• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Leon S. Kennedy Thread

fluffy

Smash Champion
the ps2 version of re4 is an improvement from the gc 1 so they wouldnt put leon unless they wanted to advertise sony.

but yes, leon is cool.

Ghos7Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Actually the Ps2 version has downed graphics and a new weapon and I think a new mode playable as Ada.

Still that's pretty much the only improvement.

And from capcom...I've seen them switch back and forth from nintedo to Playstation and I think xbox now so I'm not sure if it's really advertising sony much.

Anyways...I'm not trying to be smart or anything. I can be completly wrong but this is all I know so far.

I'm pretty sure i'll be proven wrong.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ghos7Soldier said:
Actually the Ps2 version has downed graphics and a new weapon and I think a new mode playable as Ada.

Still that's pretty much the only improvement.

And from capcom...I've seen them switch back and forth from nintedo to Playstation and I think xbox now so I'm not sure if it's really advertising sony much.

Anyways...I'm not trying to be smart or anything. I can be completly wrong but this is all I know so far.

I'm pretty sure i'll be proven wrong.
Actually, you are right. re5 is going to be on the xbox 360 as well as ps3 and maybe the wii (hopefully, yet they are making an exclusive game to the wii)

the ps2 had new weapons and ada level, and that is it. it was worse on graphics and controls is what i heard.

anyway, thought i might make a statement about this

Ghos7Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Ah...thanks.
I knew about the PS2 with the RE4 version was just a wee bit tuned down.

But I was kinda iffy about capcom moving back and forth between systems.

I don't see how sony would get most of the prize when they would be using the RE4 style of leon ~Maybe the S.T.A.R.S. suit as a costume.~ in the game if they added him which would give sony and nintendo some advertisement.

Also I heard they are probably making RE5 for the Wii aswell.

Player 2

Smash Rookie
Leon if anyone from the series, should be in there. Not because he's from a recent RE4, since that would be a ****ty reason indeed. But because he has been in multiple RE games, he played the lead in 2, and is somewhat of a mysterious background figure in others. Besides RE4 has received plenty of awards, was a huge seller all over the world (including Japan), and I'm sure it's hero is more well-known than anyone from the series.

Yarg the Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Player 2 said:
Leon if anyone from the series, should be in there. Not because he's from a recent RE4, since that would be a ****ty reason indeed. But because he has been in multiple RE games, he played the lead in 2, and is somewhat of a mysterious background figure in others. Besides RE4 has received plenty of awards, was a huge seller all over the world (including Japan), and I'm sure it's hero is more well-known than anyone from the series.
By your logic it's equally likely to be Jill.

Player 2

Smash Rookie
Yarg the Pirate said:
By your logic it's equally likely to be Jill.
yes well, assuming that Re2/Re4's fanbase isn't larger than those for the other games. I can't make that estimation based on mere facts of course, but my (admittedly limited) experience tells me that Leon is generally more well-known. Actually I was just hoping to point out that he isn't just a hero from a recent 'mediocre' game, for which i think my logic did suffice. I probably should have added that I think his moveset and design are more suitable than Jill's though.

Player 2

Smash Rookie
I totally concur, and by the wayHunk rocks =D

Anyway the original RE's originally weren't nintendo games, so the more loyal fans didn't get to play them until the re-releases on the cube. Considering that, RE4 isn't that much more recent, and was better received as well.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
I think leon's F-smash should be a kick rather than a Chicago Type Writer. Y'know... like the one he does when the enemy is kneeling. And his grab-to-back throw would be the supplex.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cool posts everyone. i guess i should make a new move list and see how you guys take it.

a-roundhouse punch
a-up-high kick
a-down-sweep kick
a-forward-shoulder hit
a-run-tackle

aerial a-punch/kick (similar to mario's where he puts his hand and foot out to attack)
au-uppercut
af-aerial punch
ab-aerial kick
ad-force kick (meteor smash)

grab-just puts his hands out and grabs, or when he runs he grabs like mario
attack grab-elbow punches
forward throw-spinning kick (one in re4 where he takes off their heads)
back throw-suplex
up throw-throws them up and uppercuts them in midair
down throw-throws them down and slashes them a few times with his knife, then says "Is that all you got?"

b-Egg throw :laugh: (if anybody got this, he actually throws eggs at ganados in re4, but this is used like falco's blaster, minimum damage, but stuns for a while)
b-up-Grenade Disappear or butterfly kick
b-down-grenade (fire, stun, regular)
b-forward-rocket launcher

super smash would be either a helicopter, or tons of zombies just plow everyone over (i for one am leaning more toward the helicopter)

taunt would be him looking at the screen and saying "Everyone here is small time" or something better, maybe juggling his knife

what do you guys think

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
How bout a few adjustments:
B-air: Butterfly Kick http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_kick (<that's a butterfly kick)
Running-a: Tackle
Down throw: Brings em' down and cuts em' up a few times.
Taunt: Juggles knife.
Taunt 2: Since you can change character colors... his white color should be with the zoot suit (gangster suit in RE4). Therefore, his taunt would be that hidden stunt of his (the stunt where he throws his hat up and catches it with a pose. this would be done in RE4 by reloading the gun a few times).

I'm starting to like the Leon idea a lot more now.

EDIT: Hunk is also cool in RE4. He's got the neck snapping and everything. He even looks cool in that swat-like costume.

EDIT AGAIN: He's not part of Umbrella though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i edited the thing above, thanks for the reply, you really gave me good ideas

EDIT:But Umbrella basically represents Resident Evil, so it is the most likely choice for Leon's emblem

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
Lol, all of us fellow smashers are just letting Nintendo steal our ideas to make money.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
They have already said that there will be no bullet type guns. Only explosives will be allowed.
These movesets look like what snake will have...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
colbusman said:
uh, i havn't used any bullet type weapons for quite some time buddy, look above your post, dude
This thread is about possibilities not what the actual thing will be. So you are not determining anything and guns have been mentioned. I am stating a fact and was not directing it towards you.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Wizzlecroff said:
This thread is about possibilities not what the actual thing will be. So you are not determining anything and guns have been mentioned. I am stating a fact and was not directing it towards you.
actually dude, you are. this is my thread and many of its ideas are mine. i know i stated guns earlier, but i got rid of it for rocket launchers and grenades, and when have i stated anything about what actually might happen. i am stating possible moves and other things for leon if he possibly gets into the next smash game.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
colbusman said:
well, i guess that is your opinion. i still see a way he could get in and i hope he does get in. until then, i will just have to listen to everyone's ideas on this.
No, Im not saying he can't get in. Im just saying that guns is not a posibility.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Wizzlecroff said:
No, Im not saying he can't get in. Im just saying that guns is not a posibility.
my mistake. i have ruled out guns, though. he only uses hand-to-hand combat along with a rocket launcher and grenades in my recent post of moves (unless you think a rocket launcher is a gun, because i think it is a type of explosive, or else they would have to rule out samus's missles.

feel free dude to post moves of your own. i would love to hear your ideas on moves, taunts, emblems, super smashes, whatever.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
colbusman said:
my mistake. i have ruled out guns, though. he only uses hand-to-hand combat along with a rocket launcher and grenades in my recent post of moves.

feel free dude to post moves of your own. i would love to hear your ideas on moves, taunts, emblems, super smashes, whatever.
Yea, the way that Sakurai said snake would be and the way Leon is built, sounds like they would be a lot alike... maybe even clones... :confused:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, we don't know exactly what snake's moves are all going to be, but how could leon use a box (sakuri stated that snake would use the box from the trailer)

EDIT:whoops, spelled his name wrong-Sakurai

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i find it difficult for leon to be a clone for 3 reasons:

1.Sakurai stated that he would make new moves of all the clones, making it so there are no clones

2.Snake and Leon fight diffrent battles. Snake fights super-human people and Leon fights zombies and ganados, so less than super-human people.

3.They use diffrent tactics. Snake is sneaky and stealthy, while Leon is a run n gun type of person.

although both use real weapons and are realistic people, i find it very doubtful that leon will be a clone of snake

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
colbusman said:
i find it difficult for leon to be a clone for 3 reasons:

1.Sakurai stated that he would make new moves of all the clones, making it so there are no clones

2.Snake and Leon fight diffrent battles. Snake fights super-human people and Leon fights zombies and ganados, so less than super-human people.

3.They use diffrent tactics. Snake is sneaky and stealthy, while Leon is a run n gun type of person.

although both use real weapons and are realistic people, i find it very doubtful that leon will be a clone of snake
Good Point. but did he actually say that clones are getting new movesets? and if yes then can you give me a link or something?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ok, i just read on a translated thread that sakurai won't allow knives, so that rules out leon's b move, so he could throw eggs! i just remembered that he throws them in re4. he would throw them and it would only do minimum damage but stun them (like falco's blaster)

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I don't know if someone has mentioned this already or not, but Resident Evil 4 is done by Capcom. As far as third party goes, I can only see other Konami people possibly. If you get Capcom involved, then that just opens up a whole 'nother world. (A.K.A. MEGAMAN!!11oneone plz plz)

Leon is even more of a gunner than Snake is. All I'm saying is that I find it difficult to see the guy fight. I do believe that if Capcom were to get involved with Brawl, then there is a very high chance that Leon would show up. However, as far as we know, Capcom isn't.

Also, I would also like to see the link where someone stated that they read that the clones were getting new move-sets. I think that would be a very important find to many of us, including myself.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
-Mace-Solo- said:
Alright, I don't know if someone has mentioned this already or not, but Resident Evil 4 is done by Capcom. As far as third party goes, I can only see other Konami people possibly. If you get Capcom involved, then that just opens up a whole 'nother world. (A.K.A. MEGAMAN!!11oneone plz plz)

Leon is even more of a gunner than Snake is. All I'm saying is that I find it difficult to see the guy fight. I do believe that if Capcom were to get involved with Brawl, then there is a very high chance that Leon would show up. However, as far as we know, Capcom isn't.

Also, I would also like to see the link where someone stated that they read that the clones were getting new move-sets. I think that would be a very important find to many of us, including myself.
Well, Capcom does have a pretty good relationship with Nintendo. In fact, I would have thought that Cap would have had a better chance than Konami for being in Smash, what with that whole Resident Evil/Viewtiful Joe dealio, coupled with all those Megaman spinoffs on the Ninty handhelds, and the Capcom Zelda games.

crazyhoward

Smash Cadet
LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but how come when I tried posting this a long time ago nobody replied and then I got shut down. thats bull. but yeah Leon would be the greatest thing ever I love leon.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
dotdotdot! said:
Well, Capcom does have a pretty good relationship with Nintendo. In fact, I would have thought that Cap would have had a better chance than Konami for being in Smash, what with that whole Resident Evil/Viewtiful Joe dealio, coupled with all those Megaman spinoffs on the Ninty handhelds, and the Capcom Zelda games.
Very good point, very good point indeed. Of course, I wouldn't have thought third party would have entered anytime soon, but if you were to ask me which company I would have thought would have been apart of it first, I would have said Capcom too.

You know what though, if it was Capcom, I guarantee you I wouldn't have gotten as big of a shock as I did with Snake coming around. Snake for me came out of NOWHERE, and it was quite a real awesome surprise to me.

On a side note though as far as Capcom goes, I wouldn't mind Leon I guess, but I've mentioned before that I kinda find it difficult to watch him fight. If I were to choose someone, definitely would have to go with Viewtiful Joe to represent, man. People might argue on which Megaman they would want also. Now, I haven't played too many Megaman games, but I'm told that X would be the best one because he's the most acrobatic.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ooo ooo

i have a new idea for leon's b moves

b-crossbow (fires a crossbow and it explodes on contact, he stole it from krauser when he died, lets just say)
Bdown-grenade (fire, stun, regular)
bforward-rocket launcher
bup-either he pulls out a flash grenade and disappears like krauser or he does a cool butterfly kick (he seems the type to know martial arts)

help me decide which up b move to use

i know you guys see viewtiful joe or megaman, and i myself see them more than leon, but here is the thing

viewtiful joe's series has winded down a bit. his recent games are not as good as the first
and megaman is overly used. he comes out with what, 4 games per year? that is a bit much
leon-just came out recently in a best selling title which reinvented the franchise, making it the best re game to date and is a total bad*** just like snake

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i want to ask everyone 2 questions.

what moveset do you want to see on leon
and
if you could have another re character, who would it be?

i have posted a few movesets for leon, but i would love it if ada was also in the game, and it could work out because she has a few extra things that leon doesn't have, so she couldn't be a clone

Top Bottom