• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Calm down? We're not even flaming. Let her flame us, she'll get it comming to her like Ashley getting the AT Boot. I'm just calmly arguing, much like Godot. She has no solid points, or I should say true points.
Stop being a *******... I don't want Ashley in Brawl.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Stop being a *******... I don't want Ashley in Brawl.
i'm sorry, i must have missed something...what does Ashley have to do with Dark Samus or this thread?

and please....i'd love to hear your arguments against Dark Samus, since from your last few posts, i assume that is your stance. and do try to come up with something good, will you?

Stryks

Smash Hero
mogrika:

Dark samus is the main villain of the prime series, he was metroid prime before absorbing the phazon suit, and use that as a base for a new body...

He *spoilers for metroid prime 3!!!*

commands the space pirates in MP3, giving phazon abilities to them and presumably ridley, he CONTROLLED the planet phaze, and was the most deadliest threath to the galaxy...

*spoilers end here*

Yeah very minor [/sarcasm]

He may not be popular in japan, but he is in america and the europe, and brawl is worldwide not just for japan, besides prime brought back metroid from the dead, and gave it popularity again, and as sakurai stated:

"Now that metroid has grown popularity in the last years, I want to better rep the series this time around..."

consider dark samusa well candidate (after ridley obcourse)

btw mog sux

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Because he is important enough.
Then there's no reason to make Dark Samus an Alternate costume. He's Samus' arch-nemesis for two highly-acclaimed Metroid Prime games, Echoes and Corruption. Only would who had not played the game, would not understand.

Dark Samus, only sounds like a clone from the very name, Dark Samus. However, Dark Samus gives a clear image to people who don't know about him in the games. Metroid Prime, is much more confusing, but alas it/her's real name.

Stryks

Smash Hero
and whats wrong with bowser jr? he has had MULTIPLE main roles in platform mario games since sunshine, even galaxy, hes now an important part of the mario series, he kidnapped peach in both sunshine and NEW smb...

besides give him a apint brush and u got a unique character...

and dark samus is just as awesome, even more...

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Oh Stryks, what makes you think Dark Samus will get in over Ridley, she is not by any chance the main villain of the series, and the game doesn't need two Metroid villains, even Gandrayda seems more interesting than Dark Samus and do you even know who Mogrika is?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
So? Ridley is Metroid's villain, having Dark Samus in Brawl is like having Bowser Jr.
ok, well so far you are doing a very poor job of supporting your arguments.

how is Dark Samus like Bowser Jr.? because they are both villains? are are you suggesting that Dark Samus is a secondary villain? Dark Samus just so happens to be the final boss in all games she has appeared in...which, coincidentally, is the entire Prime trilogy, which is solely responsible for reviving the Metroid franchise.

Bowser Jr, on the other hand...has done nothing of significance.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
So? Ridley is Metroid's villain, having Dark Samus in Brawl is like having Bowser Jr.
Have you ever beaten Metroid 1? The last boss, and commander of Ridley is Mother Brain. Mother Brain is now dead, ergo eliminating the possible of him to brawl(Yes, he is in fact a he). You have never established a good enough character to be 3rd Rep for Metroid.

Metroid is a highly sucessful saga of games with timelines almost like Star Wars, back and forth. I say they deserve at least 3, however 4 is too high a number to fill up. The story revolves around those three characters. Naturally, that would make it the only logical roster for Metroid.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Ridley is the reoccurring villain of the series, is that better?
Dark Samus is also a recurring villain of the series. and furthermore, i don't think anyone here is suggesting that Dark Samus should be in the game over Ridley. both characters could be added to the game and Metroid would still only have 3 reps, on par with Kirby, and less than Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Sakurai really said: ""Now that metroid has grown popularity in the last years, I want to better rep the series this time around..."?

Awesome.
According to Mogrika, a better representation of the series is only one more character. That must be, what she's trying to say.

Oh Stryks, what makes you think Dark Samus will get in over Ridley, she is not by any chance the main villain of the series, and the game doesn't need two Metroid villains, even Gandrayda seems more interesting than Dark Samus and do you even know who Mogrika is?
"Get over Ridley"? Hell no. Ridley AND Dark Samus get in with Samus. They're all the fences of the yard, the pieces of the puzzle.

