• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official chess thread: Live chess tournament 1 signups now open

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So that's Kal, Bees (been corresponding with him on chess.com) and myself interested in a tournament.

The admin for the Super Smash Brothers group on chess.com don't seem to be active but I can try sending them a message. If they don't reply I could try starting our own group?

I have a premium membership so I can make tournaments no problem just think a group on the site would make things smoother.
Username: Fluffyblade, add me please.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm going to start a smashboards group on the site, the current one seems to be completely inactive. Let me know if you want to join.

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/smashboards

Join that and we can get tournaments, team matches going etc.

Everyone that has expressed interest has been invited to the group.

So far me, Bees, Kal and Froggy expressed interest. I also invited ru55i4n who I know is active on chess.com and who I played with ages ago.

I want to start a tournament Monday 10th.

Sent loads of messages to people that were either in the chess social group here or active on chess threads.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Send him an invite, can't find him on member search.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll enter tournaments but I am currently in 1 right now (and due to being a basic member, I cannot join another one.) I'd also prefer the tournaments to be non-rated if possible. Live tournaments would also work as there is no prerequisite.

Name: CabassoG
Chess.com Ratings
Online Chess/Correspondence: 1768, I generally float between 1750 at the low end and 1820 at the high end, 1868 is my highest but that was in the first month back in 09)
Live Chess - Blitz: 1974 (High 2002)
Live Chess - Bullet: 1763 (High 1861)
Live Chess - Standard: 1743 (High 1759)
Offline rating: 1794 (Regular/Standard) 1834 (Blitz)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How long left in your tourny Koro?

Would be up for live tournaments just a bit harder to organise.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
How long left in your tourny Koro?

Would be up for live tournaments just a bit harder to organise.
Probably 3 months as I am most likely advancing to round 3. If not, give it a month and a half. Depends on if anyone is cheating in round 3 or if anyone is timing out.

http://www.chess.com/tournaments/pairings?id=34427&round=2

Group 1 Rank 3. Top 3 advance.

I would resign from it after my games end but this opening happens to be my favorite and my best so I would not.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I would much much rather live tournaments.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Live tournaments are much too hard to coordinate IMO, we could all just challenge each other in online chess and whoever has the best score out of all the games wins the "tournament".

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
New Year Tournament? I don't mind either drawing one up or using random pairing and everyone can just challenge each other as was suggested? Thoughts? Time per move would be lengthy to allow for other commitments.

Live is easier to play out but harder to organise. If we make pairings you could play it on live with your partner if you prefer.

:phone:

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Aw man! I'm like 1900 USCF and I just found out about this thread. I'd love to be in a chess tournament! I set up a chessboard at APEX and beat all challengers.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
still play chess at a much better level than smash. Just broke the 2k level

Reg rating: 1800
Quick: 1850
Blitz 2000

Top Bottom