• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So yeah, blizzard shenanigans tonight have spread mass confusion around the land.

I'm feeling sick with a headache, cough, and a general weak feeling, so I'm not going to be there. I don't think the turnout is going to be so great, but Kevin/Quaa said he'd be willing to play with anyone who wants to. The Student Union is open because the Bash office is apparently open.

Anyways, I will see you all next week and we'll be back in full force on the normal schedule.

Sorry for the confusion.

-Lous

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know when SoS is gonna start on Wednesday. The snowstorm screwed up everything last week, so I don't know if they're going to have a gaming club meeting on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

In that case, 8:20 should be a good time to show up. If you're late, you won't miss much. If you're early...at least you didn't get there at 8:00. lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 68

Melee Singles​

1. DarkLous :falco: :sheik: ($1,000,000)
2. Quaa :falcon: :link2: ($500,000)
3. Dr. D :pikachu2: :ganondorf: :dk2:
4. Crash :fox:
5. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
5. DaveForShort :sheik:
7. Amanda :link2: :mewtwo:
7. DanS1 :drmario:
9. Ebert :jigglypuff: :popo:
9. Jasmine :sheik:
9. Grant :samus2:
9. Ebert #2 :falco:
13. Zach :random: (forfeit)
13. Courtney :falco:
13. Mark :ness2: (forfeit in winners' bracket)
13. Braaad Falcon :falcon:

PancakePanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
FedExGanon
How am I making it out of pools but always getting fourth and third at these?! Blargh. I almost had you yesterday Louis, I almost had you...

This three year rivalry shall not cease! I will reclaim what was once rightfully mine!!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This looked like fun. School work was heavy for me this week and I couldn't attend. Next week looks more promising for my arrival.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
^^^I only remember hearing part of it, so I can't wait to hear all of the 'Grant Guard' commentary lol.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Okay guys, we'll be starting at 8:00 tomorrow. The tournament for Melee will be random teams. Don't worry, we will be preventing broken teams like Quaa and Lous if it happens. lol

We will try to have a Brawl tournament but not if there are only 3 people who expressed interest like last time. D: Otherwise we'll just have friendlies.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Also, we need copies of Melee tonight and Cubes if possible. Some ******* stole both copies of Melee from the BASH office recently.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't want to do Super Duper Fun Time tonight because of BASHCon on Friday. And I didn't want anyone to get frustrated with their placing tonight.

Hopefully you all felt like you got a little bettter tonight. C:

distortlove

Smash Rookie
Heyy do you guys do this like literally every week? I have a crew of about 5 guys who are down to play- we're about 3 hours away

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yup, we play every week for about 3-4 hours or so. Some of us get together and Smash outside of it.

Btw, SoS starts at 8:45 tomorrow, guys.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll probably be doing some work on my paper tonight guys. I will still be playing from time to time and running everything, though not as much tonight.

Btw, meet there at 8:45 if you're not in the gaming club if I didn't clarify this in the last post.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wish I could have made it out to this tonight. Just like Louis I had a paper to complete as well. I'm amazed Louis that you can focus while a bunch of gaming is taking place. I would be too distracted and want to jump in on the fun.

Good news is I'm finished, but by the time I got out there things would be wrapping up. Maybe next week.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm afraid I'm the one who has to set up and keep everything in order. D: Nah, it's definitely worth it. :D Quaa and I used different characters and a bunch of us played hacky-sack outside till 12:30 so tonight was fun. lul I didn't work on my paper at SoS but it shouldn't be too bad tonight. Just 2 more pages to go...the problem is fitting everything I could say into 2 pages. lol It'll just be one of those nights where I get 4 hours of sleep.

And btw....

Super Duper Fun Time 2/23

Melee Singles

1. Quaa :zelda: :mrgameandwatch: :mario2:
2. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
3. Q :falcon: :dk2:
4. Kev :sheik: :link2:
5. DarkLous :mewtwo: :bowser2:
5. Courtney :falco:
7. DaveForShort :sheik:
7. Ebert :jigglypuff:
9. Freedom :marth:
9. Braaaaad Falcon! :falcon: :kirby2:
9. DanS1 :drmario:
13. Mark :ness2:

No Brawl due to a lack of interest/players.

AquaFox

Smash Rookie
I sucked really bad towards the end. Need to get better at stamina.

QUAA and Raider88 were really tough for me. I need to beat you guys one day :D.

-Q

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Q, I'm sure it won't be long until you beat me. I remember you kicking me around pretty good when you and Quaa were the Super Falcon Bros.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
People are having more faith in lower-tiers.

Btw, we're meeting at 8:00 tomorrow. See you there!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 3.14

Melee Singles​

1. DarkLous :fox: :mewtwo: ($1,000,000)
2. Quaa :falcon: :falco: ($500,000)
3. Crash :fox: :ganondorf: ($167,000)
4. Kev :sheik: :ganondorf: :zelda: :link2:
5. Ebert :jigglypuff: :popo:
5. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
7. DaveForShort :sheik:
7. Courtney :falco:
9. DanS1 :drmario:
9. Mark :ness2: :fox:
9. Jasmine :sheik: (forfeited)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
aren't i like the reigning champ of this thing lol :p
This is a Smashfest we do every week to have fun and get better and stuff. lol

The tourney you won a year ago was BASHCon. The last one happened a month ago. 1der, the guy who lost to you in grand finals at BASHCon XXV, ended up winning this one. :p

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Last week was fun. We didn't do Super Duper Fun Time though because most people just wanted to practice.

