• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official First SSNM Tournament: Full, Waiting List now available.

Salem

Smash Champion

Moves Shall Be Shown!

In Association with Jill's smile and Huxley's hellish ugly bandanna.

KingDarkFox/Salem Presents...

The Official SSNM Tournament!

General rules:
  • 5 Stock

1 On 1, Fool get it straight.

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a LOSE for Bowser.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

After a set (best 2 out of 3 until the semi-finals which will be 3 out of 5 along with the Finals), either player should report the results here.

Stalling is banned. exept for stages that have an S next to it.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

You can only use chaingrabs 5-4 times in a row, anymore and you are DQ'd depending how many times the match was restarted for the rule being violated.
    If once you are safe, second time YOU MUST DIE.~Ganon
    That also includes those now half baked infinites and chain combos IC's, i'm watching you. :psycho:

Don't be hating on the stages, find a way around them and they're skills. just cause they're to good for you doesn't mean you gotta hate cause its pro... (LOL)
    And my rules, I seen much worser ones... >_>

Starter

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Bridge of Eldin
Hyrule Temple
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar

Starter/Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pirate Ship
The Summit
Hanenbow

Counter

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
New Pork City
(S)Mario Bros. (OH NOES! Shut up, get *****, glide toss FTW) >_>

Counter/Banned

Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet

Banned

75m
Big Blue
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Corneria

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I however do not know when this will start, i'll probably send PMs when all spots are taken.

Also...

you people will be playing others from other forums/boards or whatever you people call them now.

Brackets!

1. Captain Falcon~Captain Falcon 5198-2106-4261 (THATS RIGHT, I AM CAPTAIN FALCON.)
2. Linky Swordsboy~Marth 1376-1891-1753
3. ario56~Mr. Game And Watch
4. Shadowfirex100~Falcon 1676-3494-0066
5. chris the brawler~Link 1161-2979-6085
6. blankvi~Pokemon Trainer 4983-8273-5352
7. mcmuff1nman~Olimar 0173-2745-5921
8. Ritch~Link 4038-5677-4564
9. Shadow0x1~Donkey Kong 5198-2106-4261 (My bro, duh!)
10. thesilentmarth~Marth 4425-4965-2484
11. ShinyMewtwo~Ike,Toon Link 1333-1912-7713
12. damezguy~Toon Link 1247-3398-8322
13. Tomato~Ness/Luigi/Diddy Kong 4124-4686-8351
14. FatherOwnage~Snake, Marth, Luigi 4382-1657-3265
15. tsilver33~Lucas, Kirby, Yoshi 4167-4172-3294
16. FireKirby~Ness and Lucas 3952-7717-6470

Waiting List:

Salem

Smash Champion
Finally people are joining.

Also SSNM is a secret forum thats been hacked many times in the past(cause of sprites not being credited for, losers...), it stands for Super Smash Nsider Melee and its to be a fangame soon...eventually, it was also created when Nintendo's Nsider was out and running.

We also already changed the name but I still call it by its original name.

But anyway... [Now Adding]

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I'm contemplating joining, although I don't know if I'll be able to get in, as I don't really get the whole 'counter stage' deal as well as my general inability to play well, & maining Ness doesn't help that situation much either >_>

So how's the stage selection process work? I'm guessing it's a starter, followed by the loser of match 1 picking a counterstage, followed by (if necessary), what? I'm very new to competitive smash, so excuse my newbie-esque ways haha.

Salem

Smash Champion
I'm contemplating joining, although I don't know if I'll be able to get in, as I don't really get the whole 'counter stage' deal as well as my general inability to play well, & maining Ness doesn't help that situation much either >_>

So how's the stage selection process work? I'm guessing it's a starter, followed by the loser of match 1 picking a counterstage, followed by (if necessary), what? I'm very new to competitive smash, so excuse my newbie-esque ways haha.
Go for it, the tournament is fair for all characters becuase you can now use some of the stages that would have made the characters great if they were useable in all tourneys.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Go for it, the tournament is fair for all characters becuase you can now use some of the stages that would have made the characters great if they were useable in all tourneys.
Okay, sounds good. Thank you. Sign me up as Ness, I'll get my Friend Code to you when I can, I'll just hit you up with a private message then when I get it working. I need to hook up my Wii & wi-fi too, since I haven't been playing much lately.

But could you just give me an example situation for how the stage selection process works? Mostly so I don't look like an idiot when it comes gametime. Thank you. Also, what time would the tournement likely run? If it's inflexible, I may be unable to partake in it. & once the date comes out, I'll tell you whether it conflicts with anything in my schedule.

Haha, sorry if I seem like such a helpless newbie.

Salem

Smash Champion
Okay, sounds good. Thank you. Sign me up as Ness, I'll get my Friend Code to you when I can, I'll just hit you up with a private message then when I get it working. I need to hook up my Wii & wi-fi too, since I haven't been playing much lately.

But could you just give me an example situation for how the stage selection process works? Mostly so I don't look like an idiot when it comes gametime. Thank you. Also, what time would the tournement likely run? If it's inflexible, I may be unable to partake in it. & once the date comes out, I'll tell you whether it conflicts with anything in my schedule.

Haha, sorry if I seem like such a helpless newbie.
It'll run once its full, it ends when I want it to... or atleast till theres a winner.

And this is how it goes.

First Stage is random pretty much becuase it will be anyway cause its online, thus pick starter stage you want.

P1 Wins

P2 picks counterpick stage which you also choose as well.

If P1 loses he gets to choose his counterpick stage which the opponet picks as well.

Simple.

Also Counterpick/Banned stages must be agreed upon by both members, becuase they're cheap like that.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Ah, okay, thank you for clearing that up. Here's the FC

4124 - 4686 - 8351

Thanks again man. I forgot the stage selection was randomly drawn from the two players. >_> I haven't been online since it first came out haha.

EDIT: Also, the name that shows up on the FC is 'Dan'. Very original, I know.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
I'll sign up.

tsilver33-Lucas, Kirby, Yoshi, - Name: Silvr ---4167-4172-3294

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
If we put down that we are to play as multiple characters, do we have to play as all of them? Also, for brackets, are we playing the guy next to us, (below or above, depending on our number), or are we playing opposites, like 1 v. 16 & 8 v. 9?

Regardless, add me down as Ness/Luigi/Diddy Kong if it isn't troubling. Thanks.

Salem

Smash Champion
If we put down that we are to play as multiple characters, do we have to play as all of them?

Regardless, add me down as Ness/Luigi/Diddy Kong if it isn't troubling. Thanks.
No, its just for Barge's character ranking or whatever, you can use whoever you want though telling me who you used for each match is nice...

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Okay, thanks. Sounds good. What's the match deadline? Just asking since I may not have much time at all this week, as I have a lot of crap to do. So would playing over the upcoming weekend be too late?

Again, I'm sorry for the questions. Just want to get everything right the first time.

Salem

Smash Champion
Okay, thanks. Sounds good. What's the match deadline? Just asking since I may not have much time at all this week, as I have a lot of crap to do. So would playing over the upcoming weekend be too late?

Again, I'm sorry for the questions. Just want to get everything right the first time.
You're going to get your match done when you are able to get your match done.

Simple, thus also meaning this tourney doesn't exactly have DQs...

Cough...

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Alright, thanks for being cool about it. I'll try to get it done as soon as I possibly can.

& to Linky Swordsboy, uh, I'm good to play late on Friday or Saturday night, at least past 11:30 EST, if that's okay with you.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
...Of course I end up playing shadow. *Sigh* I'm playing him in like, two other tourneys.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Where is he anyway? I couldn't find the name registered on the board. Tell him that I'll be there looking for him anytime after 11:30 PM EST on Friday &/or Saturday night. Thanks again.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Double post, but here to confirm I lost 0-2 just a few minutes ago. Both good games, although I got crushed in the 2nd one.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Ha, seriously. This has been moving rather slowly. If anyone has to drop out, I'll gladly take his or her spot to get things going, even though I was already eliminated elsewhere haha.

Top Bottom