• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I couldn't tell... GGs. I wanted to grind it out against your Bowser because I apparently suck. My neutral game sucks. That is the only area I feel I need to work on, and possibly my edgeguarding.
Oh sorry, I've been playing a lot of Ike lately and I wanted to try some new stuff with Link because I've been watching some vids of Hylian, I'll go Bowser next time. As for your neutral game I wish I could help, but tbh I'm still not all that clear on what specifically the neutral game entails. As for Bowser I really just think it's a bad MU for Falcon, Bowser basically wins against everyone who can't force him to approach, your best bets would be to grab a lot because that negates his armor, and try your best not to let me get you offstage because Falcon is really easy for Bowser to edge-guard.

Edit: And yeah I might be on later, Idk I kind of have a headache and it's hard to focus on Smash right now I kind of feel like setting up my SNES and kicking it old school with some Mario World, but I'll probably be on at some point tonight because I need to practice for a tourney on Friday.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Hey ggs. Man that was frustrating, it seems that buying a knock off gc controller isn't the best of ideas... Lol. I'd try to move right and it would shoot left. I was like I didn't even shoot??? Or maybe I was nervous... I'm not sure. Either way it was cool. Do you know where to buy a good gc controller?

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Hey ggs. Man that was frustrating, it seems that buying a knock off gc controller isn't the best of ideas... Lol. I'd try to move right and it would shoot left. I was like I didn't even shoot??? Or maybe I was nervous... I'm not sure. Either way it was cool. Do you know where to buy a good gc controller?
I tried gamestop but they only sell biotech controllers which suck lol I need a classic gc too

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Oh sorry, I've been playing a lot of Ike lately and I wanted to try some new stuff with Link because I've been watching some vids of Hylian, I'll go Bowser next time. As for your neutral game I wish I could help, but tbh I'm still not all that clear on what specifically the neutral game entails. As for Bowser I really just think it's a bad MU for Falcon, Bowser basically wins against everyone who can't force him to approach, your best bets would be to grab a lot because that negates his armor, and try your best not to let me get you offstage because Falcon is really easy for Bowser to edge-guard.
Yep, your edgeguards are superb, and Falcon's bad recovery doesn't help much. I need better spacing as well, because those shieldgrabs are killer vs Bowser. I do need to go for more grabs vs everyone, because I think I use stomp too much lol, instead of grab.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Amazon, eBay, or Vintage Stock.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Could've just been Wi-Fi. It made me do weird stuff, too.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GG's, DAS. There's no way I could ever play online like that. You're too fast for me, man. Lol.

GGs as well I enjoyed playing you again. I got to try to force some speed online, but yeah it isn't easy though lol.

Those Peach vs Kirby matches almost put me in mind of the ones I have with MikeKirby.

I hope that I help a bit with ZSS though its different online anyway.

Its not easy fighting you.

Edit: I don't really see online as means of true skill measurement. Since people can handle the conditions in varies degrees. I could do pretty well vs you online, but offline I possibly could get wrecked instead lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Guys how do you dash without the skidding animation? Some people do it really fast on the ground
Are you perhaps talking about foxtrotting? That's where you just do the initial dash animation then stop and repeat.

Rage of Myles

Smash Rookie
GGs as well I enjoyed playing you again. I got to try to force some speed online, but yeah it isn't easy though lol.

Those Peach vs Kirby matches almost put me in mind of the ones I have with MikeKirby.

Edit: I don't really see online as means of true skill measurement. Since people can handle the conditions in varies degrees. I could do pretty well vs you online, but offline I possibly could get wrecked instead lol.
Hey das wanna brawl me? everyone says your really good

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord

I have no idea how you or some other players I've faced on AiB do it... xD Ha.

Mm, MikeKirby and I go pretty even online. We've had tons of dittos before in the past, so I can see why.

Ahh, well, I doubt it, but I still suppose that makes me feel a little better... xD Heh heh, see ya around, man.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I have no idea how you or some other players I've faced on AiB do it... xD Ha.

Mm, MikeKirby and I go pretty even online. We've had tons of dittos before in the past, so I can see why.

Ahh, well, I doubt it, but I still suppose that makes me feel a little better... xD Heh heh, see ya around, man.

Well I do fine in most connections if its not too stiff. Well that's good how well your matches with him go.

I should try dittos next go around.

Alright man I'll cya later

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
He could be an emotion player.
I'm almost certain he is.
A lot of people, including myself are dictated by there emotions when it comes to fighters. It's kind of a butt in the butt.

For example, the people that go to tournaments with me are close friends that make me happy, so i'm in really good spirit when I go, and therefore play well! However, if my close friends arn't there, or if I get eliminated I start playing terribly afterwards because I become slightly apathetic.

That's why I money match people before I get knocked out in tournament. Aheheheh~~ <333
No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no, and no!

I can control myself, but when I have stuff to do that occupy my time from playing a video-game (that I'm starting to lose my gamer feel). I have grownup things to do. Leave me alone Sunny. Just like how I'm keeping that certain name from my mouth. Do the same for me. K? K.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Very well, I'll be the host then!

I shall be on team blue, as per usual, so if anyone cares to join me.. ;o

The remaining 2 players should go red (to avoid further confusion)

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Haha alright man well you host!

GGs Myles I'm not sure if you had to go or anything. I probably need to get something to eat anyway.

First game double Kirby didn't think that would happen lol. I enjoyed fighting you, and sorry for any of the lag that was there.

Nice characters too.

Top Bottom