• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ban Jiggs(Melee) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Seriously.

Mangos Jiggs(high tier not top) is beating Fox's, Shiek's, Falco's and Marth's.

So, like in Brawl(where MK has potential counterpicks), instead of waiting for other characters to evolve, the only logical way to make things "fair" is to ban Jiggs so other characters have a chance.

Discuss.

(also, we should ban the whole low and bottom tier since those characters are basically useless)

Pi

Smash Hero
Seriously.

Mangos Jiggs(high tier not top) is beating Fox's, Shiek's, Falco's and Marth's.

So, like in Brawl(where MK has potential counterpicks), instead of waiting for other characters to evolve, the only logical way to make things "fair" is to ban Jiggs so other characters have a chance.

Discuss.

(also, we should ban the whole low and bottom tier since those characters are basically useless)

Lol, you act like we didn't give enough time in brawl for other chars to develop. How much time do you want to give before we they decided to ban MK? There were months and months for people to learn the match up and the outcome was the same, so your sarcastic post is stupid

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
no wrong.

people even say that MK has potential characters that he can lose to.

if he gets banned(like people wanted to do with shiek in early melee) then thats one less chatracter to choose from and months of people practicing B moves will be washed down the drain..

then another character will come up and take MKs place and u fvck heads will want that char banned too(DDD or snake prolly).

i also love how serious people get over brawl bashing still lol

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
brawl players have been playing competitive video games for a little over a year and they think they know it all.

only seibrik can ban MK

Pi

Smash Hero
no wrong.

people even say that MK has potential characters that he can lose to.

if he gets banned(like people wanted to do with shiek in early melee) then thats one less chatracter to choose from and months of people practicing B moves will be washed down the drain..

then another character will come up and take MKs place and u fvck heads will want that char banned too(DDD or snake prolly).

I love your supporting statement (underlined)
potential, meaning simply speculation, yet to be proven
and 'people even say', oh yea? well people even say he doesn't have any counters

You seem to forget that brawl simply isn't as deep as melee, there's no L-canceling, no wavedashing, nothing to enhance any of the current characters much further than they already have been.

Look at MK as a character, boatloads of lagless moves he can throw around, he can fly, he's fast, he can fly, he can press B and out prioritize **** near everything, and last but not least, he can fly.

The only potential counter for Mk is going to be a strategy thought up by someone, which could be done on any character. And short of camping your *** off on some char w/ projectiles I don't see any effective strategy arising in the future to counter MK.

P.s.
who cares what goes on in brawl. Why'd you make this topic, to speak out against MK's ban? Who cares?

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
lols. lols. Why did I just lols? Oh right, I believe it was due to the hypocrisy of such a statement.

Cease the trolling, or at least, provide decent support for your claims.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The only thing that made me laugh in this thread was that the people supporting the mk ban were people i've never even heard of or seen at tournaments....

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I don't think a ban is necessary just yet because I still have hopes that people will figure something out and mk will be a little bit easier to deal with. Seriously though lets not try and say that mk has any counter picks, he doesn't. He has an advantage in every single match in the game and even if somehow he is even with lets say wario and snake, he still has an advantage in the set because he is good on every single stage and the same cannot be said of wario and especially not for snake.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I don't think a ban is necessary just yet because I still have hopes that people will figure something out and mk will be a little bit easier to deal with. Seriously though lets not try and say that mk has any counter picks, he doesn't. He has an advantage in every single match in the game and even if somehow he is even with lets say wario and snake, he still has an advantage in the set because he is good on every single stage and the same cannot be said of wario and especially not for snake.
You do realize that (outside of melee) pretty much every game's top tier character has no bad matchups?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
everyone knows that mk is just jiggs on steroids with fcukin bat wings, a sword, some shiny shoes, and a killer mask to be protected against swine flu.

true story.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
rofl rofl rofl

Jiggs is good yes, but not completely broken. She can be beaten. Adaptation is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom