• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ban Jiggs(Melee) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Lol, is not that hard. THe cure of the Jiggy flue is....

F-ZERO!!!!!!!!1...

no wait, sorry i mean...

CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!! <3

nuff said.

note: I haven't beat h-box jigs...got him into one stock once or twice...but get ***** too hard D:

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
You do realize that (outside of melee) pretty much every game's top tier character has no bad matchups?
I do realize this but I wouldn't say thats a good thing. I'm not sure what your point is actually... Other games are unbalanced so smash should be too?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I do realize this but I wouldn't say thats a good thing. I'm not sure what your point is actually... Other games are unbalanced so smash should be too?
His point is, that a game being "unbalanced" in no reason in and of itself to start arbitrarily banning characters just because they are good.

And that we have years and dozens of unbalanced games (with the most relevant example being the Smash Series) as proof that you don't have to ban characters for an unbalanced game to be fun/competitive

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
And that we have years and dozens of unbalanced games (with the most relevant example being the Smash Series) as proof that you don't have to ban characters for an unbalanced game to be fun/competitive
I am not arguing that the game is not fun/competitive with mk present. I am not even arguing for a ban necessarily. All I am saying is that it is plausible that the game could be more fun/competitive with mk banned. If it is the case that banning him results in an increase in competitiveness than it is our job as a community to facilitate that ban. Simply citing that other communities in the past have decided not to ban dominate characters is not relevant at all.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I am not arguing that the game is not fun/competitive with mk present. I am not even arguing for a ban necessarily. All I am saying is that it is plausible that the game could be more fun/competitive with mk banned. If it is the case that banning him results in an increase in competitiveness than it is our job as a community to facilitate that ban. Simply citing that other communities in the past have decided not to ban dominate characters is not relevant at all.
I don't think "it is our job" to facilitate a perfectly balanced game.

If that were the case, we should ban the entire top and high tier since they all pretty much **** the low tiers. For the game to be as balanced and competitive as possible we would probably have to ban every character except falcon, ganon, sonic, link and jiggs. Also we should ban every stage except smashville.

our job as a community is to promote a diverse, fun game that is reasonably conducive to tournament play, and if that is impossible--to find a new game to play.

We make tons and tons of concessions in Smash for the sake of fun and diversity, such as allowing obviously dumb counterpick stages to remain legal, and allowing OP'd stuff like chaingrabbing.

all that aside though
my opinion is that MK is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as this community has begun to make him out to be. It's getting kind of ridiculous. The legend of Metaknight is starting to precede the actual attributes of the character.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You see, you explained your troll. You basically said, "I'm trolling, and this is how I'm doing it." I was getting ready to XD, but now I'm just :/

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I don't think "it is our job" to facilitate a perfectly balanced game.

If that were the case, we should ban the entire top and high tier since they all pretty much **** the low tiers. For the game to be as balanced and competitive as possible we would probably have to ban every character except falcon, ganon, sonic, link and jiggs. Also we should ban every stage except smashville.

our job as a community is to promote a diverse, fun game that is reasonably conducive to tournament play, and if that is impossible--to find a new game to play.

We make tons and tons of concessions in Smash for the sake of fun and diversity, such as allowing obviously dumb counterpick stages to remain legal, and allowing OP'd stuff like chaingrabbing.

all that aside though
my opinion is that MK is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as this community has begun to make him out to be. It's getting kind of ridiculous. The legend of Metaknight is starting to precede the actual attributes of the character.
Your argument does not make sense. You are making claims that have no logical basis and than not backing up your claims at all.

If mk were to be banned it doesnt mean that other characters could or would be banned. What you are arguing is called an illogical slippery slope argument. A logical slippery slope argument goes something like this: Man A is bald. If you add one hair to his head is he still bald? What about one more? He is still bald isn't he? I can go on like this for a while as I am sure you can see, to the point were it becomes difficult to define when baldness ends. This is a logical slippery slope argument. Your argument however is not because there is a clear difference between mk and every other character in the cast. mk, for example has no bad match-ups and no bad stages; this is not true for any other character in the game.

Also what concessions do we make? There is nothing wrong with chain-grabbing it does not imbalance the game. There is also nothing wrong with the stage list as it diversifies the game. Making the only legal stage smashville or some variation like that would extremely buff characters like dedede, snake and diddy, which would make the game less balanced, not more.

theONEjanitor said:
I am glad you think this way because what you are saying fits with my argument. If banning mk promotes a diverse, fun game that is reasonably conductive to tournament play, than he should be banned.

I really suggest you read http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7266367&postcount=3287

Eyada is neutral to mk being banned but makes an excellent point as to what criteria warrants a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom