• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Official MALLOW in SSbb thread

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have a statement for all people who feel Mallow is a 3rd Party character:

Mallow is NOT a 3rd Party character. Yes, he is from a 3rd Party company, but what are the only games that he and Geno are going to be taking part of? Solely Mario games. So since SquareEnix is a 3rd Party company but they are held up by a 1st Party series, they are, technically, 2nd Party characters (characters that will only appear on the main company's console).

And I also have a question from Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario 2:
Does anyone feel that Mallow and Madame Flurry are somehow related? Maybe not related by blood (if that's even what makes up their anatomy), but maybe they're of the same race?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
lol, I expect she doesn't have a connection, but you know how, cheap plot hole filled, games' twists are.
Also a reason they may never meet canon wise is the fact that the paper mario series characters are often thrown away (alost literally). ex-koopa guy from paper mario 1, madam flurry from two (and many various party members from both games, EDIT-and many other story important characters and places from both series and not to mention many other mario series).

vesperview

Smash Hero
I personally don't want to see neither Mallow nor Geno in Brawl because they have been in obscurity for too long to even bother with them right now, plus I doubt they have any game ideas for them so giving them exposure really doesn't have any purpose.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I personally don't want to see neither Mallow nor Geno in Brawl because they have been in obscurity for too long to even bother with them right now, plus I doubt they have any game ideas for them so giving them exposure really doesn't have any purpose.
Number one: Geno was on Sakurai's poll, and was a popular suggestion as well.

Number two: "Obscurity" means nothing to Sakurai, Sakurai just wants characters he can work with. He loves retro characters that are "obscure". Proof: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, and Pit. (I'd say he's not obscure but still old.)

Number three: Geno and Mallow aren't stupid character ideas, so people have the right to dream.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Yeah... despite my avatar, I don't think Mallow should be in Brawl. Sure, he should be in another game soon.

I don't really think Geno should be in the game either. In my opinion, there's just too many other characters I think deserve the brawl spots more.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Geno, along with a number of other characters, are higher on my list... Well, we'll see!

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
My opinion.

NO! putting him in would be like putting some Pudding in the game to play with + he looks really dumb.... Some ideas on these forums are really stupid and if thats what Brawl is going to be filled with I'm sure i'm not gonna buy it ( wich you probably dont care) and i'm pretty sure most people wont either. I'm not saying that just because of Mallow but of many other stupid ideas that should not make it to Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You're going to buy Brawl, and you know it.

Besides just because Mallow "looks stupid" doesn't mean he couldn't make a good character in the game.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
You're going to buy Brawl, and you know it.

Besides just because Mallow "looks stupid" doesn't mean he couldn't make a good character in the game.
Ya i know but i mean if hes in they should change his look up a little bit make him look better. I mean hes crashing kirby's style.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario RPG on the Virtual Console.

inside

Smash Journeyman
He was a pretty annoying character, just by the looks of it I'm already getting annoyed, but then again. Anything can happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Geno get's in...Mallow is fine...

I didn't like him though for some reason...

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
maybe to the random scrub it looks like sperm, but, indeed it is not.
I might be a random scrub but at least I don't look like a sperm.

I should be in Brawl before that thing.

Please don't take my posts seriously, just messing with ya. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What really makes Geno more popular than Mallow? (Don't give a stupid biased statement)
Why not give a biased statement...It's because people are bias that they like anything more than anything else

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mallow and Geno will not both make it, if one of them makes it. I think Geno may be a little more popular :(.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I would laugh if Mallow turned out to be playable and Geno didn't.

In fact, something tells me that it is something that Sakurai would do. XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not hating, just joking.

Don't even know what your referring to there. :laugh:

Okay fine I suppose having a sperm baby in Brawl wouldn't be so bad...
Well he does think he is a tadpole and that's not that far off appearance wise...sorta

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because it has no foundation, people just say things like "well Mallow just sucks and Geno doesn't".
The majority of people don't base their likes or dislikes off anything other than how they feel about it...

...no reason whatsoever

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mallow and Geno are both from the same game, although Geno is more of a catalyst in the game than Mallow they both share equal importance, I don't really see why Geno is so hyped, once I finished Mario RPG I sort of forgot about both of them unless I played the game again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mallow and Geno are both from the same game, although Geno is more of a catalyst in the game than Mallow they both share equal importance, I don't really see why Geno is so hyped, once I finished Mario RPG I sort of forgot about him unless I played the game again.
Because Geno is a powerful addition to the team. Peach is a better healer than Mallow and Geno does more damage than Mallow...So he doesn't have that much importance on the team...

...More people used Geno on their team because he's more powerful and people like the strong silent characters more than the cry babies...

Top Bottom