• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OC3 - video updates

Bloody_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
"Someone let me know when the videos play smoother...

If you want a lot of people to watch your videos, you'd probably need a much better server first. The video player is also very annoying to work with, especially since it won't let me move backwards in the video and it buffers for a minute every 5 seconds..."

Couldnt have said it better then Cort, why cant you just upload the videos to youtube?
Especially once you get up to the important matches its really hard to work with getyourtournmant.com.

The King

Smash Ace
Vids work fine for me. It buffers for about 15 seconds then runs smooth the rest of the way. just start the match, then pause it and let it fully buffer, then sit back and enjoy.
Glenn, awesome stuff on all these videos and having them up so quickly. Unbelievable job on the vids, and on the live updating blog for oc3, that was pretty cool.

And like TheGameII said earlier, he wants the vids to remain hosted on his site so traffic is directed to his site, and not detoured away to youtube instead. Hits = good for business, even if he's not charging to watch them. What's easiest for you to watch isn't what is best for TheGameII or his site's well-being.

King Out

The Game II

Smash Champion
This all comes after a talk from my brother, who has helped me out immensely with the web site.

I would have hoped that people read the notice I put earlier, but I'll mention something else.

A couple weeks ago, I had a few people message me saying "Hey Glenn/Game, there are no new videos." and I told them there was a bunch of new videos on Get Your Tournament. They said they "checked the Web site" which they confessed was www.youtube.com/getyourtournament INSTEAD of www.getyourtournament.com

The format I had a few weeks ago (mp4) was one that pissed off a lot of people. You think this is bad, imagine if I stuck with my quicktime format. You all would have been up in arms.

As I said earlier, when I get back from Evo West, I plan to buy more bandwith and space. The moment I made this thread, the visitor and hit count jumped up astronomically. That's what I want, that's what business are looking for from me. It is a struggle because we're all accustomed to instant gratification, but I ask that people please bear with me, please bear with me, please bear with me, for at least a few more days.

All the videos should be available. If a video isn't available (ie: the screen stays black for an extended period of time) let me know.

(and for those who know me, yes this is a much different tone because I don't want to be a ******* about this issue anymore).

aesis: I'll check your matches

--GCII

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The only thing I noticed that is odd is say after you just watched the two rounds of one matchup, if you try to go back to the videos and watch another set, at least to me the media player screws up (even if I try to refresh that page). However, if I just close the window and reopen getyourtournament and I pick a different set then it works. This isn't that big of a hassle, any ideas on why this happens to me?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
everything works awesome : )
m2k + chu are so good!
howd they lose??
Same way as everyone else, they lost their combined 8 stocks before their opponents.

all quacking aside, it's practically always the same when good pros play, combination of nerves, bad luck, good reads from their opponent = win for the opposing team.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Holly **** there's a dude named Nasty Nate who plays Jiggs.

Wow at the similarities with myself, it sounds like my identity was stolen.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
this is awsome...thank you so much for the video and live coverage of oc3...

wow, in germ vs tommy, i have never seen a link **** a shiek so badly....a 3 stock and a jv 3 stock haha

tsetse

Smash Lord
here goes another VOD all over again. I really don't think you have the rights to these videos unless you actually have the peoples consent. We have not signed any terms of service contract or something to that effect so why is is not legal for anyone to post these up on youtube? its there but i had to scroll all the way down to find the small print.

Terms of service contract from getyourtournament
This Web site, as of Jan. 26, 2007, is available free of charge. All podcasts, video clips, and written stories are available free of charge. That will change in the coming months as we expand. When more information is made about pay-to-view, it will be posted on the Web site.

We should continue to only post vids up on youtube or other places that will not charge a fee. This is my prediction when you start charging a fee you will lose the audience. people want there vids for free. Check up on charging a fee for people to view the vids of players without their consent, post up what you find out please. Unless you do have their written consent. Do you have to have to have ISAI or M2k sign agreement to post their vids and charge for them?

I am not trying to be a jerk, so please find out.

These are my 2 cents.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
here goes another VOD all over again. I really don't think you have the rights to these videos unless you actually have the peoples consent. We have not signed any terms of service contract or something to that effect so why is is not legal for anyone to post these up on youtube? its there but i had to scroll all the way down to find the small print.

This Web site, as of Jan. 26, 2007, is available free of charge. All podcasts, video clips, and written stories are available free of charge. That will change in the coming months as we expand. When more information is made about pay-to-view, it will be posted on the Web site.

We should continue to only post vids up on youtube or other places that will not charge a fee. This is my prediction when you start charging a fee you will lose the audience. people want there vids for free. Check up on charging a fee for people to view the vids of players without their consent, post up what you find out please. Unless you do have their written consent. Do you have to have to have ISAI or M2k sign agreement to post their vids and charge for them?

I am not trying to be a jerk, so please find out.

These are my 2 cents.
Give him some credit, he has stated that he will NOT charge a fee for watching videos.

I think The Game II has done great services to the community, and is continuing to do so. Keep in mind that he has a business to look out for, too.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Give him some credit, he has stated that he will NOT charge a fee for watching videos.

I think The Game II has done great services to the community, and is continuing to do so. Keep in mind that he has a business to look out for, too.
if you read the terms of service it says this.............

just read it and post your thoughts.

tsetse

Smash Lord
well after reading the getyourtournament site it appears there was some sort of arrangement between the oc staff an gyt. so i retract my comments regarding that.

Aesis

Smash Ace
Then it's a shame that PKMvodka (DK) vs Aesis (Sheik) wasn't recorded ;)

2 stocked, then 3 stocked, I believe.
Not to discount the amazing abilities of PKMVodka and whether I would have won,
because I would definitely not have won at all
but

by that time I didn't care at all, because vodka and chester are too good and I didn't mind losing to vodka's dk after I heard what happened to Hugo

and it wasn't 3 stock :)

Shameless insert: did anyone see my matches against Chu? I did fairly well! :D
LAWL

vodka is too good

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sorry Aesis. I never meant it to be an attack on you or anything. You placed around same as me at 0C3 (25th?) so props to you. PKM ***** me up the butt with DK most of the time xD

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I'd like to say that Crazy Return (Ken+Isai's crew) did not give it their all against M2K. In fact, they didn't really care.

Anyone who watched singles saw that Ken + M2K were very close, so how could it be that he didn't even take a stock in the crew battle if he was trying? x_x

Question: Were any TVs recording besides the ones closest to Glenn?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'd like to say that Crazy Return (Ken+Isai's crew) did not give it their all against M2K. In fact, they didn't really care.

Anyone who watched singles saw that Ken + M2K were very close, so how could it be that he didn't even take a stock in the crew battle if he was trying? x_x

no johnz, get some pride

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

honestly , after all my teammates lost , there was no point in me fighting mew2king and going through pc and chu afterwards, or in fact vidjo.

But thats just me, east coast has too many elite fighters all teaming up to form gaytron the ultimate crew. Mew2king forms the head, pc the body and chu dat the arms, and vidjo the legs.

It was fun though =).

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
They should have Gaytron in the Transformers sequel. The Autobots and Decepticons would lose in the first five minutes of the film. The rest of the film would comprise of M2K, PC, Chu, and Vidjo taking over Japan in a Godzilla-esque rampage.

nublet06

Smash Lord

i wouldnt make that big of a john....like....how do you not care about getting humiliated.

the better john is....ken didnt even go to sleep the night before. but yeah it was a lot closer in tournament set. went to 3rd game and everything.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
to fix corrections...

me and chu lost because i was playing much worse than i usually do when i had to fight ken/bombsoldier and i was using marth instead of my teams-character fox (or sheik) because chu requested i use marth. I know better for next time since I have exponentially more teams exp with fox than marth.

ken took 1 stock off me in the crew battle not none. in singles i fought ken i 2 stocked him on poke, got 1 stocked on battlefield, then 3 stocked him on FD. it was close but it wasn't that close. I don't think ken was playing that good that day because he was missing things that he normally doesn't miss but that's probably because he hasn't been practicing so it's understandable

last note - I hate TV 1 which we had to play every match on. I messed up a lot of things I normally don't and played mad slow on it. It might just have been in my head or because I was nervous, but I wasn't doing nearly as bad before then. Even though it's overwith and done with but I'd still prefer a smaller or less laggy TV for next time if there's another big tournament like this. It's not just this but many tourneys feel laggier in the end than it does on random friendly TVs, like EVO East/West for example. I don't know if it's in my head, or if it actually lags more, or a combination of the both, but I highly dislike the slow feel I have on them.

malva00

Smash Master
i wouldnt make that big of a john....like....how do you not care about getting humiliated.
what are you talking about humiliated? you guys don't know what ur talking about especially that delphiki guy.

i should make a private smashboard where only people who know what they are talking about get to post

Top Bottom