Opinion is considered spam in arguements, so try to back up your conjecture.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
HAH!!! The Dark Hunter a mere clone/costume of Samus? Blasphemy.

Dark Samus has the potential to be unique. It has numerous attacks that don't resemble those of Samus.

And DS is too badass to be a simple costume for Samus.

That is all.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
AHEM..

i update the list frequently, i ain't sure who is or isn't a member,
here is the current list:
We should get a list of members/supporters/etc. to add, quote and add your name to enter:
Founder:
DarkSpidey13
Co.Founder:
Biggie Smalls/ Wu Tang Gang
Co.founder:
Stryks
Members:
IsmaR
Shuma
Darkpaladin of Chaos
Pyr0
super ginger kid
Mr.Victory07
Supporters:
Y34HDUD3!!!

If your a Co. Founder, please notify me.
we're racking up a pretty good following here.

conveniently, Stryks has the second post in this thread, and the first post is fairly short. we should start putting together a list of arguments/counter-arguments together and see if Stryks can edit that into his post on the front page.

what do ya say?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Exactly. Why should two villains be such a bad idea, especially for Metroid, which lacks other key protagonists? I firmly stand behind both Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl.
Exactly! And what would be the point of labling "hunters" as prtaganists, when they end up turnig evil,too.Sorry,got ahead of my self and answered mogrika's next argument, :chuckle:
oh and congradulations on 200 posts!!:cool:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
we're racking up a pretty good following here.

conveniently, Stryks has the second post in this thread, and the first post is fairly short. we should start putting together a list of arguments/counter-arguments together and see if Stryks can edit that into his post on the front page.

what do ya say?
Sounds good to me!! What are the arguments?

And what would be the point of labling "hunters" as prtaganists, when they end up turnig evil,too.
All Dark Samus's evil doing too. :) Canonically speaking, she is more powerful than any character in Metroid (yes, even Ridley), as she commands the entire Space Pirate forces (yes, even Ridley) at one point.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Sounds good to me!! What are the arguments?
as a start, here is a post that i made a while back on Nsider. guys, please edit and add to it as you see fit!

Darkspidey13 said:

!--- this analysis contains some things that could be considered SPOILERS. ---!​

Dark Samus
Game Appearances:
Metroid Prime (GCN, 2002) - image
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN, 2004) -

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, 2007) -

Bio:
Dark Samus first appeared during the 100% completion ending in the original Metroid Prime. After Samus defeats Metroid Prime at the Impact Crater on Tallon IV, the creature absorbs Samus's Phazon Suit, and unbeknownst to her at the time, Metroid Prime's remains fuse with the suit, giving birth to Dark Samus, an unstable doppelganger of Samus Aran composed of pure phazon.

Dark Samus, who relies on phazon to survive, travels to Aether in search of the element, where she/it is encountered by Samus Aran. Dark Samus possesses most of Aran's arsenal, as well as a few phazon-enhanced additions, arguably making her Samus's most potent adversary. As is that weren't enough, Dark Samus is virtually invulnerable to anything short of total atomic disruption.

After being dispatched multiple times by the Hunter on Aether, Dark Samus still manages to reform in the planet's atmosphere, and subsequently uses her cunning to take command of a Space Pirate mining frigate. Eventually, the entire Space Pirate homeworld is under her command, which she uses
to begin her assault on the Galactic Federation, corrupting key planets with living phazon seeds from her homeworld of Phaaze. Of course, Dark Samus is eventually brought down and destroyed by Samus Aran deep within her base on Phaaze, but that doesn't mean that the Dark Hunter shouldn't be granted an encore in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Common Misconceptions
The BIGGEST misconception about Dark Samus is that she is a clone of Samus Aran, and would therefore not be unique enough to merit her own moveset in Brawl. This is completely untrue. Yes, Dark Samus does possess all of Samus Aran's attacks, however, the reverse is not true. Dark Samus has tricks up her radioactive sleeve that Samus does not, and could not, have. In addition, Dark Samus does not have a "Zero Suit" form, which would provide relief for players unhappy with Samus's forced Final Smash transformation.

A possible special moveset would be as follows:

Special Moves

B - Phazon Spray - Fires a stream of phazon particles directly in front of her. Can be charged up to increase the width of the spray.

Side B - Boost Ball - Dark Samus curls up into her variation of Samus's morph ball and ricochets around the battlefield. Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Sonic have similar moves.

Down B - Phazon Barrier - A barrier of pure phazon radiates out from Dark Samus, deflecting projectiles and damaging those standing right next to her.

Up B - Shinespark - Dark Samus briefly hovers in the air and then dashes in a direction chosen by the player, damaging those in her path. Similar to Fox's Firefox, this also serves as DS's recovery move.

Final Smash - Dark Echoes - Dark Samus uses this move during the final battle in Metroid Prime 3. She creates clones of herself to confuse and attack her enemies, and in Brawl these clones would act as CPU controlled teammates for a short period of time, giving Dark Samus three times the attack power.

...And there you have it. I hope this moveset has convinced you that Dark Samus could be much more than a simple Samus clone, and I hope that you believe that Sakurai would be at least this creative when dealing with the character. On a side note, Dark Samus has been confirmed to NOT be an alternate costume of Samus's in Brawl, which means Sakurai may have a better use for the character, such as being a part of the palyable roster. :D

Either way, keep in mind that Dark Samus's Brawl chances are completely independent of the other worthy Metroid villain, Ridley. Metroid currently has 1 rep - Samus Aran, and adding two more characters is not far fetched, and would put the series on par or less with Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Metroid is a fairly large franchise, and easily deserves more Smash representation than it currently has.

Support Dark Samus! Put these in your sig:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
hmmm, just a suggestion, but for the final smash, she should have her special attacks re-placed
by team moves,like in MP3, which would work similar to the Ice climbers b moves, but just a suggestion..

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
hmmm, just a suggestion, but for the final smash, she should have her special attacks re-placed
by team moves,like in MP3, which would work similar to the Ice climbers b moves, but just a suggestion..
we can have more than one moveset listed. like i said, just add whatever you think should be there, and when we're all happy with it, we'll get Stryks to post in on the front.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
we can have more than one moveset listed. like i said, just add whatever you think should be there, and when we're all happy with it, we'll get Stryks to post in on the front.
OK, i put some minor altercations on yours. it was already pretty good.

as a start, here is a post that i made a while back on Nsider. guys, please edit and add to it as you see fit!
Originally Posted by Darkspidey13

!--- this analysis contains some things that could be considered SPOILERS. ---!

Dark Samus
Game Appearances:
Metroid Prime (GCN, 2002) -
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN, 2004) -
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, 2007) -

Bio:
Dark Samus first appeared during the 100% completion ending in the original Metroid Prime. After Samus defeats Metroid Prime at the Impact Crater on Tallon IV, the creature absorbs Samus's Phazon Suit, and unbeknownst to her at the time, Metroid Prime's remains fuse with the suit, giving birth to Dark Samus, an unstable doppelganger of Samus Aran composed of pure phazon.

Dark Samus, who relies on phazon to survive, travels to Aether in search of the element, where she/it is encountered by Samus Aran. Dark Samus possesses most of Aran's arsenal, as well as a few phazon-enhanced additions, arguably making her Samus's most potent adversary. As is that weren't enough, Dark Samus is virtually invulnerable to anything short of total atomic disruption.

After being dispatched multiple times by the Hunter on Aether, Dark Samus still manages to reform in the planet's atmosphere, and subsequently uses her cunning to take command of a Space Pirate mining frigate. Eventually, the entire Space Pirate homeworld is under her command, which she uses
to begin her assault on the Galactic Federation, corrupting key planets with living phazon seeds from her homeworld of Phaaze. Of course, Dark Samus is eventually brought down and destroyed by Samus Aran deep within her base on Phaaze, but that doesn't mean that the Dark Hunter shouldn't be granted an encore in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Common Misconceptions
The BIGGEST misconception about Dark Samus is that she is a clone of Samus Aran, and would therefore not be unique enough to merit her own moveset in Brawl. This is completely untrue. Yes, Dark Samus does possess all of Samus Aran's attacks, however, the reverse is not true. Dark Samus has tricks up her radioactive sleeve that Samus does not, and could not, have. In addition, Dark Samus does not have a "Zero Suit" form, which would provide relief for players unhappy with Samus's forced Final Smash transformation.

