (med dmg med-high knockback)
Down A - Headbutt. med dmg, low knockback
[Smash] soccer kick. Low dmg, med knockback
Up A - wild uppercut. med dmg and knockback
[Smash] ditto
Dash A - Slide tackle
Crawl (?) A: Mulekick

Air: standard punch
Fair: Dropkick
Dair: overhead kick (spike)
Uair: Tornado punch
Bair: Knee smash

Grab
attack: Slap/backhand slap
Fthrow: charged buster shot
Bthrow: tossed in air and pele kicked
Uthrow: tossed overhead
Dthrow: judo flipped

B(chargable): buster shot
forward B: Hadoken
Up B: Feint Dash (teleport)
Down B: alt weapon

Super: either Hyper Megaman, or a super hadoken
Taunts: 1) his MvC taunt, 2 change weapons system (for the Down B)
Reskins/colors
1) the original in blue
2) Red (add a black Visor for protoman)
3) Green/blue (The original box art/captain N version)
4)Black/gold (Bass recolor)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
btw, here's an idea I thought of when I first heard about the possibility of Megaman in SSBB:

How about kind of like Kirby gaining powers from people, Megaman will gain powers from some one if Megaman kills the person? for example, if Megaman kills Link in a battle, Megaman will transform into Linkman ish power thing, so instead of regular slow blaster, megaman get's to shoot out Link stuff (bomb arrows watever).

That would definatly put a twist in Megaman's power, and also, his powers would obviously be more powerful than Kirby just sucking people in, and mabey different ones, perhaps only projectle? or mabey powers that the original charaters don't even have?

this would definatly infuse Megaman with his quality from the original Megaman games.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think if Megaman gets in (Which he has the second highest chance of getting in next to Sonic IMO), they will probably have costumes of regular, X, and Navi. Didn't Sakurai say that there will be costumes and colors?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Dair: overhead kick (spike)
Agreed mm needs a spike!!!!

btw, here's an idea I thought of when I first heard about the possibility of Megaman in SSBB:

How about kind of like Kirby gaining powers from people, Megaman will gain powers from some one if Megaman kills the person? for example, if Megaman kills Link in a battle, Megaman will transform into Linkman ish power thing, so instead of regular slow blaster, megaman get's to shoot out Link stuff (bomb arrows watever).
They have to infuse this into his moveset somehow, it will make him unique if he gets the powers from a kill rather than touch/suck like kirby. i think he should only change colors temporarily when using the aquired powers.

I think if Megaman gets in (Which he has the second highest chance of getting in next to Sonic IMO), they will probably have costumes of regular, X, and Navi. Didn't Sakurai say that there will be costumes and colors?
i dont know, its not a bad idea but it also not necessary. we'll prolly see a red/white costume for proto

Binx

Smash Master
Megaman needs to be in Brawl, that would be sooooo awesome. I like proto man better though, so I think that Megaman should have an alternate costume that makes him look like Proto man, with the shield on his back and everything the crazy shades, but just have them be the same character, he should have a Zero costume too, mostly just so people will stay away from my proto man costume for dittos.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Agreed mm needs a spike!!!!

They have to infuse this into his moveset somehow, it will make him unique if he gets the powers from a kill rather than touch/suck like kirby. i think he should only change colors temporarily when using the aquired powers.

i dont know, its not a bad idea but it also not necessary. we'll prolly see a red/white costume for proto
Megs should be able to steal either a special move or a Smash from his opponents. I wanna see Megaman Falcon Punch somebody.

side note: Protoman is red/gray
Megaman needs to be in Brawl, that would be sooooo awesome. I like proto man better though, so I think that Megaman should have an alternate costume that makes him look like Proto man, with the shield on his back and everything the crazy shades, but just have them be the same character, he should have a Zero costume too, mostly just so people will stay away from my proto man costume for dittos.
Proto could be included, but the shield may be a bit overkill, unless they include a way to include it in his natural moveset. Zero looks too different from Megs to be a costume, replace him with unarmored X or the Captain N version (based off of MM1 boxart)

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
As far as 3rd party character's go, I think I'm in the minority of people out there who wants Megaman more than Sonic... I think Megaman would fit well in a game like this.

if there were only two other 3rd party characters yet to be announce in addition to Snake:

one would be Sonic... the other would be Megaman.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
this is EXACTLY what i cant wait for!!!!!!!!! I'll call it the MEGA punch!
Better idea IMO: How about Megaman can steal abilities from other charcters, but he mainly gets powers from the Megaman series (ie: with Capt. Falcon he gets Guts Punch, Pickachu he gets Electman electric attack, and Bowser he gets a Fireman attack). Any thoughts about this=??? :) ;) :psycho:

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Better idea IMO: How about Megaman can steal abilities from other charcters, but he mainly gets powers from the Megaman series (ie: with Capt. Falcon he gets Guts Punch, Pickachu he gets Electman electric attack, and Bowser he gets a Fireman attack). Any thoughts about this=??? :) ;) :psycho:
not too sure about megaman overall, but i dont like this stealing abilities concept. fits better with kirby IMO. i mean, do u give him a bow when he kills link? that'd suck. he doesnt have the verstility of kirby to pull off the move-steals.

i reckon it'd b better to just give him a random attack (similar to game and watch) from any of his final abilities from MMX.

Atomic Religion

Smash Cadet
Dont see any reason why he wont be in it. Sakurai stated there will be at least two more third party characters (excluding snake). I know, I know , he isnt really that much of a third party character, (being in so many nintendo games) but that could hint at him being in there. In a perfect world megaman would be in it, but alas we shall not know for many weeks(months)((years))(((decades)))((((centuries))))(((((MILLENIA)))))........sigh when will SSBB come out....

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Because X isn't who we're talking about. Megaman refers to the original version, and yes, move sealing has been a staple of all the MM games since the beginning.

@john. Not completely the same as Kirby, but stealing the moves after he's killed somebody works fine

Atomic Religion

Smash Cadet
If capcom owns megaman then why do you guys say he has such a huge chance of getting in?
Well Sakurai stated there would be two other third party characters, and i'm hoping megaman will be one of them. His chances are doubled becasue of the fact he has been on the nintendo console before, one of the main reasons Sakurai decided Snake ( who has one game on a nintendo console) had the correct lineage to be in brawl.

Top Bottom