• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
wow, for some reason I never thought about a mother3 boss. wow, how intense would pokey be as a boss in brawl?
that would be nice....

imagine...first you fight the Pokey Bots and then you fight Claus and then Pokey (Pokey is the final boss right? Im still waiting for the translation patch to play Mother 3...)

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
Kumatora is the overrated one, I think Duster or Flint are better and more unique choices.
Yeah, I have to agree with Kumatora being overated but I could never get into the idea of duster for some reason. And with Lucas having the rope snake, eh, a seems a bit limited move wise. But I think Flint would be an awesome character despite the fact that he is only playable in the first chapter.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I never actually got why people want Flint, yeah, he's a cowboy, cowboys are cool, who doesnt like them, but he doesnt have powers or anything, asaide from having a stick or a piece of wood.
I think it's mostly because besides not being a big character he is very important to Mother 3 (And he's a cowboy).

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
why is Kuma overrated?

and dude wtf after I post something 30,000 ppl posted before me in a span of like.....9 seconds...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
*wtf when I think someone will post ahead of me noone does....nvm this post sry*

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
Kumatora is over rated because (at least in my opinion) she is sort of the equivalent to paula from mother2 characters like Duster, Flint, or even Wes are more diverse and interesting character choices (noting that all of this is the opinion of one man)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea I know....but I dont think she's as overrated as ......other ppl...I dunno....I guess ppl favor female characters especially badass ones with psychic powers and 1337 melee skillz....then again a limping thief is pretty cool too......

hey btw Duster cant use PSI right

No, Claus is the Final Boss
all the more reason for his inclusion as a PC and a Boss...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
christ, I'm glad that this topic got back on topic.
yea seriously.....and Im amazed how fast people reply...gdam I think Ill hit 1000 before I go to sleep....

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Boney for the win!!!! :p (sarcasm)
for the third one I dont know, Kumatora only has Starstorm and Ground for PKs and maybe Paralysis/Hypnosis/Brainshow and Power Downs. It wouldnt feel Kumatora to me, LUcas has all of her moves (most of them).
As for Duster, Lucas having Rope-Snake kinda kills his chances, unless he is based on his Thief tools, but the dont have any offensive ability, maybe throwing electric-balls thingys?..., mmm, Pokey doesnt fight, unless he is riding his spider-mech, which is too big, and this too-big excuse cannot be ignored becouse if you make the spider mech smaller, it would make Pokey smaller, making Pokey like half the size of Lucas in Brawl so that the Spider mech size is similar to bowser's, maybe a little bigger.
mmm...no Mother 3 characters left (that actually have a chance)...Lucas and Claus are just fine by themselves ^^
(As I said before, I dont see Flint with a original and good moveset, so I'm not counting him unless I hear a good one)

and no, Duster doesnt use PSI

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You guys are kinda greedy with your Mother characters. There is no possible way there will be more than two in Brawl.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
yeah, I know, as much as I like Mother gamez, they arent really that big compared to other franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby, 2 characters are just fine.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I've got ideas about the Sub Space Emmisary.

Wouldn't an awesome story about him going after Pokey for revenge for brain washing him be awsome in Subspace?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
2 is the highest logical #...

if we do happen to get Claus, Kuma, and Duster and maybe even Flint with a grand total of 5...

Every other franchise will kind require a minimum of 4-5 chars IMHO....

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
zomg its amazing how fast ppl post...then again Im typing with one hand so that could mean something...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea I know its wishful thinking....

but you can kinda force Yoshi to have like...3 (Yoshi, Shy Guy, Kamek)

same with Falcon and Samus...

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
oh well then would you rather me create another pointless thread to completely support the over spamming that it has developed? And no it is not as off topic as the ness argument. Ness is a different character in a different game. there are plenty of threads where you can spin your wheels in the mud about ness's chances etc. but this topic is not in the least as overkill as the ness topic is (and at the very least some interesting ideas are coming out of this topic)
Edit: this was directed to grim lizard but the speed of this board kind of off centered it, sorry.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
ok lets discuss something...

Claus' name in Brawl

will he be Masked Man/Boy or Claus? wadya think?...

Top Bottom