• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Awsome School of Smash tonight. I had a blast in random team tournaments and it felt good getting back into it all again.

I also have to thank Dr. D for showing me some techs. I've improved a little bit from them and have potential to do more. Just need to practice.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
A little bit of a rough start, but we got things together. :p lol

I'm going to give the win to Quaa's team tonight and move everyone up a place because Proby f'ed up the bracket by leaving and fate brought Team Applesauce back together...which isn't very random at all. It was originally a 15 man bracket with me as a 1-man team. Nobody wanted to be that 16th guy. >.<

1. Aero Geckos (Quaa and Terrence) :falcon: :marth: (500 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
2. Quicksilver Dynamos (Crash and Schings) :ganondorf: :kirby2: (250 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
3. American Fireballs (Dr. D and SharkAttack) :dk2: :peach: (100 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
4. Black and White Chuckers (Raider88 and Amanda) :jigglypuff: :mewtwo:
5. Deadly Crushers (DaveForShort and Brad Falcon) :sheik: :falcon:
5. Spirit Mafia (Courtney and DanS1) :falco: :drmario:

Not-so-random

?. Poison Tornadoes (Lous and Ebert) :fox: :jigglypuff:

9001. Proby :falco:

Night all, I am now going to BED. :p

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I worked hard for my tickets, ain't nobody gonna take them!

Looking forward to potentially earning more this coming Wednesday. I think I'm just going to save my share of 50 in my treasure trobe, or spend it on that red, wooden yo-yo in the front case.

Anyways is School of Smash starting at 8:00 this Wednesday or 8:30ish?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Because that's what the thread title is for and I'm too lazy to scroll down on the OP.

Also...setups and power strips. We need them tomorrow. The school's TV's are now **** tier.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Because that's what the thread title is for and I'm too lazy to scroll down on the OP.

Also...setups and power strips. We need them tomorrow. The school's TV's are now **** tier.
glad im not the only one who notices that. doing BB combos on those... ugh.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I'm going to be at work from 4:30-7:30 tonight before we start so don't call me during that time.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time Results - 8/31

1. SlayerTokey :falcon: (375 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
1. HIV + :falco: (375 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
3. RyeJew :jigglypuff: (100 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
4. Quaa :falcon: :marth:
5. Soul :mario2: :falco:
5. Dre :marth:
7. Crash :ganondorf:
7. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
9. Lous :fox:
9. Ebert :jigglypuff:
9. Dr. D :dk2:
9. Kev :sheik:
13. Proby/Jess :random:
13. DanS1 :drmario:
13. DaveForShort :sheik:
13. Schings :roymelee:
17. SharkAttack :peach:

(Partial) Crew Battle

Toledo - 10 stocks remaining (Crash, Dr. D, and Raider)
Michigan - 13 stocks remaining (SlayerTokey and HIV+)

Shoutouts to Raider for being the first person besides Quaa to take me out in Super Duper Fun Time and to the MI guys for coming out tonight and taking our Chuck-E-Cheese tickets. :)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
T'was fun times tonight. I got bounced out early, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I just couldn't win the sets I was in. Congrats to Kev and Dave for Short on their victory.

It was cool to meet some of the Michigan Smashers. Thanks for coming to School of Smash. It was definatley entertaining to watch some of your matches.

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
was forced to not have grand finals for the crew battle which we didn't finish, salt. waffle house didn't have fries which i'm super salty about.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
ggs everyone

slayer - i think im going to pick up falcon. ull have to show me the way!!

hiv+ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IX5Ez_Ezn0

rye - we need to play more. i need the puff practice.

quaa - yo good **** beating soul. hes mad salty lol

dre - "word around town is i aint get no *****es... thats a damn lie my nuts in my witness....Swag!"

crash - love the ganon dude im looking forward to playing u again.

raider88 - OMG PUFFFF

lous - glad i finally got to play u. ur fox is sex.

ebert - PUFF.. >_>

Dr. D - yooooo i was so impressed with how much u improved!!! watching u play against fastfallers is crazy!!!! your DK is ****!!!!!!

snuggleguy just be mad jelly of my sheik :yeahboi::denzel::troll:

sry to the ppl i missed i didnt get ur guys tags

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Man, if I get some pretzels and become a street vendor, I could save the School of Smash fund with all this salt.

:yeahboi:

gamerjr

Smash Rookie
Can't wait to fight you guys again (its ebert), Had one of my most enjoyable matches in awhile against soul and ive gotten better over the past week. Still have no idea how to fight space animals...

419R

Smash Rookie
im goin to try to make this if i can find a ride , ima noob who wants to get better
i like melee , but illl play brawl too.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Cool sup new guy, be sure to have fun :D
@MI: anyone got info on when we're going/picking everyone up?
Edit: Got ahold of james, it's all good.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
@419R - Another Toledo Smasher! Awesome. You're more than welcome to stop by and jump right in. :D

Dr. D's 21st Birthday Bonanza

1. SlayerTokey :falcon: :fox: (500 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
2. RyeJew :jigglypuff: (250 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
3. Soul :mario2: :luigi2: :falco: (100 Chuck-E-Cheese Tickets)
4. HIV+ :fox:
5. SharkAttack :peach: :samus2:
5. Lous :fox:
7. Kev :sheik: :ganondorf:
7. BaseGod :marth:
9. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
9. DaveForShort :sheik:
9. Ebert :jigglypuff:
9. Proby :falco:
13. Dr. D :dk:
13. D :marth:
13. Brad Falcon :falcon:
13. DanS1 :drmario:

Geeze Michigan...any prizes catching your eye right now with all those Chuck-E-Cheese tickets?

:yeahboi:

If anyone has any pics of the after-party, those would be great to upload. :awesome:

Also, anti-shoutouts to:

Quaa - For being a scholar and showing up super late.

Fed-Ex - For preventing Crash from coming.

Q - For prioritizing other stuff over Super Duper Fun Time.

Happy 21st Birthday, Dr. D!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
GG's to everyone tonight.

Once again Super Duper Fun Time, or shall I say Dr. D's Birthday Bonanza was a blast.

SlayerTokey- Didn't play

RyeJew - Awsome set. I've never played a Fox as tough as yours. I learned a lot from the matchup while at the same time have a lot to work on for it. Way to knock me out of the tournament.

Soul - Good matches. Your Falco and Fox owned. I learned from those matches a couple of things, along with stuff I need to work on.

HIV+ - Didn't play

SharkAttack- You didn't get dead last!

Lous - Thank you for the Brawl friendly. You've got spacing with Wolf down real well and you shut down a lot of my options because of it.

BaseGod - That was an intense set against your Marth. Momentum kept swinging back and forth. It was a lot of fun.

DanS1 - Good opening set. I was getting worried because you were beginning to figure out my playstyle as the set went on. You were getting around some of my options more easily and coming up was strategies of your own.

Dave for Short - Back to back week vs. you in a set. Those Peach vs. Shiek matches are fun. You also demonstrated that my Saumus sucks lol.

Dr. D - Happy 21st Birthday! Make the best of it.

Everyone else- Thanks for coming out and see you all next week.

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
rye is trolling me through the internet
wes is a hero

EDIT: smashfest at my place tomorrow. they usually run late so time isn't a problem it'll be running all night. pm me if interested.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I have a cold. I'm coming tonight, but I won't be shaking any hands after sets.

...and I might be lazy if I can't get a nap in today.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
The banes of SoS -

Quaa: sloth
Dr. D: women
Crash: work
Lous: Falco
Everybody else: Mario Party

lol Tonight felt really different, but awesome friendlies to everyone I played. :) I learned a few things. I just have to apply them consistently.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I used my secondary (:samusmelee:) in about 80% of my matches yesterday and felt a little bit more confident. I would have used Peach more, but sometimes it's fun just to work on another character you enjoy using.

Yeah, I fell into the Mario Party group. I forgot how bad I suck at the minigames, especially at the ones you have to button mash.

zachisasian

Smash Rookie
oh this is happening again? i might come next week if i remember about it. i'd like to play some super barbie polly pocket brothers again.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
oh this is happening again? i might come next week if i remember about it. i'd like to play some super barbie polly pocket brothers again.
Welcome back. :D I'll try to get some Brawl in with you if you come.

We also have a few guys who bring in BlazBlue now if you're into that.

Top Bottom