A possible special moveset would be as follows:

Special Moves

B - Phazon Spray - Fires a stream of phazon particles directly in front of her. Can be charged up to increase the width of the spray.Has a slight stun time if ht up close.

Side B - Boost Ball - Dark Samus curls up into her variation of Samus's morph ball and ricochets around the battlefield. Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Sonic have similar moves,but it can
not leave the ground, as well as it cancels out arter a while.

Down B - Phazon Barrier - A barrier of pure phazon radiates out from Dark Samus, deflecting projectiles and damaging those standing right next to her. If enemies are hit this way, they are flung up into the air, like a mini mr.wright move

Up B - Shinespark - Dark Samus briefly hovers in the air and then dashes in a direction chosen by the player, damaging those in her path. Similar to Fox's Firefox, this also serves as DS's recovery move. It takes a little charge up, but leaves enemies electrified if strucken.

Final Smash - Dark Echoes - Dark Samus uses this move during the final battle in Metroid Prime 3. She creates clones of herself to confuse and attack her enemies, and in Brawl these clones would act as CPU controlled teammates for a short period of time, giving Dark Samus three times the attack power.Additionally, DS's special moves are now replaced with team
attack versions of her special moves, similar to the ones in MP3, and would be executed the same as the Ice Climbers, but far more devastating

...And there you have it. I hope this moveset has convinced you that Dark Samus could be much more than a simple Samus clone, and I hope that you believe that Sakurai would be at least this creative when dealing with the character. On a side note, Dark Samus has been confirmed to NOT be an alternate costume of Samus's in Brawl, which means Sakurai may have a better use for the character, such as being a part of the palyable roster. :D

Either way, keep in mind that Dark Samus's Brawl chances are completely independent of the other worthy Metroid villain, Ridley. Metroid currently has 1 rep - Samus Aran, and adding two more characters is not far fetched, and would put the series on par or less with Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Metroid is a fairly large franchise, and easily deserves more Smash representation than it currently has.

Support Dark Samus! Put these in your sig:

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Hiatus
There was a Ten Year hiatus, starting after the release of Super Metroid. Metroid games were rumorred for the 64, but Nintendo later denied it. Many fans thought Metroid was dead, 'till....

Franchise Revival
In 2000, Nintendo announced the release of a brand new Metroid game, known as Metroid Prime!

-Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime, is the very It had featured the final boss, known as Metroid Prime(Dark Samus' first form)! Samus had (of course) defeated it. Metroid Prime following its defeat on Tallon IV, Metroid Prime sucks off the outer layer of Phazon which made Samus's Phazon Suit.

It then used it as a shell to become Dark Samus. Prime gained new abilities as well; like, shooting Phazon beams (much likeSamus's Power Beam), as well as hover, recover health, and create shadow clones.

-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Ahh, where we encounter the form of Prime we want in Brawl. There are two places, dark and light aether, where you can use certain guns.

There are Ings, as monsters. Samus meets Dark Samus, who wanders around all over searching for Phazon to survive as well as engaging Samus at different points in the game. Samus is clueless to who she/it is, at the first encounter.

Samus travels to the Sky Temple after finding 9 keys, where the Emperor Ing is guarding the last part of the Light of Aether left on Dark Aether. She defeats the Emperor Ing, and collects the last of the Light of Aether.

Upon doing this, Dark Aether begins to collapse, and as Samus tries to escape, she rendevous Dark Samus at the gateway to the Sky Temple. Dark Samus has absorbed massive amounts of Phazon, and her suit has become transparent. Samus defeats Dark Samus, and narrowly escapes the pursuing Ing.

