• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I changed my mind, this guy's to awesome to not be in Brawl. And that's some kickass fanart GenG.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm glad you liked the fanarts. I'm looking for some more, but most M3 fansites don't have too much robo Claus art.

Bubbleman_Nsider said:
If there's gonna be MOTHER3 music, it's the ThemeSong(Love) and King P's Theme, which the DCMC plays in the game and also appeared on the N64 trailer.
A stage...hhhmm... maybe New Pork City, Drago's Plateau or maybe Tazimily Village.
Yes, I think the Love Theme, DCMC Theme and King P's theme are the ones which will be featured in Brawl.

New Pork Town, on the King P skycraper and other surrounding buildings like Fourside stage = King P's theme.
Tazmily, aka Nowhere Island general view, showing most important locations in the background (Sunflower field, Thunder Tower, etc.) = Love Theme, DCMC Song for alternate.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I say "no" to Claus simply because
he dies at the end. I don't think characters who died in their games should be in Brawl.

I'd rather have Flint or Lucas trepresent Mother 3.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I say "no" to Claus simply because
he dies at the end. I don't think characters who died in their games should be in Brawl.

I'd rather have Flint or Lucas trepresent Mother 3.
Ah, what does that matter? Brawl is as far away from continuity in any of the franchises it encompasses. So what if Claus
dies at the end of Mother 3
? He can still be in Brawl.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Bowser always seems to die at the end.
Ganondorf DEFINITELY dies, Captain Falcon died in his TV show, I don't remember,
but I think Marth dies (or was it his girl). Ridley died.

So I do not see your logic.

GenG

Smash Lord
So, Sigurd can't be in Smash because he died, yet he is one of the most requested characters. Same with Hector. And Geno disappears to the skies. Ganondorf became stone at the end of Wind Waker.

And Snake will most likely die in MGS4, so he shouldn't be in too? Smash Bros doesn't search continuity.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf DEFINITELY dies, Captain Falcon died in his TV show, I don't remember,

Bowser never died. He just gets his *** kicked. If you are talking about New Super Mario Bros., Bowser Jr. revives him at the end. Ganondorf constantly comes bcak to life. Captain Falcon's TV show has nothing to do with the games so that doesn't count. I have no clue about Marth. Ridly is constantly being rebuilt to fight Samus (that's how he became Meta-Ridley).

Unless Claus has a magical way of coming back to life like his comrades, he shouldn't be in Brawl.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
So, Sigurd can't be in Smash because
he died
, yet he is one of the most requested characters. And Geno disappears to the skies. Ganondorf became stone at the end of Wind Waker.

And Snake will most likely die in MGS4, so he shouldn't be in too? Smash Bros doesn't search continuity.
Geno just went out of the doll, he didn't die. I explained Ganondorf in my other post. I think Hideo Kojima said Snake won't die at the end. I can't argue with Sigurd, though, as he was supposed to appear in Melee.

Meh, if Claus gets in Brawl, I won't be pissed since he's exactly like Darth Vader.
He'll be the first permenantly dead character to fight.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Thanks people for agreeing. Yes, Claus for brawl. And what's even better about this thread,
is that he'll probably actually make it in! That's so cool! He looks awesome!
I've never played Mother 3, but now I want him in brawl!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Thanks people for agreeing. Yes, Claus for brawl. And what's even better about this thread,
is that he'll probably actually make it in! That's so cool! He looks awesome!
I've never played Mother 3, but now I want him in brawl!
Claus will most likely be in, but I want Flint over him ;)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord

Well then. That pretty much ruined the point of using those spoiler tags, now didn't it?

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Well then. That pretty much ruined the point of using those spoiler tags, now didn't it?
I don't think Nintendo cares if a character dies or not, someone just mentioned some of the dead characters that have always came back, another example is StarFox's Andross, always coming around.

More Claus support, spread the word.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
dude i so tatally wish i hadnt found out about claus and his robo form becuase i am planning on bying the game when it comes to america. thanks alot for the big spoiler!

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
dude i so tatally wish i hadnt found out about claus and his robo form becuase i am planning on bying the game when it comes to america. thanks alot for the big spoiler!
1- Did you ever saw "*Spoilers for MOTHER3 ahead!*" in the front page?
2-You'll forget about it, eventually.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
i know this is kinda off topic but are they even coming out with a Mother 3 in the US?
Currently not... sadly.
But I'm not taking this thread for the unexplained reasons of why NintendoOfAmerica hasn't localized this great title.
May as well import a japanese version of it.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
i know this is kinda off topic but are they even coming out with a Mother 3 in the US?
There are two rumors about that.

1. For the Nintendo DS, they will make a game containing the 3 Mother titles in one. This one seems most likely.

2. Even though it is not a NES, SNES, or N64 game, Mother 3 will be released for the Virtual Console. This seems very unlikely.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
There are two rumors about that.

1. For the Nintendo DS, they will make a game containing the 3 Mother titles in one. This one seems most likely.

2. Even though it is not a NES, SNES, or N64 game, Mother 3 will be released for the Virtual Console. This seems very unlikely.
the ds version would be great come to think of it, im also completely wanting a fire emblem and a smashbros for the ds.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Geno just went out of the doll, he didn't die. I explained Ganondorf in my other post. I think Hideo Kojima said Snake won't die at the end. I can't argue with Sigurd, though, as he was supposed to appear in Melee.

Meh, if Claus gets in Brawl, I won't be pissed since he's exactly like Darth Vader.
He'll be the first permenantly dead character to fight.
Boy you couldn't be any more wrong about that. :laugh: Darth Vader KEPT his free will when he was converted into cyborg format. Claus was not that fortunate. Throughout the game, the Magypsies (won't get into them right now or this deal with the 7 needles) refer to Claus as a boy without a soul, mainly due to his lack of emotions. Claus' true personality/identity, free will, and whatnot was, to put in a certain way, "sealed in" so that he could follow the Pig Army's orders and remove the 7 needles of Nowhere Islands without any judgement or concern. And King P. (we all can guess who that is without playing the game) clearly states that he "programmed" Claus to be his loyal servant and robot toy, nothing more.

And yeah I DID kinda want to prevent this information from being leaked as to spoil people but yeah, no sense crying over it now. I'm actually happy that a lot more people are taking a shine to Claus because of his backstory.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that tag is needed as every red-blooded EB fan most likely knew that from the start. I mean, when you have guy who's named King P. and leads a army of pig-themed Storm Troopers as the main villain, who else is there that fits that description?

Of course there's more to Pokey than that in this game.

Nemba

Smash Cadet
I think they should put a older, refined version of Ness in the SSBB. Maybea little bit taller, possibly few different attacks, and stronger/weaker damage depending on the move. This, of course, would replace the original Ness. I doubt they'll do it though. <_< As for claus, he seems interesting enough to have a position in SSBB. Although since there isn't a lot of girls you can bet Paula will most likely be chosen over him. Hopefully not.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Let's wait and see if Lucas gets in first. Lucas needs to be in before Claus makes it in.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, obviously. It just seems safe to assume that Lucas will make it in, given the circumstances. Claus is definately next in line after that.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think they should put a older, refined version of Ness in the SSBB. Maybea little bit taller, possibly few different attacks, and stronger/weaker damage depending on the move. This, of course, would replace the original Ness. I doubt they'll do it though. <_< As for claus, he seems interesting enough to have a position in SSBB. Although since there isn't a lot of girls you can bet Paula will most likely be chosen over him. Hopefully not.
Why?

Ness is a child, he should stay a child.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Well, the problem with Lucas is, that he would be a Ness clone, unless Sakuria decides on changing Ness for Lucas, which would be better IMO. Then again, I didn't see Paula on Sakurai's blog, the only EB related characters that appeared were Jeff, Lucas and Claus, Claus being one of the earlier ones.

Phantom Edge, I made a moveset, some pages back, of course, I would change it someday.

Dotdotdot!, Ness isn't a child, he's a teen, when EarthBound came around, he was 13.

About King.P, every single person that played both EarthBound and MOTHER3 know who he is. But for spoiler reasons, I'll leave that alone.

By the way, I have a sig add-on for this:

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Claus and poo costumes:

Nice work on those Claus ones, although I'd assume that there'd be a little more variation than that. They'd probably have the robotic parts be be shaded a little bit to match the color. But whatever.

@ Stryks: I get where you're coming from, but wouldn't a better comparison be Ness and Lucas, instead of Ness and Claus? Just asking.

Stryks

Smash Hero
@ Stryks: I get where you're coming from, but wouldn't a better comparison be Ness and Lucas, instead of Ness and Claus? Just asking.
Yeah well to be honest I dont know much about the Mother/earthbound series, But Claus looks more eviler, cool lookin fighter than ness its all im sayin, he reminds me of darth vader XD...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yeah well to be honest I dont know much about the Mother/earthbound series, But Lucas looks more eviler, cool lookin fighter than ness its all im sayin, he reminds me of darth vader XD...
XD, You mean Claus. Well, it's alright if you don't know much about Mother. I just meant that Lucas is more similar to Ness than Claus. That's all.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
but I hope they change his look a little, right now he looks sort of like one of those lame rebel pilots from the original star wars movies.
If you watch Foster's home for imaginary friends, there is this one episode where bloo is mocked by some blonde kid from across the street. This kid looks like claus without his cyber suit. In fact, bubbleman has the picture... WINK WINK BUBBLEMAN.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Ok I made a new "For Brawl" sig, this time its claus!:

U can use it freely, all I ask is some +rep XD...
A Claus sig, nice.
I'll be using it very soon.

LOL

Wipe, you confused Claus for Lucas. That's something normal, most in-game characters did the same.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
If you watch Foster's home for imaginary friends, there is this one episode where bloo is mocked by some blonde kid from across the street. This kid looks like claus without his cyber suit. In fact, bubbleman has the picture... WINK WINK BUBBLEMAN.
You know, judging by the fact that Mother 3 never actually came out in the US, I'd be willing to bet that whatever it is you're talking about is just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom