• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official East Coast Brawl Player Rankings (NOT POWER RANKINGS)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Note: Just so everyone is sure, this is not a PR. There is no commitee, it is just myself awarding points based on placings. It will be updated after every East Coast tournament.

Information was taken from the following tournaments:

Twilight of Smash 5
T9
Niko's Tri-weeklies
GOML
Fight for your Friends
Only in Niagara 2 and 2.5
Let's Brawl Toronto
Pownz Monthlies

If I have forgotten any notable tournaments, please inform me!

Now, the way it works is going to be pretty much identical to how Ankoku has his list. Why? Because I like it. The only small difference is that this is going to be a top ten list, so anyone in the top 10 of a tournament is rewarded points.

1 point for ninth or tenth place.
2 points for fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth place.
4 points for third or fourth place.
7 for second place.
10 points for first place.

Lime means the player moved up in rank
Red means the player moved down in rank
Cyan means the player was previously unranked

Understood? Here's the list as of January 3rd, 2009:

KingAce- 49 (2 wins, 2 top2, 3 top4, 1 top7, 1 top9)
/Various: Ambrose- 46 (2 wins, 1 top2, 3 top4, 3 top7, 1 top9)
Ally- 40 (4 wins. BEAST!!!)
JL- 36 (1 win, 2 top2, 3 top4, 1 top9)
Percon- 33 (1 win, 3 top2, 1 top7)
6./7.
NikoK- 11 (1 top2, 1 top7, 2 top9)/
Bug- 11 (2 top4, 1 top7, 1 top9)
Chaotic- 10 (2 top4, 2 top9)
9./10.
HolyNightmare-8 (2 top4)/
MDK- 8 (2 top4)

I'll try to have an up and coming list up soon. I really don't want to count every player, as many are inactive now. If you remember placing top 9 in a tournament and would like to be added to the up and coming list, please post saying so!

Also, please suggest ways I could improve the list.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I find this list randomly entertaining just to see the points, but I think its kinda functionless....

Either way you completely overlooked me, which is complete fail, as even though I've been gone my points add up to 6th place easily just by going off my memory alone, (and surely I've even forgotten some of my placings), plus in the long run I'm far from inactive.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I find this list randomly entertaining just to see the points, but I think its kinda functionless....

Either way you completely overlooked me, which is complete fail, as even though I've been gone my points add up to 6th place easily just by going off my memory alone, (and surely I've even forgotten some of my placings), plus in the long run I'm far from inactive.
LOL

But Minus! You're west coast! Have you already forgotten?

I'll make the special West Coast tier just for you :)

Also, I agree that it is kinda functionless. Just boredom on my part, and I was curious to see exactly how people rank when you look strictly at tournament results and nothing more.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Are you keeping track of people who will eventually show up on the list, or people that drop off?

How long of a history of records are you keeping, are there going to be seasonal refreshes etc?

If you read through the early days of Ankoku's list, there was a lot to adjust for.

Otherwise it's nice :)

tha_carter

Smash Ace
The biggest issue is that your point system awards the same amount for every tourney. Which is silly.

**I thought this would be to rank the best player of each character (for whatever reason).
Lol, that woulda been real amusing.

EDIT: just to help you out; a suggestion would be to multiply the number of people that entered the tourney by a fraction.

Example for getting 1st at a 120 player tourney= (120 x 8/8)=120
2nd= (120 x 7/8)= 105
3rd= (120 x 6/8)= 90

etc.....

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This won't really be accurate until more tourneys happen and are accounted for. I think we all know there's a problem with Ally being in 3rd lol.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't get any more East Coast than Newfoundland, right? Of course, I doubt you would consider any of these tournaments as "noteworthy", as there's usually less than 10 actually good players.

Of the five Brawl tournaments I've attended, I've come first place in four of them (two were teams tournaments, though), and 2nd in the remaining one. Average attendance has been in the high 30s.

Top Bottom