On Aether, all the portals have self-destructed now that Dark Aether no longer exists. A secret cutscene can be seen for getting 100% of items in the game. It shows Dark Samus reforming in space, setting the stage for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Corruption is precisely six months after the events Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, with the player again taking the role of Samus Aran. The story begins with a meeting between Samus and the Galactic Federation, in which she meets three other bounty hunters: Ghor, Rundas and Gandrayda.

The hunters help fend off a Space Pirate attack on the fleet, then are quickly dispatched to the nearby planet Norion and ordered to activate its laser defense system. During the mission, an asteroid-size "Leviathan Seed" is sighted heading to the planet.

The Hunters, having defeated Meta Ridley and the Space Pirates and restored power to the defense system, rush to the control room, but are attacked by Dark Samus just before they can activate the system. With the other hunters unconscious, a severely wounded Samus manages to activate the laser just in time to destroy the Leviathan Seed.

Samus wakes up a month later and learns that she and her fellow Hunters were corrupted by Phazon from Dark Samus' attack. Samus is ordered to destroy each Leviathan Seed and seek the whereabouts of the other Hunters.

She encounters Dark Samus on Phaaze(the source of all phazon). He had fused with a stolen Aurora Unit that is linked with Phaaze's core. Samus is able to defeat Dark Samus, which destroys the Phazon in her/it body and causes the planet to self-destruct. The Federation fleet escapes via another wormhole, but loses contact with Samus in the process.

Eventually, though, her ship appears, and she reports that her mission is complete, then flies off into space. If you collect every single pickup upon completion of the game, a special extended ending after the credits shows an unknown ship following Samus' gunship as it flies off from Elysia(Metroid Prime 4:Redundancy).

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Mind if I ask the mod to make a new thread? I want to arrange stuff with Pictures here and there to keep the viewer interested, certain facts in certain places, and on and on. Can I?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Mind if I ask the mod to make a new thread? I want to arrange stuff with Pictures here and there to keep the viewer interested, certain facts in certain places, and on and on. Can I?
hmmm....yeah, i suppose that would be a good idea. we need to fill that first post with Dark Samus propaganda.

I definitely want my moveset to get some recognition...

I changed it a bit too.

Standard Special <Phazon Beam>: Fires a fast burst of Phazon energy. A normal shot is similar to a Ray Gun bolt, but with hardly the same knockback. This move can be charged like Link’s standard special from Melee (which is to say it can be charged to a point and held indefinitely, but you can’t walk around with it and fire it later). A fully charged shot fires a barrage of Phazon energy that lasts for a good second or two. This is a combo move with a lot of knockback at the last hit.

Side Special <Dark Echo>: Dark Samus splits into two and performs an acrobatic sideways summersault to separate. The move can be interrupted, in which case the replica will disappear. It takes a second to complete. The Dark Echo mimics Dark Samus’s movements and attacks, behaving just like an Ice Climber-style partner. However, the Dark Echo is about as unstable and can be destroyed quite easily.

Up Special <Boost Ball>: Dark Samus enters her Morph Ball and charges power, then zooms away in the held direction in her normal form. This is almost identical to Fox’s up special (other than the graphics), but Dark Samus moves faster when the attack launches.

Down Special <Invisibility>: Dark Samus becomes invisible until she attacks or is damaged.

Final Smash <Corruption>: Dark Samus unleashes a wave of Phazon energy that spreads outwards. The attack causes a lot of damage, but does not make opponent’s flinch. However, affected opponents will be corrupted, which means they lose control of their character. The characters begin moving on their own and using attacks at random. The corruption wears off after ten seconds or so.

I could come up with all the other attacks too if need be.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, our members are basically the only ones who post...I guess they wouldn't mind,
I'm all for it!! But run it by DarkSpidey13 at least....

Edit: DS13 is for the DS new thread!!
and that's a pretty good moveset too, but i don't get the side b, can u explain it for me?

and that's a pretty good moveset too, but i don't get the side b, can u explain it for me?
Well you know when you fight her on Phaaze? The first time she splits, she does it with a fancy flip motion to the side. And that's basically what's happening here (she does it at 2:05 in this vieo). And then you get an Ice Climber-style partner, except it can be destroyed with a few attacks to avoid it being overpowered. And I should add that if used when a copy already exists, the old one disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom