• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
I liked legends too, but it didnt last, but again like I have said since the beginning, adding any other megaman that aint the original doesnt make sense, since blue bomber debuted on the NES, where all the great nintendo characters began...
i also liked legends. heres hoping that they release it for the virtual console.

I said it once and I'll say it again, the Copy X megaman would own everyone in Brawl!
actually shade, you said zero, then bass.exe, then a character I dont remember and finally copy x :p

my point of view reiterated for the who knows what time, as long as a megaman character maes it in im happy, preferably being original, although I still want mmz (i can hope cant I?) id rather see zero in than exe anyday. actually, id rather see mmz rather than x as well :p

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
here's my ranking of mm characters wanted in:

original > X > chibi (aka baby mega man) <----hey that's an oxymoron :) > mmzero > no mm > .exe

p.s.- i didnt bother puttin in characters like bass or protoman or classic zero cuz none of them will make it in without mega man in there first

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
here's my ranking of mm characters wanted in:

original > X > chibi (aka baby mega man) <----hey that's an oxymoron :) > mmzero > no mm > .exe

p.s.- i didnt bother puttin in characters like bass or protoman or classic zero cuz none of them will make it in without mega man in there first
You forgot a megaman...

Yeah.... everyones favirot megaman... *sarcasm* :laugh:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
sorry for double post, but i gotta continue an argument from the Ultimate Character Selection Screen thread here.

Yeah, a tribute to a character who's no longer had any games, how is that a representation to Capcom? He would have to be one of the more updated Megaman variations that still have games coming out.

Yeah, so are alot of characters, that doesn't mean they're all gonna be in Brawl now does it?

And if it isn't? Out of all the Megaman variation games out, is it so sure that it's gonna be MM9, or is it a possibility of another X game? Or a Wii version of MMZ? Battle Transmission sequel from the GC release? Possibilities are endless.

Megaman was a short version of Ryu, and had a clone. Ryu as well had 2-3 characters similar to him, they're all clones either way you see it, it's a Street Fighter based game.

Just cause you like him doesn't mean he'll be in.

Did I say that? No I didn't, because Megaman, as far as I know, doesn't have Samus' Metroid skills, so I know that. >.>

Anyway, we're going way off topic in this thread, if you feel you want me to prove you wrong, I can always go into the Megaman topic and do it there, sound fair?
he's representation to capcom because immediately when you look at him you think Capcom. the guy is an icon. You also think Nintendo when you look at him (which is why he should be in) because of all his NES titles, not even to mention GB

No, there aren't a lot of second most requested characters, there is only 1, and that is mm. obviously it doesn't gaurantee him spot just like sonics #1 doesn't, but it gives him a higher probabality than everyone else

and if u think MM is a short version of Ryu in MvC then you ave never played that game for any amount of time. regardless this has no bearing on him not being included in brawl, if anything it proves that his character can work in a fighting game.

Orsa

Smash Rookie
If he is in, PLEASE let his stage's theme be Stranger in the Desert.

I love that piece of music.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The bubbleman stage song is the best one iver ever heard in a MM game, eithe rthat or the MM2 intro music when hes on top of a tower...

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
If there is any kind of clonage this time around which ones would you like to see for Megz? FOr me it's Protoman (reg. or the Breakman version from MM3), Forte (reg or .exe), and I don't really care about the last one, as long as it's not some dip**** like Axl, Zero from the Zero series, or the 90's cartoon Megaman/X. I'd still prefer the captain N version though.

Mettols/Proto's shield should be items, and I'd personally like his stage to be some variation of Skull castle.

Conserning his moveset, should he be able to alternate between his extra weapons, or should it be random selection?. and should he be able to steal his opponents abilities (ala kirby)?

and Megaman.exe should definately be in...not really. maybe as a weak item though, or a trophy.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
If there is any kind of clonage this time around which ones would you like to see for Megz? FOr me it's Protoman (reg. or the Breakman version from MM3), Forte (reg or .exe), and I don't really care about the last one, as long as it's not some dip**** like Axl, Zero from the Zero series, or the 90's cartoon Megaman/X. I'd still prefer the captain N version though.
i agree with axl being a dip**** however, i do not agree with you about zero from the zero series. if anything, hes a lot better than the X series one, but then again, its all a matter of personal preference.

anyway, if there are any type of clones (which i doubt) then it would go to either prtoman or bass both from the original series.

and for the record, Zero would not be a clone. i dare you to argue with me about it.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
well, personally i think hes a waste of a 3rd party slot. what i hope for in the 3rd party openings (theres a chance they add 2 more) is Geno and Sonic. THAT WOULD OWN

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
i agree with axl being a dip**** however, i do not agree with you about zero from the zero series. if anything, hes a lot better than the X series one, but then again, its all a matter of personal preference.

anyway, if there are any type of clones (which i doubt) then it would go to either prtoman or bass both from the original series.

and for the record, Zero would not be a clone. i dare you to argue with me about it.
No arguments here, I just used clone for the sake of including more characters from any of the megaman franshises
well, personally i think hes a waste of a 3rd party slot. what i hope for in the 3rd party openings (theres a chance they add 2 more) is Geno and Sonic. THAT WOULD OWN
I fail to see how the poster boy for Capcom is a worse entry then some overpopular RAG DOLL from SMRPG (I do like Geno, but still...) and a blue hedgehog whose franshise jumped thee shark after his first dreamcast attempt, and should've been put to sleep last gen. UNlike said hedgehog, any version of megaman could be modeled to work perfectly in smash, and has already appeared in a fighting game, and canon-wise, he's built for it. I'd rather have Megs and Geno to be honest, unfortunately Sonic is more or less garunteed (unless Sega refuses).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why would he be a waste of a 3rd party slot, megaman is sinonomus (sp?) with the NES, hes a retro classic, and is loved both in america AND japan, hes incredibly popular, and is the 2nd most wanted 3rd party candidate...

Geno, yes he belongs to square, but this is how I think will happen:
If sakurai where to obtain ull rites to geno, thus he belongs nintendo property, then he can be added with no problem, but if not, then I doubt sakurai will consider him as a 3rd party slot, cause he belongs in the mario universe, yes hes 3rd party, but doubt he'll take a REAL 3rd party character slot, and thus he wont take the spot, but there will be a total of 4 3rd party characters, one more than he said, but geno shouldnt take a 3rd party slot cause hes from the mario universe... anyone with a brain can c this happening...

Megaman can be very unique, I made a moveset for him a while back, he would be a well balanced character, with projectiles, but strong melee moves as well...

for the guy above, u gotta be kidding, link can jump in his games unless he jumps of a ledge, yet u can make him jump by pressing y,x or tilting the joystick up... ur point?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes he appaeared in a cameo, but I think if an appearance is made, and its a cameo, it doesnt provoque a lawsuit or something, I can explain it but hope u get the idea...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
well... Sonic vs. Mario has been going on for a while, and for that one reason a bunch of people want him in. And Geno is super cool. and i guess it dont matter if he takes a spot, but still.... Sonic>megaman. Megaman would be nice but so many better choices... ah i guess thats just my opinion. I wont start a huge discussion about it. Meta, out!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I follow, just wanted to be sure.

Oh and Meta, while arguing which character is better comes down to opinion vs. opinion, I'm pretty sure Mario won the console wars...
Sonic and Megaman were two of the most popular third party picks, so most of your argument, sans the Console war gig, would work for Megaman as well. So you know what you need to do?
DO THE MARIO!

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
yeah, I follow, just wanted to be sure.

Oh and Meta, while arguing which character is better comes down to opinion vs. opinion, I'm pretty sure Mario won the console wars...
Sonic and Megaman were two of the most popular third party picks, so most of your argument, sans the Console war gig, would work for Megaman as well. So you know what you need to do?
DO THE MARIO!
yeah i guess ill just go witht the flow. oh and the mario thing lol i was totally not expecting that, i thought u was gonna go SHOVE IT! or somethin like that, but i guess not a lot of people would say that.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Conserning his moveset, should he be able to alternate between his extra weapons, or should it be random selection?. and should he be able to steal his opponents abilities (ala kirby)?
I think he should be able to steal abilities. i think if he had a random weapon come out (like peach) it would be stupid. Its hard to strategize and practice moves when theyre random. He should also have some of his b moves from his games (stolen from bosses), but again not random

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!
Yea, he's most my wanted 3rd party character! He owns!

I like the .exe the best, though I didn't like Megaman Battle Network 4 & 6, 5 was alright. 1-3 owned like no other! Mainly 3!

Nah, though Bass would be a neat character. Megaman with Bass=Mario with Boswer. Doesn't work.

Probablly the Megaman Zero style a little over the original.

Super Charged Blast, much like the one shown Samus using in the 1st trailer. Also i'm too lazy to make any movesets, because if you make one, you make a billion!

Go Megaman! Then Sonic! then Rayman! Then idk!,as my 3rd party wants!

Megaman is not a waste of a slot, period! If you think so you are a hater! If you want another 3rd party character over him, fine! Use facts, and a relivant opinion, not stupid megaman, or any character bashing for that matter! O and TWW Link owns, plus these characters in my signature! Go Megaman! He's in if Capcom wants him in SSBB!:)

I like bluebomer22's move/item sucking idea where he gets new attacks, gun, and attacks. He should have a button set for that (maybe his blaster too). the stealing abilities could work, but there has to be a balance in this, not uber powerful, too weak, etc. That sort of balance is needed in everything in Brawl's advancement!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bumpage!!!

Megaman ZX 2 is coming out fall of 07. One of the armors looks very similar to Axl's armor.

The X series, the Battle Network series, the classic series, or the MM Zero series needs to come to the Wii.......seriously.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Bumpage!!!

Megaman ZX 2 is coming out fall of 07. One of the armors looks very similar to Axl's armor.

The X series, the Battle Network series, the classic series, or the MM Zero series needs to come to the Wii.......seriously.
They get my vote for the MM Zero series. I miss the difficulty... actually, looking back on it, it was arguably easy, but still.

And yes, I am back after my month long absence.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I still gotta go with original, either they give me 2 last games, or finish the original series in the next game, but they MUST make it worth the wait...

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I'm simply going with the original because that megs is the one Capcom uses as their unofficial mascot, was on the N's systems first, and is the only reason any of the other series exist.

I would like Proto, Bass, Omega X and Z-series Zero to make it in following Smash games after classic megs though.

Top Bottom