Hacky-sack was amazing. Looks like this'll be a weekly thing after SoS, weather permitting.

And I'm thinking about doing something for my 21st on Wednesday the 30th. Maybe order some pizza/donuts for everyone. :O

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Meeting at 8:45 tomorrow guys.

Bring your A-games because I'm going to be pyissed. Life has thrown me more curveballs than I can count in the past week and I'm ready to take it out in the form of Smash.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
There's always next year HoChiMinh. It'd be awesome to have you & possibly Chicago(?) back for XXVII!

SUPER DUPER BRAD FALCON CHALLENGE

1. Quaa :falcon: (half of a crappy leftover cake)
2. Lous :fox: (1 piece of a crappy leftover cake)
3. Kev :sheik: :ganondorf: :link2: ('nuthin)
4. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
5. Crash :fox:
5. DanS1 :drmario:
7. Jasmine :sheik:
7. Ebert :pichu:
9. Brad Falcon :falcon:
9. DaveForShort :sheik:
9. Tron :roymelee:
9. Mark :ness2:
13. Amadeus :pikachu2:
13. Amanda :link2: :mewtwo:

Interesting results tonight! We're running low on funds guys, so we couldn't award the typical million dollar prizes...so we kinda had to scramble tonight to find something.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So yeah...summer. I don't take summer classes, so we may not be able to rent out TV's/the South Lounge like we have over the course of the entire year. Plus many of us are going to be going back to their homes around the country.

Is anyone going to be moving back to Toledo over the summer or have any ideas for another venue if we want to make this happen? Otherwise, we'll just continue SoS once Fall semester starts again.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
We're gonna have to start at 8:45 tomorrow guys. I got scheduled to work and won't be leaving for the school until 8:20ish. D: Quaa isn't sure if he's going to be there and noone wants to volunteer to set up in place of him, so I have no choice.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Lous's 21st Birthday Bonanza

Melee Singles

1. Lous :fox: $1,000,000
2. Quaa :falcon: $500,000
3. Coca :falcon: :marth: $167,000
4. Kev :sheik: :ganondorf:
5. Jasmine :sheik:
5. Braaaad Falcon :falcon:
7. Ebert :jigglypuff:
7. Raider88 :jigglypuff:
9. Courtney :falco:
9. Crash/Q (forfeit/:falcon:)
9. DaveForShort :sheik:
13. Proby :falco:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Meeting tomorrow at 8:45, guys.

Waffle Lous afterwards probably. And we expect to do random teams if the turnout is good.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time Random Teams

1. Alpha Fighters - Quaa :falco: :falcon: & Courtney :falco: 10-2
2. Mighty Spanners - Raider88 :jigglypuff: & DanS1 :drmario: 9-3
3. Shockwave Pirates - Q :falcon: & DaveForShort :sheik: 6-6
4. Deadly Monkeys - Lous :fox: & Proby :fox: (Lous had to play alone for 2 1/2 matches) 5-9
4. Smokin' Tornadoes - Jasmine :sheik: & Ebert :jigglypuff: :pichu: 5-9
5. Wind Cyborgs - Kev :ganondorf: & Braaad Falcon :falcon: 3-9

Random teams and random team names. For the most part, the teams were pretty darn balanced. :D I would've liked to be named the "Shockwave Pirates" though. :(

AquaFox

Smash Rookie
Super Duper Fun Time Random Teams

1. Alpha Fighters - Quaa :falco: :falcon: & Courtney :falco: 10-2
2. Mighty Spanners - Raider88 :jigglypuff: & DanS1 :drmario: 9-3
3. Shockwave Pirates - Q :falcon: & DaveForShort :sheik: 6-6
4. Deadly Monkeys - Lous :fox: & Proby :fox: (Lous had to play alone for 2 1/2 matches) 5-9
4. Smokin' Tornadoes - Jasmine :sheik: & Ebert :jigglypuff: :pichu: 5-9
5. Wind Cyborgs - Kev :ganondorf: & Braaad Falcon :falcon: 3-9

Random teams and random team names. For the most part, the teams were pretty darn balanced. :D I would've liked to be named the "Shockwave Pirates" though. :(
DaveforShort and I kept learning team work throughout the tournament. We should have learned before :p. I guess that's what you get with random teams. I had lots of fun playing with him.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
DaveforShort and I kept learning team work throughout the tournament. We should have learned before :p. I guess that's what you get with random teams. I had lots of fun playing with him.
Good to hear. I had tons of fun playing as well. Every team seemed even and it was a challenge. :p

Also...SoS has been going for almost 6 MONTHS. Can't believe it. :)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
6 Months! Awsome accomplishment. I really need to get back into it again. Unfortnately again tonight is another no go for me. Have to finish a big paper.

Top Bottom